Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

#SupermanAndLois 4.3 - “Always My Hero” live recap

“Always My Hero”

DIRECTED BY DAVID GIUNTOLI (“A MILLION THINGS,” “GRIMM”) – Reeling from failure, Jordan (Alex Garfin) begins to spiral, while Jonathan (Michael Bishop) discovers newfound strength. General Lane (Dylan Walsh) recruits John Henry (Wole Parks) and Natalie Irons (Tayler Buck) to the DOD, before making a choice that will change everything. David Giuntoli (“Grimm”) directed the episode written by Brent Fletcher & Todd Helbing (#403). Original airdate 10/14/2024. 

 

 






Photo credit: The CW

Episode 3:

Lois sitting in her bed dressed in black. Can you ever truly explain how much a person meant to you. Is it possible? All the love you felt? All the memories you shared.

Funeral on the farm. As much as I try, I don't think I'll ever have the words.

Sam at the DOD. Bring the Irons in. And he wants the serum Bruno made. She says she'll have the serum sent to his office. But no not use it unless you tell me what it's for. Clear?

Flashback. Lois and Clark have something they want to tell Sam. About Superman. He's from Smallville. Isn't that where you grew up? Yes, sir, it is. Did you know him? You could say that. Clark tells him I'm Superman. We're the same person. Sam doesn't believe. Clark stands and removes the glasses. Sam looks at Lois. Clark says ta-da....

Irons. John Henry watching the Doomsday video. We should've helped Clark. Natalie feels so bad for Jon and Jordan. He tells her Sam called and he wants us at the DOD full time. This is the new reality we're facing. The world without its protector. When does Grandpa need to know? End of day.

Lois thinking about when Doomsday dropped the body off. The boys aren't happy she published the article about Superman dying. Lois says the world needs to know Superman isn't coming to rescue them anymore. Jonathan blames Jordan.

Jon and Jordan in the barn. Jon is sorry for what he said. Jordan wants to be forgiven. Jon rants at him about his behavior. You were trying to be a hero and now Dad's dead. My dad's dead, and now I never get to see him again! Jon punches things until he's crying. Then suddenly overwhelmed.....with powers! Hearing and x-ray vision and the breath. The spaceship reacts. Dude. You got powers.

**Late bloomer triggers his powers with an emotional outburst. X-Men mutants much?

Flying around the house. Lois looking out the window. Can't believe he's flying already. Jordan's grumpy. Jon flew all over the world. Heat vision, Ice breath. Like a 1000 times stronger. Even heard Mr. Cushing getting Chrissy a car. Jordan leaves. Lois says it's not your fault. Just bad timing. Jon just wants to help. She needs to talk to Sam.

The Irons. Picnic on the tailgate. We don't have to take Lane's offer. I'm sure he could find someone else. She says no he can't. You know it. There is no one else. She's still dating Matteo. Last time, we didn't get to fight to save our world. Now we can. If we can't stop it, who can? He says every day, you remind me more of your mother. I miss her. He says me, too.

Sam and Lois at the DOD. He saw the article. Kills me to see you like this. Hugs her. Are you anywhere near okay? No. She's trying to keep it together for the boys. She tells him Jonathan got powers. Which ones? All of them. He thinks it's destiny. Kid's a born leader. She says he's 16 and just lost his father. He's not ready to save the world. Sam says bring him in and we'll gear him up, train him, and build a team around him. You're his mother and I promise I'll respect whatever course you take.

Flashback. Clark in Sam's office. He's asking for Lois' hand in marriage. Sam says that's a terrible idea! Clark says I'm in love with your daughter. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Sam wants Clark to walk away. For her own good. Lois doesn't deserve this kind of life. Clark says I'll never leave her. Sam says not intentionally. When that day comes, the worst case scenario, she's the one that'll feel that pain the rest of her life. Clark came to ask, but he does intend to marry Lois. Why did you come? So you'd be part of our family. Sam says do what you want. You know where I stand.

Lex feeds Doomsday. I like him. His right hand gal says their asset is in place and the carrot has been presented. Lex says we have one chance at this. She asks Want me to give the go ahead? Do it.

**Poor Bizarro. He'd be horrified at what he's become.
**Any way of telling Tal what happened? He'd want to know about his brother.

Chopping fruit. Jon smelling them. It's so intense. Lois says your father hated Limburger cheese. What did Grandpa say? She says he's always had a soft spot for you. He asks what do you think? She says we made mistakes about you boys and your powers. We should've talked to you years ago. He's not asking to be a superhero. I've got a lot to learn, and I want to learn it, But being able to do what I can now, if I can save one family from losing like we lost Dad, I have to. She says okay. I'll tell your grandfather we're coming. Go get your stuff.

Upstairs. Jon apologizes to Jordan. I didn't mean it. Jordan says you did. Have fun at the DOD. Jon asks if he wants to come. Jordan says nah, man. Good luck.

Sam with the Irons. We'll give you the best of the best. They says we know how it works. We're in. Sam says you have questions or concerns, we work them out right now. John Henry says all we need to know is you have our back. The team comes in. Sam introduces them. Natalie's code name is Starlight. His phone beeps. Sam will check in later.

Jordan in the barn. Remembering. Lex arrives! Afternoon, Superboy.

Surprise this place didn't burn down. Jordan asks what do you want? Lex says there's something you need to hear. About your mom. Do you think she has a favorite? Your mother's a liar. Hear for yourself. The phone telling her to choose between the boys. Listen. You have chosen Jonathan. Thanks for being honest for once. Have a nice day. Jordan says it isn't real. Lex says ask her yourself. Jordan says it doesn't matter. Lex says maybe not. But wonder, what else has she been lying about? She'll always pick him. At least now you know.

General lady asks the Irons about Sam and Bruno Mannheim's serum. She says she worries if someone doesn't stoo Lane now, we'll have two monsters to deal with.

Sam in his dress uniform at the house. It's the wedding day. He listens to Clark and his mom talk. Clark says it doesn't feel right to marry Lois without him on board. She tells Clark that he'll be a great husband and father and if the general can't see that, that's on him.

Jordan finds Lois and Jon. Did you really choose Jon? Luthor played me a tape. Lois tries to explain, says you were the one with powers. Jordan says I was being attacked! Lois says I didn't know that. I've always loved you the same. Jordan says he said you'd say that. She says Lex is a liar. Jordan says you're not? You sent him to prison for a crime he didn't commit. She yells at him to never say that again! That man killed your father! Jordan, you need to understand that Lex Luthor is using you to hurt me. Right. Because I'm so weak. Jordan leaves.

Sam looks at the serum. Sam gets an office visitor, but it's not who he expects. Jones pulls a gun on Sam and plays a message from Lex. Jones says he's threatening my family. Sam promised Lex's daughter that he would keep her secret. They struggle over the gun and Sam gets gut shot. Jones says he's sorry and runs.

**Is Sam going to use the serum to heal his wound? He's taken a lot of injuries in 4 seasons.

He's sitting on the floor still. Grabs the syringe on his desk. Injects it. Irons find him. What happened? What did you do? Sam says get everyone out of here. Luthor's sending that thing for me. Give this to Lois. Suit up and stop that thing.

Tracking says it's on the way.

Irons in the air. John gives instructions. Don't hold back! Explosion. They're blown back. Doomsday grabs John. Throws him.

Doomsday lands at the DOD. Roars at them. Sam limps out. Cease fire! Dad? Trust me.

Wedding day. Lois in the barn. Sam doesn't want her to make the same mistakes he and her mother made. It's a recipe for disaster. Believe me. Especially with kids. She says we're entering this marriage with our eyes wide open. She says please, trust me. Trust in us. He says okay, Pumpkin. I trust you. I still have reservations. I will for a long time. But I see how you love him, and I know he loves you. So yes. You have my blessing. Thanks, Dad. You look so beautiful. He offers his arm. The music is playing. She knows how scary this is for him. But it means the world to me. He says I'll always be brave for you. Always.

Sam tells Lex I gave her my word. Lex on the phone demands the info. Sam looks to Lois. I promised her I'd be brave. Lois aks Dad, what are you doing? Lex tells Doomsday to do it. He kills Sam. Lois screams. Doomsday flies off. She hurries to her father.

**Geeze, no one is safe. BTW, Lex, if you kill the one man that knew your daughte's location, you really won't find her. Psycho.

Lois weeps. The Irons land. John says I need to take Sam's body. It's what he wanted. Go back to the farm, Natalie will explain everything.

John flies to the Fortress. I need your help. We don't have much time.

Lois tells Jordan. He died protecting us. Natalie says it's more than that.

John tells Clark's mother about Sam's heart and the serum.

Natalie says he was searching for a donor. When he got shot, there was no more time.

If Kal is to return, it'll take many days. Even then, I have concerns.

Natalie says he made this for you, right before. Hey, Pumpkin. Sorry to be so rushed here. My time's about to run out. Before that happens, I wanted to tell you, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. I was closed off, set in my ways. you and Clark insisted on making me part of your family and that's been the greatest joy of my life. Those boys and Nat, I can't put into words how much I love them. And you.....you've alwys been my North Star. You made me a better man. You made me a dad. I'm so pround of you. Clark said he'd always be there for you. I didn't always get that, but now I do. Once I give him my heart, I'll be there, too. For every beat. Guess.....I guess this is goodbye for now. I love you, Pumpkin. More than you could ever know.

It's Sam's funeral. Lois's words. The boys are wearing Hawaiian shirts. Lois says there's no one else in the world I would've wanted as my dad. I love you, Dad. You were always my hero. He's buried under the big tree on the farm.

Clark in the fortress gasps to life.

Next week - Jprdan tells Lois I keep letting you down. She says it's all Luthor.


No comments:

Post a Comment