Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

#Parenthood Episode 11 Recap

Season 6, Episode 11: Let's Go Home
Camille and Zeek find old rolls of film and ask Max to develop the photographs.

Can Joel and Julia make it work? Will The Luncheonette last? And will Sarah accept Hank's proposal?



My live recap:
Zeke using a step-ladder as a walker? He calls for Camille to get him a shoebox from the closet. He wants to give his Reggie Jackson ball to Amber's baby. Why do you want to give the ball to a baby? Zeke, we have to discuss what the doctor said, about the next step. He doesn't find the ball in the box. Wrong box.

Crosby is still positive about making The Luncheonette work. He gets to come to a place he loves because he has the greatest partner in the world. How's the guilt trip, Adam?

Amber comes home and there's a big box waiting. She rips the paper off and it's a crib. From her dad. Awwwww.

Sarah wants to talk about the tomato in the room. Elephant. Was that for real? You blurted it out and we haven't talked about it since. He says he said what he wanted to say. he wants her forever and he meant it. It's in your hands, the tomato.

Julia finds a frame of Joel in a drawer. Calls him. She asks what they're doing. He says they should talk. She says now. Now-now. Unless you're busy. he's not busy. So.... We gotta do this in person. Come over. On my way. When he arrives, she pulls him in and kisses him.

Joel and Julia made it to the bed again. So that happened. LOL. It could happen again. We do need to talk. uh-huh. We will. Yeah, we will. Sidney asks why the door's locked. Joel grabs his clothes and hides under the bed. Sidney texts him. They hear a chime. Julia says it's her phone. Let's get you off to school, we're in a rush. LOL!!

Zeke and Camille bring a project to Max. It's film. No idea what year they're from. Camille goes upstairs with him. Zeke wants to talk to Adam about the break-in. Adam says it's fine and all good. I'm not convinced. Dad, it's..... Yeah, you never could lie to me. Okay, I want out of the Luncheonette. A clean break and move on, but I can't because it's Crosby's dream. This would crush him. Zeke says do what's best for you family. He is my family, my little brother. Zeke says Crosby can handle this. You have to do what's right for you, son.

Sarah's trying to put the crib together. Amber says you're doing it wrong. She rants about Dad sending it and not being helpful because we have to put it together. She's stressed to do all this stuff alone and bringing a child in the world alone. Sarah comforts her, and says we'll hire someone to put this crib together. LOL.

Adam asks to talk with Crosby. He tells Crosby the best thing to do is fold. Close the business. Crosby says it's not what's best for me. Adam says it's best for me. I want out from under and I'm sorry. Crosby says I understand. You have a family. Don't feel bad about it. Adam says, We had a good run. A good run. Crosby is SOOOO not okay.

Amber tells Hank they're putting a crib together and don't have a hammer. He tells her to be careful. You have a hard time with Velcro. LOL. He asks her for the reasons to say no. She says she needs more time. Max comes in and rambles about the film that needs to be developed RIGHT now. She says go.

Sarah and Julia in the park. Working out. Julia told her about Joel. How long do you wait before you know? Hey, Hank asked me to marry him. Sarah doesn't know what to say. I love him, but he's complicated. My gut has steered me wrong so many times. Julia says we're going to make a list of pros and cons. On Julia's phone. Sarah lists pros.

Jasmine with the baby. Crosby comes home. He goes to the bed. She asks if he's okay. What's up? He says it's over, Adam is walking away. She says she's sorry.

Julia and Joel getting coffee. She says we can't confuse the kids. False hope? No, there's hope, but we have to do a lot of work. Do that before we can tell the kids. We have to know we can make it or it's too much for them. he says I love you and I'm in. So what about Chris? I work with him and I'm not quitting my job. I like my job and my clients. He says he'll deal with it. She asks what about me? I'm a mess. I was unraveling and you left. he says that won't happen again. But.... He says I'll never leave you again. I'll never leave you.

Zeke took Drew to the storage unit. Looking for the baseball in a shoe box. He sits, looking not so great. Drew asks if he's okay. Then apologizes about ruining the trip to France. it's all I can think about. What if I lost you and you were mad at me? I really am so sorry. Come here. Gosh, Drew, it's okay. When that happens, the last thing you hold onto is anger. The crazy thing is the anger you feel is usually for the people you love the most. When Crosby and Adam were kids, I really wanted to kill me. Runnin' around and screaming-- Oh my gosh. They wanted to play with my baseball and I hid it. You have to take me home.

Hank and Max working on the film. A role from the '80s. 1987. Hank remembers back to then. I was just a kid. The photo is of Sarah. Max doesn't understand Hank's rambling about Sarah. Timer dings.

All the photos are the collage of images from the opening. Camille and Sarah look at them all. All family photos from way back. Camille remembers the photo from the day before Sarah left home. Camille has Zeke take pictures and she was going to paint from the photos. And then we had that fight and you were gone. But, you came back. Hey, what's going on, Sweetie? Sarah tells her about Hank. Camille says there's always a list why not. Sarah thinks maybe some things I should pay attention to. Do you love him? Yeah. Does he make you happy? Yeah. What else is there? Yeah......

Adam playing with Norah. Tea party. Awwww. Jasmine comes over. Asks if they can talk a few minutes. Sure. Turns the TV on for Norah. Crosby doesn't know she's here. She says she understands he has to do what's right for his family, but she's here for her family. She knows there are reasons to close, but there are reasons to stay open. The Luncheonette means a lot to people. Crosby is devastated. I'm worried about him. So please, promise you'll reconsider, that's all. He says give me some time to think about it.

Hank comes with a tool box to help with the crib. Amber hugs him and thanks him so much for coming. You got the receipt, right? LOLOL.

Adam on the laptop. Kristina asks what he's doing. He's going over the numbers again. She asks why. Jasmine came to talk to him about it. About how important it is to Crosby's family. He's devastated. Kristina says he's a big boy and he'll get over it. Adam says I don't think so. Crosby saved me, and I feel like I should be there for my brother. She says don't let your feelings pull you into a bad financial decision. He says she's right, but he needs to think and get some air.

Sarah comes and finds Hank finishing the crip. Amber's asleep. He says it's not perfect, there's one screw left, but I think it's okay. It's a good crib. Sarah says hey.....yes. To the question you asked me. What are you saying? We're gonna get married? Like to. They kiss. Wow. Wow. She giggles.

Julia with the kids at an ice rink. She calls Joel. Wanted to say hi. I'm at the skating rink with the kids. How they doing? Better than the last lap. LOL. She says she should probably go....He asks her to stay on. Wants to hear her voice. Give me the play by play. So she does.

Crosby looking at the photo of him and Adam from the beginning. Adam puts it back on the wall. He changed his mind. Let's do this, I'm in. I'm in! Promise? Yes. They hug. It's gonna work.

Joel comes to the rink. Kids are surprised. Julia's surprised. He offers his hand. She takes it. He kisses her. Kids see it.

Zeke comes in and tells Camille he remembered what happened to the baseball. I hid it in the rafters of the old barn, so come on! They go to the old house. It's been painted. And there are little kids playing in the yard, and a dog. The mom is pregnant. Camille and Zeke enjoy seeing it. So, go knock on the door. He hesitates. He changed his mind. Some day those kids will find the box and think they found a hidden treasure. it'll be the best day of their lives. Sure? Yeah. Let's go home.

Next week - Amber gives birth. Zeke and Camille make the decision about the surgery. Sarah tells him Hank proposed and he says he can't wait to walk her down the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment