Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

#Supernatural Episode 10 recap

"The Hunter Games"

Image credit: The CW

Ep 10:

The Road So Far - Not with the usual Carry On, Wayward Son song. "Long Black Road".

And now...

Crowley in a church? Surrounded. Blades stab him over and over. His mother wakes him. She hid a hex bag in his chair.

Dean in his room. Remembering what he did.

Cas tells Sam Claire is barely speaking to him. Sam says you tried to do the right thing that night. Cas says she thought Randy was kind, which shows how little kindness was in her life. But he didn't deserve to die like.... Dean comes in, says it was a massacre. Say it. You're not wrong. I crossed a line. The Mark has to go. Cas says it won't be easy. It'll take a very powerful force to remove it. If we had the Demon Tablet, maybe.... You said it's missing. it is....but there may be another way.

Rowena nosing around. In Crowley's room. A demon finds her. He tells her she needs to leave. She says she'd be happy to put in a good word for him. Crowley comes in with a contract. She says she's learning so much here. Tells Crowley to watch himself around the demons. But I wish you success. Crowley says I know what you're up to. You're sucking up so I'll free you. No thank you. She says she's happy to be with him. Then they argue about her never sending for him back then. I will not apologize for being a career woman! LOL. But 300 years is nothing for folks like us. I'm back now and we can be a family.

Cas goes to the angel door. Ingrid brings him a captive. She says he must be returned intact. It's Metatron. Sam gets out of the car. Hello, Sam....here to kill me? They take Metatron to the dungeon. Chain him up. Sam says your job is to provide information. We need to know how to remove the Mark of Cain from Dean's arm. Metatron is amused at the thought of Dean going full-on maniac. Tells Sam to keep Dean on a short leash. Sam says he doesn't care what happens to him. You killed my brother. Dean walks out of the shadows.

Hotel Astoria. Claire packing. Cas comes back. She says this isn't going to work. You look like my father. You are nothing to me. Cas says I have a responsibility to help you. No you don't. Claire, you've seen things no one your age should have. You're still young. She says stop talking like you're my father. You're not. And Dean Winchester is a monster. The fact you try to defend him proves I can't trust you. She leaves.

Metatron rambles on. Dean says screw it, let's kill him. They assume he won't be helpful. He says but I'm your dickwad. I'd be tickled to help you. You need your old bud the First Blade. Sam says What? Metatron laughs.

Sam tells Dean this is insane. We can't trust what Metatron says. Dean says I don't trust him. He dials a number.

Rowena pouring tea. Crowley's phone rings. Squirrel, it's been a while. Dean says we need to meet ASAP. She straightens his tie. He leaves. She gets a big pair of scissors and cuts one of his ties.

Claire playing pool in a bar. Ranting about her problems. Her phone rings. She turns it off. Claire, the people you're talking to are not going to be nice new friends....

Dean and Sam meet Crowley in the rain. You want me to bring back the Blade? Don't think so!

Rowena concocting a spell.

Crowley asks Sam if he's on board with this. You're the sane one!

Rowena's spell takes her sight to Crowley to listen in. She eavesdrops.

Sam tells Crowley this will work out. He and Dean keep trying to convince Crowley. Look, we know you hid it somewhere far away. Damn right! Crowley says the Blade is in a crypt with my bones. Hate Guam this time of year.

Rowena's seen enough. She smiles.

Rowena tries to convince Gothrey to do something. He's not interested. She knows he was a crossroads demon before. And that means you travel...

Cas is not happy about this plan. Dean says there isn't a choice. Cas says Claire is gone. Gone where? I don't know. She's so full of rage. Says to Dean he was hoping he'd reach out to her and explain why you murdered her friend. She won't talk to me. If she understood the danger she was really in.... Dean says what the hell, why not. I'll make a sandwich. Cas says I'll text you her number. I like texting and emoticons. Dean goes in the kitchen. Cas tells Sam that Dean seems calm.

Crowley comes to the coffin. There's a chest inside. And it's empty. No Blade.

Rowena is very happy. Was sitting on Crowley's throne. Gothrey says he has it, but he'll deliver it only to the king. She kills him. Crowley comes in. She immediately says Gothrey attacked her and she had no choice. Crowley says he did have a vision about being attacked. She says it's a premonition. Wolves around us everywhere. Who's left for you to trust, Fergus?

Claire with the couple. She listens to a message from Dean. They say maybe you should meet this guy. We'll take care of him so he won't bother you anymore. Permanently.

Dean's phone rings. Crowley says he's got it. I'll hang onto it until you figure out how to get that thing off your arm. Dean goes to Metatron. We have the First Blade. So what's next? Metatron says it's lonely here and I have time to think. You really need me, so here's the deal. That first tip was a freebie. Every future step will cost you big. And FYI, there's a bunch. Dean closes and locks the door. Gonna use the angel blade. "You're gonna tell me everything, all of it, and it ain't gonna cost me a damn dime, slugger."

Dean says he'll ask once - what is the next step of removing the Mark? Metatron repeats his offer. Dean says every step you don't give me will cost you. A long time coming. Lists Metatron's sins. Metatron isn't impressed. Provokes Dean until Dean starts beating on him. Good, Dean, go darker, deeper. Every time you do, you're more under its spell!

Cas is going to leave, and Sam notices Dean isn't in the kitchen.

Dean's still hitting Metatron. Metatron keeps poking. Dean's knuckles are red and raw. What is the next step?! Metatron says go screw yourself. Sam knocks, pounds on the door. Dean grabs the blade. Starts carving on Metatron. Sam can't get through the door, so Cas uses his powers. The door blows up. Sam runs in and grabs Dean. Cas says I have to take him back. Metatron says you ask me for help again, I'll choose death. you're going to get worse, dean!

Sam and Dean in the library. "River ends at the source"....last thing Metatron said before you bust in. Sam says we had to. No, I get it. I was going to kill him and I couldn't stop myself. Remember what Cas said about needing a powerful source.. Yeah? Cain has the Mark and he's lived with it. So the Mark is strong, but maybe you have to fight the part that wants to give in. Maybe part of that powerful force has to be you.

Claire calls Dean and says she'll meet. Her new buddies are happy.

Dean drives out to Claire alone. Sits on a bench. The couple start sneaking up on him with a bat and an ax. Claire yells at them to stop, but they attack. Dean disarms them. She yells at him to stop. He embeds the ax in the bench.

Claire walking on the road. Cas drives up. How the hell did you find me? Angels find who pray to them. Doesn't have to be a formal prayer. She says I thought about what you said. Let go of a little bit of monster in me. He offers to help. She says she still has to go it alone, but you can call sometime. Now go. No one will pick me up with this butt-ugly car around. And you looked better in the tie. He drives away.

Next week: Charlie's back. And they fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment