Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#Arrow episode 12 Recap

Arrow episode 12 - "Uprising"

MALCOLM MAKES AN OFFER TO HELP TEAM ARROW — Still operating without Oliver (Stephen Amell) and desperate to stop Brick (guest star Vinnie Jones), Team Arrow is forced to consider Malcolm’s (John Barrowman) offer to help shut Brick down as Malcolm has a personal score to settle with the felon. Roy (Colton Haynes) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) point out that the team could use some help to save the innocents of The Glades, but Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is adamantly against it. They look to Diggle to make the final decision. Meanwhile, the flashbacks chronicle Malcolm’s descent from kind-hearted father and husband to cold-blooded killer after the murder of his wife. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Brian Ford Sullivan (#312). Original airdate 2/4/2015.


 
 
Image credit: The CW
 
Recap:
 
The mountain. Oliver is dressed to leave. Tatsu tells him to rest. He thanks her for saving his life. She says Maseo saved you. I just treated you. He says he can't stay. My sister, my city... He asks her to come with. She says she ha no desire to return to the world. Be well, Oliver. He opens the door of the cabin and walks out.

Glades held hostage for a week now. Shakedown at a bar. Arsenal comes in. Flash reference! Black Canary helps him. Felicity listening to the scanner. People desperately calling 911. Sin watches Arsenal and Canary leave.

Lance calls Felicity. How can I help? He wants to help the hood squad.

Thea and Malcolm sparring. Hesitation is death. She says she's not a killer. He says the League doesn't do mercy. She says she didn't sign up for this. Only wanted to know how to defend herself. He says people wanting to kill you is what you face right now. He says the first kill, I was never more frightened and remorseful. But he murdered my wife.

Flashback to Malcolm at home with a young Tommy. He comforts him after a nightmare. I won't let anything bad ever happen to you. I will always be here for you. Where's your mom? I don't know. Doorbell. Malcolm goes downstairs. It's the police with bad news.

Arsenal meets with Lance and Lance knows it's Roy. LOL!! He gives Roy a file on Brick. Asks about Oliver and Sara. Watch her back, okay? Always.

Laurel has a nasty cut. Team looking at the files. Felicity gets an idea to research Brick. Rebecca Merlyn was killed my Brick.

Malcolm has bugged Felicity's computers and he sees on the camera what she just said. Brick is SOOOO screwed.

Oliver coughing in the forest. Knows he's being followed. Tatsu. She patches him up. She's been to enough funerals. Oliver says Ra's will come for me and my sister. He fights with swords and he's good. She says you must think like him to beat him. Maseo is your only hope of learning to fight like him.

Malcolm sharpening a sword. Thea comes in. He says the man that killed Rebecca is still alive. Thea says let's go to the police or Laurel. He says for years, everything was for her, and it's been a lie, but now I can set it right. Thea doesn't understand. He says I know, you're not a killer, but I am.

The funeral. Oliver and Tommy as kids. Malcolm sits at the grave. He's told there's a person of interest in the case. The man leaves a photo.

Arrow cave. Diggle suggests getting Merlyn to take care of Brick. Felicity says Brick's men have been very busy hiding. If the cell towers are down, they're using walkie-talkies to communicate. Felicity works on the radio channels. Let's gear up.

Brick gets an update from his men at the diner. He's displeased that Arsenal is not dead. Brick kills one man, then.... the lights go out. Diggle advises Arsenal and Canary. Brick gives orders. Ironically, Brick's using the police station. Laurel gets stunned. Merlyn shows up and shoots at Brick. Says we need to talk.

Malcolm in the Arrow Cave. Brickwell. We have a common interest. He says why not continue our association? Does your scorn for me outweigh your need to see Brickwell dealt with? You have your options. Weigh them.

Thea and Roy in Verdant. She's worried about Malcolm. He saved my life during the Siege. It means something that he was there when I needed him the most. He thought he was helping the Glades. So what's on your mind? Roy says believe it or not, you already have.

Laurel is for using Malcolm against Brick. Felicity is not. There has to be a better way of doing this! Roy says there isn't. Malcolm saved Thea the night of the Siege. He cares about this city. We need him. Felicity says Oliver would never agree to this. Roy says he's not here anymore! Let's vote.

Diggle tells Merlyn the verdict. Guilty. So that means no, then. Did you expect differently? Diggle says we can't let the ends justify the means. That's the first step to becoming you.

Flashback. Malcolm confronts a young man. I want to understand. To know why you do what you do. He pulls a gun on him. You want my watch? Take it. You've already taken everything from me. The man takes the gun and beats on Malcolm. Go back to your rich neighborhood. Malcolm picks up the gun and fires.

Oliver and Tatsu find a ride. She gives him medicine. He asks her to come again. I do not intend to die. She says you must be willing to die and know what you have to sacrifice to beat him. It will be whatever you hold most precious. A hug goodbye.

Thea finds Malcolm. She reminds him about the night he saved her. He says there's nothing more to me than being a killer. That man died with his wife.

Flashback. Malcolm cleans up. The man comes by again. You killed Weller. And now you're running? We can cover this up. Malcolm says he can't stay. Killing him didn't cleanse this anger. Tommy comes downstairs. Malcolm tells him to go back to bed. Says he has to leave a little while. I'm going somewhere to learn how to make sure no one hurts us again.

Arrow Cave. Team discusses. Roy was outvoted. Laurel says let's galvanize the town.

She visits Ted Grant. She didn't come to argue.

Roy finds Sin. They hug. We need to talk about Sara, after. After what?

Diggle and Felicity in the van with Arsenal and Black Canary. All-out assault on Brick is the only way to end this. Arsenal and Canary confront Brick. You have failed this city. They're backed up by the people. Brick isn't impressed. Tells his men to attack.

Melee in the street. Ted takes on Brick. Ted excels first, then Brick gets the advantage. Arsenal stops Brick from shooting him. Laurel goes to Ted.

Brick vs. Malcolm.

There's another archer!

Malcolm points Brick's gun at Brick. Talks about Rebecca. Brick says she was my first kill. My initiation. Murdered her because she was weak! She begged for her life. Arrow tells Malcolm to stop. Killing him won't balance the scales. Malcolm isn't worried about scales. You don't understand! It could all be different! If I'd killed Brick back then.... Every choice I've made since my wife died.... Oliver tells him to make the choice for Thea.

Lance gets a text. Turn on the news.

Arrow addresses the Glades. Brick is in custody. Arrow promises I will not fail you by leaving the city again. Then he swings away.

Lance gives orders to his men. Sin thanks him for bringing the cops back. that woman in black leather tonight wasn't Sara. Who else would it be? What? That wasn't your daughter.

Thea asleep on the sofa. Malcolm covers her with a blanket. He says I didn't do it. For me, because of you. Oliver comes in. She rushes to him. He tells a story. Malcolm shakes his hand. Good to see you again, Oliver. She goes to the kitchen to make tea. Malcolm says I wasn't always like this. Killing changes you. I wasn't there for Tommy, but Thea is my chance for redemption. Oliver says you turned my sister into a killer. Ra's will come for me and learn the truth. And I will kill him. Because you will train me.

Flashback. Malcolm arrives in Nanda Parbat. Meets little Nyssa. He pulls a quarter from behind her ear. She calls him The Magician.

Oliver comes to the group. Felicity hugs him. Sorry I didn't reach out sooner. Wasn't in a cell area. He congratulates them on their work. He says Merlyn and I are working on defeating Ra's. Felicity says Merlyn is a monster! I swore you wouldn't work with Malcolm ever! Guess I was wrong. Glad you're not dead.

Oliver follows her outside. Apologizes. For what? For letting us believe you were dead? Or abandoning every principle you have? That's not why you're upset. She says I fantasized maybe Merlyn was wrong, that you were alive and you'd come back different. That you'd do things differently. Things between us, you mean. She says you told me you love me. And now you say you're working with the man who turned your sister into a killer and killed a woman you used to love! I don't want to be a woman you love.

Ooooo, burn!!!

Next week - Vertigo is back. And Laurel is infected. Canary vs. Canary.


No comments:

Post a Comment