Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

#Arrow episode 15 Recap

"Nanda Parbat"

MERLYN IS CAPTURED BY RA’S AL GHUL; THE ATOM SUIT REVEALED — Malcolm (John Barrowman) is captured by Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) and taken to Nanda Parbat. Because of his love for Thea (Willa Holland), Oliver (Stephen Amell) considers saving Merlyn. Ray (Brandon Routh) is obsessed with finishing his Atom suit so he can save the city but Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) fears he is heading down the same path as Oliver (Stephen Amell) and tries to pull him out of the lab. Gregory Smith directed the episode with story by Wendy Mericle & Ben Sokolowski and teleplay by Erik Olesen & Ben Sokolowski (#315). Original airdate 2/25/2015.

 



Image credit: The CW

Recap: Episode 15:

Nanda Parbat. Ra's in liquid. Nyssa says Oliver Queen is still alive. Ra's says he knows. Oliver didn't kill Sara. I knew Sara would leave us, leave you. I didn't approve of a love that would only lead to heartbreak. She says Oliver Queen must die.

Oliver and Thea sparring with Malcolm. You have a long way to go, particularly you, Oliver. Diggle says he's reinforced the factory with ARGUS tech. Malcolm suggests moving here. Oliver says we're not leaving the loft.

Laurel tells Thea it's amazing how much Malcolm taught you in a short time. Your fighting style reminds me of Sara's. Thea begs off for a shower.

Diggle checks on Oliver. Asks when he last slept. I will sleep when this is over.

Oliver being debriefed in flashback. General comes in. Oliver asks where Waller is. General says her job in this is done. You and the Yamashiros are free to go. Thank you, General Shrieve. They shake hands.

Thea in the bar. Roy looks at all the fortifications. Asks if she's okay. No, not really. Oliver told me I can't tell anyone. She confesses. Roy says I know. Says I killed someone under the influence. A cop. And when I found out... you wished you didn't know. But it gets easier. Thea says you don't have to see that cop's family almost every day. It won't get easier and I don't think it should.

Felicity finds Ray. He's been in the lab for a week. She stops him from using the wrong tool. You need to sleep. Before you blow yourself up. He says I never wanted to feel helpless again and then Brick's men..... She says you don't need to punish yourself. He says he's not, he's focused. Sorry, but I have a lot to do. She leaves him alone.

Laurel leaves a message for her father again. Thea comes to see her. It's about Sara. Malcolm drugged me...he gave me something that made me suggestible and....I killed Sara. I didn't know what I was doing, it wasn't me. I'm so sorry, Laurel! Laurel says if you were drugged it wasn't your fault, but how can you work with him? Thea says because of The League. We have to. Don't have a choice. Laurel says yes you do. What you do from now on is your choice.

Oliver practicing. Laurel comes in. I can't remember Sara's smile. Weird, isn't it? When I close my eyes, all I see is the way I found her. Sometimes all that keeps me going is finding her killer. He says we will, I promise. She says how do you do that? Lie to my face. Thea told me. Oliver says I need Malcolm. This is how it needs to be. She says it's amazing how he always finds a way to be under your protection. Hard to remember a time I was in love with you.

Oliver confronts Thea. The only way we'll survive is acting in unison! She says we're not in any danger. Not anymore. Not you or me, but Malcolm will face justice. Thea, what have you done?

Malcolm confronted by Laurel as Black Canary. He dodges her attempts. You killed my sister, you stupid son of a bitch! He says you're embarrassing yourself. Sara and I had the same teacher. She pulls a gun on him. And then the League drops in. Nyssa says step aside, Laurel. Nyssa and Malcolm fight. She knocks him out. Nyssa tells Laurel you can rest now. Sara's murder is avenged. He is taken away.

Oliver comes into the Arrow Cave and yells at Laurel. Diggle says Nyssa took Merlyn. Oliver says Malcolm won't show the video to Ra's. We have to get him back. The guilt will eat at Thea until there's nothing left. Laurel says you're out of your mind. He says you don't need to be here. Felicity sends him to an airfield.

Flashback. Maseo and Tatsu with Oliver. They get attacked at the boat yard. Wondered what could've kept Oliver away from home still....

Nyssa has a helicopter. Malcolm says your father doesn't care about Sara's death. this is about my Undertaking. Your relationship with Sara means you have no chance of taking your father's place. Arrow arrives. He and Nyssa fight. Malcolm fights with the other assassins. Oliver tells Nyssa this isn't justice, it's vengeance. She says vengeance is justice! He ties her up. The helicopter gets away with Malcolm inside. She says Malcolm Merlyn will never be seen again.

Nyssa in a cell. Diggle asks what's the play. Laurel asks what you're doing with her. Oliver says I need the room. She's a source of info. Diggle tells them all to clear out. Then says you can't save Thea's soul at the cost of your own. He leaves. Oliver asks where nanda Parbat is. She says I'll gladly tell you where to find my home, because you will die there.

Verdant. Team discusses. Oliver says Nanda Parbat is hidden beneath the Hindu Kush. Roy understands, but how is her brother dying any better. Oliver says I don't plan on dying. Felicity says that's what you said last time. Laurel says this is a suicide mission. Diggle asks to talk alone. Tells Oliver there's something more at play here. Oliver says it's about Thea. You sure? Only thing I am sure about.

Felicity locked Ray out of the server. You have two options, Ray - you can break through my encryption.....or, eat a proper meal and take a shower. This whole situation is creepily not okay. He says he'll take option 2. Good choice. She says after dinner and a shower I'm taking you straight to bed--putting you.

Diggle with baby Sara. He tells Lyla that Oliver is going to Nanda Parbat. She asks if he's going with him. Diggle says I have to do right by my family. She says go with him. You're still a soldier. Standing down while your friend goes into battle isn't in your DNA. Just come back in one piece. He asks if we could borrow the ARGUS jet.

Thea confronts Oliver. He says you don't know what it's like to take a life. You're a good person, Thea. Both of our parents are dead because of me and I have to live with that guilt. i don't want that for you. She pleads with him.

Diggle says the jet is waiting.

Malcolm brought to Ra's. A magician can cheat many things, except one. Malcolm begs to prove himself. Ra's tells him to face your death with honor, or at least dignity. There's a price you must pay for your crimes. Take him away. Malcolm screams "no" over and over.

Twenty minutes left!

Felicity waiting for Ray. Admiring his paintings. He comes out with no shirt. Says you were right. She gives him the password. He says he trusts her judgment. Sometimes I forget we work together. She kisses him. Sorry. He's not. Kisses her back.

Oliver and Diggle arrive. Why are we really doing this? Oliver says we can't let sentries get away. Surprise is our only advantage. They get fired at. Oliver says shot straighter than they do. Cover me. One sentry gets away.

Flashback. ARGUS men attacking them. Oliver says I'll cover you. Go for the truck!

Laurel and Nyssa. Laurel gives her food. Nyssa says Malcolm in pain and begging for death doesn't please you? Laurel says once he's gone, there's another piece of her gone. Can you remember Sara's laugh? Nyssa says Sara watched a demonstration of Ra's's power when she first came to us and she laughed. I think that's when I fell in love with her. I'd give anything to hear that again. Laurel thanks her for the story.

Oliver and Diggle inside. Taking down more assassins. Diggle asks how do we find Merlyn in all this. Oliver tagged him 4 months ago. They find him suspended over hot coals. Malcolm says it's a trap. A gate comes down and Ra's welcomes Oliver to Nanda Parbat.

Ten minutes!

Oliver and Diggle wake up in chains. We need to get out of here now. Oliver says I won't let you die down here. Not up to you. You don't understand. Yeah, I think I do. You are doing it for Thea, but it's not just about her. Oliver says every time I close my eyes, all I see, hear, feel is the fall. I couldn't live like that. Knowing someone out there beat me. It's egotistical and insane. Diggle says every soldier has to believe he's coming home. Ra's got in your head. Oliver asks what the favor you wanted to ask. Diggle says how you feel about being my best man? Oliver says I feel pretty good about it. Maseo comes in and says it's time.

Flashback. Maseo and Tatsu get to the truck. Oliver and the boy are separated from them.

Roy and Thea in the car. roy wants to show her how he deals. They're outside a house. That's Michelle Vincent and her son. He's 4. That's the police officer's family. Roy gives them cash, groceries, Christmas presents. It helps with the guilt. Thea appreciates this, but the cop and Sara are not the same thing. When I traded Malcolm to the League, when I let him in my life, I knew what he was, who he was. He taught me how to kill. Maybe I deserve to be punished. I tried to have my father murdered. Csn you please take me home?

Ray and Felicity slept together! He wakes and scribbles something on a pad. Goes back in the lab. Password is password. LOL. He puts on the suit. ATOM is functional. He's on the roof. Jet's start up and he flies! She's still asleep.

Thea comes to Nyssa. Something I need to tell you. I can't live without you knowing. The guilt is far worse than anything you could do to me. I lied to you when I told you Malcolm killed Sara. He wanted her dead but I fired those arrows into her chest. I promised you vengeance. So take it. She gives Nyssa her sword back.

Oliver in front of Ra's. Ra's says everyone has to come to an end. Oliver says kill me, but spare John Diggle's life. I will beg for it. Ra's says no, I don't want to kill you. I want you to take my place. Become the next Ra's Al Ghul. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 18 - Oliver considers it. Malcolm is still alive.

Producers interview here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment