Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

#TheOriginals recap Episode 12

Sanctuary


Image credit: The CW


Episode 12:

The witch prison. Rebekah sleeps, dreaming? Freya comes. Stands by the bed and looks at her.

The wolf camp. Families. Klaus looking for Hayley.

Hayley at the water. Jackson says she scared him. Worried she ran off in the middle of the night. She says she can't tell her secrets. It's not safe. He says we've never been safe. With this wedding, we can create a new pack. The transfer won't work if we don't share secrets. Even if we call off the wedding, there's something I need to tell you. It's about your parents' death.

Rebekah is awake. She finds Cassie. Gives her an apple she stole. And I don't intend to spend another night here. There's something in the room with the locked door, someone. She's strong. You and I can channel her and bust free of this loony bin. There's a new girl dropped in at the middle of the night. New girl delighted by cartoons. Rebekah wonders if she knows her. Gives her an apple.

Davina wakes up. Kol let her sleep all night. Ready to start. Nothing having second thoughts, are you? She says she's past second thoughts. Phone buzzes. Aiden says Josh and Marcel are missing.

Marcel and Josh with Finn. All the vamps. He wonders what secrets Klaus shared with Marcel.

Jackson's grandmother. Klaus found her. What do you want? He suggests she invite him in. Not likely, vampire. I'm a hybrid, actually. He's looking for Hayley. She says Jackson is with her now. Leave them alone. Klaus wishes he could. Actually... He'd like to congratulate them. No doubt, they're close by. Suppose I'll have to hunt them down, won't I?

Jackson and Hayley walk to a burial ground for those that leave the pack. His grandfather was a radical and killed her parents. She's always wondered what happened to them. Why did you wait so long? He says he didn't know until his grandmother told him. Says he knew he had to be the one to tell her. Didn't know if he could. She says she doesn't blame him. She hates secrets. He says she doesn't have to tell hers. Doesn't change how he feels about her. Klaus says that's quite romantic. Asks to have a word with Hayley. She tells Jackson she'll meet him back at Mary's.

Rebekah and Cassis plan. New girl is abused for having the apple. Rebekah intervenes and gets her hand broken. New girl asks why she helped. Maybe I like the idea of us girls sticking together.

Hayley and Klaus. He says you will not divulge any family secrets. She says this can change the outcome of this war with Finn. We could have a wolf army to protect Hope. He says he'll protect her himself. She says this is our chance to bring her home! He says you will tell Jackson the wedding is off. She tells him she doesn't take orders from anyone, especially from you.

Aiden brings Josh stuff to Davina. She's scrying. She and Kol chant. Lenore's bodega. Aiden is ready to go. Davina's going with him.

The prison. The locked door swings open, luring one of the bad witches. The one that hurt the new girl and Rebekah. She's taken in and the door shuts. Get her, Freya!

Hayley says she's done listening to Klaus. It was your mother that tried to kill her! And now Finn! Don't you get it? It's you! You're the threat! This wedding can help her! The wolves can protect her! He says he killed his own father to protect Hope. Really? That why? Or are you so terrified about letting someone in? You have to trust me. We can bring our little girl home. He says he does trust her. More than she knows. Breaks her neck. I just don't trust Jackson.

Finn has Marcel awake, but tied up with vervain ropes. Let's start with Camille. Klaus has a secret and one he is desperate to protect. It's a weakness, so tell me, Marcel. What is it? Marcel says Klaus wouldn't trust me with something to use against him. Finn inflicts pain. Marcel says I'll tell you what I remember. I found a coffin as a kid. Klaus says we keep Finn like that because he is such a bore.

New girl asks Rebekah if New Orleans is still beautiful. Why are you here in this place? Rebekah says she was trying to help her brothers and Kol put me here. New girl says you should stand beside family. Rebekah says it's complicated. 1000 years complicated. I think I found a way out. Meet me at the front door in 20 minutes.

Jackson with Grandma. Klaus comes back. Can Jackson come out to play? He asks where's Hayley? Resting. Gives us a chance to chat. Jackson wants his word this is between me and you. Klaus says you have my word. Jackson steps out and Klaus grabs him. Takes him into the woods. Jackson says you want to fight, then come on! Klaus says this isn't a fight. It's an execution. Tell me exactly how you'd like to die.

Jackson tries fighting Klaus. Klaus says time for last words. Go to hell, you bastard! Did Ansel teach you to regard me with such loathing? Jackson asks if he's jealous. Klaus keeps beating on him. Jackson says you could've learned from him yourself if you hadn't killed him. Klaus calls him a hypocrite. You want Hayley's power so you can wage wars and win territories! Jackson says you don't know a damn about being a wolf. Klaus says no, I don't. Tosses Jackson at a tree.

Kol finds Finn and Marcel. Finn tells Kol he has such nerve coming here. Kol says I take sides with the winning side. Then I heard you turned Dad into your own battery pack and that's smart. Finn puts him in pain. Kol says he's proven himself more than Finn. I put Rebekah in another body and made a dagger to put Klaus down for centuries. And I have Davina, a Harvest Girl.

Rebekah looking for Cassie. She finds the locked door ajar. The dead witch. The coffin is empty. Cassie says there is no escape. You threaten things around here and I had to tell. And you have to be punished. Rebekah tries to fight. New girl says you are so mean. Punishes the witches. Kills Cassie for betraying a friend. I despise traitors. She helps Rebekah stand. Heals her hand. How did you do that? Pretty sure this is Freya, and she's definitely powerful.

Jackson crawling away. Klaus says I've drawn this out long enough. You've used Hayley. Jackson says I love Hayley and I will fight for her until I'm dead! He stabs Klaus. Klaus says I remain unimpressed. Jackson says you said once that my people are yours, too. If you kill me now, promise you will help Hayley set our people free. Hayley attacks Klaus. You will not kill him unless you want to go through me. She trusts Jackson. Klaus calls her stubborn. Perhaps you two are meant for each other. Go on, then. Tell him. Have your wedding. Save your wolves. But if you ever betray her, I will find you and deposit your head on the end of a spike. Perhaps I'll leave it in your grandmother's garden.

Finn and Kol. Why are Klaus and Elijah not after you for Rebekah? Elijah is hidden and he hides from no one. Unless he's keeping something hidden. You think I don't know about your friends in the back? Finn lets the vamps wake and they're very, very hungry. Aiden breaks Josh's neck. Davina, let's go!

Rebekah and Freya leave the prison. You're willful. There's a spark in you Rebekah. But you're kind. And not half as bad as our brothers. What? We met once before, a century ago. You know who I am. Rebekah says, The little girl in my nightmare. Freya. Freya says I slept 100 years and now I'm free. Tell our brothers I'm coming soon and expect their best behavior. She tosses the gate and walks out. Rebekah leaves, stunned. And the prison won't be holding any of these witches now......Freya broke the spell that keeps them in the mansion.

Kol stands. Runs from Finn to the back. Davina and Aiden took Josh. Kol says Davina asked me to make a distraction. I didn't come for a fight. You're angry and when you're angry, you don't think straight. Finn says you don't deserve another chance, so I give you death. I curse you to this body. You can't jump to another. Contemplate a meaningless, lonely death. Say your goodbyes. Brother, I will not miss you.

Mary patches up Jackson. Hayley apologizes. Mary says we all have baggage. You fought for Jack. A lot of married folk never get that part. He says I'll live. Why didn't Klaus kill me? She says Klaus realized killing you would be worse. He'd be alone and surrounded by enemies. She wants to tell him a story about a beautiful baby girl and the parents that swore to protect her.

Klaus on the phone with Elijah. Elijah is surprised Klaus trusts Jackson. Klaus says you should've seen the ferocity of her protection. But after the wedding, Jackson's fate is less certain. He hangs up. Rebekah says hello, Nick. You won't believe the week I've had.

Marcel wakes. Finn asks a question. Marcel tries to bargain for his people. Finn says you don't have anything to bargain with. But you did possess the corpse. So how did the baby die? You were compelled to forget. Why would Niklaus do that? To protect his daughter. She's still alive.....and now, you and your vampires are going to help me find her.

Next week - Klaus says this family makes me want to murder people.

No comments:

Post a Comment