Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

#TVD Recap - Episode 13

The Day I Tried To Live

Image credit: The CW

Episode 13:

Bonnie making breakfast. Marks off another day on the calendar. Happy birthday, Bonnie.

Jeremy lifting weights. Elena brought birthday balloons and stuff. It's Bonnie's birthday. He knows. And she found his art school application in the trash. He says he's not leaving without Bonnie.

Caroline called her mother. She thinks the teddy bear's eyes follow you around the room. Stefan says it's just her. Caroline took the original bear and buried her in the woods when she and Bonnie were kids. She's gonna go find Miss Cuddles. He suggests she's confused about what she's really upset about? But Miss Cuddles is all she can do something about.

Elena and Damon. He remembers it's Bonnie's birthday, too. She says we're good, after the kissing thing. And they kiss again. Kai comes in. What are you doing here? He needs their help to give a letter to Jo. Why would we help you? He says I'm a sociopath and like it, but now he can't stop thinking about Luke and Liv and he feels bad. He absorbed Luke's empathy. He wrote and water pooled in my eyes. You mean you cried? Yes! And the feelings are still there. So Jo needs to know how sorry I am. Elena suggests he do something for them in exchange.

Enzo and Matt spying on the real Sarah. Enzo wants Matt to do some tasks. Don't want to kill you, but I will. Does your mother share your pain threshold? Oooo..... So now it's time for you to get to know Sarah Salvatore.

Kai says he can't use the Ascendant. Broke it for a reason. Can't be put back together. Damon suggests using it for a message. It is Bonnie's birthday. It is? Guilt trip on Kai. One of the gears is still intact. So what do you want to say?

Tyler comes to Liv's room. She's grieving. He says grab what you need and let's get out of here before Kai comes. She says she and Luke have never been apart until now. She doesn't know how to do this. Kai took my life. There's nowhere for me to go. Tyler says he'll help her do whatever she wants to do. Okay. I want to kill Kai. Oh boy....

So what receptacle of magic? Quetsiyah's blood! Remind Bonnie of that. Jeremy asks what the hell is Kai doing here?

Stefan watches Caroline dig in the woods. Think finding a teddy bear will make everything right in the world? She says no one's forcing you to be here.

Kai says he would've been okay with Luke's other qualities. Damon tells him to hurry up.

Liv chanting. Tyler asks what she's doing. A spell to see through Luke's eyes. Or Kai's. He's at the Salvatore house. Tyler says he gets she's pissed, but.. Kai is your leader. Kill him and your coven dies! She says he'll kill all of us, anyway. Tyler will prevent her. She kisses him. Then makes him sleep. That's cheating! She says she's sorry.

Sarah with her camera. Matt watches. She misses throwing a bottle in the trash twice. He asks about her camera. She starts talking, and he has no idea what she's talking about. She says she's flattered, but... He says no, I get it. Enzo tells him he has an epic lack of game. Give me your jacket, your wallet, and your cell phone.

Kai says part of us can go back. Like the movie Ghost. Let's take a deep breath, close our eyes, and he starts chanting. They're there! Jeremy runs to Bonnie. Can't be heard or touch anything. Bonnie watching the vids she and Damon made. Pours a drink. He says that's the oldest bottle in the house. We made a pact if we couldn't take another day, we'd kill the bottle then kill ourselves. Oh, Bonnie......

They're back in their bodies. Kai says the spell requires too much magic to sustain. He says he couldn't kill himself, but it was his personal prison. We need Bonnie to open the atlas. Jeremy suggests himself. Kai says one person might work, if he can hold on to the spell. But there's a risk of being stuck there.

Stefan trolling Caroline. She gets mad. He thinks this is funny. She tells him he's a jerk. Annoyed that you're sitting there mocking me! He says you should be angry. She shoves him and tells him to shut up. She pushes him again, then hits him with the shovel. He knocks her legs out from under her. They're on the ground next to each other.

Kai chanting. Damon never thought Bonnie would go through with this. He leaves the room. Jeremy on the sofa.

Sarah finds Matt at the bus stop. This is the campus bus. Only has 5 stops. She says she'll show him where to get the real bus. And get him a coffee....and a ticket.

Damon finds the bourbon. He opens and drinks. Elena takes the bottle and drinks. So is Kai right about me? That I changed as a vampire? He says don't let Kai get in your head. She says, would you be with me if I was human? He says no, we wouldn't. Human you chose Stefan. But you turned and I was back in the picture. She tries to check on Jeremy and is locked in the room. Barrier spell.

1994. Jeremy finds the atlas. Then it falls through his hands. What's happening? Kai starts bleeding. Liv's attack. She tosses Jeremy. Liv had stabbed Kai with a poker.

So, we have to hope Bonnie notices the atlas isn't where it was.

Kai tells Liv that was harsh. She gives him a migraine and gets stabbed in the neck. He throws liquor on her. Grabs a candle. She says just kill me. You already killed my best friend. Get it over with. And he can't. He's trying and can't. She stabs him again. Jeremy stabs her. Damon yells to Jeremy.

Jeremy carries Kai out of the room. Send me back, please. I need to stop Bonnie. Okay. He chants.

Bonnie with the bourbon. Cheers to making it this far. Bonnie cries while she drinks. Time to cut myself off. She breaks a bottle. Can't see Jeremy and Kai.

Caroline says let's go home. Stefan says what is that, an ear? Caroline pulls the bear out of the dirt. The head comes off. Caroline laughs. And then cries. He pulls her into a hug and she weeps.

Liv looks for Kai.

Damon hears Liv right below them. He drops the bourbon bottle down the fire place and whoosh. Knocks Liv down. Barrier down.

Bonnie starts the car in the closed garage. Jeremy pleads with her. She's recording. Tell everyone I'm sorry. Tell them I tried to make it work. It's just too much. Missing everything. Jeremy cries listening to this. She says every day here alone, no one to talk to, going weeks without speaking.....the loneliness, I can't take it. Only one way to turn it off. I'm sorry. Jeremy, I hope you're living your life with no regrets. Don't ever give up on yourself, and stay strong. Something my Grams said. She's coughing from the exhaust now. He tells her to get up! She says I'm not going to die in this place! He manages to touch the door button!

Elena and Damon find Jeremy and Kai. Damon feeds his blood to Kai. Jeremy wakes. I'm okay. Bonnie? He says I saw her. She's going to be okay.

Elena cleans up glass. Cake and stuff destroyed. Jeremy says he gets why Bonnie wanted to end it. But she's not the only one that's trapped. Elena tells him it's okay to move on. Bonnie decided to save herself and you should do the same. Go to art school. Find the life you want and be happy. He asks about her. I'll be fine, I promise. Just get out of here and don't look back.

Liv sits up on her own bed. Tyler says I woke up on the floor and raced over to the house, and found you unconscious. Convinced Elena to give you some of her blood. And now you're okay, I don't want to see you again. you chose death over me. He leaves.

Matt joins Enzo. Enzo says it was a test. Sarah's a good person. And when I'm through with her, she won't be. I'll make her do things until she begs me to make her a vampire. Show Stefan how wrong he is about protecting her.

Damon says Jeremy ain't that great at art. Elena says don't be mean. He needs to move on and so do I. She says being with you wasn't a mistake. I always find my way back to you. Doesn't matter if I have memories or not or are a vampire or not. Stop living in the past. They kiss and more.

Jeremy has the app again.

Caroline sews the bear back together. Stefan gives her another glass.

Damon and Elena in bed.

Bonnie spots the atlas on the floor. Nova Scotia. Damon, you're a genius. She packs up and gets in the convertible.

Next ep - Jeremy leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment