Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

#TVD Recap - Episode 14 #goodbyeJeremy

"Stay"

Vampire Diaries Says Goodbye to Steven R. McQueen: EW Exclusive Photos



Image credit: The CW


GOODBYE, MYSTIC FALLS — It’s Jeremy’s (Steven R. McQueen) last day in Mystic Falls and Elena (Nina Dobrev) puts on a brave face as they reminisce about their past. Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) find themselves growing closer as they prepare Caroline’s family cabin for her mother to live out her final days. While packing up her office, Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacInytre) turns to Damon (Ian Somerhalder) for help solving one of her remaining open cases involving Elena’s parents. Elsewhere, when a violent confrontation with Enzo (Michael Malarkey) leaves Jeremy wondering whether he should leave or not, Matt (Zach Roerig) finds his own life on the line after Enzo lures him and Sarah Salvatore (guest star Tristan Mays) into his dangerous plan. Lastly, Caroline rushes to the hospital after learning her mother has taken a turn for the worse. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Brian Young & Caroline Dries (#614). Original airdate 2/12/2015.

Recap: Episode 14:

Sheriff flashback. She gives a deputy orders before going home for the night. Phone call in her office. She rushes to the hospital. Elena's parents died that night.

Liz packs up her office. Looks at the file from the Gilbert accident.

Jeremy's principal meeting. Elena and Damon trying to convince him to let Jeremy graduate. He says he's not allowing it. So, Damon compels the man.

Alaric and Matt and Jeremy having shots. Tyler is off moping for his break-up. Enzo calls Matt. Jeremy asks why. Matt tells Enzo this can wait. Sarah walks into the Grill. Make her feel welcome. She says she got called by the manager for photos for the website and you recommended me? Elena and Damon arrive and give Jeremy a diploma and cap. We helped the process along. Elena gets a drink. Jeremy asks if she's okay. Damon says she will be. And there's a present in the cap, from Jo's stash. A single joint. Tell your sister and I'll kill you, again.

Stefan and Caroline at the Forbes cabin. She's rambling on about Jeremy leaving. She packed a LOT for her mother. Stefan's phone rings and he asks her to get it from his pocket. It's her mother. Why are you calling him? You snuck out of the house this morning. Caroline says it's a surprise. And I know you asked him to look after me. Liz says that's not the only reason he's there. Caroline says I'll call you in 3 hours.

Damon shows up at Liz's office. How you feeling? Like I'm not leaving this job with unfinished business. All these open cases. He sits down and looks at the files. Me, me, also me. And me. She suspected that. She hands him the Gilbert file. She never solved it....first she was taking care of Elena and Jeremy, then Elena moved on, and then... She worried he was involved in this one. No, I promise you, he says. Miranda Gilbert left her a message 2 hours before they ran off the road. She had something "very important" to discuss with Liz. Guess you got a genuine whodunnit here.

Hmmm, didn't expect the death of Elena's parents to come back up at this point....

Jeremy leaves the Grill. Elena snuck up on him. Give it. Damon gave it to me. She takes the joint from his hand. Ric left. He was worried about being recognized when he's supposed to be dead. She asks for his lighter. Really? Yeah.

Stefan and Caroline at the house. She found her first bike. She tells him about the day her training wheels were taken off. He fixed the outdoor light. She says you don't have to be here. If you'd rather be..... He doesn't.

Liz's office. She tells him where the alcohol is. Asks him about that night. You saw Elena and Stefan pulled her out of the car. Why were you in town? Mom died around that time of year and I'd stop in and lay flowers at her grave. She wonders if he's leaving something out. He says why were the Gilbert's taking Wickery Road and why were there no skid marks and why was the trunk full of luggage?

Jeremy wants a car. Elena at all the fries. Phone rings. She clicks ignore. She says I was the worst sister. I shut you out. Everybody out. He says when you got better, that's when I felt the most alone, but you were healing. Damon asks her to go to the sheriff's office. She says Jeremy and I smoked your present. He says you need eye drops, perfume, and half a pizza. She leaves.

Enzo appears to Jeremy. Uh oh.

Sarah and Matt looking at the photos. His phone rings. Not a good time. Enzo doesn't care. There's a tunnel off the river. Bring Sarah there. Matt says, If you want to meet her, come here. Enzo says he's got Jeremy. A foot on Jeremy's face. Care to reconsider my request?

Jeremy's not to hunter-y today if he let Enzo put his boot on his head. Use your legs, kid. They're not pinned down.

Caroline unpacking in the bedroom. Stefan asks where to store the crate of booze. She says the last book my mom reaches for could be her last! Stefan asks to deal with the books. I'm happy to take the responsibility. She's opening the bottle.

Elena doesn't remember why we took that route home. What about the skid marks? She says she was texting with Bonnie when it happened. You think there's something up with my parents' crash? Elena remembers how Liz took care of them. She'll see if Jeremy knows anything. Kisses Damon and leaves. Liz gets woozy. Damon takes her hand. You okay? Yeah, I'm fine. Uh huh.....

Matt and Sarah at the tunnel. There's graffiti on the walls. She says I don't have a boyfriend, if you were wondering. Enzo calls again. Can you not see me? He runs Matt over!

Stefan and Caroline. Mom is running late. He says it doesn't matter. Doesn't matter what book she reads. Life isn't about your final moments. It's about the moments that led up to them. She knows....she wanted perfect. Wanted control? He says if anyone could control death, it's you. She says she's okay with him looking after her. I don't know if I'd get through this on my own. He says he's here because you're my friend, and I know how it is to lose a mother, and when you said you hated me, it was the worst thing I'd heard in a long time. They get closer......and gently kiss!!! Then a deeper kiss. That's perfect. Sweet and gentle. One of us should probably say something, she whispers. LOL.

Yay! They've had such great chemistry since the moment Caroline was turned. And friends make the best relationships for the chance to last the longest. They could make each other very happy, which is important when you're immortal.

Sarah called 911. Matt tells her to get out of there. Enzo comes up and offers help. Matt's suffering. Enzo tells her to remain calm. He vamps to feed his blood to Matt. Then speeds off.

Salvatore house. Elena finds Jeremy getting frozen veggies for his face. Enzo's a dick. Elena offers to deal with it. He says he doesn't need his big sister taking care of bullies for him. So what did the sheriff want? She says something might've happened to Mom and Dad. That it wasn't an accident. Do you remember anything? He says he used to smoke pot in my room and Mom caught me. She said she would have me arrested. That was the last time we spoke, fighting through a door.

Damon talked to Elena and tells Liz about Jeremy smoking pot that night. There was a storm the day before. The dad was planning a surprise trip to the cabin. The storm had downed the power lines on the other road. And the Bridge Road would've still been slick. Yep. Mystery solved. Can you tell Caroline she can surprise me tomorrow? I'm not feeling up to it tonight. Sure, I'll get the car. She leaves her badge on the desk and turns off the light. Leaves the office.

Elena took a call. Jeremy's packed to leave. Ric comes in. Time to get the hell out of here. You deserve a normal life, Jere. Let's get you to the airport. Ric will take him. You should be with Liz. She says in a couple days, expect the SUV. You're giving me your car? Just don't crash it, okay?

Damon tucks Liz into bed. Tells her the flannel PJs are hot. LOL. She had hoped there was more of a reason, but the accident was just a stupid accident. She says I did everything right, Damon. He says sometimes terrible things happen to amazing people. She's comforted by an ordinary death. Caroline is meant to be extraordinary and she needs to know I'm proud of her. She will, you'll tell her yourself. Lay down. She thanks him for today, for being here. He holds her hand. He says he didn't get much time with his mother before she died. I volunteered to write the eulogy, then didn't go to the funeral. She says write mine, but nothing dirty. I promise. She wants that drink now. He'll be right back. Rocks or neat? She doesn't reply.

Caroline and Stefan rush into the hospital. Damon explains. Doctors could make her comfortable. She's not comfortable, she's dying! Caroline goes in the room and says I didn't get to say goodbye. I didn't get to say goodbye to my mom. She weeps. Stefan stands with her.

Man, I've been there. Didn't get to say goodbye to anyone but my grandmother. It sucks.

Stefan calls Tyler and leaves a message. Damon says Liz is stable, but. How much longer? Not long. Hospital says she has a DNR. Damon goes outside. Stefan rejoins Caroline. Who feels guilty. I'm her daughter, Stefan. I was supposed to give her peace and thank her for being an amazing mom! I was supposed to be with her in her final moment. He says you still can.

Ric and Jeremy. It's not the airport. Ric gives him weapons. Bus will take you to a town north of Santa Fe. Elena will be fine as long as she thinks I'm safe and happy. Ric says you're an adult now and found your purpose, so live up to it. Don't be stupid, okay? I'll send you leads. Jeremy says don't worry. I can e-mail. They hug. Ric says I'm proud of you, Jeremy. Jeremy asks to be told if Bonnie gets back. He gets on the bus.

Stefan guides Caroline through touching Liz's mind. We'll live in her memories. Take her hand. Caroline back in the bike riding memory. She was scared to ride without the training wheels. Liz kept supporting her until she was stable, then watched her ride away. Smiling and proud. Elena and Damon and Matt arrive. The monitor shows 0. Liz passes away. Caroline grieves. Someone turns off the monitor.

Next ep - Liz's funeral. They're worried about Caroline.


No comments:

Post a Comment