Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

#TVD recap - Episode 15

"Let Her Go"




EXECUTIVE PRODUCER JULIE PLEC MAKES HER DIRECTORIAL DEBUT — After assigning tasks to each of her friends, Caroline (Candice Accola) attempts to deal with her current situation as reality begins to set in around her. While spending the day with Caroline, Elena (Nina Dobrev) grows concerned when she starts noticing a strange change in her behavior. Meanwhile, Alaric (Matt Davis) becomes wary when Kai (guest star Chris Wood), who has begun experiencing unexpected consequences from the merge, turns to Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe), desperate for her help. Elsewhere, while Bonnie (Kat Graham) finds herself in an unfamiliar situation, Matt (Zach Roerig) and Tyler (Michael Trevino) contemplate a major life change. And when Damon (Ian Somerhalder) offers Caroline advice on how to cope with everything going on around her, it forces him to revisit painful memories involving his own mother. Paul Wesley also stars. The episode was written and directed by Julie Plec (#615). Original airdate 2/19/2015.

Image credit: The CW

Ep 15:

Little Caroline fell off her bike. Her mom has the first aid kit and fixes her up. Caroline asks am I gonna die? No. Are you gonna die? Liz says everybody dies, but I'll be here a long, long time. You'll be all grown-up and you won't need me.

Caroline wakes up. All the friends are asleep in the room. Except Damon, who's trying to write the eulogy in the kitchen. Caroline fills a glass of water. Damon says I was supposed to do the eulogy at my mother's funeral and She says we don't need to share. I don't need to start the day bonding with you, no offense. He says the worst day of your life will be next week when there's nothing but quiet. It's adds up. She says appreciate the tip. Sure. Any time.

Caroline writing a list of tasks. She divides the tasks to her friends. Elena, you're coming with me. Casket shopping. Elena says you drive.

Bonnie returns to the house. Day 278 in this prison. I have 2 broken toes, 9 blisters, and an ear infection. She has her magic again. When that eclipse shows up, I'm going home.

Jo is puking. Ric offers to hold her hair back. She says we haven't dated long enough for that. Kai rings the doorbell. He's sick. She hung up on him. He says I'm....he pukes. This isn't food poisoning. This is a twin thing. Kai says I feel like I'm dying, and if I die, so do you. So could you please fix me, like now?

Salvatore boys. Damon finds Stefan tying a tie. Take mine. Did you finish the speech? Not quite. Father said we're not to cry. Damon says you should cry if you feel like it. Stefan says Mother's angel told me everything would be alright. She visited me in my sleep. Damon ties the tie and sends him on his way.

Stefan finds Damon getting ready. Wants advice and don't be a dick about it. Something happened between Caroline and me and then her mom died and I don't know how to handle it. Damon says pull the rip cord. She's not the one. If she was, you wouldn't need to ask. You've been in love twice in your life. If you don't really love her, pull the rip cord before you make things worse. Just not today.

Caroline and Elena leave the funeral home. Elena advises her on how to handle the awkward condolences. Caroline says I kissed Stefan and want to talk to him about it. Elena says talk to him tomorrow. Caroline wants to know today.

Jo examines Kai. His vitals are fine and his temp is normal. Kai says I'm magically diseased. Then pukes blood. He grabs Jo's arm and he feels better. You need to give me your magic. Put it in an object and gimme. Ric threatens him. Kai says if I die, the prison worlds walls collapse. There's more than one?!

Bonnie's in the cave. And the world shakes. And it's night. What the .....? She climbs out and it's snowing?

Elena's dressed. Damon's eulogy isn't done still. He's stressing over it. Elena says you are nice-ish. This is about Caroline and what she needs to hear, okay?

Memory. People in the forest, at the funeral. Damon comes late. Stefan asks why. Damon says I couldn't decide what to say. Stefan says you could've said goodbye.

Jo and Ric discuss. She asks what do you think I should do? He says this thing never ends well. If you want to fight, I'll fight with you. And if not, I loved you when you weren't a witch and I'll still love you regardless. Pretty sure? At least 92%. LOL.

The church. Caroline stares at the coffin. Stefan finds her. You alright? She says fine. All things considered. It's an open casket. He asks are you sure? She says yeah......no. I don't know. Just now, I was supposed to put you in a category so I'd know what to say, but I didn't know what category you'd want to be put in, so... He says I want to talk to you about all this, but maybe when we're alone after you've had a chance to get through the day. She apologizes. He hugs her. Don't be sorry. We'll talk when all this is over. He leaves the room. She adjusts her mother's badge. Elena comes in and says they're ready. Do you need a minute? Caroline says no, I'm okay. She tells her mother I'll be alright, I promise. Everything will be fine after today.

Bonnie talks to the video camera. And finds footsteps. And sees the northern lights. Finds a cabin. Or house? Finds notes. 1903??

Matt's outside. tyler arrives late. He needed to find a new tie. Are you drunk? That depends. Matt says you're not going in there. I'm sorry about you and Liv, but Caroline does not deserve you bringing it here.

The reverend speaks. Church is full. Elena holds Caroline's hand. The police force stands. Drapes a flag over the coffin. The last call for Sheriff Forbes. Radio number 26 is out of service. Gone, but never forgotten. Damon gets up to the podium. Liz Forbes was my friend. In her last moments, she asked me to pass on a message to her daughter. She didn't get that chance. Your mom wanted you to know how proud of you she was and she should be. you're beautiful, strong, a bright light, a good friend. She said you're extraordinary, and so was she. She was a hero in this town. Goodbye, Sheriff. You will be missed. Caroline gets up. Thanks them for coming. She sings. Forgot how lovely her voice is. Really impressed she got through that. Singing at a real funeral is nearly impossible.

After the service. Caroline thanking people for coming.

Tyler is sober when he sits with Matt. Matt says he gets it. And says he's going to apply to the police force. Got Tyler an app, too.

Caroline wants to leave. Elena wants to walk her home. Caroline says no, I want to be alone. Hugs her and thanks her for her help. I'll be fine, okay? Just had to get through today. She leaves the Grill.

Bonnie in the house. Walking around with the video camera. Finds photos of Stefan and Damon from back in the 1800s!

Jo agrees to help Kai. She puts her hands on him and chants.

bonnie's world shakes. She runs out the door into.....the forest and the eclipse starting.

Jo chanting.

Bonnie says I can do this. I can get out of here. She bleeds on the Ascendant. And a woman walks up. Who are you? Who are you?

Jo's spell ends. Kai smiles. Jo says it's done. He thanks her. Congratulations. He whispers something. Have a good life, sis. He leaves. Ric asks what'd he say. The reason I was sick wasn't food poisoning. He said I'm pregnant. She says I don't know what to do with that. Ric says marry me. What? No. It's a pity proposal. He has a ring! He bought it the day after Luke died. Life is too short. Planned for the right moment, was supposed to be breakfast in bed, then you were puking. I'd really love to have this baby with you. Something I never thought I'd have. So this isn't a pity proposal, jo. I love you. He kneels and shows her the ring. Marry me. She sits in the sofa. Says I can't believe this....are you sure? At least 92%. Yes, yes, yes.

Damon and Stefan at the bar. Stefan says nice speech. Damon says I needed to be reminded the speech wasn't about me. I failed you at our mother's funeral. i didn't want to fail anyone today. Stefan says you're wrong about Caroline. I feel something. Maybe all love isn't like we've experienced it, but I think this could turn into something even better. Damon says then stop wasting time here with me. She could use some news like that today.

Caroline gets home. Sets the folded flag on a table. Takes her coat off. Smells her mother's sweater. Elena shows up behind her. All day, something's been bugging me. You wanted to pack this all in like you had somewhere to be. And then I realized, you don't want to feel tomorrow. You're gonna turn it all off. Caroline says I thought I could get through the rough patch, and then Damon made me realize this will get worse. Elena says flipping the humanity switch isn't the solution. It'll be deadly. You saw what happened to me! Caroline says yeah, you did it. Stefan moved away. You think you're the only ones that get to escape grief? Elena says those are the worst mistakes of my life. Caroline says I need the pain to be gone. Elena says and if Stefan had said the right thing earlier would the pain be gone? Yeah, I heard. Caroline says it hurts so bad. I can't breathe. I can't do words, I shouldn't have to. Elena hugs her. Please, listen to me. I'm not gonna let you do this. Caroline breaks her neck. Says that's not your choice to make.

Damon calls Elena. And sees Bonnie! She's in the Salvatore kitchen. They hug and laugh. you made it!

Stefan comes in Caroline's house and finds Elena's body. Caroline? Caroline!

Bonnie tells Damon what she saw. Including the woman that showed up. He says oh my God. That's my mother.

Next ep - March 12. Caroline flipped the switch and is off the rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment