Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

#Arrow episode recap - The Offer

 "The Offer"


DC COMICS’ VILLAIN MURMUR SWEEPS INTO STARLING CITY — Still weighed down by his last meeting with Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable), Oliver (Stephen Amell) returns home to find a new villain and his crew have started terrorizing Starling City – Michael Amar AKA Murmur (guest star Adrian Glynn McMorran), a man whose mouth has been sewn shut. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) bond over their issues with their fathers and Nyssa make Laurel an offer. Thea (Willa Holland) is forced to come to terms with her father after Oliver brings Malcom (John Barrowman) to the loft to recover, and Lance (Paul Blackthorne) shuts out both Laurel and the Arrow. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Brian Ford Sullivan (#316). Original airdate 3/18/2015.

Recap:

Oliver tells Ra's to spare Diggle's life. I'll beg for it. Ra's says I don't want to kill you. I want you to take my place. Become the next Ra's Al Ghul. It's a title greater than any one man. "A tale to be told begins thus." Ra's leads him to see Assassins fighting. Sparring. Ra's gives instructions to the loser. Oliver says they have to kill for you.

They sit to a meal. Oliver says, is all this supposed to impress me? No. Inform you. I'd never shame you with such bluntness. I see the struggle you've had with your dual identity. Oliver Queen is destined to be alone. I know the Arrow. He'll never be more than a vigilante. The city will turn on you, the police dept. will call you a criminal. You will be scorned and hunted and killed, dying as you began your crusade - alone.

Nyssa thinks Thea is lying. Thea explains why she's not. Malcolm used me. So I don't deserve to be living any more than Malcolm does. I killed Sara! Do it! Do it! Nyssa says the blood debt ends in Malcolm's death. Roy and Laurel arrive. Fight Nyssa. Roy tranqs Nyssa. Thea lies about how Nyssa got out.

Ra's tells Oliver about the pool that has enabled him to live. But man can only avoid death for so long. The water's powers are losing their effect on me. you survived my sword. Your resurrection was by force of your own will. Oliver says I won't be an instrument of death. Ra's says why confine your crusade to a single city? You will command numbers greater than any army and more loyal. If you wish them to renounce killing, that will be done. Oliver says it's the League of Assassins. Ra's says the League's will would be your own. Oliver asks, what if I say no? Ra's says you are free to leave with your friends as a gesture of good will. All blood oaths waved. Oliver says let's go home.

Oliver at home. Thea says thank God you're back. Malcolm is on the sofa. She says he's not staying here. Oliver says there's nowhere else to take him. Just let him heal. I have to go.

Oliver and Diggle. Diggle asks why we're home. Ra's doesn't have a heart. Oliver says we're back and alive. Be grateful for that.

Hong Kong. Oliver and the boy. Wandering through a market. The boy is runs off. Then finds Oliver. Oliver says we can't get separated. Boy says Mother and Father said go to the Botanical Gardens. Okay.

Laurel and Felicity and Roy with Oliver. He lets Nyssa out. How is Malcolm still alive? Oliver tells her to go home. Felicity says I don't understand anything anymore. Oliver says focus on our work. She spots a robbery in progress. Oliver says suit up.

Robbery scene. There's a guy with his mouth sewn shut! Arrow arrives. Robbers look for the goods they want. Arsenal engages. Black Canary. Arrow saves her from getting run over. Says you still need training. Arsenal says they got away with these. Stones.

Arrow gives perps to Lance. When were you going to tell me? Like you don't know my daughter is dead? Vigilantism is wrong. That idea was precious to me. Almost as precious as my daughters. I trusted you. But I see the man under the hood now, who lies and keeps secrets and doesn't carry the weight of his decisions and I'm done with him.

Felicity in the lab with Ray. She solves something he's been trying to do for 2 weeks. He wants to confirm she's right, then take her to dinner. Oliver arrives. Awkward..... Ray says call me Ray. Oliver asks to talk with Felicity for a few minutes. Sure. She says I should've told you. You're one of my closest friends. Oliver says we went against a new crew, one of them with his lips sewn shut. His street name is Murmur. Lance knows about Sara. I lied to him for months and he had every right to know. She asks if he's okay? Seems like something's up with you. He says he's fine.

Laurel visits Thea. How are you doing? Thea lets her in. Malcolm is still on the sofa. Laurel tells Thea I'm worried about you. Oliver was right. You wanted your father killed. Thea wishes she didn't know Malcolm was my father. You're lucky you have a normal father who loves you. Laurel says we're not on the best of terms. Malcolm coughs. Laurel leaves. Thea asks how much he heard. He says enough. You asked me to teach you to be strong. you learned your lessons well. She says I've gotten nothing from you. I was ready to die last night because of you! So what was it again? He says show me the knife. She asks how he knew. He says you're my daughter. Do it quick like I taught your and it'll be over.

Nyssa gets home. She's mad about Malcolm being alive. Ra's says he offered Oliver to be his heir. Nyssa says admit you never approved my loving Sara! He says I never approved of weakness in your life. Your feelings for her taint your judgement! She strikes it him. He blocks. They don't part on good terms.

Murmur took industrial diamonds. Roy says he knows some fences. He'll talk to them. Diggle asks Oliver what's going on? Oliver says Ra's predicted this. The city will turn against me and I'll die alone. Lance shuts me out and Felicity is with Palmer. Diggle asks why you're letting Ra's play with your head? Oliver tells him about the Offer. Diggle says you're not considering this.... Oliver says tell me honestly, what have we accomplished? The criminals we put away got out. The city is no better off. The Arrow is not making a difference. If I can't be me and the Arrow is not enough, maybe I should be Ra's Al Ghul.

Oliver comes home. Asks if Malcolm is alive. Thea says yeah. She can't recognize her old self. I couldn't fathom killing someone. But in the last month... Oliver says you didn't kill either of them. Thea says she didn't kill Malcolm because of Mom. I wouldn't want her to think of me like a murderer. Like him. She leaves to get soup. Malcolm stands. Says I encouraged her to kill me. Oliver says you're insane. Perhaps. Oliver says Ra's made an offer to take his place. Malcolm says there's a prophecy. He doesn't offer, he orders. Don't delude yourself into thinking you have a choice.

Oliver and the boy at the garden. You're strong, like my sister. You have a sister? Yeah. Oliver spots agents. Run!

Arrow cave. Oliver and Felicity. Roy and Diggle are out. Diggle told her about the offer. They're the League of Assassins! Oliver says I've been one. There's more than one path to justice. She asks why you don't think you're on the right path? He says my mother is dead. Sara, my mother, Thea in pain. She says so what, you leave, and all the sacrifices are for nothing. You're not the Arrow so people can say thank you. When we were dead, we all had to figure out why we're doing this. Seems like it's your turn. Diggle and Roy return. The diamonds are used to make diamond-tip bullets. For piercing body armor. He's targeting the police.

Laurel goes to her father's office. Brings food. He says I already ate. Right. She says a friend of mine is having trouble with her father. You'll give me the cold shoulder, then blow up at me, so let me have it! I'm ready to take it. I'm not giving up on us! He says you used to wait up for me at nights. You were the protector of this family. Laurel Lance trying to save the world. But you can't save this. I love you, but I don't know if I can ever forgive you. Shots outside the dept!!

Murmurs crew fires inside the dept. Felicity tells Arrow and Arsenal. Lance tells Laurel to run while he covers her. Nyssa saves her. Murmur attacks Lance. Laurel tells Nyssa my father is back there. Arrow and Arsenal burst in. Save Lance. It's a melee is good guys and bad guys. Murmur got outside. Arrow drops on him. They fight. Lance come outside. What are you waiting for a thank you? Arrow says, that's not why I do this. And leaves.

Arrow cave. Felicity says nice work. Oliver says Murmur is in custody. I don't dance, but I do say thank you. And you were right. I started all this because of my father. It became something more, but I never stopped to think about it or why until you asked me to. Tonight all I could think about was those police officers and how their families needed us to get them home safe. That's why I'm doing this. I'm not ready to give up on what we're doing here. She says as long as you're in my life, I'm happy. Phone rings. It's Ray. She takes it.

Hong Kong. Oliver and the boy run into....Shado???

Nyssa finds Laurel. I miss your sister and want something to remind me of her. Do you want to talk about your father? I have experience in that area. Laurel agrees. Dinner is on me. Nyssa says your technique is competent. It can certainly be improved. Is that an offer to teach me? Nyssa says I don't have anywhere else to go.

Oliver and Maseo. Maseo says Ra's has already written the tale. The choice has been made. If you resist, there will be consequences. It's the will of Ra's Al Ghul.

Roy's place. Someone knocks. It's Thea. She says I don't know what I'm doing, who I am. Can I stay here with you? Yeah. She hugs him. Then kisses him.

Murmur's crew. An Arrow-suited Ra's Al Ghul kills all but one. Tell everyone what you've seen.

Next ep - The wedding. Ray figures out Oliver is the Arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment