Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

#TheOriginals episode 19 recap - When the Levee Breaks

"When The Levee Breaks"

WAYWARD WAYS -- Setting the stage for a bloody showdown, Dahlia (guest star Claudia Black) gives Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) a deadline to turn over baby Hope. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) attempts to convince Klaus that they need to work together in their fight against Dahlia, but Klaus forges ahead with his own dangerous plan, leaving everyone concerned about his next steps. Meanwhile, when Hayley realizes their chances of outrunning Dahlia are slim, she devises a risky plan and enlists Aiden's (guest star Colin Woodell) help. Elsewhere, Freya (guest star Riley Voelkel) gives Rebekah (guest star Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Elijah an ultimatum, and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) strategizes on how best to deal with Klaus' erratic behavior. Leah Pipes and Danielle Campbell also star. Bethany Rooney directed the episode written by Marguerite MacIntyre (#219). Original airdate 4/20/2015.


Image credit: The CW.

Ep 19 recap:

Daytime. Klaus asks Elijah if something's the matter. Elijah wants to discuss strategy. Where did Mikael's ashes go? Klaus has breakfast. Rebekah has a hangover. Klaus thought the morning would be a bit more jubilant after Mikael's death. Calls Elijah a buzzkill. Elijah says you alienated Freya, the one person that can help us defeat Dahlia. Klaus says he'll deal with it personally.

Josephine's here? But..... She tells them Dahlia's message. Elijah knows it's Dahlia. She says she prefers Aunt Dahlia. Klaus says you dare enter my home? Dahlia says I only come for what's mine. I see you've cloaked your daughter. You have until nightfall tomorrow and then your child will be mine. Do be a dear and inform the mother. No reason we can't be civilized about this. Klaus beheads Josephine's body.

Hayley and Jackson discuss. No matter where we go, Dahlia will track Hope's magic. She's so little. It's not fair. Which means she wouldn't miss it if it's gone. What if there's a way to stop her in the first place? Hayley has an idea, but it's dangerous. Aiden says I'll do it, whatever it is. Let me make it up to you.

Rebekah tells Freya that she's so sorry. I never knew the man you're mourning. All I knew was his terrible temper and awful cruelty. Klaus wants Hope safe just as much as you want your freedom. Freya says Klaus acts as if I'm the enemy, rejects me. Why do you still trust him? You and Elijah have a choice. It's either Klaus or me.

Klaus painting. Elijah says there's no time. Klaus still doesn't want to share the ashes. Elijah says it's too dangerous. You can't do this alone. Klaus doesn't trust the others. Elijah says you only need to trust me. Klaus would love to, but you haven't been the same since Mother got in your head. Elijah says we have no reason to mistrust Freya. Klaus says that's not the reason to trust. Elijah says if we can't trust each other, we can't work together. no. We cannot.

Aiden comes to Klaus and says Hayley and Jackson are at the club and protected. Klaus asks why he's here? Aiden came for the bunny. Klaus says your loyalty is refreshing. However. If I find my faith in you is misplaced.... Understood?

Aiden and Josh brought manacles to Davina. She says if Klaus finds out what you did.... Aiden says let me worry about it.

Hayley sees vines growing in the club. Dahlias! She knows we're here.

*Binding Hope's magic would protect her for at least a little while. Though in most lore it doesn't work out well in the long term.

Dahlia outside. Phones not working anymore. She takes out the wolves protecting the place.

Marcel and Rebekah. She's ranting. He says Klaus has a plan. We've been through worse. We'll get through this. Rebekah wants to get him out of the way until this blows over. But all we can worry about is Klaus's next move.

Elijah visits Freya. He brought a knife to contribute to Mikael's grave marker. Klaus stole it from Father a long time ago. He carved little figures with it. Art is solace for him. Elijah says with or without you, Klaus and I will defeat Dahlia. I'd prefer you to be there. Or confine yourself to a life of solitude. She says swear to me you will not allow Klaus to be our undoing.

Camille visits Klaus. You look like you could use fresh air. Thought we could go for a walk. He's not interested. She says talk to me, and not because Elijah sent me.

Hayley holds Hope. Dahlia walks in. What a beauty. Hello, my child. She can't cross into the room. I only want to see the little one promised to me. Hayley swears I will make you suffer. Dahlia says Esther made this bargain long ago. When I give my word, I keep it, and I expect others to do the same. Will you deny me knowing it will be your death? Freya has a flair for the dramatic. I came for her so late in life. She had such a strong memory of her family. But Hope is so young, it'll be as if you never existed. Hayley says come closer and see how a witch with no magic fares against a hybrid. Hope starts crying. Dahlia says spend your last hours saying goodbye. Goodbye, Little One.

Camille and Klaus outside. He says am I know Mikael's son and therefore isn't Freya Dahlia's daughter? She asks about feelings about Mikael's death. He's not repentant. I kill my enemies, sometimes my friends. I'm not a terribly good person.

Josh rambling. Aiden says I love you. Josh says what are you going to do? Aiden says I'm going to tell Jackson everything. Josh says if he doesn't kill you, then what? Let's get out of here. Wow, leave, uh, okay, but this is the first place I ever felt like myself. Aiden says this is fast, but if you want this, see you in 2 hours. Josh says yes, I'll be there. Of course I'll be there. They kiss. Josh says I love you, too. Awwwww.

Davina holds Kol's diamond. Then Marcel comes in. Surprised her. He knows she's been going through a hard time. She says you hated Kol. He says I disliked him. And didn't like him for you. She appreciates him saving her from Eva, but you never asked me how I felt when Kol died. That's when I needed you most. He says you're right. I'm truly sorry. But we have a problem - Klaus. Did you finish the dagger for Klaus? If things go south, it might come in handy. She says Kol gave it to me for protection. I'll be the one that decides if it gets used.

Elijah joins Klaus. Will you stand with us? Klaus says if that includes Freya, then no. Elijah reminds Klaus of when he almost killed Klaus, yet here we are. Klaus says Freya gave herself away when she complained about that single weapon against Dahlia. Forsake Freya and I'll let you in. Elijah says you put Hope in danger if you continue on this path. Klaus says you have to choose, Brother - Freya or me.

Aiden gives Jackson a chain for Hope. Then tells Jackson that I didn't come for you last night on purpose, for Klaus. Jackson punches him. Aiden says I deserved it. Klaus told me I'd make a good alpha. But an alpha would never turn on his pack. Jackson says you risked your life today. So you have to take my forgiveness. Aiden says I'm leaving. Josh and I are getting out of here. Jackson says you'll always be part of this pack. I'm not ready to lose you. He hugs Aiden. Come here, you idiot. LOL.

Hayley and Elijah. She tells him about Dahlia. Klaus says you'll come to the Compound. She says no. We're going to the Bayou. Klaus says absolutely not! She says no, I'm doing what I want to do. Klaus says you're not leaving unless I say so. She says I'm not your prisoner. Klaus says While you two want to run with your tails tucked between your legs, I know what Freya was planning and I know how to kill Dahlia.

Dahlia finds Aiden and takes control of him so he has to follow her. You're a tipping point to set Mikaelson against Mikaelson. You are the perfect kindling. She's clawing him. Why are you doing this? She says Because I need to make it look convincing. And rips his heart out!!! And drops it next to his poor body. Josh will be heartbroken. But no one gets to escape New Orleans.

Josh packed up. Saying goodbye to Davina. She says she's glad for him. And then they see the body in the alley. Josh tries feeding his blood to Aiden but it's been much too long. He weeps over the body.

Klaus and Elijah argue. Jackson brings the body in and accuses Klaus of killing Aiden. Klaus says so what if I did. This is what happens to anyone that dares to cross me! Perhaps this never would've happened if he had a real alpha! Jackson and Hayley attack Klaus. Elijah tries to stop the fight. Says you come at him, you come at me. Hayley says get out! Elijah says if you know how to defeat Dahlia, get to it. They're not going anywhere. Klaus leaves, saying he won't be long.

Rebekah and Marcel discuss the news. Davina arrives in tears. Where's Josh? He took off. Marcel hugs her. D, I'm so sorry. She weeps in his arms. Brought something - the dagger. I want you to use it. Put Klaus down.

Jackson puts the chain on Hope's wrist. Hayley confronts Elijah. Elijah says I was trying to protect Hope. If you go to the Bayou, I can't protect you. She says the only think standing in our way is you. We can't run from Dahlia and fight with Klaus at the same time. You want to protect us, buy us some time.

Camille tells Klaus to tell me you didn't do it. Tell me you didn't kill that sweet boy. Klaus says if I tell you who I am and you refuse to believe me, I can hardly be blamed for your disappointment. She says Freya didn't murder Aiden. He says neither did I! Why did you tell them you did? He says only I can save Hope and I need them to fear me. She asks if I'm supposed to fear you, too? He says it'd be better if you did. A better man would protect you with a lie, but I'm not that man, so I'll leave you with the truth that no one will believe.

Klaus finds Elijah at home. Elijah says you put Father's ashes in the paint. Why aren't you with Hayley? Elijah says they're gone and you will not find them. Klaus attacks him. Elijah tosses him. Klaus pounces on him. Elijah stabs him with the dagger. "For Hope." Rebekah and Freya come in. Klaus looks at them all before he passes out. Then the church bells ring with Dahlia's song.

Creepy!!!

Next week - Freya wants to use Hope to lure Dahlia.

No comments:

Post a Comment