Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

#TheOriginals episode 20 recap - City Beneath the Sea

"City Beneath The Sea"

LOOMING DEADLINES AND ENTICING PROPOSITIONS — When Dahlia (guest star Claudia Black) devises a clever way to get Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) attention, she reveals some startling details about baby Hope and leaves him with an enticing proposition to consider. Elsewhere, while Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Freya (guest star Riley Voelkel) find themselves with opposing views on how best to handle Dahlia’s looming deadline, Rebekah (guest star Maisie Richardson-Sellers), Davina (Danielle Campbell), and Cami (Leah Pipes) work together to come up with their own strategy. Meanwhile, following a tense stand-off between Elijah and Jackson (guest star Nathan Parsons) in the bayou, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is left to make a difficult decision about her and Hope's future. Finally, Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood), who is eager to leave his witch past behind him, approaches Davina with an offer that leaves her intrigued. Leslie Libman directed the episode written by Carina Adly MacKenzie & Charlie Charbonneau (#220). Original airdate 4/27/2015.

Ep 20:

Dahlia preparing a spell.

Klaus laid in a coffin.

Hayley and Jackson take Aiden's body to the bayou.

Josh finds a note from Aiden.

Davina working on a spell.

Dahlia reaches out to Klaus. Talking with him in his head? Get out of my head? She says you're in mine. And you have no choice but to listen. She has a proposition. He says explain what you want. She says quiet. Listen. Screams of the dying. A Viking raid. Young Dahlia and Esther. Always and Forever. Hmmmm. Vikings grab them and carry them away. Dahlia says we were the only ones that lived. Dahlia says we can be allies.

Freya tells Elijah to get Hayley and the baby back immediately. We have no chance to get at Dahlia without that baby. She'll use the ingredients to create a killing ground, but we need to lure her there. Elijah isn't pleased with that plan. Freya says there's no other way for Hope. He says if Dahlia dies, you will also be free. She says I'll find Hope myself if you don't.

Marcel with Rebekah. She doesn't want to sit out the fight. Elijah needs me. Marcel says Elijah can't worry about both you and Hope. You're linked to 18 witches. If you get hurt, so do they. Vincent is brought in to help. Rebekah says unlink me. He says the dark magic is tricky. And you'll have to do your own magic. Vincent says after this I'm done. All done. I'm not your witch for hire.

Camille at work. Elijah comes in. She asks have you spoken to Klaus? He didn't kill Aiden. He took the blame to make people fear him. Elijah says if I'd left him standing, there would've been a revolt. Your feelings for my brother cloud your judgment. Now I need your help.

Hayley tells Jackson that we need to leave now. Jackson burying Aiden. Can't keep carrying him around. She says it's not right. He deserves a better burial. The wolves deserve to know they matter to us. We'll take him down river and give him a proper Crescent funeral. Too much has been taken from the pack.

Elijah comes in with Camille to the club for Rebekah and Vincent. The enchanted objects could be used to create a lure. Vincent helped Rebekah and that's it. Elijah won't let him leave. Camille says I'll call Davina. Let him go. He does. And says Dahlia will come tonight, so time is of the essence.

Josh packs up. Has one of Aiden's shirts. Marcel asks if he's sure about this? Josh says I have to leave! There's nothing else for me! Marcel says I'm just here for you. Josh says we were going to leave town. I spent his last day saying goodbye to everyone but him. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Klaus and Dahlia. The building where she was held captive. Your Dahlia performed the dark magic the Vikings demanded so Esther could avoid their abuse. Klaus isn't impressed. Young Esther comes in looking happy. She was with Mikael. Young Dahlia shows her potent sage soaked in serpent's blood. Esther says I no longer wish to practice magic. Mikael will protect me. We plan to marry, have a family. Dahlia says I'm your sister! We promised to always be there for each other. Dahlia says stay, sing our song. Esther says she doesn't remember anymore, and runs out. Young Dahlia weeps, abandoned.

Davina and Cami. Rebekah reveals Davina's resurrection spell for Kol. She says wait, Kol was doing representational magic. Transfer power into a clay doll. Davina says the golem is a good idea.

Hayley and Jackson discussing their youth. Jackson stepped up as alpha after their alpha died. Hope cries. Hayley needs to feed her. Jackson says there's a hideout nearby.

Klaus isn't surprised that Esther was cruel. Dahlia says I've been unjustly painted as the villain, like you. Klaus says if you have a deal, then undagger my body. Dahlia says no. I still need to show you something. If you want to save her from what's to some, then I suggest you listen!

Klaus asks Dahlia if she inspired the witches of Grimm lore. Dahlia says I shielded Freya from herself. We see younger Freya with yarrow flower. Dahlia says people are frightened of what they don't understand. Freya just wants to see the world. She gets angry and the magic is out of control. Dahlia says sing with me, calm your heart. They hum. Klaus says she was completely out of control. Dahlia says firstborn witches have incredible power. Without my tutelage, Hope's power will go unchecked. I was a firstborn, so I was the only one to save Freya and I'm the only one who can save your daughter. You need me, Klaus.

Elijah and Marcel with Klaus's body. Elijah tells Marcel that Klaus didn't kill Aiden. Marcel asks if you're going to pull the dagger out? Not until Hope is safe. Marcel says you're going to have to think like him now.

Camille with lattes. Vincent gives her a spell for Rebekah. She says you have a gift and you don't use it. He says the covens want me to be the regent for the ancestors. She says this is complicated. And magic in the right hands can be a good thing. He says not my hands. Not anymore. She tells him about the golem. Do you have any ideas? He says no powerful witch will be fooled by a doll. You need a heartbeat.

Marcel calls Hayley and tells her. He asks if she's okay. She says pack morale isn't great right now. Jackson is heartbroken. He says you need to be their queen or their friend. You can't be both.

Freya did a locator spell. She tells Elijah that we're out of time. He says Klaus's paintings contain Mikael's ashes. Prepare the spell and I'll bring Hope to you.

Klaus and Dahlia. Dahlia says your daughter will need my guidance just like Freya did. He says he'd rather have someone that isn't so hostile. Dahlia says I want power, not a family. Freya turned from me because I didn't give her the love of a parent. That's why I need you. You will remain her father and I will channel her power and teach her. Or, you could lie there and pray Elijah releases you before Hope learns to call Jackson Daddy.

Elijah attacked by the wolves. Jackson punches him. Elijah says I need Hope. Jackson is willing to bite him. And you can't kill me. If you do, Hayley will never forgive you. Hayley tells Elijah that you shouldn't be here. He says Davina and Rebekah came up with a way. All we need is a vial of Hope's blood. Hayley agrees. I'm trusting you, Elijah. He says she'll be safe, and you can return her to where she belongs, with family.

Klaus asks Dahlia what's the catch. Dahlia says Hayley will have to be eliminated. She'll never let us live in peace. Klaus says my daughter will hate me. Dahlia says you can tell her any story you want. In the end, you'll have made the right choice for her. Then she wakes him so he can pull the dagger out of his chest.

Hayley and Jackson in a house. She tells him the pack is gathering for the funeral. Waiting on you. He and Ollie used to hang out in this shack. He says the pack chose me to stand up for them. We've lost too many to the Mikaelsons. I can't live under Klaus's roof. If you want to go back to the Mikaelsons, I can't go with you. I have to protect my own. He kisses her forehead and gives her time to think.

The funeral. She links her hand with him and kisses him. I don't need time, Jack. You and the pack are mine. We need to do right by them, starting with Aiden. Josh arrives. Jackson says let him through. They shake hands.

Freya does her spell in he compound. Elijah arrives. She says Dahlia won't be able to enter without being rendered mortal. He drugs Freya. You are now the bait. Hope's blood is in you. All we needed was a beating heart. Freya says if Dahlia senses the ruse.... He says Rebekah assures me she won't. Proceed with your preparations.

Cemetery. Davina working on her spell. Vincent says I haven't seen a spell like that in a long time. She asks what are you doing here? He asks are you sure you can do this on your own? She says I didn't ask for help. He says you didn't. I'm asking for yours. The covens need a leader. They need someone that will use the craft to help people. I'm talking about a direct connection to the ancestors. Including necromancy. You need more power than this rock to get your boyfriend back.

Josh kisses Aiden's forehead. Never thought much about immortality. Suddenly, forever is a really long time. Hayley hugs him. Jackson and Josh push the boat into the water. It's lit on fire.

Hayley calls Elijah to say goodbye. Hope and I can't be your family anymore. The destruction can't be part of her story anymore. Even without the curse, she'd still be Klaus's daughter. She doesn't deserve the pain that comes with being a Mikaelson. Elijah, goodbye. Rebekah tells Elijah that Hayley is right. Klaus overheard.

He staggers in to Dahlia. She says I knew you were the smartest. No brute Viking blood in your veins. Glad you made the right decision. Klaus says I never cared for Hayley, but the rest of my family will defend her. They have more than earned everything that is to come. We need to hurry. Hayley is attempting to flee with my child. Dahlia says don't worry. She won't get far tonight.

Thunder and Lightning in the bayou. Dahlia spellcasting. Hope cries.

Dahlia and Klaus smile at each other.

Next Monday - Klaus vs. everyone else. And there are a lot of bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment