Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

#TVD episode recap - I Could Never Love Like That

"I Could Never Love Like That."
KILLER KARAOKE – With their humanity turned off, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) begin wreaking havoc at Whitmore, leaving Damon (Ian Somerhalder) to come up with a risky plan involving Lily (guest star Annie Wersching). After rushing to help Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) treat victims of Stefan and Caroline’s latest killing spree, Elena (Nina Dobrev) discovers Jo is pregnant, prompting her to reevaluate her own life as a vampire. Meanwhile, when Sarah (guest star Tristan Mays) boldly turns the tables on an unsuspecting Enzo (Michael Malarkey), he is forced to open up about his tragic past. Lastly, at Scull Bar, a twisted round of karaoke leaves Tyler (Michael Trevino) and Matt (Zach Roerig) in a dangerous situation. Leslie Libman directed the episode with story by Matthew D’Ambrosio and teleplay by Chad Fivash & James Stoteraux (#618). Original airdate 4/16/2015.



Image credit: The CW

Ep 18 recap:

Closing time at the bar. A vampire is screwing with an employee. Dead guy falls from the balcony. It's Caroline and Stefan. They had a bet that Caroline would scare the guy to literal death. Why aren't you freaking out? He tries to run and she compels him to have a heart attack. Stefan says you only think you're having a heart attack. She keeps going, until the guy dies. Stefan says the guy died of a loophole. She says a win is a win. So now we do karaoke.

Salvatore house. Enzo brought Sarah. Lily opens the door. Are you looking for my son? She says I'm sorry, have we met? He says we have the wrong house and gets Sarah back in the car. He says that woman turned me into a vampire.

Damon and Elena in the bathroom. You have to give her a chance. She's your mother. He says no, she's a tool to getting Stefan back. Elena looks for her t-shirt. He gives her one of his. The cure is hidden in his dresser.

Lily cooked. Damon's past favorite. She asks Elena if she misses being human. Sometimes. Lily says so, we need the Ascendant to free my companions. And a celestial event. She's been studying on Stefan's computer. Elena gets a text from Jo about attacks at Whitmore.

Sarah and Enzo. He's explaining her Salvatore history. He thinks Lily is the most dreadful person he ever met.

Enzo was sick. He had a ticket, but he's not allowed on as a sick person. Lily offers to help him. By the time the ship docked, everyone was dead.

Enzo tries to compel Sarah to forget and she's on vervain. She injects him.

Caroline singing. Students unhappy because they're trying to study.

Tyler and Matt heading for food after training. They enter Caroline and Stefan's scene. Stefan says are you here to arrest us? You guys want next song? He won't let them leave.

Damon and Lily in the car. He tells her to text Elena. Headed to campus. Look Stefan in the eyes. She says then we'll rescue my friends? Lily heard his conversation with Bonnie last night about the Cure. He says don't bring it up to Elena. She says you're afraid she might want it and you'll lose her. Neither of us can bear the thought of being alone.

Elena and Jo treating the wounded. Elena tells Jo about Lily and Kai. So Kai's gone? Yeah. For good. Elena says you're pregnant. You and Alaric having a baby....Elena hugs her. I'm so happy for you.

Enzo wakes all tied up. Says you've made a mistake. Sarah went through his phone. I'm an idiot for every trusting you. He says don't beat yourself up. I remember being naive.

Enzo was very sick. Lily says payment isn't an issue. She compels the doc to be truthful. He says the medicine is a placebo and Enzo will be dead in a week. She tells him to leave. Enzo asks if she's an angel.

Caroline finishes another song. Tyler asks if we can go now. She wants to play Caroline Trivia. Whoever answers the questions right lives. Tyler, then Matt. Tiebreaker. What was my mom's final memory. They say there's no way to know that. Stefan returns. He ate the Philosophy TA and answers Caroline's question. Caroline says you two lose, which means I get to kill the both of you.

Elena and Jo. She's not shocked at the chaos. I've been in their shoes and done this before. There's part of me that's like this. Jo says have you told Damon about how you feel. Eternity flashed in front of your eyes and scared the hell out of you. Elena says Damon knows how I feel. But we can't change it, so there's no point in dwelling.

Enzo and Sarah. She's fascinated with death. Enzo says you can't appreciate it until you've stood at its precipice.

Lily hums a lullaby to Enzo. He was left at a work house at age 4. Lily says I was sent to a sanatorium to die. But I was given a reprieve. And then I found my true family. They're here traveling with me. Outcasts like you and I. You could join us. Never be alone again. He coughs up blood again. She cuts her hand and drips her blood into a glass. Drink this, Lorenzo.

Damon and Lily at campus. Elena texts they're at Skull Bar. Lily wonders if Stefan won't remember her. Damon says of course he will. Just channel what you felt when you came for us. 1903. Oh....you weren't coming to get us. no, I wasn't, I'm sorry. He says you can do this. Just try. She says I've been trying with all my heart to reconnect to being a mother. After I was turned, the only thing more powerful than the longing was the fear of what I'd do to you if I returned. By the time I was myself again, everything I felt for you and your brother was gone. I hate that I can't make myself feel more. I'm so sorry.

Caroline flips a coin. Heads for Tyler and tails for Matt. Tyler knocks the coin out of her hand. He breaks a chair and throws it at Stefan. Matt tells him to stop. Caroline dares Tyler to stake her. Then moves Matt in front of the stake. Nice going, Tyler. Oh no! Don't kill Matt!

Damon on the phone with Elena. Told her what his mother said. She says it's okay to feel hurt. She's the second woman to abandon you. He says and you never have. He tells Lily to give the performance of a lifetime, or you can kiss your vampire family goodbye. She says promise me you'll help me get my friends back. He hands her the Ascendant. Show time.

Enzo and Sarah. He says the hunger is the bad part. He woke on the ship to see several dead people. The doctor walks in. The woman that helped you killed them all. She told me to find you and have you feed on me. Enzo does and completes the transition. Then he searched the ship and there was no Lily. She abandoned me.

He gets free and tells Sarah I wanted to make you a monster.

Tyler trying to help Matt. Caroline and Stefan taunting him. Tyler yells at them to shut up. Damon walks in with Lily. Stefan's surprised. Caroline asks who's that? That's my mother.

Damon gives Tyler the keys to get Matt out. Stefan says my mother died, so this is Damon's lame attempt to get my humanity on. Caroline stakes Stefan in the back to she won't get her humanity back.

Matt doesn't want vampire blood, just doctoring. Elena asks Tyler what just happened.

Lily pulls the stake out of Stefan. I'm sure you have many questions. She says I'm a Ripper. All the guilt you've carried is my fault, not yours. That's why I had to leave. I was afraid I'd hurt you and your brother. Last day I saw you was the day of your funeral. If only I'd seen you grow into a young man, to protect you from your father's temper, but by the time I got my appetite under control and was on my way to find you, I was banished to a prison world by the Gemini coven. The one thought that got me through that hell was hoping I'd see you again. There are no words to make up for abandoning you, but we have eternity to try. Your angel has returned to you and I will never leave you again. She caresses his face. "Mother..." Stefan hugs her. He's back!! She and Damon share a smile. Damon had told her exactly what to say and it worked.

Stefan asks Damon how you found her? Damon says don't worry about her. Beat yourself up for a night, then you have to go after Caroline. He says I don't need a night. I'll find her.

Elena visits Matt. Why are you refusing my blood? He says do you know how many times I've died or nearly died? They were at the hands of my friends, no, vampires. She says you have every right to be mad, but why won't you let me make it better. He says I can't hate vampires and use it to my advantage. Can't have it both ways, Elena. This is how it has to be.

Enzo got the vervain out of Sarah. She wants a choice. What if I never seek out the Salvatores? He tells her to have a nice life, Sarah Nelson.

Damon and Elena. She wants to throw Jo a baby shower. It's the best news we've had in a while and I didn't react like I should of. Because I was......jealous. A little. I always wanted a family before... So it's a reminder that it's never going to happen for me. But....being with you is also what I always wanted. Just had to let myself be sad for a moment. He asks what if you could change everything? She says I can't. He says I love you. I love you, too. Phone buzzes.

Hospital. Jo called her dad and he wants to know where the Ascendant is. Damon gave it to Lily. Jo says you need to get it back now. Before the 1900s, your mother fell in with heretics. Siphoners like Kai. Lily turned them. They're both witch and vampire. They have magic only when they siphon from a source. They can siphon from each other! They can never be allowed to escape. Imagine Kai with the bloodlust of a vampire. Now imagine 6 of them.

Oh damn!

Next ep - Find and fix Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment