Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

#TheOriginals season 2 finale recap - "Ashes to Ashes"

"Ashes to Ashes"

EVERYTHING WE LOVE, WE TURN TO ASH — With time running out, Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) ultimate plan to protect baby Hope at all costs continues to take shape. As tensions between the siblings come to a head, Cami (Leah Pipes) reveals a vital piece of information that causes Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Rebekah to reconsider their plan of attack against Dahlia (guest star Claudia Black). Davina (Danielle Campbell) finds herself one step closer to fulfilling the promise she made to Kol, while Freya (guest star Riley Voelkel) is forced to take drastic measures to protect herself against Dahlia. Elsewhere, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) has to put aside his fury at Klaus in order to protect himself and everyone in their sire line. Meanwhile, Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) finds himself torn between the prospects of a magic-free life away from New Orleans and a personal obligation to protect Davina. Finally, with their risky plan in place, the Mikaelson siblings prepare for the fight of their lives. Matt Hastings directed the episode written by Christopher Hollier & Diane Ademu-John (#222). Original airdate 5/11/2015.






Image credit: The CW

Episode 22:

Klaus with Hope. Dahlia's prepping a spell. She asks if he's having misgivings. He says he was wondering what's taking so long. She says we can start now. He asks what do you want to do about Freya. She says at the moon's apex, she'll end Freya's life now she's served her purpose. Dahlia starts the bonding with Klaus.

Elijah puts a cloth over the burned body. Camille is healed. He yells what do you mean Niklaus has a plan! She says he has to get Dahlia to link to him. Elijah says she'd be virtually indestructible. Camille says he has to buy time to find the right ingredients to kill Dahlia.

Dahlia finishes the ritual. Klaus drives a dagger in himself and Dahlia sleeps. Freya wakes to Hope crying.

Marcel lays Rebekah's body down next to the coffin and begs Rebekah to wake. She's in her original body. He lifts her out of the coffin. He says that was one hell of a gamble. Phone buzzes. It's Klaus.

Elijah with Gia's body. Camille says I'm sorry about your friend. I'm not condoning Klaus's actions. Rebekah and Marcel enter. Marcel says Klaus stole the curse for the Crescent wolves. Rebekah tells Elijah where to find Freya.

Elijah arrives. He asks how Hope is. Freya says she's a Mikaelson, she's resilient. Elijah says we need the blood of the witch she loved the most, our mother. Freya says I killed her. Elijah says our mother is buried in New Orleans. Niklaus wants us to revive the original body.

Vincent finds Davina preparing earth magic to resurrect Kol. He says the ancestor's power is a one-time deal. You want to use it on Kol Mikaelson? Families fight, but you can always trust a Mikaelson to back a Mikaelson.

Rebekah says are we really to switch Kol's ash with our mother's and trick Davina? Losing our chance to bring back Kol and incurring the wrath of a pissed off witch. Elijah suggests they dig two deep holes and drop their problem down them. Freya wants the kill Klaus. Marcel says then I die along with every vampire in Klaus's line. Rebekah notices that the dagger is melting. Meaning they don't have a lot of time. It won't hold Dahlia forever. Elijah says we have no choice but to carry out his plan.

Elijah digs up the coffin. Rebekah says we should raise Kol and not this daft bitch. Elijah says we should make Davina help us without knowing she's helping us. Rebekah feels like a traitor. I'm once more built to take life and robbed of the chance to create it. Elijah says Gia was innocent. Innocence doesn't belong with our family. Rebekah says Gia wasn't the only thing he stole from you last night. Elijah says Hayley wasn't mine to take.

Marcel and Freya look for Kol's ashes. She finds something hidden in a fireplace. Marcel finds an urn. It's empty.

Davina has a jar of ashes. Rebekah says he was a handsome one, my brother. Davina follows her. Rebekah says I will stop at nothing to get Kol back no matter what flesh I'm in. Davina asks what happened? Nik happened. I need your help. There's only one witch that can face Dahlia and that's Esther. I need you to bring her back. Davina breaks Rebekah and puts her out. I'm going to bring back the only one of you that is worth anything.

Freya can't slow Dahlia's magic. Freya has the white oak stake.

Davina starts her spell.

Marcel pleads with Freya.

Davina chants.

Freya says I don't want to kill you or him. But....

Davina sees a hand break through the box.

Freya tries to strike and Klaus catches her wrist. Dahlia wakes.

Davina is greeted by Esther, not Kol. Who the hell are you? Ha! Been a long time since we saw Esther in her original body.

*Dahlia's going to be SOOOO pissed at Klaus. He had one chance to trick her and buy time. Esther has to get with the program RIGHT NOW.

Rebekah is awake. Elijah says it was me. He switched the ashes while they talked outside. Davina says that was Kol's only chance! Rebekah promises we'll get him back, just not today.

Dahlia says the link between us melted along with that dagger, meaning I'm quite free to kill you. Klaus races to Hope. The vines pricked her. Marcel says when this is over, you and I are going to settle up.

Vincent finds Davina. She says I'm not okay, I'm furious! Marcel comes and says I ask the war to wait one day. Right now, their problem is my problem. Dahlia wants to kill them all. Help me now and we all live to fight another day.

Klaus gets a text. Camille arrives. She yells at him. He says I had to make it seem as if I cared for nothing, but when I hurt you......our battle is not yet won and I need you to do it here where magic is voice, and I'm sorry! I will find a way to make it up to you.

Esther and Elijah. She says you brought me back to torture me. He says no, I just need your blood. Klaus arrives. Elijah's still upset. Klaus says I want her blood on this blade. I need her to weaken Dahlia's defenses before I slaughter them. Rebekah says Mother, you do not have a choice, but Klaus forces every move we make. Klaus says yo two leave me with no choice but to act alone! But we also have a long history of doing what it takes to win the war! Elijah asks about Gia and Hayley. Klaus says collateral damage and Elijah punches him. Says this was punishment. Once again, you broke your family. Know this - Whatever the outcome tonight, you will no longer have me at your side. You want to be alone? Congratulations. He picks up the chain secured to Esther. Come, Mother.

Vincent and Camille. They drink in the protected bar. He asks why she stays in a town that offers her nothing but danger. She says there's a legacy. He says don't give me that crap, I know legacy, but I can walk away. Camille says you're dumping your responsibilities on a teenager. Why would you leave her without a teacher? He asks why she stays? She says it turns out, I have complicated feelings for a monster. And does he have feelings for you? I think it's possible he does, yeah. Vincent says we need another bottle.

Dahlia brought Freya to the spot where the city used to hang people. Freya says I pity you. Your ability to love died long ago. Dahlia says when I looked in your eyes, I saw your mother, the sister that turned my heart to stone. I will crush every one of her children. Klaus and Rebekah arrive. And Elijah dragging Esther in chains. Esther looks terrified. And Dahlia doesn't look as arrogant now. Surprise!

Dahlia says my sister...in chains....she laughs. Is she to be a gift to buy your freedom? Because I brought something. The stake. Dahlia explodes it into ash. All 3 siblings start to choke and die. Freya says you're killing them. Esther says you still carry so much anger for me after all these years. Dahlia says you broke your vow and ended my family. They were the result. Esther says you call this my wrongdoing? You made me bargain away my first born. Dahlia says you denied me everything owed to me. Now Esther, say goodbye to the last of your children. She chokes Freya. Esther says wait, wait! You have won, Dahlia. You have all you want, including the firstborn of a new generation. Let me make amends. Let me share the glorious freedom I've found in death. She wraps the chains around Dahlia's throat. "Elijah?" He throws the knife through them both.

They're young again. In a field of grass. Esther says please forgive me. Dahlia hugs her. Of course I forgive you. A beautiful place under a blue sky. They die in each other's arms.

Klaus says Seems we're officially orphans. 4 siblings standing together.

Daytime. The witches are ash that blows away on the wind.

Marcel and Elijah prepare to burn Gia to ash for a funeral.

Klaus at dinner. Rebekah says the spoils of war, eh? Glasses of blood. Klaus says Marcel will forgive me once I hand over the reins of the city. She says and you'll do what. Raise my daughter with the help of my sisters. Rebekah asks about Hayley. This, dear brother, is not what happiness looks like. She walks out.

To Freya. Freya says I finally can choose my own fate. I thought you should have the same. The witch body is healed. You can inhabit it once again. You have a choice. Rebekah asks why? Because you were first to see me as a sister. Be free, Rebekah.

Marcel gets a call. Which did you choose? She's back in the witch body with her old body in the SUV. She'll search for a way to bring back Kol. And you? He says I'll try not to start a war with your brother. She days some things never change. He kisses her. She smiles at him.

Klaus asks Camille to open a bottle. She says stop compelling the customers, I need the tips. She remembers the moment they met. He says if not that night, it would've been the others. I would've found you. Thank you. For the drink. He hurries out.

Full moon. Elijah meets with Hayley. Hugs her after putting his jacket on her. Hope is safe and well according to Freya. I will release you from this. She says I need another promise. I need you to be there for Hope. She needs you.

Klaus rocks Hope and tells her a story. The Wolf King fought a war for his beautiful little princess, but victory came at a price. Allies lost, enemies made. And so, the Wolf King stood alone. But sometimes, even the worst endings are not really endings at all. Elijah comes back to him. Klaus says there's always another chapter to be told.

Nice. This show does great season finales.

No comments:

Post a Comment