Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

#TVDFinale Season 6 Finale Recap - "I'll Be Thinking Of You All The While" #GoodbyeNina #GoodbyeElena

"I'll Be Thinking Of You All The While"

GOODBYE, MYSTIC FALLS — In the aftermath of Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo’s (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) powerful nuptials, things take a dramatic turn when an uninvited guest shows up, leaving Elena (Nina Dobrev) in terrible jeopardy. Despite Matt’s (Zach Roerig) advice to leave town to protect herself, a defiant Bonnie (Kat Graham) takes matters into her own hands after finding herself on the receiving end of a twisted plan. As Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) reach an emotional crossroad in their relationship, a reunion with Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) leaves Tyler (Michael Trevino) faced with a decision that could change his life forever. Meanwhile, Lily's (guest star Annie Wersching) reckless actions cause Stefan to realize the lengths to which his mother will go to reunite with her “family.” Finally, after a devastating chain of events, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is forced to make the most difficult decision of his life. Michael Malarkey also stars. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Julie Plec & Caroline Dries (#622). Original airdate 5/14/2015.








Image credit: The CW

Episode 22:

Damon laying on the road. Elena asks him what is he doing? Waiting for you. Feeling symbolic. They kiss. She says it's bad, isn't it? He says you owe me a dance, Miss Gilbert.

The injured and dying. Damon feeds her blood. Alaric pleads for help. Elena's not drinking. Stefan, she won't wake up. I don't understand. Stefan says get her to the hospital now. Kai breaks his and Caroline's necks. Nothing personal. This is a family matter. Gemini chant against Kai. Kai says sorry, I don't want to compete with a future generation. Kai stabs his own neck.

Elena training with Alaric in the woods. He says I can't do this. She says don't give up like that. He says I have nothing left to fight for.

Elena in the hospital. Bonnie calls Damon. Kai's out. He knows. She says Kai took my blood. Damon says Jo is dead and Elena got knocked down and won't wake up. The doctors say there's nothing wrong with her. I don't know what to do, Bonnie.

Stefan and Caroline wake up in a car. Enzo driving them. Where are we going? Elena is in the hospital, Kai is dead, the Geminis are going with him. I grabbed you two to deal with a bigger problem. Lily looking for her friends. Stefan says Kai lied to you! You're wasting your time.

Geminis dying. Liv with Tyler. He says Kai is dead, Liv. Your coven is all in there dying. They hold hands. He says I love you, Liv. You need to know that. She says no, you're not dying, not after everything. It's a full moon. If you turn, it'll heal you. You have to. He says no. I'm not triggering it. She says you promised not to waste your second chance. I love you. Let me do this for you. He kisses her. She says don't waste it, and puts his hand on her mouth. He says I love you. He weeps while suffocating her. Then she stops struggling, breathing. He screams.

*Really? They kill Alaric's woman again? Really? Isn't that repetitive? I would get taking the babies, even hurting her enough that she can't have more children, but taking her, too is ridiculous. A gratuitous death.

Damon sits with Elena.

Tyler on the phone. He tells Matt I triggered my curse. Tell every vamp to steer clear. I don't know if I can control who I go after.

Stefan and Lily. He says those are random people you sired, not family. She says we spent a century and a half together, what other word would I use? Stefan asks her what did you give Kai in exchange? My blood.

Kai wakes. Cracks his neck. Brings his father to him. Here's to being different. He drinks a little of his blood.

Ric puts Jo in the SUV. Covers her with a cloth. Gets in the driver's seat. Gun in the glove compartment. He sees Kai. And shoots him repeatedly. Kai says I turned myself into a heretic. Ric holds the gun to his head. Tyler tackles and bites Kai. Kai tosses him. Tyler runs off. Kai says bad doggie. Ha!

Elena with Matt. At the bridge. Here lies Elena Gilbert. She has to find humor in it. The alternative is saying goodbye and I can't do that, yet.

Matt and Bonnie. She found a video in the kitchen. Kai says you're probably wondering why you're still alive? Bet you forgot about that rock of Bennett blood.

Damon is texted that Kai was bitten. Kai shows up and asks what's happening to me? Damon says there's a cure in New Orleans. Tell me what you did to Elena? I'm really not in a good mood, so I'll behead people I don't like. Fix her! Kai says she'll stay this way until she wakes. She's preserved indefinitely. As long as Bonnie remains alive, Elena will be asleep. Kai rigged it so if Bonnie tries to outsmart it, they both die.

Your betrayal really hurt me, Bonnie. Matt says Damon will kill you. You have to run now.

Kai says you have a choice, Damon. Of course, you kill Bonnie, Elena will probably never speak to you again. Damon throws a gurney.

Elena and Stefan at the quarry. This is where she told him she didn't want to be a vampire. He says a lot of good that did. She says you knew me better than anyone, which is why you know how impossible it is to find the words to say goodbye.

Caroline and Stefan with Elena. Damon left to track Kai. Caroline says you, you were soulmates, and I want to make sure you're okay. Stefan says she isn't necessarily my soulmate. She was also the only person to believe my brother is worth loving. Her faith in him brought me and Damon back together. I loved her, but I think in the end, I needed him more than I needed her. Is that why you feel you need to stay away from me? Afraid I haven't moved on? She says no. You and I..... I can't do this right now, I'm sorry.

Kai back at the wreckage. Anyone alive? I need blood. Bonnie says you need more than blood. He says maybe if you were funny, your friends would be cool with you living instead of Elena. She gives him pain. He says I can't undo the spell. What's done is done. I can't undo the spell, Bonnie. She says fine, I'll wait for the werewolf bite to kill you. Kai says I didn't know they were real until I got bit by one. Thing is, Bon, only way a guy turns into a wolf is magic, right? He siphoned the venom. Cures himself. Tosses Bonnie.

Damon says just dance with me. She pleads with him to say how bad is it? He says Kai linked you to Bonnie. You won't wake up until Bonnie dies. He won, Elena.

Damon gets to the barn. Bonnie wheezing. Kai says how dumb are you? I deliver you a dying Bonnie. She's about to croak. You don't have to help her. Walk away and you and Elena get to live the life you've always dreamed of. Act quick. Damon says I'm so sorry, Bonnie. He kisses her forehead. Stands. Leaves. Kai says the whole point is that this would torture him a while. You'd think he'd at least flip a coin. Damon beheads Kai Heads it is. LOL. Did you think I'd leave you alone? He feeds Bonnie his blood. Come on. He picks her up and carries her out.

*Oh! What if Bonnie becomes a vampire? She'll die, but live. Is it enough death to save Elena? And where are the Heretics so far? Twenty minutes left.

Daylight. Bonnie and Caroline come in the house. Everyone's there. Damon says let's do this. You two are up first. Caroline and Bonnie. Take her hand. Close your eyes. And let her into your thoughts. Elena in a coffin.

Bonnie and Elena and Caroline having a sleepover. Elena says take care of everyone while I'm gone, okay? Promise me, both of you, write it all down. Everything you accomplish. Write it down. So that one day when I wake up, I can read about you and feel like I was there. Bonnie says I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. Elena says this isn't your fault. Caroline leaves them alone. Elena wipes Bonnie's tears. It's my time to sacrifice for you. One more favor. Okay. Feathers from the pillow. Can you do it one last time? Bonnie floats them and they laugh.

Matt scatters the flowers. Happy? She says it's your turn to be happy. He's a cop, huh? She says my hope is you spend the rest of your life fighting for people like you. He says I might never see you again. She says think of all we've survived.

Elena with Ric. Let the pain in. It's bigger than you. You have to drown in it, and then you'll swim. And every breath will make you stronger. I promise you'll beat it. Jeremy arrives! Ric hugs him. Jeremy takes Elena's hand.

She says you made it! Sorry, I wanted to be strong for you. He says I spent my life doing what I was born to do. I was happy.

Elena and Tyler. he's chained up. She says get out of here, figure out yourself, and fight for it. Embrace the wolf and let it be extraordinary.

Stefan and Elena. He takes her hand. Cries. They're at the quarry. She says thank you for bumping into me in that hallway. You quite literally saved my life. I love you so much. I can't wait to see what new life you choose in 60 or 70 years. Be happy. I'll see you soon. He says I'll see you, Elena. He lets go of her hand.

Enzo finds Lily still at the shipping yard. She says you must think me a monster. He says we're all monsters in some way. She says I never felt whole before I found these people. Can you understand that a little? Yes. He says I've been searching for that my whole life. He says that building wasn't there last night. They enter. Kai must've had this cloaked. She says it's our family! Hugs one of them.

Damon and Stefan move the coffin. Stefan wonders if she'll be safe here. Damon says Bonnie will spell it shut. It's time for me to say goodbye. Stefan pats his shoulder and walks out of the crypt.

He says you knew I would give you up to save your best friend. She says I knew you'd stand by your best friend even if you had to live without me a little while. She says don't sit around and wait for me. He was thinking of desiccating. Makes the time go faster. She says no, be happy. How about that dance? They dance, close.

Caroline in her house. Stefan's at the door.

Damonn twirls and dips Elena. They're doing the dance from that event.

Stefan says I get it, I haven't made it easy on you, but I made a list of how loving you changed my life. You made me laugh, made me dance, told me I'd find love again. I understand if I need to wait for you and I will. When you're ready for me, I'll be ready for you. He kisses her cheek and leaves.

Elena and Damon still dancing in the street. She says are you ready for this? Ready to spend the next 60 years without you? Who's ever going to be ready for that? I love you, Damon. I love you, too. They kiss.

Days go by in the crypt, outside it.

Mystic Falls is a wreck. Matt patrols as a cop. Damon stands on the clock tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment