Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

#BATB episode 11 recap - "Unbreakable"

"Unbreakable"

LIAM RECRUITS VINCENT – In a surprising turn of events, Vincent (Jay Ryan) agrees to help Liam (guest star Jason Gedrick) on a mission to retrieve evidence that could expose them both. Meanwhile, a suspicious Cat (Kristin Kreuk) discovers something about Liam’s family history and must warn Vincent before it is too late. Nina Lisandrello, Austin Basis, and Nicole Gale Anderson also star. Sudz Sutherland directed the episode written by Roger Grant & Melissa Glenn (#311). Original airdate 8/20/2015.



Image credit: The CW

Ep 11:

JT and Vincent in an alley. JT's still bouncing around safe houses. JT says aren't you more concerned because Liam is a Beast? Doesn't this bring up issues? Vincent says he won't lose control again. I can keep from going primal. There's no gem in the dungeon now. JT swore he hid it there, but.... They get in Vincent 's Jeep.

Heather is back. Joins Cat at the coffee shop. Cat says Liam is a Beast. But it's not the same thing. Liam is a lost cause. Cat wasn't worried, but now she thinks Vincent is worried about crossing the line. Heather says it'll be fine. And Alastair wasn't the only Beast back then. Liam shows up. He wants to talk in private. You can arrest me, or I can kill everyone here.

Precinct. Liam says Vincent will be here soon. Cat asks what do you want? Vincent comes in. Cat tells him to not attack here. Vincent says give me one good reason to not kill you here. Liam says we have a lot in common. Cat says Vincent doesn't murder people like you do. Liam says a kill is a kill. And he needs Vincent's help. Tess enters with a lawyer. Liam is out of there. Help me out, Vincent, for the sake of you two, and JT.

Tess says the DA is refusing to press charges. The Ellingsworths are protecting Liam. Why? The family are practically saints. Vincent says Juliana said Liam has an end game. He's willing to go to any lengths. Tess asks what do we do?

Vincent tells Cat that we can find out what Liam's up to with this. Cat is worried. Liam wants you for a reason and after last week.... Vincent says Liam caught him off guard with the Beast thing, but it won't happen again. They come in the apartment and Liam has JT in a noose! "Look who I found."

Liam says you're going to want to help me. You think you're fast enough to save him before his neck snaps? Let's see. Vincent rushes to JT. Liam says you're slow. Liam says you'll help me so you won't be exposed. DHS is working on Alton's blood. If they figure out the blood is proto-Beast.....and I gave them your blood samples. We have to break into DHS to take the samples. Vincent asks what's this really all about? Liam leaves. Vincent follows.

Vincent says he'll help if Catherine and JT are left alone. Liam says JT is dying, anyway. Serum poisoning. You didn't sense it? Love is clouding your senses. Be on time, or I go without you.

JT tells Cat that Liam can't sway Vincent to the Beast side. Vincent comes back. Liam's putting us in a corner. Vincent says if I'm with Liam, I can protect people. Vincent says Liam thinks he's playing me, but I'll be pplaying him. Trust me. Trust us. Cat does. But right now she needs to convince the Ellingsworths they're in danger. And JT can't remember where the gem is. Vincent brings up the serum poisoning. JT says I thought it was out of my system, but apparently not. I still believe I'll beat it. Right now, we have to stop Liam. Please don't tell Tess. I don't want her to worry.

Cat and Tess in Tess's office. JT is at home looking for the Gem. Tess says you can't go to the Ellingsworths. Their lawyer is blocking you for harassment. Cat says I'll talk to them as a private citizen. Have to be warned about Liam. You should go help JT look for the Gem. He shouldn't be alone.

Tess goes to JT's. No luck finding the Gem, yet. She hugs him. Welcome home. What's the matter? He says he's frustrated he can't find the Gem. Could swear I hid it in the dungeon. Tess asks when's the last time you saw it? He says Cat brought it to me after she used it on Gabe, and I was going to hide it in the dungeon, but I couldn't drive yet, and then I put it.....in a safe deposit box. Which one? Not a clue.

Bar. Vincent's on time. Liam says let the games begin.

An event. Cat and Heather outside. The museum event is invite only. Heather says stick to the plan and use my PR credentials to get in. Cat says I have to get in there now. Vincent has never been tested like this before.

Playing pool at the bar. Vincent won. Liam says why hold back? Why deny yourself? Vincent's phone rings. It's Cat.

Cat says it's going to take me longer than I thought. Stall him until I talk to Helen.

Cat steals a security access badge.

JT looking in the boxes. He has to pry open all the doors. Tess asks him about the vitamins. Then sees bloody tissues in the trash can. Something you're not telling me? He finds the Gem. She says you're charting your blood pressure again. What's going on? He says you're on the clock, you need this for when Vincent and Liam come out of DHS. She wants to talk now. He doesn't.

Liam and Vincent on a rooftop. Shift change is in a half hour. We jump on the roof. Vincent says you're kidding. Liam says you should be able to make it easily, if you tap into the Beast. Liam says love doesn't last. We hunt, we kill, we move on. That's who we are. Liam says the only chance of knowing what I'm up to is by following me. He jumps to the DHS building. Choice is yours, brother. Risk your love or risk lives. Vincent backs up. Beasts out, and jumps. And lands on DHS. Liam pulls him up. Let's get to work.

Cat in the museum. Eyes on Helen. She follows her. Cat says Liam won't answer. He's too busy breaking into DHS. Whatever Liam told you about himself, it's a lie. He's a wanted man. She offers Helen a USB drive. Every bit of evidence against him is on this. I can guarantee that Liam will hurt you. Helen says no, he helped me. He saved my family, our company. Cat says he's a monster. Helen says he's my brother. What? Cat is dragged away by security.

Tess is not happy. Helen is convinced Liam is her half-brother. Liam passed a DNA test. Cat says JT is hacking into that record. Heather says Liam and Vincent are at DHS and we need to focus. Cat says you have the Gem. Heather says Rebecca tried to hard to protect Alastair. Tess says Helen can still protect Liam. Cat says I'll prove Liam isn't her relative.

Vincent and Liam in DHS. Liam says I know better. I've been a Beast longer. If you don't team up with me, I'll destroy you and I'll destroy her. Vincent says let's get this over with. Sure. We go primal on this door or I go primal on them. They Beast out and break in the lab.

JT looks at the DNA tests. There's a 98% chance Helen and Liam are siblings, sorry. Cat says this doesn't make sense. Liam became superhuman and he's a Beast. Can't you look for that? JT says the markers....Liam is her ancestor, not her half-brother! 200 years old? Heather shows them a photo from an old London newspaper. Looks like Liam. Rebecca was engaged to that guy before Alastair. He was a suspect in their murders. Cat says....so Liam is the Beast from 1854.

*WHOA, no wonder he insists love doesn't last. That it hurts and betrays you and being what you are is all that matters. No wonder he says he's been a Beast longer. He wasn't part of the Muirfield experiments.

JT explains that Liam is several generations removed from Helen. He's 200 years old. ish. Life spans vary in different species. Cat wants to warn Vincent. JT says the blood samples are the best way to stop Liam. Don't let them be destroyed. Cat says if we have the samples, we have leverage.

Vincent says you didn't give DHS my blood samples. He pushes Liam. Liam says I'm too close to ending my suffering and I won't let anything stop me now. He beats on Vincent. Stop holding back! Vincent Beasts out.

Cat tells Tess we have to get inside. Sirens go off. Police go in.

Beast fight. Liam says you're either with me or against me. Liam jumps out a window to the other building.

Tess and Cat enter the lab and Vincent is gone. The place is a mess.

He's on the roof with Liam. Liam is pleased. You made the right choice. Vincent says I know. He tosses Liam off the building..... to land on a car below. Liam runs away. Cat looks up at Vincent.

Apartment. They update Vincent on what they discovered about Liam. Cat says all that matters is you're home safe and no one got killed. Heather says maybe you should tell Helen. Cat says she won't believe it. Vincent says revenge is driving Liam. His pin is primal, preceding Rebecca. Liam was put in an orphanage as a kid. Cat says Liam will escalate now he knows he can't turn you. Vincent says that's a tomorrow problem. Want to take a walk? Sure.

Tess and JT. She asks why you hid this from me. He says I didn't want to worry you. She says bull. He says I didn't want to be weak around you. You liked me when you thought I was more. Tess says I never cared about that. I love YOU. He says I love you, too. She says then don't push me away when you're hurting. Okay? Okay. She says we'll figure it out. I can't love you.

Vincent asks Cat how worried she really was. I was, and then I wasn't. I trusted you. I thought it was a test for me. Vincent says neither of us have to worry about the Beast thing anymore. And Liam tipped his hand. Cat says it can't be a coincidence that Rebecca and Alastair's villain is here. Vincent says we can stop Liam together. And we can't let history repeat itself.

Next week - We have to go through Liam to have our happy ending.

Only 2 episode left of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment