Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

#Arrow 4.4 recap - "Beyond Redemption"

"Beyond Redemption"

LAUREL DEALS WITH THE AFTERMATH OF NANDA PARBAT - Laurel (Katie Cassidy) must deal with the repercussions of taking Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) to Nanda Parbat. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) asks Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne) for a favor and while he's not surprised at the response, he is surprised at what he finds out next. Lexi Alexander directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski (#405). Original airdate 10/28/2015.



Ep 4:

Criminals. Drug deal? PD comes in and neutralizes them all. Detectives come in. And get killed. The fakes stole the money.

Dust at Oliver's new secret lair. With windows. Laurel and Thea checking it out. Laurel says Sara needs more time and I don't need Oliver's judgment. Diggle arrives. Oliver and Felicity arrive. Thea asks what do you want to tell us? Oliver says it's my campaign office. I'm running for mayor. Don't everyone congratulate me at once. You're serious? Yes! Diggle asks why you? Laurel asks what about staff or money. Felicity will fund it. Diggle asks what's your platform. Oliver thought they'd be more supportive. They say you're maybe in over your head. Felicity says maybe the other announcement will go over better. Into the secret elevator. Blood had a lair down here. Felicity fixed it up. Oliver turns on the lights. Cisco and Star Labs helped. WOW, this is shiny. Diggle says it's amazing. Oliver says we could use a little more space. Felicity has an alert system. 2 dead officers. Diggle says Thea and I will do recon. Oliver says he'll talk to Lance.

Police dept. They're lacking man power. Oliver arrives. Lance asks if these visits are going to be a weekly thing? Oliver says I've decided to run for mayor. Lance laughs. Laurel texts him. Lance gives the evidence to Oliver to be analyzed.

Island - Oliver gives instructions to the woman he saved. She asks why? He says it's complicated. She says those men have a bond. You're not one of them. Oliver says you have to do something for me and you're not going to like it.

Curtis wondering who the Green Arrow is. Felicity says she's not telling him. Felicity shows him her phone. He says I'm not sending you 2 year old code. But it's elegant, and familiar. Why is Ray's prototype OS sending texts to your phone? Curtis says Mr. Palmer's last recorded message could be a clue to how he died. She says I don't want to open that wound. I know how he died. She gets a text from Oliver.

He gives her the sim card. She says it has GPS. Oliver says gear up.

They check out a building. Diggle thinks he found something. A locked door. They bust in. It's weapons, equipment... Thea wonders if it's the Ghost's armory. Oliver finds a SCPD vest. Cops are killing cops.

Laurel brought her father to a basement. I swore I wouldn't keep secrets from you again. Shows him Sara. She's still feral and in chains.

**Curtis, please keep digging into that software. Someone needs to get Ray back to normal size.

Lance asks how is this even possible. Laurel says the Lazarus Pit. He says this isn't back, Laurel. Laurel says your daughter is alive. It's okay. She'll remember who she is. We just have to be patient. She shows Sara a picture of their family. We're your family. We love you. Sara asks who am I? She attacks Laurel. He gets Laurel away. Laurel says she just needs more time.

Felicity and team. Lights go down briefly. She says still working out the kinks. Oliver says let's talk to Thea's former drug dealer. We need some money.

Thea and Diggle talk to a dealer. He says he might have a hook-up. He doesn't take credit cards. I'll make a call.

Oliver tells Lance your detectives were killed by cops. All the equipment was SCPD issue. We're keeping the drugs in a warehouse. I need you to get the word out. Lance wants to bust the bad cops himself.

Island. Oliver gets back. Says he killed the woman. Richards got blown up by a landmine. Boss wants to see the body. Oliver says okay.

Diggle and Thea with the van. She says the drugs, the club remind me of high school. Diggle hates raising a daughter in this city. Everyone's in position. Lance complains about not having a code name. Oliver calls him Detective, then. Bad guys are firing as they come in. Team Arrow is losing against a superior force that seems to be ready to go against them. They aren't using police weapons and have advanced fight training. They get away with the van of drugs. Oliver asks Lance if he's okay. Lance says those weren't cops, and no, I'm not okay.

**So, are these Damian's forces, or another group?

Arrow Cave. Lance is impressed. Felicity argues. Oliver says Captain Lance isn't one to worry about. Laurel says these were not police issue. Lance says yes, they are from a task force. Lights flicker again. Lance will give them access to the precinct computers.

The bad guys. They argue about killing Captain Lance. Woman says no. We're not criminals. Let's remember that. We went this route to provide for our families. She says Lance is a solution.

Felicity and Curtis. He needs help getting the password for the software. You know the password. She says I don't want to hear my ex-boyfriend's final moment before he died. Curtis doesn't understand why she wouldn't want to hear his voice. His brother died of cancer and to be able to hear something from him, God, I'd give anything.

Lance meets with Damian. I need your help. It's my daughter, Sara. She's back. The Lazarus Pit. You used to be a member of the League. Lance says she's not right, she's crazy. Damian says it's a miracle she came back at all. Advice father to father. If it were my daughter, I'd put her down. She doesn't possess her soul. The most loving act you can commit is to return Sara to her final rest. I'm sorry.

Oliver does the salmon ladder. Shirtless training. Felicity approves. She gives him a file. Sgt. Warner has money in offshore accounts. Felicity turned on all police cameras in the city and has facial recognition looking for her. Oliver sees Lance meeting with Damian Darhk. Dun dun dun!!!

Lance gets home and Oliver is there. For years, you've looked at me with contempt and disdain. Do I have that same look on my face now? I'm talking about you and Damian Darhk. Lance sits down. Oliver says you know. Lance says it's complicated. Oliver says no it's not. Lance says you don't get to pass judgment on me! Oliver says you were better than me, until tonight. Lance says it's been 2 months. Started benign. He said he wanted to help and we needed the help. But the time I found out what he was, he threatened Laurel. Oliver says Laurel can take care of herself. Stop hiding behind your daughters! They'd be ashamed. I didn't expect to find out what kind of man you really are. Lance asks what are you going to do? Oliver says I don't know.

Island - Oliver says he strangled the woman. Boss says you don't sound like a guy that committed his first murder. I see it in your eyes. What? You're one dark bastard. Something cold in you ad you're terrified of it. Oliver says shouldn't you be afraid of me? Man says no, I'm the same way. If you're lying to me, you'll find that out.

Oliver at the office. Thea joins him. Oliver remembers going to Sentinels games as kids. Every person cheered. United. I wanted to be a leader of that city. I don't know if that city exists anymore. Might be beyond saving.

Sara rocking on the floor. Lance takes out his gun, aims at her. I'm sorry baby, you're not her. You're not her. Laurel comes in. Dad, what the hell are you doing? He sobs I have to do this. She's not my daughter! Laurel says it's Sara. He collapses. What am I doing, what am I doing? I'm sorry, baby, I'm sorry. He runs out.

And gets confronted by the bad guys in the apartment hall. Laurel sees him being dragged away and fights one. Another tazes her from behind. She's unconscious.

Police warehouses....contraband disposal facility. Lance says it requires a captain for access and that's not happening. She makes him open the door.

Felicity's computers still glitching. But she figured out he's at the facility.

She tells Lance we're leaving the city like everybody else. Canary arrives. The Speedy. Green Arrow says Sgt. Warner, you have failed this city. He ties her up. Diggle fights with others. Black Canary and Speedy takes out the rest. Warner gets Green Arrow by the throat. Lance says this isn't you. You're not a murderer. We've all been desperate. Done terrible things. But I've got to believe there's redemption. That the city can be saved. Maybe... We save our home by saving ourselves first and that means facing justice. Ask yourself, do you still believe? She lets Oliver go. Lance arrests her.

Lance comes home. Oliver there again. You saved my life. I didn't know you had such a way with words. Did you believe what you said? Lance says every word. I'll turn myself in this morning. Oliver says I'd like you to stay on the inside. They shake hands.

Island. Oliver leads the boss to the cave. And the woman's body. Stone cold killer. He tells Oliver to get rid of the body. This cave might be useful for something. He leaves. Oliver wakes her. You're okay. I haven't always been along on this island.
Boss finds a hidden bag. Oliver's contact box.

Campaign office. Full of staff. Oliver shakes hands. So surprising... He asks Thea if she hired these people? She says they're interns. She contacted them on social media. And wrote his speech. Get your suit out of mothballs.

Oliver gives his announcement speech. I know I'm not the obvious choice. I didn't graduate college, though I did go to 4 of them. After 5 years in Hell, I returned wanting to save this city. We will overcome our challenges with help from out friends, family, loved ones.

Felicity finally listens to the message.

Oliver says we do so together. United.

Laurel in the basement. Bringing food. Sara is gone. uh oh!

Next week - Constantine!

No comments:

Post a Comment