Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

#TVD 7.4 recap - "I Carry Your Heart With Me"

"I Carry Your Heart With Me"

HEAVEN & HELL BALL — Just as Damon (Ian Somerhalder) thinks he’s gained the upper hand in his fight against Lily (guest star Annie Wersching), an unexpected turn of events leaves him scrambling for a plan B. Elsewhere, when the fallout of Damon’s actions gains the unwanted attention of Mary Louise (guest star Teressa Liane) and Nora (guest star Scarlett Byrne), Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice King) are forced to spend the night distracting the girls at Whitmore College’s Heaven & Hell ball. Finally, after suspecting that she’s up to something, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) sets off on a mission to find out what Valerie (guest star Elizabeth Blackmore) is hiding, while a plan set by Alaric (Matt Davis) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) leaves their worlds turned upside down. Zach Roerig also stars. Jeffrey Hunt directed the episode written by Neil Reynolds (#704). Original airdate 10/29/2015.




 
 Image credit: The CW

Ep 4:

3 years from now. Alaric working on something. Trying to fix a doll. Twin girls! He tells them to go brush their teeth. Josie, help your sister find her PJs, okay? Girls? He grabs a shotgun from a cabinet. Damon's at the door. Ric says stay behind Daddy. Damon says someone will die if you don't do what I want. So, gonna invite me in?

Today. Ric looking at the Stone. In the morgue. He tells the guy I need the place to myself tonight. Is this enough to buy some privacy? The guy says this is the body's last day. Preserved bodies have an expiration date.

Damon and Lily on the phone. She wants to speak to Oscar. Damon finds Oscar gone. Oscar? I smell the blood on you. He's dead in a cabinet. You've gotta be kidding me.

Bonnie up in the dorm. Caroline wakes. Sit. Hi. They hug. Bonnie will work on unraveling the spell. Caroline says let's go shopping for Halloween costumes. Bonnie tells her about Jo. Caroline says our lives are weird. Tell me about it. LOL.

Stefan asks how the hell did you let this happen? Damon says don't blame me. Stefan says you're making all your bar decisions about Elena.

Valerie cooking a mushroom omelet. For Oscar, not you. Enzo is impressed. Lily says Damon never showed up. Asks for a moment alone with Valerie. He leaves. Lily brings up Stefan. Valerie says it was puppy love. Meant nothing. You told him you were coming back for him and he believed you. Valerie says I was a foolish human back then. I'm sorry. Lily says if you have something to tell me, now is the time. Valerie says I have nothing to hide.

The lesbians visit Damon. uh oh. University housing is sad. Nora starts breaking stuff. Damon says Oscar knocked me out and took off. Nora doesn't believe him. The girls leave. Damon and Stefan had Oscar hanging out the window! A woman walks in with n paper. Message from Nora. For every hour Oscar is not returned, a Whitmore student will die, starting now. The girl kills herself. Oh boy.

A Mystic Falls monster tour. Matt tells them to pack it up and get out. Enzo arrives. Matt says get out or else. Tells Enzo I'll shoot you right here if you touch these people. Enzo says he's been losing sleep. I have a Heretic to track.

Stefan brought Caroline coffee. He hasn't spoken to Valerie, yet. Caroline says you're not curious why she left you hanging? She's the reason why I literally can't touch you. Stefan says the lesbians are a bigger problem. The Heaven and Hell Ball will be a good distraction. Caroline says it'll only work if they think it's their idea. Caroline gets a flyer in their hands. Sorry, no Heretics allowed. Nora says we're going. Caroline says to a college party? Good luck with that. You'll fit in just fine.... Nora says don't leave. Mary Louise takes one of Caroline's dresses. Caroline says in exchange, siphon off this silly spell. Mary says you don't get on Valerie's bad side.

Nora says the same thing. Stefan says that's not the Valerie I knew. Nora says maybe that obsession with you is why she's a walking funeral dirge. Mary comes in. Nora says it's okay. But... Nora tears the neckline of Mary's dress to show some cleavage and pisses off Mary, who stabs a student. Stefan gives the kid his blood. The lesbians run off.

Bonnie and Alaric in the morgue. Bonnie says don't rush me. Damon drags Oscar in. We have to bring this guy back to life now.

**It's a nice note to have at least one of the Heretics more comfortable in the past than with modern times. Mary Louise is still self-conscious about showing skin.

The party. College kids dancing. Caroline arrives dressed as an angel. Stefan says nice costume for 2 hours notice. Did you forget to invite me? She says I didn't forget. I just didn't think it was first date material. What do you think it is? He says torture. They spot the lesbians.

They order drinks at the bar. Nora is obsessed with Pinterest.

Bonnie chants over Oscar. His eyes open. Then close. Scratch that one off the list. Damon's getting testy. Bonnie says shut up! The Stone works. I just have to find the right spell. Stefan calls and says we've managed to save 3 people. How much longer? Oscar's body catches fire. Damon says we're close.

Enzo carries home a college girl. Valerie asks if he's accusing her of something? He says you were at Whitmore last night. Valerie says forget everything you think you know. He says enlighten me. Maybe I'll just ask Lily. Valerie confesses. I had to prevent him from bringing Julian back. you don't know? Guess Lily doesn't tell you everything. Julian is someone to keep as far away as possible......if you want Lily to love you like you love her.

Caroline and Stefan watch the lesbians. Once a slow song comes on, Nora and Mary Louise dance. Caroline is scared of him getting back with Valerie. She says I'm too sober to talk about this. Nora and Mary Louise are gone.

Mary finds Nora feeding on the bartender. Mary rips her heart out. You're so desperate for attention! Nora says I don't need your protection! I'm not struggling to adapt, you are! Mary says do what you want. I'm going to finish what we came here to do.

Bonnie chants again. Oscar sits up screaming. Damon says Bonnie, you're officially the most terrifying person I know. LOL.

**Man, Mary Louise is insecure. Quite a temper when she gets defensive. Nora's overtly psycho, but what you see is what you get. It's Mary that's more dangerous.

Damon supporting Oscar out to the car. Smile for Mommy! Bonnie gives Oscar a blood bag. Bonnie says if hunger is the worse consequence, we got off easy. Damon asks if she still wants to do this to Jo. She says go get your girl. I'll go get his.

Enzo asks Lily who is Julian? She says Julian was a saint. The love of my life. Was? Or is? She gets the photo from Damon.

Mary Louise in the party. Stefan stops her from attacking a girl. Shows her the photo. Where's Nora? She says I don't know, we had a fight. He says I'm sorry. She says don't pity me. He says I don't. She asks if this is how relationships go in the modern era? He suggests a therapist. She's not interested. He tells her about Caroline's insecurity. All over this spell that you can remove. He knocks her out.

Oscar is still hungry. Damon says that's the last blood bag. Oscar demands more. Stop this thing! He breaks out of the car and runs off. "Damn."

Matt finds a crashed car. Dead driver on the hood. Damon says don't shoot. Oscar did it. Matt says ghost tours are going through Mystic Falls every 30 minutes. Matt says I'm going with you. Damon says you're human. Please don't commit suicide tonight. I don't need your death as one more thing that's my fault.

Stefan and Caroline make Nora siphon. Caroline breaks Nora's neck. Then Stefan and Caroline make out.

Tour bus. People want this to get scary. Oscar grabs the guide out of the front seat. The tourists clap. Then Oscar attacks them. It's a bloodbath. Lily finds him. Enough! You're not yourself when you feed, you know that. Remember our ways! Damon breaks his neck. Now I get it. Your favorite sons are the ones with the Ripper problem. I highly recommend detox and intervention. Now, where's Elena?

Nora wakes on Mary's lap. She'll find them and rip their heads off. Mary's smiling. You're adorable. They kiss. Nora says I'm sorry. Mary says no, I'm sorry. I forget this world was meant to be enjoyed, not feared. Help me remember that. They slow dance. Nora says we should get home. Mary says tonight is ours.

Stefan and Caroline in her room. Caroline says this can't happen, yet. I'm not some insecure, jealous girlfriend. Sometimes I overthink things and say things I don't mean. Stefan says I'm thinking about you, not Valerie. You and I have more history in 5 years than most people have in a lifetime.

Matt finds Valerie. She says join me for a drink? He says go by the count of 3 or I shoot you. Enzo stops him. Enzo tells her you're welcome. She says I came to be alone. He says tell me how we prevent Julian from coming back into Lily's life.

Damon burns the tourist van. Lily says you'll find Elena in the ruins of the old mansion. Damon says I'm moving back to Mystic Falls. She says you're going to help keep order? Refusing to let Elena go will only make you lose her.

Damon writes to Elena. I'm writing it all down. Thanks to a bottle of wine. Appreciating its beauty didn't make the time go faster. I convinced myself no sip of that wine would ever taste as good as the real thing. That's why I drink bourbon. I don't know who I am without you. Tyler shows up with a truck!

Bonnie chants on Jo.

Stefan and Caroline asleep in bed.

Lily with Oscar.

Damon and Tyler load the coffin in the SUV. My heart is right there in that coffin with you. Until you come back to me.

Jo is awake!

Next week - Stefan and Valerie talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment