Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

#AgentsOfSHIELD episode 3.9 recap - "Closure"

Closure

CLOSURE COMES AT A COST, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

"Closure" - Ward's campaign for revenge brings the S.H.I.E.L.D. team to their knees, and Coulson proves he will do anything to settle the score, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring are Constance Zimmer as Rosalind Price, Juan Pablo Raba as Joey Gutierrez, Andrew Howard as Banks, Powers Boothe as Gideon Malick, Mark Dacascos as Mr. Giyera, and Tyler Ritter as Thomas.

"Closure" was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Kate Woods.

Ep 9:

Ros and Phil. At her place. Dinner. He pours the wine. They unwrap burgers. LOL. Discuss Malick. She wants to go back in the ACTU. Phil says I can't protect you inside. She says it's my turf. I'm the idiot that's been working under Hydra the whole time. A bullet through the window. In her throat! Phil begs her to keep breathing, but she's dead.

Ward is the sniper.

Coulson looks at his hand covered in her blood. Phone ringing. it's Ward calling him. This is personal. I want to take out the guy that keeps sending agents to kill me. Coulson says comes and get me and we'll settle it now. Man breaks in. Coulson fights him. Another shows up. Coulson sets a trap. More men come in. Flash. Coulson shoots them. Gets in the hallway. Then out in the alley. Mack arrives. Coulson gets in the SUV and they bail. Mack asks about Ms. Price. Just drive.

Base. They all see Coulson walk in bloody. May says let him go. Bobbi asks if he said anything. Mack says get the interrogation room ready.

Phil in his office. Looks at his shirt and rips it off. Sees the matchbook Rosalind had kept.

Team hears him throwing things around his office.

Coulson and May. Whatever you need, just ask. He says start at the beginning. Everything about Ward, down to the smallest detail. She says okay. Coulson asks her if Ward every confessed personal details. Asks Simmons. Asks Fitz. May says Ward appealed because he was damaged. It drove him to need others to look at him as a hero. Fitz and Simmons contribute more. Coulson asks Daisy next. How did you fall for him?

Mack and Banks. To the lab.

Daisy says she related to Ward. Coulson says that might've been an act. She says no, he never lied to me. Hid parts of himself I wasn't ready to see, yet. He thought he could make me understand him. She gets how he was taken in by Garrett. But I'll never forgive him. He killed Koenig because of me. That's when I finally understood him. He kills because he feels too much.

Fitz shows Banks the NASA logo. Banks recognizes it. Malick funded the ind. contractor.

Ward gets back. Malick says that was fast. Ward said it felt good. Malick says we need Phil Coulson alive. Ward says I wanted to put him through his paces. Malick doesn't believe in closure. he moves forward. Never looks back. These 5 stones were extracted from the monolith a long time ago. They're the key to everything Hydra has been marching to. Ward says everything will play out like we planned. I know Coulson better than he knows himself.

Coulson attacks Hunter. Bobbi intercedes. Hunter says Ward shouldn't have had the chance. Coulson says no, it's on me. I picked him for this team. Hunter will do anything. Coulson says you better not miss this time. We're going off book.

He gives Mack files. Fill in as Acting Director. May isn't ready. Fitz and Simmons are out with Banks. Coulson says this is an order. Step up and do the damn job.

Banks and team in the facility. Simmons and Fitz trailing behind. She says we can't bring Will back. Fitz says he's stuck there and needs our help. She says to put other lives in jeopardy would be selfish. Banks shoots the men! He's being controlled. The gun turns on him and shoots him in the head. It's Mark Decascos's character. Mr. Malick is waiting.

Quinjet. Bobbi the pilot. Hunter has an idea. Coulson says good. Ward and Malick are already 10 steps ahead.

FitzSimmons meet Malick. Asks Simmons if she saw it. She tries to hit him. Fitz says we're not helping you. Malick says Hydra's been opening portals for centuries. Simmons says they don't know how to get back. Fitz says piss off. Ward says split them up.

Mack tells Daisy that Hydra took Fitz and Simmons. She wants to go after them. Mack says I need to call Coulson.

Coulson answers. Ward wanted us to go there. He throws his phone. They break into a bank? Guy in the back goes oh God, how'd you find me?

Ward is impressed with the Furiosa vibe Simmons has going. She says do your worst. He says I'd never do anything to hurt you. But him...... Let me know if you change your mind. The Inhuman floats a hammer and a wrench.

Ward visits Fitz. I'm not gonna hurt you. Much simpler way to make you talk. Cartoon puppy dog with its heart beating in its chest. Guess what, too late. Simmons screams. Tell me how she came back. Ward sits. We can sit here and listen.

Coulson's team with their hostage. Ward's brother.

Ward wonders what's worse? The screams or the pauses. He gets a call. Coulson from Ros's phone. Someone would like to say hello. Shows him the hostage. Ward says two sides, same coin, but you won't take it the whole way. Coulson has Hunter aim a gun. Ward says if you hurt Thomas. Coulson hangs up. Bobbi offers Thomas water. Coulson says you're the only way I can draw your brother out. Thomas says you better finish him when you do. What he said about our parents was true. Grant was my best friend. Protected me. Then he didn't. The well. Grant totally changed after that. He promised to never let anyone hurt me again. I give him a pretty wide berth. You don't have to become a monster just because you grow up with them. Bobbi will trace the phone. Ward calls back. Gives the phone to Thomas. Ward asks if he's okay? Thomas asks if it's all true. Ward says don't listen to them. I tried to see you. Mom and Dad kept you hidden. Thomas says that was me. I didn't want you to hurt me again. You killed Mom and Dad and Christian, too. Ward says sometimes you have to do a bad thing for the right reasons. Thomas vilifies him. Coulson says times up. Ward figures out they traced the call. Coulson says and now I'm coming to put you down.

Ward tells Simmons you'll tell me what I want to know right now!
Fitz hears her scream again.

Bobbi gives Thomas to a security detail to protect him. Now they're off to England.

May and Mack. He's been reading Andrew's file about Lincoln. What do you think? She says maybe it's Lash. How do we know the difference? Satellite view of the castle. Coulson told them he's coming. May says you're in charge, make the call. Mack says we're outmanned, outgunned. What the hell am I supposed to do? She says you already know.

Simmons brought to Malick. He says we're just about to open the portal. She says anyone that goes to that planet will die! Malick says it wants to come back. She won't help no matter how much they hurt her. Malick says We'll stop hurting you so he goes instead. Fitz says Sorry, Gemma.

Mack sending the team of Inhumans. Tells them this is a dangerous mission and the odds are not in our favor. Step up and do the damn job, or let the bad guys win. The choice is yours. Daisy fistbumps him. May says nice speech, Director.

Bobbi tells Coulson she's seen the look. It's dangerous going in a mission emotional. He says I've kept my emotions in check and look where that's gotten us. Let me know when we're close.

Malick says it's time. He wants Ward to lead the men on the planet. Ward says it's not over until I'm standing over Coulson's dead body. Malick says I thought you had vision. Ward says you're trying to manipulate me. Malick says I'm asking you to lead! I hoped to find someone to seize this moment with me. I'm no soldier. You're the finest one we ever made. If you go, your faith in Hydra was never misplaced. You'll look it in the eye. And then we can do whatever the hell we want.

Fitz and Simmons. She says you can't do this. Please let them kill me. He can't. I lost you once. I can't lose you again. I'm not strong enough to live in a world without you. She leans on him. He says I'm only going to bring back Will, okay? Ward is ready to go. Portal is activated. Building shakes.

Quinjet. Coulson picks out Ward's heat signature. Hunter figures they're sending Fitz or Simmons through the portal.

Ward sends men ahead of him. malick says we'll turn the portal back on in 12 hours. We're making history today. Ward tells Fitz he's up. Fitz goes in. Ward will be last.

Coulson about to jump out the jet. Hunter wants to go. Missiles! Bobbi says we need to move. Coulson jumps!

Right through the portal. It's then shut off.

4 minutes left. Ahhhhhh!

The planet. Dust storm. They hear something. Ward looks around. Calls out that it's nothing.

Coulson takes a hard landing and knocks himself out on a rock.

Next week - winter finale. The clock is running out.

No comments:

Post a Comment