Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

#Arrow episode 4.13 - "Sins of the Father"

"Sins of the Father"

NYSSA MAKES OLIVER AN OFFER - Oliver (Stephen Amell) receives an offer from Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) that is hard to refuse. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) continues to battle the blood lust, Malcolm (John Barrowman) steps in to help his daughter, and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) has a heart to heart talk with Nyssa. Gordon Verheul directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Keto Shimizu (#413). Original airdate 2/10/2016.


Image credit: The CW

Episode 13:

Oliver tells Nyssa that if she cared about Thea, it wouldn't come with conditions. He says deal with Malcolm yourself. Do not involve me or my sister. He realizes she can't beat Malcolm. She says sorry, I wouldn't resort to this if there was any other choice. I'm only following events to their inevitable conclusion.

Felicity at dinner with her father. He thought staying out of her life was the best thing for her. He'll answer any questions. She asks why now? He was doing a job for someone. I investigated my adversary and discovered Overwatch. She tries to leave. He says you and I are the same. I'm asking for a chance to prove I'm not a bad guy. He offers a thumb drive with proof of the hacks he's done. He wants back in her life. She wheels away.

Oliver updated Diggle. And Laurel. Oliver says nothing changes the fact that Malcolm is Thea's family. Oliver wants to practice diplomacy. He'll convince Malcolm to hand over the ring. Asks Laurel to talk Nyssa into it. She says that'll be easier than convincing Merlyn.

Island. Taiana and Oliver in the cell. She takes the stone and calls for a man. Wants to talk to the boss.

Malcolm and Oliver on a roof. Malcolm says you're very handsome, but not especially bright. Oliver says the Lotus was given to Nyssa by Tatsu's order, and if Thea doesn't get it now, she'll die. Malcolm says it all sounds nice, but none of this is true. Stop wasting my time with Nyssa Al Ghul's games.

Laurel comes to Nyssa. How is Sara? Good. Whole. I think she's happy. Nyssa says the time has come for recompense. Laurel says if you want Malcolm dead, you need to draw that sword. Or, a compromise. Oliver convinces him to give up the power and you give us the cure for Thea. Nyssa would accept that. But Malcolm won't. Laurel says he would do anything for his daughter. Nyssa says you better hope so. Says if he doesn't accept the terms, there will be war. The streets of your city will run red with the blood of our enemies, whoever they may be.

Oliver says it didn't go well. Laurel says Nyssa is on board. Felicity says my father is the Calculator. Thinks we have something in common. Wish I had a test to prove he's what he says he is. Oliver says a test is a good idea. Give's him an idea.

Taiana shows Ryder the rock. Do we have a deal? He says it's mine either way. Grabs the rock. Tells her to stay with Oliver until he's well. If he doesn't, you're dead.

Nyssa sparring with her men. Oliver arrives. I need proof what you're offering is real. She orders a sample of the Lotus. She says it's naive to think this can be resolved without bloodshed. Nyssa gives him a vial. It's not enough to cure Thea, only to provide the proof you need.

Oliver and Malcolm in the elevator. Thea is in the Arrow Cave. Lotus is used and Thea's wound goes away. Oliver tells Malcolm Nyssa's terms. We can meet tonight. Laurel is with her now.

Donna comes to Felicity. What's wrong? Sit, please. It's Dad. Noah is in Star City. He came to see me. Donna asks if she's alright? Yeah. Felicity asks if it's possible he's better than we thought he was? Donna says no. He tells you what you want to hear, and next thing you know, you have no job, no money, and you have a 7 year old daughter that wants to go to space camp. People don't change.

The meeting. Malcolm offers the ring. Nyssa holds the bottle. Malcolm brought assassins. He lied, as usual. Now she's outnumbered. Oliver wants to stop them before they all kill each other. Nyssa orders a retreat. Malcolm sends his men after her. Oliver says think about Thea! Malcolm says everything he does is for his daughter! Laurel and Diggle join Oliver to block Malcolm's path.

Arrow Cave. Oliver is mad. Laurel says just because you've changed, doesn't mean everyone else has. Oliver says we need to find them. No one else dies tonight, especially Thea.

Taiana offers Oliver medicine for his fever. He tries to appeal to her. She's still mad at him. He says my father sacrificed himself so I'd survive. Shot himself in the head not 3 feet from me. And I've lost 4 more people since then. It never gets easier. Never. She says I saw it when we met - you're lost. Shattered. If you want to be the man your father wishes you to be, this is where you start.

Lance at a crime scene. Oliver and Diggle arrive. Diggle says this ends one way. Malcolm dies. Oliver says I've never hated anyone like I hate him. Diggle says use that hate. You have to kill Malcolm Merlyn.

Felicity calls her father to Palmertech. She's baiting him, isn't she?

Black Canary found Nyssa. Oliver says keep her there. Nyssa says step aside. Laurel says at what cost? Nyssa says no. Laurel uses the Canary cry on the assassins. She and Nyssa run out into the street. Arrows flying between groups. Innocents caught in the crossfire. Green Arrow and Spartan engage. Saved Nyssa. They tranq Nyssa.

**Interesting that Nyssa still refers to Oliver as her husband. No annulments in Nanda Parbat?

Nyssa in a cell. Laurel asks where's the Lotus? Safe. Laurel asks how she can be so selfish? You have the cure? This isn't who you are. It's who your father was. But he's dead and you can finally be free.

Felicity asks Oliver any luck? No. He says we'll find the Lotus. We have to. Asks her if she's alright? She has a device from her father. He left it behind in Palmertech. He flunked the test with flying colors. My mother was smarter than me. She said people don't change no matter how much you want them to. Oliver says some people don't. John thinks I should kill Malcolm. She agrees. He knows all this.....but still holding out hope that Thea and Malcolm can have a relationship.

Malcolm is with Thea. She'll pass by sunrise. I'd like to be by her side. Oliver says give Nyssa the damn ring! He says Thea was 16 weeks when we first met. She stuck her tongue out at me. Oliver says a real father wouldn't let their child die just to hold on to power. Malcolm says that's not what I'm doing. This is bigger than us. The League is a force for change in the world and more powerful than you realize. The League cannot fall into Nyssa Al Ghul's hands! Malcolm asks if Oliver would lay down everything to save William's life. Yes, I know everything about you. You will never sacrifice your city and I'm making the same choice. Oliver looks for a 3rd choice. Suggests a Challenge to a trial by combat. We're all backed into corners here. Nyssa made her bed.

Rooftop. Oliver has ideas. Malcolm and Nyssa ready to battle. No removal of shirts. Oliver says hold! In the eyes of the League, this woman is my wife. As her husband, I wish to fight on her behalf. OHHHHHH!!!!!!!

***So THAT's why they kept specifying Oliver as her husband still. He would have this right.

Nyssa says I've never allowed anyone to fight my battles for me. Oliver will see justice done, if he has to choose between her life and his. Oliver takes a sword. Malcolm is disappointed. You've grown even more foolish with experience. Oliver says 3 years! Let's finish this. They fight. And Oliver is winning. Last chance, Malcolm, yield! Never. You must kill me. Spare me your false sympathy. Just do it! Oliver cuts off Malcolm's hand! With the ring on it. Then knocks out Malcolm. Picks up the ring and gives it to Nyssa for the Lotus. You are Ra's Al Ghul. She thanks him and puts the ring on. The League bows to her.

**Wow......did not see the amputation coming. Will they take Malcolm to a hospital to have it reattached, or is this his permanent punishment?

Thea given the Lotus. She sits up. Everything okay? Oliver asks how she feels. Tired, but..... Oliver says you're going to be fine. No more bloodlust. Laurel helps her out of bed and away.

Felicity gets a portable ramp from her father. She says I wanted to say goodbye. He doesn't understand. She says all I wanted to know was what was wrong with me that you'd leave. He says nothing. A life on the run wasn't what I owed you or your mother. She says I've waited my entire life for that explanation. And I don't know if I can believe it. Lance shows up to arrest him. Her father begs her don't do this.

Nyssa asks Laurel and Oliver to come to her. I allowed my father to turn me into someone I don't have to be. You showed me what needed to be done. Malcolm appears, too. Nyssa takes off the ring and tosses it into fire. Melts it. She disbanded the League. Released its forces. No one will be help prisoner by my father any longer. She leaves. Malcolm says he's not going to kill Oliver because death would be a mercy compared to the debt I now owe you! Oliver says don't you dare threaten me, Malcolm.

Oliver promises Taiana he'll help her friends. Ryder knows where to dig. At daybreak.

Oliver comes home. Asks Felicity if she feels better. She doesn't know why she's upset. I did the right thing, but the look on his face....it'l haunt me the rest of my life. He says don't think this thing with your dad is over. Closure doesn't come that easy. She asks if he's punishing himself for betraying Malcolm. Yeah. She says John is right. He asks will you marry me? This might be our window. Tell me why we're waiting? She says we'll have to plan it.

Malcolm meets Damian. With....information. I know who Oliver Queen cares about more than anything. It's not Felicity Smoak. Who? His son, William. OHHH!!!!!

Next week - A demo team in Star City.
Join the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment