Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

#Supernatural episode 11.14 - "The Vessel"

"The Vessel"

LUCIFER (AS CASTIEL) SENDS DEAN BACK IN TIME – Hoping to find a weapon powerful enough to defeat Amara (guest star Emily Swallow), Dean (Jensen Ackles) convinces “Castiel,” (Misha Collins) who is still Lucifer, to send him back in time to the last reported sighting of the Hand of God. Lucifer sees the potential in getting his hands on this weapon so goes along as Castiel and sends Dean to 1944 to the fated submarine mission that sunk the Hand of God. Meanwhile, continuing his charade with Sam (Jared Padalecki) while they wait for Dean’s return, Lucifer plans his next move. John Badham directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#1114). Original airdate 2/17/16.

Ep 14:

Nazi-occupied France, 1943. Officer on the phone. Woman waits for him. The bed is cold. He taps on a box. This is why I've come here. He says you're a bonus, but the treasure is this. She asks to see it? He says one little peek. She opens it. So, it's true. He kisses her neck. She pulls a pin out of her hair and stabs him in the neck. Then takes his knife and stabs him in the gut. The Men of Letters send their regards.

Dean walks into the kitchen. Sam says we're out of coffee. There was a half a bag yesterday! I killed it. Sam says Nazis had an archaeology division. He's been looking in history. the Vichy Memorandums. Memos refer to the Hand of God. Believed to retain traces of His power. If we're going to fight Amara, what better than an actual dose of His power? Sam says the Nazis searched, but never found the thief. She was a Woman of Letters.

Lustiel playing a computer game. Demon says there's no update on Amara. Another says we need direction. Any direction. We've had a coward and fool at the helm for too long. He lets Crowley speak. Crowley in chains. He tells them it's no way to speak to your master, Lucifer. Good doggie.

Sam reads a report from Clifford Henshaw. It's in French. They scan it into the computer. Dean has beer. you drank all the coffee. Delphine and Clifford were arranging for the weapon to be transported to the States. The sub never arrived. USS Bluefin was sunk. Sam says it's lost. Dean says or is it?

Weapons wheeled in to Lustiel. From his crypt. He picks up a spear. How are your wounds, doggie? Crowley says they're no less than I deserve. Lustiel says being scared is an act. You're just playing. Waiting for your moment. Am I right? Yes, sir. Then tell me, you've been watching my rule. What treasonous thoughts have been brewing in that little head of yours? Crowley says you're not strong enough. If you thought you could beat Amara, you'd be taking the fight to her right now. Lustiel admits he's right. It was a team effort. But all said, I'm still your master. Phone rings. Hello, Dean.

Bunker. Do you think we can use it against Amara? It's perfect. I can get you back there. Sam says there are risks with time travel. Dean says this is the ideal scenario. It's a milk run. Sam says that's not a good plan. Dean says Cas will zap me right back. You? You're not going. And I'm the least valuable player. Sam is not happy. Jules Verne - yes, no, who? LOLOLOL. Cas says he'll stay with Dean the whole time. Dean says I need to do this. Sam says be safe.

Dean on the sub. Cas? Men asleep in the bunks. Amidst the torpedoes. Cas?

Sailors goes to bunks. Dean hiding. Sees a symbol on a wall.

Sam reading. Cas enters soaked. Where's Dean? He got on, I didn't. I couldn't make it past the hull.

Sub. 1996 coin. Dean takes a sailor. Where's Delphine?

Sam says it has to be her. Leave a message where Dean can see it. Cas argues. Sam says send me. Cas is not acting like Cas. Sam says we can help. Has to be some way to clear the sidgils from outside. Don't worry. We'll bring him back.

Dean in uniform. He stole it from the sailor he accosted and stuffed in a bathroom.

Delphine wants a smoke. Cook says captain wants you to stay put. Takes her cigarette. Rants to Dean. LOL. He finds Delphine. She attacks him. Who are you? I'm a Man of Letters. Captain called to the room. Search him. Cook finds Dean's phone. Right.... Next thing he'll tell us is he's from space. Or the future. Dean says I am. Captain Dearborn, my name is Dean Winchester and I'm from the future on a mission I'm not at liberty to discuss. A German destroyer will find and attack this submarine and you will go down.

Captain tells Dean that you're a soldier gone AWOL, or a spy. Delphine wants to speak with Dean alone. No. She says what if he's right? Officer pulls Captain aside. Ship is closing in. Understood. Dean tells Delphine that the sidgil is not like any he's seen.

Captain clears the bridge.

Delphine says her mentor taught her the sidgil. Dean says it blocks angels. They're real. We have to clear them or I'm stuck here. I'm from the bunker. If you clear the way, I can get it there for you. Dean says the sub is going down, but the Allies do win. I'm fighting a war in the future. It's big, Biblical big, end of the world. That's why I came. Sailor says we all die? The whole crew? Yes. Dean says I know it's a lot to ask. She says you're Men of Letters. I trust you.

Sub dives.

Sam finds a spell. Spell of Gathering. Clears all mystical or occult blockages. Cas asks what are the ingredients? Sam says it requires the power of an archangel. Cas says we might as well try. Sam says we don't have time for long shots.

Delphine shows Dean the weapon. He says it doesn't look like much. She says it must have looked more impressive as the Ark of the Covenant. Don't touch it with your hands. Too dangerous for mortals. She leaves to take care of the sidgils. Sailor asks when do we win? Dean says 1945. You believe me? Kid reads a lot of Flash Gordon.

Sub is still trailed by the Germans. Battle stations! Delphine scrapes the sidgil.

Load aft torpedoes. Open rear door. Flood the tube. ready to fire. 800 yards and closing. In position, ready to fire. Captain, I've lost position. It's gone. Captain says find him! Ping! It's right on top of us. Captain says max depth and rig for silent running.

Dean asks what's happening? Sailor shushes him.

Leveling out at 300, sir. Delphine gets back to Dean. Unbuttons her shirt. Sidgil on her chest. Kill me. Kill me!

Depth charge in the water.

Dean says I can cut it. She says not with this. It lives and dies with me. Do it!

Depth charges explode. There's a leak.

Lustiel works on the spell. Sam says are you nuts? Sam says wait, you touched Bobby's soul for power in the past. Cas says that can be fatal. Sam says use me. it's worth the risk. I trust you. Lustiel laughs. I don't need you anymore. Dean's the one with the link to Amara. Why do I keep trying to spare you? I will do the spell and use your soul, and then when Dean returns and sees the room decorated with your guts, I'll tell him Dean, he wouldn't take no for an answer. Lucifer. In the flesh. He plunges his hand into Sam.

Lustiel pulls out. Hello, Castiel.

Hull breach. We're dead in the water. Captain.....Germans are sending a message. it's not for you. Delphine and Dean to the bridge. It's the guy she killed. He says you should've burned the body. Captain, you've taken damage you can't recover from. Surface now, relinquish the girl, and you'll get the highest POW treatment. Or, we'll sink you to the depths. You have 3 minutes to reply. Delphine says the Germans can't have this cargo. She tells Dean that killing me is your only way off the ship. Dean says no, teach me to use it. She says no, the weapon will consume you. We're supposed to die. Let us do it with a purpose. I'm going to get you home, and I'm going to get you and your men your first German ship.

Cas fights forward. I chose this. Sam says eject him now! I can't. It's taking all my strength to keep him from killing you. We need him to save Dean. Can can't time travel. Only Lucifer can.

It's time. Delphine holds the Hand. She's glowing. Drops it. Dean picks it up with the cloth. Fire in the control room. Depth charges go off. She glows. The light consuming her.

Dean home. Sam says Dean, that's not Cas! Lucifer says Cat's out..... LOL.

Lustiel tosses Dean. This deep cover thing wasn't well thought out. Teaming up with you two......working with you, that's the soul crusher. Dean gets a knife to Sam. Lustiel pins him to a wall. Lustiel touches the Hand. It's kicked. Delphine used it up. Sam banishes Lustiel with a blood sidgil.

Dock. Sam and Dean sit. So, Cas. Yeah. What do we do? Dean says what else? We hunt Lucifer, trap the bastard, and save Cas. Sam says Cas chose it. Dean says not possible. Sam asks him about today. Dean says I did nothing. They..... I was just a witness. Sam asks Want to talk about it? No. Story for another day. Dean asks about the German ship. Sam says it went down. Wreckage found with a giant hole. Like the fuel tanks ruptured. it sank. Sam leaves him.

We usually don't have classic French songs on here, heh.

Next week - pro wrestling. And Crowley vs. Lucifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment