Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

#Supernatural episode 11.15 - "Beyond the Mat"

"Beyond the Mat"

WWE CHAMPION MIKE “THE MIZ” MIZANIN GUEST STARS – Dean (Jensen Ackles) sees an obituary notice for a wrestler he and Sam (Jared Padalecki) used to watch when they were kids. Deciding they need a break from tracking the Darkness, the brothers decide to attend the funeral to pay their respects. The funeral is full of wrestlers, including Shawn Harley (guest star Mike “The Miz” Mizanin), a hot shot new wrestler with a fiery temper who pushes everyone’s buttons, and veteran wrestler Gunner Lawless (guest star Aleks Paunovic). Sam and Dean attend the next match to re-live one of their fondest childhood memories but when another wrestler turns up dead, play time quickly turns to work. Jerry Wanek directed the episode written by John Bring & Andrew Dabb (#1115). Original airdate 2/24/16.

Ep 15:

Pro wrestling match. Missouri. Hangman wins. But the opponent is struggling to breathe.
Locker room tiff. Keep a leash on your boy or he might get hurt.
Hangman gets hung in the dark locker room.

MOL HQ. Dean asks Sam if he remembers the wrestling matches Dad took us too? Hangman died. Funeral is less than a day's drive. Let's pay our respects. Sam says it's bad out there. Dean says we have jack. I'm burnt, man. We need to get out of here. Stretch our legs.

Lucifer reviewing things. Remember, Always Be Closing. Sooner you find another Hand of God, the happier I'll be. Search everywhere. Crowley still on the floor, cleaning it with a toothbrush. Lucifer says use your tongue. Demons watch Crowley lick the floor.

The service. Dean recognizes all the old wrestlers. Sam says they're all....broken. Dean's fanboying. I'm gonna say hi. LOL. Hi. Sir. He's babbling. I worshiped you growing up. When I was 10, I got my first B&E borrowing PPV so I could watch you. You were robbed, by the way. Sam recognizes a woman manager. you look great. You were y first crush. She asks if he had her poster above his bead. Why? No. LOL. She's behind the curtain now. Sam says it must be hard to see one go. She says we're like family, and I've seen too many of my boys put in the dirt. Can't believe he'd do this. What? Kill himself. It wasn't in the obituary. Family didn't want it advertised. Dean heard. Says there's a memorial show tonight. Sam says we should go.

The show. Sam says I remember these being grander. Dean teases him about the woman. Sam says they're only making $25 tonight. That's it? Man and son sit behind them. Sam says now that brings me back. Dean says don't ruin one of the nicest things Dad ever did for us, please.

Gunnar Lawless comes on stage. Dean cheers. Dean wants the glove. It goes to a little kid. Sam says maybe next time. Dean says it's fine. LOL. In the ring. Gunnar tossed out of it. Gets up. Hit with a chair. Back into the ring. Gunnar gets the crowd cheering. Gets the advantage on his opponent. Slams him to the mat. Ref calls it.

The dad stumbles outside to pee after seeing the line is long. Rustling in the bushes. He's killed bloodily.

Ambulance leaves. Sam talked to the cops. Tells Dean the body was marked. But what? The cuts look deliberate. Dean says you think this is a case? You think it's not? Sam will go back to the motel and research. Dean stays.

Looks for someone to talk to. No one there. Dean gets in the ring. Plays with the ropes. Lady comes in. Nice moves. Dean almost falls. LOL. Shows his FBI badge. He asks if she knew the deceased. She says sold him some tickets. She says maybe the boys are right. We really are cursed. Dean asks for a list of the whole crew. She says she can only afford to travel the boys. They'll be at the nearest bar.

Demon gets Crowley out. Now. He says he can't leave. She says you can, you still have friends. You're not a slave, a dog. You're Crowley, and the Devil should be afraid of you.

Dean at the bar. Wrestlers having a good time. Dean sits with Gunnar. Enjoy the show? It was great. After the show, not so much. Gunnar says it's a damn shame. Dean shows his badge. I hear this isn't the first murder. Gunnar says it's a tough crowd, inside and out. Shows a scar. Dean shows one on his leg. Gunnar shows another. But I'll be damned if I didn't always get back up. You have to keep grinding no matter what's in your way. Dean says damn, you're awesome.

Sam calls from the car. Every stop, someone's died. They all have the symbol. Even Hangman. It's ancient Sumerian. Said to pluck the spark of life. Dean says just get here.

Gunnar tells a wrestler to slow down on the booze. Young guy says you can't stand the thought of me stealing your thunder. He hits Gunnar. Do you need your go juice? I saw you and your dealer. She tells Harley to go sleep it off. Gunnar, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Dean helps Gunnar up. Why didn't you fight back? I got nothin to prove. Dean toasts over another shot. We're gonna need more shots. A lot more.

Crowley found. Fights his way out. How did you---? I'm Crowley.

Sam in the bar. It's closing up. Dean? Passed out. Dean! Dude, you okay? What happened? Mostly tequila. I bought drinks for all the wrestlers and they said you have to drink, too. I think I heard my liver screaming. He got them all but Harley. Dean almost passes out again.

Knock on Harley's motel door. Pick the lock. It's been ransacked. That's not good. Uh, you think?

Crowley dressed like himself again. Let's find the ace up my sleeve.

Sam finds security footage. Harley heads to his room. Van arrives. The Harley loaded into it. It's Gunnar.

Harley wakes up. Struggles in a chair. Yells out for help. Asks Gunnar what the hell is going on? I know I've been a dick, but I'm sorry. I took a cheap shot at you. Just don't hurt me. Please. Gunnar says it's not my call. Hello, Sean. I'm your new best friend. Red eyed demon!

Dean and Sam leave the motel.

Demon asks what do you want? Say the word and it's yours. Cuz you're a demon? Businessman. Think about it. You'll have the life you always wanted, and all I ask in return is-- My soul. And your service. I might ask for a teeny favor. The kill somebody kind. I like you. You're brash and hungry. Gunnar is what I like to call a satisfied customer. So, do we have a deal? No. Look, man, I've never been much for God or whatever. But if you're a demon, that means there's a Hell, and I'm not giving up my shot at Paradise for a belt I can win on my own. Demon threatens to sever his Achilles tendon. Makes the cut. Sean screams. Tells Gunnar you're up. Gunnar says he's just a kid. Demon says Do it.

Crowley's personal lock-up. Keepsakes, mementos. Why are we here? For this. The Rod of Aaron. Brother of Moses. Demon asks to touch it. Crowley says I don't think you can handle my rod? Lucifer says bet I can. Is it just me, or is it getting a bit phallic in here? *snerk*

Boys get to the Dixie Lager. Find Gunnar standing over Sean. Demon attacks them. Isn't this a fun surprise?

Lucifer says you really thought you could double cross me? Me? Of course, I couldn't have orchestrated all this without the lovely Simmons here. She hates you, BTW. They all hate you. Maybe once, you were the evilest evil that ever eviled, but now.....you're nothing but Dean Winchester's #1 fan.

Demon thought Dean and Sam would be....more. He orders Gunnar to kill them. Gunnar attacks Dean.

Lucifer knew Crowley was hiding something. Rather than beating it out of you, I let you lead me here. So, I'm gonna take this, and then I'm gonna take you. And no, puppy, you're not gonna like what comes next. Lucifer opens the chest. It's empty. Crowley is holding it. Uses it against them. You really think you could double cross me? ME! I perfected the double cross. Staff puts glowing light into Crowley. It tingles. Wonder what it can do to you? He fires at Lucifer. Simmons is gone.

Gunnar ties up Dean. Dean asks what's he got over you? Sold your soul, didn't you? Gunnar says 10 years ago, I wanted another shot at that belt. I was desperate and dumb. But you only held the title for a week. Desperate and dumb. Dean says it's never too late to do the right thing? You believe that? I have to. Hmm.

Crowley used all the mojo with that shot. Lucifer stands and grins. You made me bleed my own blood. You're outta juice, huh? Hits Crowley. Then Crowley's gone.

Sam asking the demon questions. Demon says with the Darkness out, it's every demon for themself. I'm delegating. That's what good managers do. Gunnar stabs him in the back with the demon knife. Sam helps Dean up. Hellhounds. Coming for Gunnar. Dean offers his gun. Gunnar says no. I've never been a good man. I hate the face in the mirror. I got this coming. Go. Get out. Now. Boys leave. Hellhounds get in.

MOL HQ. Dean is sad. Sam says Gunnar made a bad decision. We've been there. Dean says yeah, you, me, and Cas. We gotta keep grindin. And that's how we're going to win. We're going to win. Anyone that gets in our way? God help em. Damn right. Damn right.

Next ep - March 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment