Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

#TVD episode 7.11 - "Things We Lost in the Fire" #VampireDiaries

“Things We Lost In The Fire"

MICHAEL TREVINO RETURNS TO MYSTIC FALLS IN THIS EPISODE DIRECTED BY PAUL WESLEY — With the traumatic effects of the Phoenix stone taking a toll on his brother, Stefan (Paul Wesley) attempts to help Damon (Ian Somerhalder) regain his grip on reality, while secretly struggling with his own experience in the stone. Elsewhere, Matt (Zach Roerig) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) deal with the fallout after Julian (guest star Todd Lasance) and his men take over Mystic Falls, leading Matt to spiral out of control and into trouble with an officer named Penny (guest star Ana Nogueira). Meanwhile, Tyler (guest star Michael Trevino) returns to town for Alaric’s (Matt Davis) baby shower and Caroline (Candice King) makes an upsetting discovery involving Alaric and his future plan for the babies. Paul Wesley directed the episode written by Melinda Hsu Taylor (#711). Original airdate 2/5/2016.

Ep 11:

Damon covered in blood. Horrified at the dead friends and family. He tries to feed Matt his blood. Then runs to Bonnie. I'm so sorry. i didn't know where I was. I didn't know I was out. Caroline stakes Damon from behind.

Damon wakes? In chains. Saw this comin'.....

Underwater. Bonnie is heard chanting. Stefan's in the water. Stefan wakes. Hears Damon calling for him. In the hallway. Wanted to make sure you had a chance to calm down. Damon knows what he'll say. Stefan says no, it's not your fault. You get a pass. Damon's confused. Stefan says everybody understands. Hell Stone does a number on ya. Yep. Damon says I'm ready for my bro hug. Stefan says Post-Hell is much worse. Tyler comes in. It's Tyler's house. LOL. Caroline invited him to the baby shower. But didn't tell him about Mystic Falls. Damon asks Stefan what he isn't saying. Stefan says you've been gone for weeks.

Street racing. Julian's crew are rowdy boys.

Matt outside the city limits. Puts out a spike strip. Bonnie's trying to be positive about Damon. She sees that she and Matt were matched on a dating site! LOL. Cars coming. Hit the spike strip and stop. Bonnie and Matt take out the drivers. Matt kicks the vampire. She says let's get these bodies out of here.

Damon asks what happened to your hero hair campaign to save Mystic Falls? Stefan says you had no idea what I've been through.

Stefan says after Bonnie got him out, he wanted to celebrate with Caroline. They went to a nice restaurant. She asks if he's up to this. He says he's fine. Thank you. But he's not fine. Not listening. He hallucinates Damon and tries to attack, but it's just the waiter. Caroline stops him. Stefan says he's sorry.

Damon teases him. Says I have no desire to kill Caroline. I won't have a psychotic break. I promise! Stefan says you won't leave my side until you convince me you're okay. Prove it to me while I drive you around the new Mystic Falls. Stefan unlocks the chains. Ready? All good.

**Ah, PTSD......probably hard for any immortal to avoid at some point.

Caroline on the phone with Stefan. She says be safe today. He promises to.

Damon says Stefan is whipped. LOL. In the bar, vampires and dead humans. Stefan asks Damon what happened in Hell? Damon summarizes. Says he realized he had to tell Mommy he was sorry. Damon sees Henry. Asks Stefan how he survived. Julian comes over. Says I won't hurt your precious town. It was Lily's home once, now it's mine. Congratulates them for being back with the living. Good luck to you both. Damon sees Henry. Stefan asks what he's looking at? Damon walks out. Julian tells Stefan are you sure you're suited to be his wing man?

Baby shower. The men are trying to diaper dolls. LOL. Tyler and Matt failed. Spectacularly, lol. Alaric got it done. Caroline is impressed. She says once these babies are out, she won't be around to help him 24/7. He gets it. He's grateful. He says he doesn't expect the babies to be her problem. She says Baby A just kicked. Then Baby B. You can tell them apart? Of course.

Tyler and Matt. Tyler tells Matt to drink up. Matt says I'm on duty. Tyler says the town isn't worth getting killed over. Getting out is the best thing that happened to me. Nora arrives. Brought a present. Socks. Bonnie will get her a drink.

Damon outside the bar. Henry taunts him. Damon says leave me alone. Henry says you haven't completed your liberation. Damon rips the heart out - of a vampire. Stefan finds him. Ooops. We should probably skip the check. LOL.

**Okay, now Damon has to admit he's not 100% okay. Wonder if Stefan still hallucinates now?

**Candace looks so happy to be pregnant. It suits her. No idea how far along she was when they filmed this ep, but she looks good.

Bonnie takes the trash out. Matt grills her about Nora. Bonnie invited Nora. Nora is ready to leave. Bonnie says no, stay. Nora threatens Matt. Bonnie pleads with her to stop. Party was lovely. Thank you. Matt grabs a liquor bottle. Oy.

Stefan tells Damon it only gets worse from here. In the car. Stefan says you were everywhere. I couldn't sleep. Couldn't eat. Only constant I had was Caroline.

Caroline tells her he was drowning in the quarry. Damon was there. She asks then what? He doesn't want to talk about it. Damon appears. Stefan says you're not here. He tells Caroline to get out and throws a glass. She says stop, it's not real!

Stefan pushed her away. Barely noticed when Julian took over town. All I could say was you. Damon taunts him again. Figure out the Stone puzzle, I'll leave you alone. Until then....

Stefan says nothing else mattered. All I cared about was making you go away. Damon says so...? What'd you do? Stefan got gasoline and was going to burn Damon's body. Caroline catches him. Stefan doesn't want him to come back. She says you love your brother. You'd rather die than let him go. Without her, I would've set your body on fire to end my suffering.

A bat smashes through the car window!

Stefan wakes. Asks Damon if he's okay? Damon says I'm not the one you should worry about. Should've left me at the Grill. Julian pulls Stefan out. Stefan says Damon didn't know what he was doing. Damon's not in the car. Julian says you were alone. Talking to yourself. Perhaps that Stone isn't finished with you, after all. If you hurt one of my men again, I'll gut one and feed the other your entrails.

Tyler meets with Damon. I need to see Elena. Tyler says no. You made me swear not to let anyone see her, especially you. I know you're sick. Where is Stefan? Damon says take me to see my girl. Just a little visit, okay?

Matt on the road. Almost runs into another car. Officer pulls him over. Nice truck, Matt. It's a woman. He shows her his badge. She says you're drunk. Step out of the car, please, now. Opens the door.

Shipping containers. Tyler opens one. Coffin inside. Damon pulls it out. Tyler backs up. Damon sees Henry. Tyler shoots Damon. Damon beats his head off the pavement until there's blood.

**No Tyler/Caroline interaction so far. Shame if they don't at least hug or something. He cared enough to come to town for the party.

Stefan comes to the party. Has Damon been here? I lost him. Caroline pulls him away. She says it's happening again. She says it's okay. He says no, I'm not, and neither is he.

Damon sees Henry again. you're denying your nature. You haven't let go of what's holding you back. The Stone frees you to be reborn as your true self.

Caroline says you never told me what happened, something you won't admit. Let me help you! You have to tell me. It's the only way we'll get through it. You can't go on like this. Stefan says he was in a repeating loop of misery. Damon dragging me into the quarry. We were drowning together. He'd drag me down. And every time I tried to save him, I died, too. I could only escape if I let him go. I abandoned him. I let my brother drown to save myself. She says that's why you're hallucinating him? He says the Stone is trying to prove a point. I'll never be happy until Damon is out of my life for good. She asks if he really believes that?

Damon has gasoline. Pours it in the coffin. Lights it. Henry is behind him. I promised you liberation. She held you back from being the monster you really are. NO! Damon can't get to Elena's body. Watches her burn in the coffin.

**Let's hope that Tyler brought Damon to an empty coffin. Of course we know Elena wouldn't be gone like that.

Bonnie finds Nora. I was trying to be nice to you. Nora found a postcard in her mail. Bonnie didn't send it. Nora says it's a warning from the Huntress. The sword is custom made for her. Once you've been marked by it, she never stops coming. Bonnie says if my friends lives are in danger, I won't stand by and do nothing.

Officer has Matt in jail. He's free to go, but doesn't want to leave. She's kind. Says it's weird everyone has given up on your town. One last thing....what the hell did we find in your truck? Uh oh..... His bag of weapons.

Caroline finds a letter to Alaric. He comes in. Caroline asks where are the keys to the laundry room? Then rambles about the car seats. And the monitor. He asks if she's okay? She shows him the letter. When were you going to tell me you're leaving? When I officially got the job. I'm not raising my kids anywhere near vampires. I'm sorry. I thought..... I thought you weren't going to be involved. She says no, they're yours and Jo's. It's smart. Safety first. You and your babies should get as far away from here as you can.

Stefan finds Damon at the house. Stefan says I let you go in my Hell. The only way to escape was to turn my back on you. Damon says of course. You have to leave me in your wake. My true self is dark, brother, and all that light keeps getting in the way, keeping me from what I truly am. Stefan says you're also my brother. I'm not going to give up on you. You're stuck with me, Damon. I need you to know that. Damon says I.... What? You can tell me. Damon says we're out of bourbon. That it? That's it. Here's to drowning together.

3 years from now. Caroline's tape is still running. A man with a gun. Matt finds Caroline. What are you doing here? He tells her to get up. She thanks him. He say you can go now. He's helping the Huntress. Your problems don't mean anything to me. Go, and stay out of sight until the Huntress gets what she wants.

Next week - Damon and Julian. Fight club.

Join the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment