Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

#Arrow episode 4.19 - "Canary Cry"

"Canary Cry"

OLIVER, LANCE AND TEAM DEAL WITH LAUREL'S DEATH - Oliver (Stephen Amell) and the team struggle to come to terms with Laurel's (Katie Cassidy) death, especially Diggle (David Ramsey) who is overwhelmed with guilt for choosing to believe Andy (guest star Eugene Byrd) had changed. Meanwhile, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) refuses to believe his daughter is really gone and asks Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) to help bring her back. A recent Black Canary sighting in Star City only seems to prove his theory that Laurel isn't actually dead. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#419). Original airdate 4/27/2016.










Image credit: The CW



Episode 19:

Casket carried at the funeral. Priest talks. Oliver Queen will deliver the eulogy. Are you ready? He's not there. May 2013. Laurel talks about Tommy at Tommy's funeral. I loved him. I loved him in every way you could love someone. Oliver watching. And so did Oliver. And I'm sure if he could be here today, he would say so, but clearly it's too painful.

Quentin in the hall. Walks past Oliver. Looks at all their faces. Where is she? Into her room. Oliver tells the doctor it's her father. He takes the bag of belongings. Quentin talks to Laurel. Then walks out.

Arrow cave. Diggle called Lyla. Oliver staring at the mannequin. Lyla and Sara are at an ARGUS safe house. Carly and little Andy are being watched over. Oliver tells Diggle to please don't blame himself. Diggle says Laurel would be alive right now. Mayor Adams camp announces Laurel's death. Alex addressing the press.

Weapons in a trunk. Canary cry used on the criminals. She grabs the bag from the trunk.

Felicity and Thea and Diggle arrive. Oliver says Darhk is out there. They agree they need to get him, but we haven't put her in the ground, yet. Lance comes in with the paper. Felicity pulls of footage. Lance thinks maybe Laurel is not gone. Oliver checks the bag. Diggle says this is different. Oliver says the sonic device is missing. Lance thinks Laurel took it. With everything we've seen.... Diggle says no one else is supposed to be able to use the device.

Lance goes to the morgue with Oliver. Her body is in the drawer. Lance leaves. Oliver nods to put her away again. Thanks the doctor for her discretion through all this. Doc says she helped this city. Least I can do is help her and you. We operated on Laurel Lance. Injured in a prison riot. Oliver brings up the sonic device taken from her room. Can you put me on a path? Doc says a frequent flyer. A patient that keeps coming into the ER. Something off about her. She can't tell him the name.

Flashback. Oliver in Laurel's hall. She asks him in. He doesn't think it's the best idea. She says she's sorry they didn't let Moira attend. It was a nice service. He says he stayed up all night, filling page after page with stories of us, but I didn't have the right to say those things. She says Tommy loved you. He says I failed him. I came back from that island with another chance. To help people and make the city better, and I couldn't, and now Tommy's dead. She says you can't blame yourself. He says you'd blame me too if you knew the truth. What truth?

Felicity looking into the woman. Dig? You said you'd never forgive yourself. He says Andy has been helping Darhk the whole time. Oliver warned me. She doesn't know what to say. He says there's nothing to say.

Thea and Alex. Restaurant. She says you never told me why you became a political operative. Woman attacks Alex in the canary uniform and beats him up. Thea tackles her and takes the mask off. Canary cry tosses her. Woman runs. Thea checks on Alex. Then calls Oliver.

Green Arrow tracking the woman. She's trapped. He asks why she's dressed like a friend of mine? Canary Cry. She says you didn't care about any of us! You left us at Reddington! You left us to die! You failed this city. She climbs over a fence and runs after blasting him with the Canary Cry several times.

Arrow Cave. The girl is using it at much higher than decibels than Laurel ever did. Reddington is where Darhk held you hostage. Shark family. Man and wife found after Christmas dead of hypoxia. Oliver says the girl told me I failed this city. She's not wrong.

Nyssa with Quentin. In Laurel's apartment. She says the world will be a darker place without Laurel. He's gathered her things. She says I destroyed the Pit months ago. He says there has to be something else. I'll find another way to bring her back.

Felicity finds Oliver in the abandoned campaign HQ. He's beating himself up. I came up short for that girl and for Laurel. She feels it, too. She couldn't absolve John. Saved me from blaming me. I wasn't there with the team in the bunker. Maybe she'd still be here. He says I blame myself in situations like this because at least it's an answer. Sometimes we need a reason when it's completely unreasonable. Thea calls. John is missing.

Rive's limo. Spartan fires at the driver and guard. Tells her to get out. She says I am the mayor of this city! He doesn't care. She asks if she can help with something. He hits her. Stop lying! Maybe you can give your husband a message for me. Let him know I'm not playing games anymore. Oliver stops him. She runs. John says he's so angry he can hardly breathe. Every minute he's out there is another minute he can hurt someone i love. Oliver says this isn't who you are. John says all I know is I have to find my brother. Oliver says finding Andy won't bring Laurel back. She'd tell you that you cannot forget who you are, and we can never become them. Oliver leaves. Diggle's crying.

Arrow cave. Guys return. Evelyn Sharp still out there. Rive gives a conference about the vigilantes. Calls them criminals. They were confirmed to be at Iron Heights when beloved ADA Laurel Lance died. Tonight I ask DA Wallace to issue arrest warrants for these vigilantes, beginning with Mr. Davis's attacker, the Black Canary.

Continuing speech. Oliver says turn it off. Thea will call Alex. Oliver says we need to find Evelyn. Phone buzzes.

Nyssa meets with Oliver about Lance. He thanks her for letting him know. She asks if he's alright? He's not. Talks about Darhk and his wife. Doesn't seem right.

Flashback. Oliver and Laurel a week after Tommy's death, at her place. Looking at photos. Tommy loved you so much. She won student body president senior year. He says it's easy to buy people off. You did all the hard work. She says we always made a great team. She was thinking about what he said in the hall. We can still make the city a better place. He says Laurel Lance, always trying to save the world. She says we can do it together. They kiss. She's excited about the future, Ollie.

Lance and Oliver. He says there's no League in there. Laurel's gone and there's no bringing her back. Quentin says you have no idea what it's like to lose a child! Oliver says I've lost a father and mother and Laurel. If there was a way, I'd find it and do it, but there isn't, for either of us. Quentin says she's always been there! She's my rock! She was my rock. Oh God. Oh no. I can't do this. He weeps.

Felicity and John. She apologizes. I shouldn't have let you think you had anything to do with Laurel's death. He insists if I listened to Laurel, she'd be alive. I don't get how I could be so blind. She says we make exceptions for family. He says he's always telling Oliver to not do that. She says yet you're blaming yourself. Get an illegitimate kid and you're doing a fantastic Oliver Queen impression. What happened was not your fault. Laurel would want you to know that. Evelyn's outside a hotel. Rive is there. In that mask, in that costume, she'd be killing Laurel's legacy.

They look for Evelyn. Rive is told to go to a secure location. She says no, let her come, let her try.

Felicity tells Oliver where Evelyn is. He confronts Evelyn. You want revenge on HIVE, but this isn't the way. She says it's the only way I have left. She uses the Canary Cry, then shoots Green Arrow. He says this isn't how this is done. You saw the real Canary was a hero. What would the Black Canary want you to do? Rive's almost laughing. Evelyn drops the gun. People run. Rive says arrest him! Green Arrow escapes through the glass ceiling. "Seen this movie before." LOL.

Arrow Cave. Staring at Laurel's costume. Diggle thinks Laurel would like that she inspired someone. Thea says how can you say that? As far as the rest of the world is concerned, the Black Canary is a gun toting murderer. Oliver says we won't let that happen.

Dinah says how are we here again? Our girls always come back to us. He says I'm sorry, but she's gone. She's not coming back. Oliver asked to say a few words. Doesn't seem right. I knew Laurel Lance for almost her entire life. She was my friend and I loved her. She loved me, too. She became a lawyer to help people, to give a voice to the silent. But being a lawyer wasn't enough. She loved this city so much. She was an ADA, but that's not why she was at Iron Heights. Laurel Lance was the Black Canary, and for the past few days, people have tried to paint her as a criminal. She was a hero. And if she were here, she'd expect us to live up the example she set. She'd want us to save our city.

Flashback. Laurel picks up a letter. Oliver wrote it. Left her the photo. He went away. Flying to Lian Yu. Never doubt my love for you. You've always seen the best in me because you were always the best of me. All my love, Oliver.

Barry joins Oliver at the grave. Sorry I missed the funeral. Oliver says it's my responsibility to end it. I'm going to kill him. Barry speeds away after Oliver says he wants to be left alone. He kneels at the headstone. Dinah Laurel Lance, 1984 - 2016.

He gets in the limo with Felicity. Are you okay? Are you? No. She says you know what you have to do, right? You have to kill the SOB. He knows. He doesn't know how. He's too strong. Seen it on Lian Yu, and it's not just magic. It's darkness. Whenever I've come against it, I've gone nowhere. He feels unstoppable. She says if Darhk wins, Laurel died for nothing. You have to find a way now, for Laurel, for the city, for all of us.

Next ep - Going to any lengths. Darhk begins Genesis. Andy tortures Diggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment