Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

#TVD episode 7.21 - "Requiem for a Dream" #VampireDiaries

"Requiem for a Dream"

THE PLAN TO SAVE BONNIE TAKES AN UNEXPECTED TURN IN THIS EPISODE DIRECTED BY PAUL WESLEY - When Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) risky attempt to save Bonnie (Kat Graham) takes an unexpected turn, the consequences of his actions forces everyone to band together to help her pull through. Meanwhile, when a new threat leaves Caroline's (Candice King) life in jeopardy, Stefan (Paul Wesley) makes a rash decision that ultimately forces them to face the fallout from their relationship. Elsewhere, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) tries to hold it together as he painfully watches Bonnie in the fight of her life, while Matt (Zach Roerig) takes matters into his own hands to save one of his closest friends. Matt Davis also stars. Paul Wesley directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Neil Reynolds (#721). Original airdate 5/6/2016.

Episode 21:

Bonnie awake. Enzo, Caroline, Ric. How you feeling? Bonnie says different. Thirsty and starving. Caroline gets her a glass of water. Bonnie wants a bourbon neat. Enzo pours. What should we drink to? She smashes it on his head and pushes his body in the fire. Then decapitates Caroline. Damon arrives. What's happening? Enzo says nothing, because Bonnie won't wake up.

Damon tells them about Rayna screwing them over. Shaman vanished. He doesn't know why she's not waking up. Enzo says waking up means she'll have to kill us. Maybe not waking up is because she's Bonnie.

Caroline and Ric preparing a room for Bonnie. Ric has chains. Caroline says no. Then he's not leaving. I'm the one person Bonnie won't kill on sight. Let me stay and help. Caroline insists she's the best person for Bonnie to see when she wakes. Get on the flight. I'll come home, I promise. We'll get through this.

Matt in his office, looking at Penny's file. Deputy asks if there was a break in the case? There's activity at the Salvatore house. Matt will take care of it.

Stefan answers his phone. Damon's left 9 messages. Stefan doesn't want to be around Bonnie. But he does have an idea. He tells Enzo and Damon that Rayna didn't want to kill me. So we have to convince Bonnie that not all vampires should die. Caroline says I'll do it.

Stefan lurking behind Caroline. She doesn't want him around.

Caroline goes in Bonnie's mind. Ric's class at the college. He's giving a lecture on vampires being real. Bonnie sees vampires feeding on students. Ric eggs her on to kill vampires. She says this isn't real and runs into her room. Vampires beating on the door. Then quiet. Caroline arrives. I'm in your head. Your body is safe in Damon's bedroom. Stay focused on me, your friend. Bonnie hugs her. Says something's messing with my head. Caroline tells her it's your brain rewiring to become a hunter. You have to resist. Focus on who I am, not what I am. I have kids now. Open your eyes and have dinner with us. We miss you so much. Bonnie asks if the kids know? Caroline says no, not yet. We're waiting to talk about the birds and the bees first. LOL. Bonnie asks if she admires their necks at night? Caroline says that's gross. Bonnie taunts her. Bonnie stakes Caroline.

Caroline has a mark now. Tell me this isn't real. He says it's real. Stefan says if Bonnie wakes up, you're the first person she kills.

Stefan wants Caroline to talk to him. Get as far away from Bonnie as you can starting now. He's lived through this before. She says I even called Klaus for help! Who is nowhere to be found, by the way. Stefan drugs Caroline when she tries to walk away.

Matt arrives. Enzo confronts him. Bonnie is comatose on Damon's bed. She's hanging on by a thread. Matt says she's in this situation because of you and Damon. Penny knew that. We had to make a stand. Enzo says how'd that work out? You can storm in there, or table your feelings until your friend is awake. Your choice.

Damon with Bonnie. If I'm your last lifeline, we're screwed. Enzo sits with her and enters her mind.

High school. Bonnie in cheerleader uniform. She kills vampire teenagers. Enzo claps. She rushes to him and hugs him. She asks why we're walking around the old high school? He asks the same question. She says I'm looking for something to hold on to. The spell is overriding who I was, who I am. He says you're looking in the wrong place, love. They enter a classroom. He says remember us instead. When we wrote music together, you fell in love with a vampire. Play that song and you'll have something to hold onto, like I do. She says she's always wanted to be loved like he loves her. I'd rather have those memories than a future where I destroy them. She's willing to die rather than except Rayna's life. I love you, but this is my choice, and I've already made it. Get out of here and let me go. He's sorry. He can't leave her. She hits him with the guitar and stakes him with it.

Now he's marked, too. Damon says when she wakes up, your relationship is officially on the rocks. Enzo says she's fighting it, but not the way we want her to. If waking means killing us, she'd rather slip away.

**There's been a lot of talk about next season, but honestly, none of that actually rules out Bonnie dying for good this season and Kat moving on. Saying season 8 would be her last doesn't mean she's scripted to be in it. The writers haven't made the season 8 plot outline, yet, so everything is still unknown.

Caroline wakes. In a motel? Next to the airport. Stefan says good, you're up. We get moving and stay moving now. She says there is no we. He says you want to go alone, that's your choice. She says you usually respect choices. He says not when it comes to life and death. She says she'll make this choice without him. He says involving your family only endangers them. She leaves.

Damon and Stefan on the phone. Hero never gets the girl. Damon says be who you are. The guy in love with Caroline Forbes. Sometimes you have to go to those extremes. Stefan says that's terrible advice. Damon says it's so good, I'm taking it myself. Hangs up. Bonnie, it's time to be me.

Bonnie wandering the streets. Up to Elena's house. Damon says you're not the imaginary pizza guy. She says leave me alone. You're the last person I want to see. He says you can't see Elena again and neither can I. until.... He says thank you for fighting the good fight. It's going to make me a happy man. Least I could do is say thank you. He offers the letter to her again. She tears it up. Not good enough. Never has been, never will be. Damon says I memorized it. I never would've pulled you off that street in Amsterdam. That's why we're on this porch. Elena and I kissed, and she told me she loved me, and she took the cure, and here is where you give me Elena back. She calls him a monster. Attacks him.

He says sorry Bon-Bon. Had to get you awake somehow. Catch me if you can.

**Yeah, if you won't live for love, you'll live for hate.

Airport motel. Caroline in the parking lot. She tells Stefan you're right, I'm not safe. He says I've been there. She is even more furious with him for making the decision without her. He says I saw you in Dallas with you and the kids and you were happy. I convinced myself it was the right thing and I'm sorry. Just don't tell me you wouldn't do the same thing. Says he loves her. You getting hurt is not an option I'm willing to entertain. She says I loved you and you left me. He knows. All I can say is I'm sorry and hope you forgive me one day. Bonnie calls. I can see you, feel you. I know exactly where you are. I'm not in control. I'm going to come for you. Please don't let it come to that. Caroline tells Stefan okay, we run.

Damon asks her how it feels to be alive. Your skin has never looked better. She has him on speakerphone while she's carving stakes in the kitchen. She knows he's in the woods. I can sense what you're feeling. You meant what you said on Elena's porch. He says he said what he did to get her to wake up. And don't actions mean more than words? She says You saved me because if you didn't, Elena would never forgive you. He says kill me and Elena will never forgive you. Bonnie says I'll never have to explain myself to her. Matt confronts Bonnie. He refuses to believe the girl that bought him his first football when he was 9 will do this and kill all their friends. She says help me, then. Keep me connected. Can't promise it'll work but I'll try. He agrees. Get in the truck and we'll go somewhere safe. Bonnie says one condition. I need to kill Damon first. He's ruined our lives and will do it again. He killed your sister because he was bored. Matt says he's in.

**Official convention in Burbank June 24-26. creationent.com. I think it's the same hotel Creation has used for cons before. I attended a scifi con years ago there.

Damon says you caught me. She's armed. Matt is setting up a perimeter as we speak. He says you have a 60% chance of taking friendly fire. She starts throwing things at him. And says every hateful thing at him she could think of. Attacks and he runs.

Caroline crying on the phone. She talked to the girls. When are you coming home, Mommy? She says that's what I need to talk to Daddy about. Ric tells them to go back to bed. He says come home, we'll deal with this. We'll run as a family. She says stop being so supportive. Yell at me. If I'd left when I had the chance.... He asks where will they go, wait, don't tell me. I love you. She knows. I'll call when I get a chance.

Bonnie hunting Damon. Fires the shotgun. Beats on him. He runs again. Pulls the bolt out of his shoulder. She says giving up already? He says you're walking into my trap. Her grave. Remembrance Day. You're a survivor. You'll get through this. She says I'm not the one that needs to worry. He brought her to the stump because if he has to die, he wants it here in honor of her. I still care about you! Stop! She attacks him again. He says you died, we mourned you, and you came back. You've been so many things. Every time, you've come back stronger. Do you know how incredible that is? How much i envy you? I believe in you. And I love you, the same way Elena loved you. And if you kill me right now, it's not your fault. I did this to us. But please forgive me before you do what you have to do. Okay? She's crying and pulls back. Raises the stake. Matt fires tranqs into her back. Damon looks surprised.

Damon says you're a better shot than Forbes ever was, may she rest in peace. Matt says he did it for Bonnie, not for you. She'd never forgive herself. I'd never forgive myself. If you want to thank me, figure out how to fix her.

Caroline and Stefan heading to Maine. He says you can't put these decisions off. She says fine, we'll go to Nova Scotia. Happy? He says not that decision. Do you love him? She says I don't know. Can you love someone and leave them behind right when you need each other the most? Just don't. Ask me anything about travel and Bonnie. Just please don't ask me to make THAT choice right now.

Matt driving in the rain. Bonnie tries to choke him. Gets the cuffs off and gets into the driver's seat.

Enzo joins Damon. Bonnie's alive. All that matters to me. Damon says I couldn't get through to her. Enzo says the shaman was willing to talk. Damon says tell me you have a way to help her. He says maybe. Maybe not.

Bonnie's linked to the everlasting. Sever the link, sever the curse. But it's in the Armory. Damon says piece of cake. Enzo reminds him of why Bonnie sealed it shut. Damon says evil be damned. We'll open it back up.

Armory is full of death.

Next ep - Stefan and Damon in the Armory. Damon enters the Vault.

No comments:

Post a Comment