Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

#TVD 8.4 - “An Eternity of Misery” #VampireDiaries #RIPTyler

“An Eternity of Misery”

A SUPERNATURAL ORIGIN STORY — Tasked with finding a mysterious artifact, Damon’s (Ian Somerhalder) latest mission takes him to Texas where a violent run-in with Peter Maxwell (guest star Joel Gretsch) leads to a surprising revelation. Meanwhile, after gaining the upper hand in their fight to save Damon and Enzo (Michael Malarkey), Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Alaric (Matt Davis) team up and uncover the origins of the mysterious force they’re up against. Finally, Matt (Zach Roerig) returns to the fray after his past and present collide in an unexpected way. Candice King also stars. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Neil Reynolds (#804). Original airdate 11/11/2016.

Episode 4:



750BC. Tell me a story? Something happy? A long time ago in a village, lived a man Arcadius. King to his friends. Gentle man, loved and respected. He could see into the minds of others. The first psychic. This power cost him his life. He told a man the thing he wanted was impure, forbidden. He overstepped. Fearing his power, people turned against him and he saw true evil. They burned him at the stake. The girl says I asked for a happy story. The older sister says he had his revenge, and some day, so will we.

Stefan wakes to a phone ringing. Hey. Caroline. He crashed in the Armory. Bonnie's with Enzo. Going to take a couple more days to start getting through to him. Caroline is worried about him talking to Sybil.

Georgie came in. Ric tells her to take the day off. finally gets her to go. Stefan is worried that's there's no word from Damon.

Damon stops his car. Finding a welder. I need to talk to Peter Maxwell. What brings you out here? Damon says Sybil wants to talk to him, so here I am. Man says that gal is screwing with your head. You have no idea. Lou has been married 5 times. Damon says you do get me. Lou gets nervous. Damon compels him to tell the worst thing he's ever done. Lou murdered one of his wives and made it look like an accident. So Damon lights him on fire.

Sybil humming. Stefan strikes the tuning fork. Ric asks why does it hurt you and my kids? Stefan strikes it again. Why is Damon still your puppet? She says if Damon is serving me, deep down he wants to. Aren't you curious who I am? Stefan says no. I want to save my brother. She says the answer is a story about me. A long time ago in a Mediterranean village, there was a little girl. She was a psychic. And exiled. A raft carried her to a cold and distant shore. But, alone she was not. An older teen finds her. Exiled together, two sisters in everything but blood. Destined to become the Sirens. I understand why you'd do anything for your brother because my sister will do anything for me. There are 2 of us. Me in here and her out there.

Strike the fork again. Sybil says it's overkill. She says all the myths mention Sirens plural. Stefan asks who is she?! She promises you'll find out soon enough.

Georgie breaks into Ric's place. Alarm beeping. She's searching for the books. Nanny catches her. Oh, the intern. Georgie, right? Break into houses often? Georgie says Ric asked her to bring the book to the office and I didn't ask for the key. Nanny wants to call Ric. Georgie grabs her wrist and stops her.

Peter shows up. Damon won't let him run. That extinguisher isn't going to work. I can't kill you, yet. Ever meet a girl named Sybil? Pete calls him insane. Damon compels him to tell the truth. Pete says everything you say sound crazy. Take what you want and go. Damon doesn't know what he's looking for. A Maxwell family heirloom. So, where should we start looking? Pete only has a son. His grandmother died and she left a box of stuff. I never opened it. It's in the storage room. My son was looking for it, maybe he found it. Damon says call him.

Ric takes the call. Stefan strikes the fork. Sybil says hurting me won't speed this up. She gets back to the story. The girls were constantly hungry. The older girl had a plan. Call out to them. Raise your voice and your mind will soar to them. They call a boat for help. The younger girl is happy, we're saved. The girl of the island knew better. She did this before. The ship was dashed upon the rocks. But their provisions would wash up on shore. Younger girl says you knew this would happen. The girl of the island says this is easier and more fun. Those men were from the village that exiled us. Younger girl says never again. If we can't live off the land, we are not meant to live at all. Promise me.

Sybil says our story is your story. So which girl are you?

Damon playing pinball. Pete brings him a hood ornament. Pete says I'm doing what you asked. Damon says you keep bringing me junk. Where'd you get that watch? Son gave it to me. It burns Damon's hand. You're on vervain. You lied to me, Pete. He stabs Pete and gets shot. By MATT! Dad!

**WHOA......... Did you always wonder who Matt's dad was? We saw his mom and sister, but never much mention of a father. So this is where Matt Donovan went. Good job casting an actor with a good resemblance. Doesn't it bug you when a show casts people that could never be related visually?

Matt looks at the wound. Keep some pressure on it. You'll be fine. Do exactly as I say. I need you to drink his blood. Pete asks what just happened? Matt says Damon is not dead, not exactly. I know this doesn't make sense. Go to the truck and I'll explain everything. I don't want you to see what comes next.

Selene tells Ric that Georgie broke in and stole a book. Ric thanks her and hangs up. Noises. Looks for Georgie. She locks him in the vault.

Stefan says we were not enemies until you took Damon. Sybil says you sound just like her. God did not provide, so the sister had to work. There were no provisions on the ships. Only sailors. Her sister forced her to adopt her lifestyle. So, I ask again. Which girl are you? Stefan says Damon is forgiven. He is my brother and there's nothing you can ever do to change that. Sybil says you overestimate your sibling and clearly I have underestimated mine. Georgie drugs Stefan.

**Are there 2 Georgies or did she play Ric this whole time with the intern thing and story of dying and knowing she'll go to Hell and the tattoo and stuff?

Stefan wakes up on the island. Hey, sailor? Sybil is in his head. Your silly fork stopped ringing. Nowhere to run. Walk with me. Boss has other plans for you. He thinks you're worthy of hearing the whole story. Shall we continue? The sisters were cannibals. One ignorant until she discovered it, the burial place of all the villagers. Sybil says she tried so hard. my sister forced this on me. So which siren is your spirit animal, Stefan?

Damon chained up. Thinks Matt won't kill him. All I'm getting from you is desperation. Matt doesn't care. Why did you try to kill my father? Damon didn't know. If you don't play along, Tyler dies. Matt says no one will forgive you for that. Damon says Elena and I are through. In fact, I've been seeing another woman. I ripped into Tyler's throat last night and left him bleeding right across the border. Your move, Matt. Matt hits him. If you hurt Tyler, I swear to God I will kill you. Damon says He's not the one listening.

Ric makes a recording on his phone. Georgie is the second siren. Tells about the way out. blindfolding is easy. Hearing part is tough. Nothing vampire blood can't fix on the B side. He pierces his eardrum!!!

Sybil had to hear the truth from her sister's mouth. I confronted her. Should've seen the look on her face. Here she comes now. You've met my sister, Selene.

Georgie calls Selene. Ric is trapped. Why did you make me do that? Selene says pull over and she'll explain later. Girls ask for a story. Selene wants to tell them the story Sybil told us.

**So that answers the Georgie question. She was compelled. Sybil did says the name Selene sounds Siren-y. She warned them, if they'd been listening.

Damon struggles and calls for help. Guess it's time for plan B. He rolls to the shelving. And knocks it over on himself. Plan B always sucks. He finds a ball. I've been looking all over for you. Sybil's going to be very happy to see you.

Selene is the other siren? Get out of my head now. Sybil says you assume I'll let you remember this. Sorry. Orders from below. Stefan wakes. What did you do to me? She asks what do you remember? You confronted your sister. She turned you into a cannibal. Who is my sister? I don't know. How frustrating. He asks why didn't she escape? She wouldn't leave him with a cliffhanger. I was about to tell you how to save your brother. Answer me. Who are you in the story? A victim, or are you the monster? He says old history. She says answer me, who are you? Stefan says I'm both. She says I was wrong about you. You are worthy. You're ready for the truth.

When I learned the truth, I threw myself off the cliffs. Dying, I prayed. God never answered me. Instead, he did.

Selene asks the man Who are you? Arcadius? Cade. You were supposed to be dead. He says I am. Can you help my sister? Yes, but there is a price. Anything. Sybil says her sister made a deal with Cade. We feast on the flesh to keep us beautiful and he collects the souls of the wicked in Hell. Stefan says literal Hell. Just tell the truth. Asks what is Cade? Who is he? She says the answer to your problems. You want to save your brother, Stefan? All you have to do is kill the Devil.

Stefan doesn't believe her. Hell the Devil, none of it exists. She says facts are true whether you believe in them or not. There was a man named Cade. He saw his people for what they were. Monsters. He let out a psychic blast so powerful it created a world. Call it Hell if you want. Either way, that's where he feeds on the damned. He's waiting for you, Stefan. Stefan says stop making this about me. She says it is about you. You think you can escape the fate you deserve? The great ripper of Monterrey? He says I'm not that person anymore. She says that stain is always on your soul. Stop fighting. Stefan says I made Damon what he is, so damn me, not him. She says Damon's fate is already sealed. he chose to serve Cade rather than spend eternity in torment. He believes in Hell and you will, too. You're just as doomed as he is.

Ric gets out. Clock tower of Mystic Falls.

Matt and his father. Matt told him about vampires. Pete remembers a glass of vervain keeps the vampires away. She was senile at the end. I don't expect you to forgive me for abandoning you. Matt says we should've gotten out of that town when we had the chance. Parks the truck. Opens the Mustang trunk. Tyler's eyes are open. Matt starts crying. Sobbing. Falls to the ground. Pete sits with him. Holds him.

**That's the end of Tyler? Seriously?

Georgie tried to free the girl in the cell and she told me to tell you to piss off. She doesn't need your help. Selene apologizes. But I really do have to kill the messenger. That girl you killed, kind of a deal breaker. Send Cade my regards. She kills Georgie.

Georgie wakes and sees Selene feed on her body. She's sucked into Hell. Like we saw before!

Next ep - We have to put Damon down. I might lose him forever. Plus, Tyler's funeral.


No comments:

Post a Comment