Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

#Arrow 5.9 - “What We Leave Behind” live blog #LaurelLance #ArrowMidseasonFinale

“What We Leave Behind”

PROMETHEUS MAKES A DEADLY MOVE AGAINST OLIVER AND THE TEAM — After Prometheus attacks Curtis (Echo Kellum), Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes Prometheus knows all of Team Arrow’s secret identities and is planning to come for them one by one. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) discover a clue that links Prometheus to Oliver’s past. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (AR509). Original airdate 12/7/2016.

Image credit: The CW

Episode 9:

Midseason finale.

Prometheus sharpening weapons. Evelyn brings him something. Addresses on the back. Also have photos of the whole team. Evelyn wants to be there when Oliver is taken down. I want to watch him die. P. says I'm not going to kill him. I'm going to make him wish he was dead.

Mayoral Christmas party. Thea arranged it all. Oliver says Mom and Dad would be proud of you, Speedy. She says the Dominators reminded her how lucky she is. Susan arrives as his date for the party. That's quite a red dress! Thea's still protective.

Felicity and boyfriend. She's on her 3rd champagne. Supposed to introduce him to her friends. Billy meets Curtis and Paul. Paul thinks Curtis and Felicity are working on a start-up. She rambles.

Diggle and Rory and Rene in the Arrow Cave with John Jr. Flashpoint still weirds them out. Dig can't imagine a daughter. Evelyn comes bearing gifts. Open presents at the same time. They're stockings. Rene loves his.

Oliver says my favorite Christmas movie is Die Hard. It's true. Second fave is It's A Wonderful Life. I rewatched it recently. (Ha) It inspired me to recommit myself to the city. Cheers. "Great speech." Jinx. Felicity and Susan meet. You must be the super hot reporter. Um, thank you. Awkward.....! Curtis excuses himself. Felicity suggests a double date to Susan and Oliver. Wow. I feel sorry for Billy.

Paul wants the truth. Are you seeing someone? Curtis says of course not. Curtis gets attacked by Prometheus. He tells Paul to run and tries to fight. P. knocks him down the stairs. Paul tries to defend him and P. knocks him down. P. shoots Curtis? Paul screams for help. Call 911, dude!

Curtis wakes in the hospital. Paul there. Curtis will explain. Paul wants to know how you know to fight like that? How are you still alive? Felicity and Oliver arrive. Paul says it was the Throwing Star Killer. She asks Paul to talk to Detective Malone outside. Oliver and Curtis discuss Prometheus. He knows who we are.

Felicity watches Paul leave. Malone figured out Curtis works with Green Arrow. He wants her to stay at his place. Oliver come into the hall. Curtis will be fine, but he was drugged.

4 years ago. Dig brings Big Belly Burger to Oliver. Oliver looking at a tuberculosis outbreak story. The infected can't afford the drug. Oliver says the maker of the drug is on the List. He's going after him.

News talks about Prometheus. Arrow Cave. Diggle changed the codes on the bunker an hour ago. Oliver and Felicity get back. Justin Claybourne was killed 4 years ago. He had no heirs. You think Prometheus is Claybourne? She says people come back from the dead every Wednesday. Heh.

Team Arrow goes to the building. Oliver says nobody move until I give the order. Rene goes anyway. Green Arrow let through a door. F. says it's not safe. A phone rings. Light comes on in another room. He's locked in with Prometheus. Arrow says Justin Claybourne, you have failed this city and shoots. Not as much as you, Mr. Queen. The arrow is split and harmless. Team directed to get to Oliver. Arrow and P. fighting. Why did Oliver just watching him fly over? Rene gets there. Evelyn reveals her deception. This city needs to be saved from you. She and P. escape. Diggle comes in. Oliver says he's working with Evelyn.

**Anyone else notice that Prometheus' voice has sounded like Michael Dorn all this time? I'm really surprised I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Day. Rene and Rory big in evidence. Thea's packing to come stay here. Lyla and JJ are at a safe house. Felicity feels guilty for not vetting Evelyn better. She tells the boys to put the ashes in the DNA sequencer.

She meets with Malone. He has a file. P. injected Curtis with a drug from Claybourne Pharmaceuticals. He's not happy that she already knows and the Green Arrow already raided the place. He's a cop and he needs to do this.

Curtis on the phone with Rory. Told him about Evelyn. Watch your back. Paul comes in. Curtis, you're a horrible liar. I can't do this anymore. Tell me what's going on. Curtis says I work with the Green Arrow. Paul laughs. Curtis says most guys we try to send to jail. It's empowering. Almost inspiring. Paul says you lied for months. To keep you safe. You need to stop being a vigilante. Our vows don't include me worrying you'll make it home every night. You can be a vigilante or married to me, but you can't do both. I can't do both.

Rene has the hots for Thea. Rory says you're not her type. Felicity says the ashes are Claybourne's. Who is Prometheus?

4 years ago. Claybourne facility attacked. The Hood says you have failed this city. Justin says I make drugs that help people. Hood says holding this city hostage is over! You have until 11pm tomorrow to make this right. Shoots him in the leg.

Malone in the building. Looks in a drawer. Picks a box. Finds a baby photo. Hears a noise and draws his gun. He takes a photo of the photo and texts it. P. shows up behind him.

**So it seems Claybourne had a kid? Leading us to think so.

Felicity got the photo. She texted back and no reply. GPS says he's at the Claybourne site. Oliver says it's bread crumbs. And men don't listen because we're stubborn.

4 years ago. Oliver says Claybourne created the epidemic. He's part of a group that creates bioweapons. Diggle is not happy that Oliver is willing to kill all the people on the List. One day your actions might have unintended consequences.

Oliver meets with the DA. Malone's been abducted. I hope Billy's alive, but the PD needs instructions. Shoot to kill. The public is sick and tired of seeing this guy get away with killing cops. Oliver says do it, but pull all cops in.

Felicity says the baby is Claybourne's son. He'd be about 30 today. Oliver feels the guilt. You warned me, John. P. surprised me at the plant with a move taught to me by a woman in Russia. He tells her that Billy is missing and P. is ordered to be shot on sight. I promise we'll bring Billy back to you.

Speedy and Green Arrow. She says remember when you tried to land a helicopter on the grounds at the US Open and Dad had to bail you out? Dad would be proud of you now. There are two versions of every legacy. You have a lousy habit of focusing on the bad.

Curtis comes to the cave. He tells Felicity what Paul said. Curtis says I have to do this no matter what. I have to be true to who I am.

Flashback to Oliver asking Felicity for computer help. She babbles. Looks up the group for him. gives him the address. He picks up her pen. Says he believes in magic.

1852. Oliver thinks he knows where Prometheus is. I created the situation, I'll deal with it alone.

**Why is Felicity never in casual clothes? We've seen ever other woman in jeans and a shirt multiple times, but she's always in a figure-hugging dress except for the rare times she wears professional slacks. Especially when she doesn't have an outside job anymore, she can wear anything to the Arrow Cave.

Green Arrow enters the address. There's a dead guy. And another.

Flashback to the Hood killing here. The dead are laid out like they fell 4 years ago.

Green Arrow enters a room with the escalators. He fought and killed people here, too. More dead at the top. Everyone but Claybourne dead on the roof. Justin says business is how to make this city great again. No one cares about the poor. I'm thinning the herd. Hood kills him. Prometheus asks if you hesitated at all, or was he another name on your list. They start the fight. Go off the side of the building and in through a window. Mirror maze. P. knows everything. Who you are, who you trust, who you've hurt. It will be easy to turn them all. You're a killer and I'll show them that. Everything you touch dies. Oliver shoots. Mirrors break. The voice is just a speaker. Billy was inside the suit with his mouth taped. I told you, Oliver - everything you touch dies.

Arrow Cave. Oliver returns. Goes to Felicity. Diggle asks what happened? Thea asks if he killed P? F. asks if he found Billy. Oliver tells her about the staged moment. She cries and demands where is Billy? Oliver says I killed him. I'm so sorry. I couldn't have known it was him. I couldn't have known. She says this was Prometheus. All him. Oliver says he's right. I think that, uh, I think all of you should get as far away from me as you possibly can. John says we're exactly where we're supposed to be.

Curtis goes home. This was a seriously terrible day. Paul says it won't get better. I'm going to my brother's house. you came home every night late, banged up, and I've never seen you happier. I won't take you from that, but I can't live with every time I see you being the last. I'm sorry. He leaves despite Curtis' pleas.

Diggle gets called to the safe house by Lyla.

Oliver goes to Susan Williams. I didn't know where else to go. She lets him in. Offers a drink. He accepts. She says I thought things were getting better. he did, too, but that feeling never lasts. She asks why he thinks that is? He says I was reunited with someone, I knew their father, and they told me I ruin the lives of everyone I come into contact with.

Diggle arrested!

Susan says you're only focusing on the bad. he says my sister said the same. Susan says shutting people out is the last thing you should do and kisses him.

Arrow Cave. Oliver returns. Laurel!! Hi, Ollie.

Jan 25 is the next ep.





Commentary - I doubt it's an escaped Black Siren Laurel - she shouldn't know how to get in the Arrow Cave on Earth 2 since Robert Queen is/was The Green Arrow there, not Oliver. More likely cause is Flashpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment