Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

#TVD 8.6 - “Detoured On Some Random Backwoods Path to Hell” #VampireDiaries live blog

“Detoured On Some Random Backwoods Path to Hell”

PAUL WESLEY DIRECTS THE EPISODE WHICH FINDS STEFAN MAKING AN UNEXPECTED SACRIFICE — When her children become the focus of the Siren’s latest plan, Caroline (Candice King) takes drastic measures to ensure nothing gets in the way of keeping her family safe. In a race against the clock, Stefan (Paul Wesley) pledges to do everything he can to save the twins, while tensions between Alaric (Matt Davis) and Caroline boil over, leading them to face some harsh realities about the future of their family. Meanwhile, when Enzo (Michael Malarkey) finds himself unable to fight off Sybil’s (guest star Nathalie Kelley) latest move, Stefan dives into his subconscious and along the way, sets off a chain of events that leaves him faced with a life-changing decision. Kat Graham and Zach Roerig also star. Paul Wesley directed the episode written by Alan McElroy (#806). Original airdate 12/2/2016.

Ep 6:

Police talking to Ric. Caroline brings photos.

Seline's phone rings. hi, Alaric. They're safe with me. He says bring them back, please. She can't. Your girls are special, Ric. I'm saving them from a lifetime of pain. The less you know, the better. Ric doesn't give a damn about her plans. They'll never happen. I will find you and I will kill you. you've missed just how far I'm willing to go to protect my children. The more you run, the more I'm going to hurt you.

Sybil arrives with Damon. He says hey, little Munchkins. Remember me?

Bonnie and Enzo in bed. Happy. It's her bedroom at the family home. She dresses. Caroline contacting her. Enzo's phone rings. Sure Stefan put him down? Damon.... Enzo collapses in pain after hearing something. Bonnie cradles him.

Stefan compelled the sheriff to make this a priority. Caroline says you're not coming. Stay with Matt and work with the police. He says you can't be serious. She says Damon is with them. Stefan says that's why I should come. She says No. If he gets between me and my girls, I'm going to kill him, so no, you can't come. She hands him the ring. Don't say anything. Until this is over, there's only me and my kids and their father. They're depending on me. I can't afford distractions or compromises, especially when it comes to your brother. Ric says Matt has a trace on Seline's cell. They leave.

Sybil enjoy bacon. Seline looks grossed out. Damon staring at Seline. Sybil had a lot of time in the vault to wonder what happened to my dear Seline. Seline says I had to disappear and blend in. Sybil says I see how hard you were working at rescuing me. Seline argues. Damon asks how the ancient Siren scheme involves 3 year olds. Sybil says we weren't much older when we met the Devil. Seline wants to offer them to Cade.

Stefan with Matt. Where the hell are they going? Bonnie bursts in with Enzo. Enzo says it's Sybil, invading my head. Bonnie says you can get in his head, right? Stefan isn't sure. Damon says you're about to endure some very dark places. Enzo being tortured. Sybil is the doctor. She's punishing him for escaping her. I can bend you to my will with one hand while I eat greasy diner food with the other. Enzo won't go back to being her lackey. She says she's just here for the screams.

Stefan out. Sybil's in a diner in Oakwood, and she has no idea we're on to her.

Seline says I'm not sacrificing the kids. I'm offering them as replacements. Damon asks Replacements? Seline says we'll be free and I'll have atoned. Damon's phone and everyone's phones have Amber Alerts. Sybil says you have a lot of work to do...... Seline sings in the diner.

Ric and Caroline in the car. Checking diners. He noticed she's not wearing the ring. They enter the correct diner, but it's empty.

Enzo pukes blood. Stefan's phone rings. Ric. We missed them but we're close. Whatever you're doing with Enzo is working. If you have to turn his brain in to oatmeal, you do it. Stefan asks to talk to Caroline. Ric says now's not a good time. Stefan wants her to know he's doing what he can. Ric says do more.

Damon doubts the girls are a good offering. Seline says they're perfect. Sybil wants the radio on. Damon asks for criteria. Seline says the missionaries must be supernatural and serve of their free will. They trust me and I can convince them this is what they want. Cade accepts the deal... We're free forever. Sheriff roadblock. Seline tells Lizzie to go back to sleep. Then sings at the cop. He thanks them and lets them go. Lizzie grabs Sybil and siphons. I don't want to sleep anymore! Cop comes back and Sybil attacks him.

Damon drives into a motel. Marilyn Mason playing. Seline asks why are we stopping here? He says you've almost been captured twice in 5 hours. Call the big man, tell me what to do, then let's get to it. Sybil starts telling him. Damon says perfect. Seline says the girls won't be ready for at least a decade. Damon has a plan for them to all win. Get the girls out of the car seats and let's call the Devil.

Bonnie tending to Enzo. Tells Stefan to go in his mind again. Just be careful. Stefan does.

Matt on the phone with Ric. At the murder scene of the cop. ric punches the window of the SUV. Caroline says we'll find them. We will. Nothing else matters. We will find them.

Sybil relaxing by the pool. If Cade feels used or disrespected, there's no telling what he'll do. Damon will tread lightly. Sybil says no one wants to die. In that moment, you'll agree to anything, even slavery in Hell. Damon says good to know. I have a deal in mind and need your help. She tells him to go on. She can multi-task.

Enzo asks where are the children. Tell me and do what you want with me. She says I already am. you're dying, Enzo. Stefan attacks her. Where are the twins? She says come alone and I'll let Enzo live. Enzo says you can't trust her. Sybil says he's right, but Damon and I have an offer you can't refuse.

Bonnie sits with Enzo. Matt joins her. I gave ric and Caroline the address of the motel. When did you last eat something? Bonnie can't. I'm terrified of losing him. Matt says you won't. Enzo fought back, survived, and escaped. He's a tough bastard. Enzo says I'm not sure which one of you to kiss first. bonnie hugs him. Matt grins. Bonnie kisses Enzo.

Ric and Caroline there. Where are the girls? Nobody's here. Where's Stefan?

Phone rings. Stefan says I'm sorry. Caroline yells at him. Stefan says You will be my wife, Ric is my friend, and Damon is my brother. I have a chance to fix this and it's exactly what I'll do.

Caroline and Ric argue in the parking lot. Ric says when we get them back, I'm taking them away, as far away as possible. Darkness is all vampires attract! She says they're our kids. He says no. My kids. Mine. Mine and Jo's. He gets in the SUV.

Seline holds the girls' hands and tells them to do what she taught them. They light the pool on fire. She sings. Sybil says she needs Stefan to know how serious this is. A welcoming committee.

Stefan is staked. Men confront him from both sides.

Damon isn't happy. The whole reason I wanted you to bring him here requires him to be alive. Sybil says save him, but I want him dark, vulnerable. Blood on his hands. That's how Cade likes them best.

Stefan fighting for his life. Big guy approaches. Damon says quite the moral dilemma. High road or the low? Don't do this, Damon. It's already done. Piece of advice - Kill him before he kills you. Another piece of advice: turn around. Now.

Seline singing. Sybil says you're way off key. Fire goes out. Lights on. Cade's here. Hello, Seline. Tell me, what brings me here?

** Well, I think we know where this is going - Stefan and Damon will serve Cade to stay out of Hell?

Stefan wakes. Man coming. Damon pleads with him. Don't be so stubborn. Kill him already! Stefan asks why are you doing this? Damon says why are you? I can help you save the twins, but first things first. Stefan kills the man. Damon says don't worry, brother, I got a get out of Hell free card in my pocket. Stefan asks where are the girls? I won't ask again. Damon says just agree to a few terms first.

Cade is intrigued by the deal. Girls says Seline says you're nice. Cade agrees. With time and guidance, there's no telling what you can become. Sybil offers a new deal. 2 powerful immortal vampires, brothers. You'll be trading up. Stefan says I'll do it. Just let the girls go.

Caroline and Ric at another motel. Stefan brings the girls to them. They hold them. Stefan can't quite smile.

Enzo says I'm fine, love, really. She knows. Just fought so hard to get you back and here you're suffering still. I appreciate how hard you fought to come back to me. How did you fight so long after Damon broke? Enzo was an orphan, abused, abandoned. Tortured. you harden your heart and your mind until you're made of stone. She says but you're not. You're kind and loving. He says thanks to you. I kept a shred of faith. i never believed life would allow me to suffer so much and die without knowing true love. It'd too cruel. When I met you, my faith was rewarded. Bonnie says so basically I'm an angel. Awww. They kiss. On her bed again.

Girls in hospital beds at the Armory. They can go home in the morning. Ric says listen....the things I said. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. She says you're right. Genetically they're not mine. I gave birth to them, I raised them, I loved them. When they were missing, I felt like I was dying, so don't you ever throw that in my face again. He says I was out of my mind, Caroline. I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to protect my own children. She says you do. You were right about something else. Right now, darkness follows me. So you need to take them. Take them someplace safe until this is all over. Take them away from me.

** Greater love hath no one than to give their life for another. Any good parent will sacrifice for their children.

Stefan sitting alone. Caroline joins him. That wasn't fair what I did, cutting you off like that. We're partners, and we should be making decisions together. She puts the ring on. I love you, Stefan. So much. But I have a really bad feeling about what you had to do to get my daughters back, so tell me. What did it take? Stefan gave Damon what he promised me. And eternity of misery. I surrendered my soul to Cade. I have to serve him like the Sirens did. She says there has to be a way out of this. You promised me a June wedding! He knows, he's sorry. She says I don't accept that. You will be waiting on that aisle for me! He says our last day is tomorrow. I get to spend my last 24 hours of freedom with you. She cries.

Seline isn't happy that Sybil didn't tell her about the deal. Sybil says no more free pass out of Hell. You don't have a deal, you had a proposal. She cut Seline out of the agreement. Seline is shocked. Sybil said you never came to rescue me. I'm released. I negotiated for myself on the side. I stay immortal with my powers. The game's not over yet.

Matt and Ric. Ric thanks him. Really. Thank you. Sometimes I think you're the only sane voice in this parade of crazy we call our lives. Matt says even I have a threshold for how much pain I can watch my friends go through. Sometimes I have to fight back.

Damon needs a bartender. No one around. Then he's shot. Matt. And Ric. thanks for showing up. I've been wanting to kill someone all day. He shoots again. I can't have my kids endangered anymore, and they'll always be in danger as long as you're alive. Damon says your timing is hilarious. Ric beats on him over and over. Matt says enough, just finish it. Ric says this is for Tyler and plunges a stake into Damon's heart, and twists it. Damon desiccates.

Next ep - Christmas. With Damon and Sybil. Caroline drunk. Damon's alive and Stefan's dead. Merry Christmas, I've got gifts.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment