Pages

Friday, December 9, 2016

#TVD Midseason Finale 8.7 - “The Next Time I Hurt Somebody, It Could Be You” #VampireDiaries #TVDChristmas

“The Next Time I Hurt Somebody, It Could Be You”

THE DEVIL FROM CHRISTMAS PAST — Faced with the fallout from his interaction with Cade (guest star Wole Parks), Stefan (Paul Wesley) is determined to have one thing go right – Christmas Eve with Caroline. However, when Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Sybil (guest star Nathalie Kelley) crash their Christmas Eve dinner, which had been joined by Alaric (Matt Davis), Matt (Zach Roerig) and Peter (guest star Joel Gretsch), things quickly take a dark and twisted turn. Meanwhile, in a series of flashbacks to Stefan’s past, Cade’s attempt to entice him with his mysterious agenda leaves Stefan faced with an unimaginable decision. Kat Graham and Michael Malarkey also star. Tanya Hamilton directed the episode written by Shukree Hassan Tilghman (#807). Original airdate 12/9/2016.

 








 
Image credit: The CW

Episode 7:

Camp of tents. Monterey 1917. Silent Night on a record player. Little kids think they hear Santa. Peek out and people are running around. Then screaming. Bearded Stefan comes out of a tent after feeding. Heads for the kids.

Stefan writes to Elena. this might be my last entry. I'm giving myself today. The house is decorated to the nines. Caroline wakes up alone in bed. Stefan has mistletoe and stuff on the stove and everything. They're doing Christmas Eve dinner. He wants his last day to be happy with her. We'll eat more than we should and drink until our family and friends seem somewhat normal.

Ric and the girls arrive. Ric says we can't stay long. Girls ask for Seline. Stefan takes the girls upstairs. Caroline doesn't want them thinking Seline is safe. Ric will do it. He's about to tell Caroline about Damon when Damon arrives with Sybil! Ric and Matt killed me, even buried me. You have no idea how hard it was to get the dirt out.

Enzo gives Bonnie a Paris trip for Christmas. Phone rings. I know we're late. Caroline says don't come! Damon and Sybil are here. They promised to leave my kids alone. Just hope they leave soon. Enzo says steal the tuning fork back. Caroline will try to find out where it is.

She spikes the eggnog. Gives them drinks. I didn't have time to poison it. Stefan comes down. Ric's up with the girls. He and Stefan don't trust them. Sybil says she saved the kids when she cosigned Damon's deal. Sybil tells him to put away his umbrella because I don't need your shade. A simple thank you will suffice. Caroline agrees. You can't fault one sibling for the sins of the other. heh! Damon asks Stefan to talk in the guise of looking for family ornaments.

Damon's looking through decorations. Tells Stefan that Ric and Matt killed him. Obviously it didn't stick since you're here. Damon says part of the deal. Damon got to chat with Cade. Do you want time with him? Stefan says no. Funny thing....he stabs Stefan with a tree topper. He wanted time with you.

**The house looks gorgeous. I'll really miss the visuals of this show.

Stefan wakes up in the afterlife. Stands. Walks downstairs. No one's here. Caroline? Cade appears. Where are we? Cade says just behind the veil. Stefan says hell is my living room? Cade says it's a waiting room. I'm sending you back, but not before we discuss our partnership. Stefan says there's nothing to discuss. But he tries to get out of the deal. I'm not the person for you. Cade says you are.

Sybil says the food looks great and hopes the others arrive soon. She offers to slice the turkey. When's the wedding? It was supposed to be in June. Oh, right, Cade. Sybile says don't worry. Stefan can probably kill people and still be home to draw you a bath. Sybil is setting up at the Pond Estates. Rich sleazy men that will give up their whole house for a song. Get it? Caroline excuses herself.

Calls Bonnie. updates her. Bonnie misses Elena. Damon wouldn't be doing any of this if she was here. Caroline needs another gift box. She hangs up.

And finds Stefan dead. Damon says relax, he's not dead. Have you seen Ric? It's time for dinner. She tries to attack Damon and he gets the advantage. Tells her Cade requested a meeting. Holds up the tree topper. I bet if you wash this off, it might still work. Ewwww, Damon.

Ric reading The Night Before Christmas to the girls. One more story, then a nap. Ric tells them to never open the palace doors for anyone but Mommy, Daddy, and Uncle Stefan. They say and Seline.

Sybil with the tree. Caroline getting drunk. Matt and Peter arrive. Sybil says we've been waiting for you. Caroline updates them, then says Merry Christmas, I've got gifts! and chugs more alcohol.

Stefan and Cade wandering Monterey camp. Their death is your canvas. this is your masterpiece. Nothing but evil could produce this. I decided you were might right here. Christmas 1917. Stefan says I wasn't here on Christmas. I know what I did, but not on Christmas. I wouldn't do that.

Caroline hands out presents. Christmas spirit is forgiveness. My mother told me to always be prepared for anything. this one is for Damon. There is a future you that will ask for my forgiveness. This is for that guy. Damon says you're wondering why I came today, and one lucky little elf will get a trip straight to Hell. Meaning, I'm going to kill one of you. Let's eat!

**Hmm......does Stefan not remember that day, or was he framed? And will Damon open the gift? Has to be something about Elena. It was small, so a photo?

Bonnie and Enzo outside a house with a pool and lights on. He can't enter. Bonnie says I'll be fine. A woman is singing. Seline is there. Tells Tammy to ask Enzo inside. Seline says I won't harm you. You came for the weapon? Bring me your phone, Bonnie.

Sitting at the table. Damon talks about killing the evil. Caroline setting the food down. You will not kill anyone here. Matt asks why are you doing this? Sybil says it's his job. Damon taunts Matt about Penny. Matt says I never murdered anyone! Caroline tries to calm him. Damon says at least Ric looked torn up. You looked psyched. But I forgive you, Matty. You've had a lot of tragedy. Ric was just doing the parental thing. this should be professional Caroline says it's all personal, Damon. Sybil asks about Peter. I've heard so much about you.

Seline wanted to talk to Ric. Won't give Bonnie and Enzo the fork without it. Your children need my help. I need to fix what I started. If I don't remove the psychic imprint, they'll always be linked to me. I'm sure you've noticed. I'm not who you think I am. I've been trying to escape for years. Ric says then drop dead. Seline writing a list. Of her murders. Enzo asks about that habit. She picked it up in...

In Monterey. Stefan doesn't remember doing this. Cade shows him himself. Remember him? Your remorse meant nothing to me, but for some reason, meant something to her. Seline.

Cade shows Stefan another scene. 1917 Stefan carving names on a cabin wall. Seline enters. Hums. You will rest now in torment. My master has claimed your soul.

Bonnie says you're sure? Seline is positive. She had full intention of eating Stefan. She looked in his mind and didn't see evil. Only anguish.

Stefan says take me, I deserve it. I was made into a ripper. Kill me. Do it. Please.

Seline saw a man that was innocent, and then became a monster to survive. I knew that story well. I no longer wanted to be the one to decide.

Stefan says she took the memory away. Made me believe I was worthy of life. Cade said it peaked my interest in you. You're valuable. That's why I jumped at the opportunity to have you as my servant. Stefan says he'll never be that ripper again. Not for you, not anyone. Cade wants a ripper in a servant. One more stop.

Seline wanted a way out. I always wanted to be mortal, to be free, but now Cade will torture my soul in Hell because my sister sold me out. Redemption is the only chance I have. If Alaric loves his daughters, he will bring them to see me. The path to redemption starts with the one step, right? Enzo says we will relay the message. Bonnie thanks her for the fork.

Peter lists his sins for Damon. Ric joins the table. Caroline says drop this stupid game. Sybil says it's fun. Damon pushes Peter. Explain to me the past 20+ years. Matt says you don't have to answer. Caroline says this has gone too far. Damon grabs and cuts Peter. Last chance. What kept you away? Peter was ashamed. Kelly was pregnant again and I had to get out. Damon says you didn't have a reason at all. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

**20 minutes left. Will we end on a cliffhanger? Christmas in Mystic Falls is always dangerous. Poor Matt would find his father only to lose him again.

Stefan at the school. Moments before he met Elena. Cade says if you hadn't met her, we might not know each other now. You veered her right into the median. Stefan tried to protect her. Cade said never meeting her wa the only way. Stefan can't take anything back. Cade says find people for me. Good people who can be made wicked. They are evil at their core. Very potent. I want to eat those souls most of all.

Sybil tells Peter I came to get something. Peter doesn't know what she's talking about. She grabs his head. Where is it? Enzo strikes the fork.

Stefan says you've taken too much of my time. Cade says I do have forever with you. If Stefan refuses, he'll wait for the kids to come of age. Stefan offers to get the job done faster. I'll become the ripper you want. Turn his humanity off, and then when it's over, you let me and my brother go. No one can do what I do. Cade says one year. Although the beast I saw in Monterey will never tire of this work. you won't want to stop. Stefan says you're wrong. Cade says that's what makes the wager worthwhile.

Sybil is happy Damon saved her. Didn't know you had a heart. He hands her the present. She opens it. It's beautiful. Damon remember's Elena's necklace. Sybil puts it on. Tries to kiss him. He plunges his hand into her chest. Takes the necklace. Leaves her heart on the bench.

**Is he back? Damon remembered Elena, but how much? How far? How deep?

**And Stefan turning his humanity off for a year? Going full ripper again? So risky. He'll have to be caught and turned back.

Bonnie and Enzo in the car. Bonnie got a splitting headache from the fork. ric's girls are hurt from it, too. Grams said magic is rooted in psychic energy. Enzo says all the more reason to get the hell out of Dodge. Bonnie bought his t-shirts for Christmas. He says you are the gift I always wanted.

Stefan wakes. Caroline is there. He asks where is Damon? She says everyone's gone. he says come with me. Kisses her under the mistletoe. She says you could've kissed me anywhere. he needed one thing to work today. I love you. She says stop stalling. Stefan says we made a deal. I serve for a year and I'm done. What I'm going to do and how makes it worth it to him. Don't make me say it now. Let me have this moment. In 7 minutes, everything changes. Let me be here now with you.

Ric and the kids. He meets Seline. I'm doing this for them, not you. Girls come over. Seline kneels with them. We're going to play a game and then you won't remember me. She touches their heads.

Matt and Peter. Matt can't look at him. Peter gets out. Matt looks over. Peter closes the truck door and walks away.

Girls open presents. Caroline watches. Ric joins her. Girls thank them. Ric says we need to get going soon. She knows.

Speeding on the road.....Damon pulls up next to Stefan. Hop in. Stefan gets in the car. Damon steps on the gas. You will want to flip that humanity switch, Stefan. Won't be so painful. Stefan says not yet. Damon's happy. We need a theme song or something. Radio playing Christmas songs. Stefan closes his eyes and flips the switch. Smirks. Damon says there he is. Merry Christmas, brother. Merry Christmas.

So sad!

Next ep - Jan. 13. Damon and Stefan taking victims. Sybil back.

No comments:

Post a Comment