Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

#TVD 8.10 - "Nostalgia's A Bitch" #vampirediaries live blog

“Nostalgia’s A Bitch”

THE RINGING OF THE BELL – Sybil (guest star Nathalie Kelley) enacts revenge on Damon (Ian Somerhalder) by putting him in a catatonic state. Caroline (Candice King) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) enter Damon’s mind and run into familiar faces from the past, only to discover Stefan (Paul Wesley) is the key to Damon’s fate. It’s a race against time for the bell as both Sybil and her sister Seline (Kristen Gutoskie) jockey for its control. Zach Roerig also stars. Kellie Cyrus directed the episode written by Brett Matthews (#810). Original airdate 1/27/2017.





Image credit: The CW

Episode 10:

Caroline in bed. Phone rings. Good morning. Bonnie. She's on a run. Needed to clear her head. I need advice. Want to grab breakfast? Caroline is not going anywhere. Bonnie will make breakfast in bed, then.

Bonnie finds Damon on a chair. Catatonic. Get done here, Caroline, now.

The new vampire girl fed and killed some guys. Stefan in the bar. You're angry, I get it. Girl says this isn't fair. Stefan says life isn't fair, Lyla. But you had a choice. You chose to feed. He kills her for Cade.

Caroline wonders what Sybil did to Damon's brain this time. Bonnie wants to go in his head. Caroline tries and sees him in flames. Fire and pain. Bonnie points out that he's crying. Caroline hears Sybil.

Humming in the basement. Let me guess, Damon's not feeling well. I flipped his switch back on. Guess his mind couldn't feel all those memories and feelings rushing in. I can fix him, for a price. Caroline asks what she wants.

Matt gets to a crime scene. Lyla. Current sheriff is resigning. Caroline calls Matt. I need the bell. I'm going to give it to Sybil. She fried Damon's brain. We have to give her what she wants. Matt says how do we give her the only weapon that will stop her? And maybe Damon's getting what he deserves. He tells Caroline about the crime scene. Caroline begs him to do it for her.

Sybil reads Damon's mind. Damon believes he's in Hell. Go in there and ask what's holding him back. Go into his subconscious.

Bonnie and Caroline outside the house. They enter. Salvatore Boarding House. Do you have a reservation? Bonnie says we're looking for Damon Salvatore. He's on the painting. Caroline asks where is he right now? Bonnie says you're Henry. Damon told me he saved you during the war. Where is he? He tells them to leave now!

What happened? Damon wasn't there. Sybil says that's impossible, it's his mind. Stefan offers to help. Sorry, I was eavesdropping. Hello, Caroline.

Caroline asks why he's here? Stefan says Cade and I had a chat. Damon needs to do his part. When we were kids, we hid until I told him it would be okay. He asks Sybil why she's helping? She tells him about the bell. He'll see what he can do. In the meantime, fix this.

Back in Damon's head. At the bar. Bonnie says follow the clues and we'll find him. I forgave him before, I can do it again. Vicky greets them! Follow me. Bonnie says that's creepy. Caroline says Damon bit Vicky in that exact spot. Follow the clues.

Matt's dad meets him. At the cemetery. Do you even remember Vicky? Peter tries not to. He blames himself. Matt says the person that killed Vicky is suffering right now. The bell could save him or make sure he keeps getting punished. Peter says let him suffer.

Caroline and Bonnie follow Vicky......Caroline sees her mom. I forgot how pretty she was. Bonnie will go after Vicky. Talk to your mom.

Hey, Vicky, wait up. You haven't seen Damon Salvatore? Maybe he had something to do with the bandage on your neck? she rips it off and it's a hickey. She's never heard of Damon.

Caroline hugs her mom. This is about a boy? Caroline says Damon Salvatore. He's in the Founder's Council. Your best friend. Her mom doesn't know what she's talking about. Caroline says he's a vampire behind your animal attack. Maybe we could team up. She takes Caroline hostage. Tells Bonnie to stay out of this.

**Clever, Damon. He knows how to distract them.

Peter welding. In the clock tower.

Matt called Seline. Tell me how this works. She says your bloodline has to ring the bell. Stefan can't let them do it. She asks why do you want the bell? He says Cade needs more souls. She says I can offer something better than Sybil.

Caroline's bleeding. Her mother is torturing her with sunlight. Flashback! Caroline keeps trying to get her to remember Damon Salvatore, Stefan's brother. Her mother says Damon died a long time ago. Damon is dead! Caroline says no, you are! you got sick and died and Damon was there for you the whole time. He was a monster and I used to hate him for that. He was the only person who understood how much it hurt to lose you. As strange as that sounds, that made me forgive him for everything else. Her mother says goodbye and leaves.

Caroline back in reality. Sybil says hope your friend has better luck.

Bonnie goes to her Gram's house. They hug. Bonnie says he even got the sweater right. I need your help, Grams. Grams offers tea. Bonnie needs a locator spell. Gram says magic comes with a price. Bonnie is looking for Damon. Grams says don't get involved in vampire business. Bonnie says too late. I'm even in love with one. Please help me find Damon so I can get back to my happiness. Bonnie looks for a letter he wrote her. He's going to have to read it to me. Grams offers her hands.

They some to Peter. Seline offered a couple thousand souls. Make that bell ring 12 times. The bell destroys a siren with hellfire. Cade was burned at the stake. His world is on fire. The tuning fork disrupts that energy. Rips a hole open straight to Cade. The hellfire wipes out everything in its proximity. All of us in Mystic Falls. Seline plans to be gone by the time that happens. So, Stefan, is this enough to persuade you to betray my sister?

**WHOA. Hellfire, huh? Yay. So.......did they know when they first made the bell that it opens a door to Hell?

Caroline pacing. Sybil says it's annoying. If Bonnie was your bestie, don't you think she'd tell you she's planning to give Enzo the cure? Caroline says she wanted my advice and we didn't get a chance to talk.

Bonnie finds Damon. No, Tyler! Please leave, or I'll make you.

Matt says you're not destroying my town. You need a Maxwell to ring that bell and I'm not touching it. Stefan says yes you will. Matt says compel me, and that's your choice, not mine. Stefan says you have to follow your heart. If you don't want to ring that bell, forgive Damon for killing your sister. If you can't, then you ring that bell. No excuses. See ya, Matt.

Bonnie's not leaving. Tyler says you can't save him. Damon killed me. Bonnie believe he can atone. Tyler says Damon is dead. Bonnie says that's not how this works. I just figured out how it does.

She's back. We need Stefan. Damon lived and died as a human. Never became a vampire. It's the only way he can keep safe the people he loves. It's not our forgiveness he needs. Damon needs to talk to Stefan.

**Stefan turned Damon, so.....

**Isn't it great to see old faces again? Shame it's because it's the last season, at least in part. I've always enjoyed the show.

**Still worried about The Originals. Pissed that they only got 13 episodes. It's such a good show! So underrated.

Stefan returns to the house. you calling me is not why I'm here. I'm on a tight schedule. He goes in Damon's head.

Seriously, the graveyard. Could your subconscious be more generic? That's a joke. Whatever you think you did, it's fine. We're cool. Get your ass out here and get back to work. Damon says hello, brother. Bonnie helped me. You have the reason for your visit backwards. You're here so I can forgive you.

Matt tells Peter to get out and save all he can. He doesn't think he can forgive Damon. Peter's not running. If you want to ring that bell, you have to go through me. Matt says I'm compelled, I'm ringing that bell unless you kill me. You have to kill me. I'll die a hero. My life will mean something. Peter says no. Matt hits him. Kicks him in the gut.

Stefan says you're kidding me. I'm working for Cade because of you and you think you're the one to forgive me? Damon says I'm a monster, but I forgive you. Stefan hits him. I have nothing to apologize for. Damon says why are you here? Why are you always here? You blame yourself for turning me. I did, too. Until today. I officially forgive you. I forgive you, Stefan. Stefan keeps hitting him. Why aren't you healing? Damon says the vampire I warned you about is you. I forgive you. I absolve you. Why? You're my brother and I love you. There's nothing I can do to change that. Stefan says I'm about to burn Mystic Falls to the ground. Forgive me, I dare you. Forgive me for having the tiniest shred of guilt for coming to get you. For not letting you die with the rest of the town.

Matt rings the bell. Peter let him beat him and beat him and the compulsion made Matt act.

Bonnie's in pain along with Sybil. Stefan says my bad. Damon kills Stefan. I can't forgive you for destroying out hometown because I'm not going to let it happen.

**Forgiveness is not really for the person that wrongs you - it's for yourself, so the anger and bitterness doesn't consume you and ruin your life. It's good for the soul, good for your health. Matt's going to have to discover that one day.

Matt beg his dad to do something, please. Get up! This thing is heating up. Come on! Peter grabs his head. I'm so sorry. Matt says I forgive you. Damon stops them.

Matt comes downstairs. Damon put the bell in the truck and sent Peter away. Damon apologizes about Vicky. I should've told you this a long time ago. Matt says your emotions are back on. Damon says yup. Matt says saving my father and the town counts for something. Keep on the way you did tonight, and I won't rule anything out. Damon offers a lift. Matt's going to the police dept. Mystic Falls needs a sheriff. Damon always liked the sheriffs in this town.

Stefan in chains. Caroline comes in. Before you try tearing me down again, I'm fully aware Damon means more than I do. She's here because she loves him, the good him. If Damon is the answer to getting your humanity back, then fine, I'll do what it takes. We'll live happily ever after or we won't. We'll make it work or we won't. Either way, I'm getting you back.

Damon stops the car. Bonnie sitting outside. She's reflecting on the good things, for a change. He wishes he could say the same. She says he didn't have a choice under Sybil's control. In the letter, he admits that he’s a coward, but he knows that Bonnie is going to make him face a future without Elena and make him the best man he can be, much in the way Elena did, and he’s “absolutely terrified of failing you both. So I’m leaving, because I’d rather let you down once than let you down for the rest of your life. And I hope it’s the happiest life, because you, Bonnie Bennett, are an amazing woman, a mediocre crossword puzzle player, and my best friend.” With love and respect, Damon. He apologizes for leaving and says it will never happen again. She smiles.

Seline and Sybil. Sybil says can we stop, please? Seline says can we? Sybil says if Damon and Stefan can make amends, anything's possible. Seline wants an apology. Sybil says she's the one that deserves it. Cade is here! The bell rang 11 times. The sirens are burning. They go up in flames, screaming.

Next ep - Cade in Mystic Falls. Tells Damon to kill 100 strangers or Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment