Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

#TVD 8.9 - “The Simple Intimacy of the Near Touch” #vampirediaries live blog

“The Simple Intimacy of the Near Touch”

THE PAGEANT – Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) return to Mystic Falls at Sybil’s (guest star Nathalie Kelley) request as she is still in search of the historical artifact. Bonnie (Kat Graham) returns from Paris wearing a vile of Enzo’s (Michael Malarkey) blood making Caroline (Candice King), wonder if she will become a vampire. Stefan, Damon, Caroline, Bonnie, and Enzo all attend the Miss Mystic Falls pageant where Sybil continues to taunt Damon with memories of Elena. Geoff Shotz directed the episode, written by Neil Reynolds and Penny Cox (#809). Original airdate: 1/20/2017.

Episode 9:

Damon in a bar. Stefan drags a guy in. He feeds on the man and kills him. Calls Damon distracted. Phone rings. Sybil. Damon answers. Where are you? He says different city every night. She wants the iron ball. What do you say, Damon - yes or yes? He's on his way. He'll text her. Damon says every time I tell her no, my mouth says yes. Stefan says that woman is still in your head. He torches the dead. And we are going to burn her to the ground.

Caroline opens the door to Bonnie. Who brought a wedding gift. Caroline admires a necklace. It's filled with Enzo's blood. Caroline says it's very specific. Do you want to? Bonnie says I'm not turning into a vampire any time soon. Seline calling.

My sister's on the warpath. The artifact has the power to kill her. I already stole the biggest part. You have the tuning fork, I have the bell. I'm trying to make amends. Damon has the striker, an iron ball. I'm partially responsible for her. Caroline doesn't trust her. Seline says you don't have to. But I'm trusting you with a weapon of terrible power. Caroline and Bonnie leave for obligations.

Mystic Falls Founders event. Caroline calls the Archive. Matt and the intern will work on the bell.

Bonnie spots Damon. And Stefan. He smiles at Caroline. Sybil says I invited them. As long as I get what I want, I'll make sure they behave.

**Yeah, this will go well. LOL!

Caroline advising the Mystic Falls girls. Damon remembers dancing with Elena. Sybil wants to dance with him. He says no to giving her the striker. She goes into his head.

And changes his Elena memory. Get a grip. He attacks her and pushes her out of his head. I hope it hurt.

Stefan grabs alcohol. Caroline approaches. this is awkward and hostile.

Enzo finds Bonnie. Sybil sirened that girl. She asks if the pendant is more than a symbol. He says it's a token of his love. She says your exact words were I can't imagine life without you. She says I can't be a vampire, Enzo. Don't know what it would do to Elena. Can't turn even if I wanted to.

Intern strikes the tuning fork near Seline. He's here for payback.

Caroline managing the girls. Damon at the mirror. Sybil wants that ball of iron. For the first time, I was able to tell her no, because of this. Caroline wants the ball. He says no, I don't want Sybil dead until she fixes my head. He asks why does this pendant mean anything to me? I hold it and get warmth and then it's gone. Sybil tinkered with my head. Caroline gave him the pendant to prove a love that deep and real can win over anything. He says of course you want to believe that. Stefan's ripping again. This time, with no guilt. Caroline says fight for Elena, or spend eternity wondering what happened to the best part of you. Your choice.

A girl goes to Stefan and offers her neck. Sybil's gift. He can find his own meals. She tells him Damon is resisting me. Stefan says Elena. This pageant is the day he realized he could take Elena from me. Sybil thought Elena was erased. Stefan says she never goes away. Sybil asks how do we win him back? Stefan says remind him what really happened at Miss Mystic Falls.

**Oh, dear. Stefan and Sybil conspiring is deeply NOT GOOD.

Matt in a house. Dorian texts. No Bell at Sybil's, yet. Police knock.

Matt tries to talk his way through it. Cop takes the cuffs off. And has to knock the guy out to not get shot. He'd been mind-controlled.

Caroline introduces the Miss Mystic hopefuls. Stefan wants Damon to hand over the ball. We can't go anywhere without the past coming to haunt us. You could've helped me in my time of need. Instead, you were falling for Elena as she walked down those stairs. Elena never would've looked at you twice if I'd been there that day. Stefan takes the pendant. I gave her this to protect her from you. Damon sees Sybil. Shall we? She and Stefan walk away. Caroline tries to appeal to Damon. You did this dance with Elena. It meant something to you. your lizard brain is trying to remind you of the truth. Bonnie and Enzo dancing. Sybil and Stefan dancing. Caroline dances with Damon. Dance and trust that Elena is right here dancing with you.

Enzo wonders if Bonnie would become a vampire, theoretically. She says a year ago, I'd be offended by the question. I've watched the others struggle so long to live. But I fell in love with a vampire that makes me feel alive.

Caroline says we can fight Sybil. Break her influence over you. Stefan and Sybil cut in.

Bonnie would turn for Enzo, but that's not all it means to me. I can't wear this if it's a promise of anything more than my love for you. She gives the vial back.

Sybil says you will thank me for sparing you so much pain. Damon's not afraid to face his humanity. Sybil says you should be. Your humanity will flood back and crush you. Consumed with guilt. Damon says stop that right now. I can't take any more of this. She says give up, give in, and give me what I want. Stick with me, Damon. The path of least resistance will hurt way less than reality. He says he hid the striker upstairs. I'll take you.

**Damon, you better be pulling a con on her!

Dorian asks what is she hiding? She asks who's looking for the bell right now? He says he's working with Matt. Good. There's only one family that can ring the bell.

Caroline tells Bonnie and Enzo to get people out safely. I'll get the striker. Caroline tells the people to leave because of a gas leak. Stefan told the teens to stay.

Damon brings out the ball. One last thing. When you were mucking about in my subconscious, did you ever take a minute to understand Elena? The more you try to push her out, the more I understand she's never going away, and there's not enough room for both of you. He hits her with the ball.

Matt searching. Finds the bell. Gets caught by a sheriff. The man is compelled, too. Matt makes his radio his guys to go as far away as possible.

Stefan says he's leaving. I can't have the brother I want. Too much history. Damon says now you have a problem with Elena, who's not even here? Stefan says she's in your head messing you up more than Sybil. Stefan was made for Cade's work and he won't let Damon ruin it. Stabs Damon. Takes the ball.

**Oh hell. Stefan's way worse than he was when Klaus compelled him to turn his humanity off. Maybe even worse than when it was off for Caroline. He's going further than he's ever done before.

He finds Caroline. Gives her the ball. You can go now. You don't want to see this. Caroline says these girls are innocent, Stefan. He kills one. He gave all of them his blood. Turning them. Vampirism is a one way path to Hell.

Bonnie wants to go back. Enzo says it's too dangerous. She wants to know why he's watching her like a hawk. He says he can't protect her. The necklace can save you when I can't. I listen to you, but I also listen to the world around you, and I'm not afraid to speak up when I fear for your life. She says when did you become such a sap? He fell in love with a human that makes him feel alive. They kiss.

Caroline says I can control my blood lust. He says we're engaged, so unless you want to call it off, blood is on your hands, too. She stakes him.

Damon wakes and pulls the wood out. Sybil's still unconscious.

Caroline with the new vampire teen. Did I win? Caroline says the judge did pick you. The girl says I died. I remember everything. You're a vampire. Caroline says and so are you. Becoming one. You have 24 hours to drink human blood or that's the end. There's a way to live with this. You're still you. The girl says no, I don't want this. Please kill me quickly. Send me to a better place. Caroline tries to appeal to her. The one big positive is that life doesn't have to stop if you die. I can help you. She hugs the girl.

Matt gets the bell in the truck. Dorian and Seline arrive. you want to hear what she has to say.

Caroline sits by Stefan's body. he wakes. thought you'd run for the hills by now. She says we're in this together. For the next year, we do what we do to get your out of your deal with Cade, but we do it my way. Stick to bad people. Stefan says I'm in this until I decide I'm done. This is fun. I don't want to quit. She says we have a deal, too, remember? Spend our lives together. She takes off the ring. One day you'll realize you don't know what happiness is. Not fun, but happiness. Until then, stay away from me. Stefan has the ring and she leaves with the ball.

**Stefan's not as easy to shake as Damon. That ring can't do what the pendant does for Damon. I don't know how they'll ever get Stefan back. Maybe they won't.....maybe he doesn't get a happy ending. By Cade's rules, he definitely doesn't deserve it. He was so foolish to think he could do this for a year.

Bonnie says it was wrong of me to give you back the necklace. Enzo says it's just a symbol. Puts it back on her. She says I never knew what it was like to want to be with someone forever until I fell in love with you. Forever will just have to be 60-70 years. We have to make it count. He says you're right. 70 years with the right person can be forever. It's the after part I'm worried about. Spent eternity waiting for you. What will I do without you? She says what if you could take the cure?

Sybil chained up. Damon asks how's Cade? She says just chit-chat. Damon says you can't siren your way out of here. She gets that. She's curious what torture he can do that she hasn't already had. He'll get in her head. Even your sibling doesn't want anything to do with you. You have nothing because you are nothing. Nothing but a spiteful insecure little girl. I've seen the real you. Aww. I made a siren cry. What's my prize? Guess I'll take a few centuries of torture. She grabs him and forces his humanity back into his head.

He flashes over his sins. I'm not the thing inside your head you have to fear, Damon. You are.

Next ep - Sybil is the only one that can fix Damon. Stefan is about to burn Mystic Falls to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment