Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

#Arrow 5.12 - "Bratva" episode live blog

"Bratva"

OLIVER RETURNS TO RUSSIA — A mission takes Oliver (Stephen Amell), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), and team to Russia where they meet up with Oliver’s old friend Anatoly (guest star David Nykl). Meanwhile, fresh out of rehab, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) returns to the mayor’s office ready to get back to work. However, when Susan (guest star Carly Pope) asks for an interview with Lance to discuss his addiction, he balks and it’s up to Rene (guest star Rick Gonzalez) to help keep things on track. Ben Bray directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#512). Original airdate 2/8/2017.

Episode 12:

I love that the blurb mentions Rene has to keep things on track. Rene! LOL.


The Hood and Talia oversee drug dealers. She says they're target practice. Oliver goes in. And catches an arrow she launches at him.

Mayor Queen and Susan. Thea's gone again. Susan brings up sleeping together. Quentin is back. Oliver wasn't expecting him. Quentin wants to talk to Susan about rehab on camera. Wow. Quentin says he's better than he'd been in a long time. I'm ready to move forward, and this is how. You're late for a press conference.

About Chase and Diggle. Ah. John thanks Chase again. Susan congratulates him. Asks to chat with the DA. He's not interested. She gets a text about Gen. Walker taken into custody, and he's in the wind with his men and the nuke trigger is missing.

Arrow Cave. Felicity got intel from ARGUS. The sale is in Russia. Diggle wants to go, whatever it takes. Oliver will take a city private plane. Dig says we need the whole team. Oliver agrees, except someone needs to keep an eye on Quentin.

Rene was sent to him. Lance is grumpy. This isn't going well, LOL. Quentin says go home and I'll tell Oliver you were here the whole time. Rene says you're fresh out of rehab and not a career politician about to talk to the press.

Russia. Star City has a sister city here, giving Oliver the excuse to travel. Diggle and Dinah getting to know each other. Oliver has one friend here. Anatoly punches Oliver. You never should've come back to Russia.

Alexei Voyanov is the reason. You swore oath and now one of your brothers is dead, no why should I welcome you as brother? Go home, Oliver. There's nothing for you here.

They go to an ARGUS safehouse. Beautiful place, just closed for a while. Felicity asks Oliver why your friend punched you. Oliver explains. Slade killed the guy. Dinah says you could try making nice. Oliver says it's not that simple. Diggle says we need every asset we can get.

Oliver goes to Anatoly. Apologizes. But you still owe me for Gregor. Anatoly says sit. John Diggle, it's good to see you. You're my favorite American. Oliver tells him about the nuke. Anatoly says me sitting with you squares me with Gregor. Fine. Then we are even. Oliver says the Bratva part of his life is over. Anatoly will not help. But offers free advice. Markovians do not sit on their hands.

Past. Talia says he learns well. She gives him a file. Drugs that Thea was using. Talia found him to correct his mistakes. the man will be heavily guarded.

Dinah tries to break a vase. She doesn't have control beyond on and off. Felicity asks them to keep it down. She can't find Walker. Dinah says military men are creatures of habit. He'll be using the same model burner phone from the States. Felicity has a contact that can get them a shortcut. Think you two can look like Bratva?

Curtis and Rory with Felicity. Curtis wishes Dinah was there. Felicity enters a room. Wants to talk in private. Don't make me ask you again. He goes. He doesn't want to give her his sign-in credentials. But she knows things. the Kremlin would love to hear about this. He says they would kill me family. She agrees. It's in your interest to give me what I want. She gets it and they leave. Rory doesn't look thrilled at her tactics.

Rory in a church. Dinah is Backstop. Oliver and Diggle in black. Moving on the target room. Prox alert. Walker knew they'd come. Men shooting. Walker thanks them for being so damn eager to find me. rory gets the civilians out of the church. Oliver rejoins Diggle. Dinah saves them. Walker lost. Diggle angry. Oliver says we've got his men, come on.

Walker's soldier is tied up and blindfolded. He says he's not telling anything. Oliver starts zapping him with electricity. You have 5 minutes to decide what you want your face to look like!

Diggle yelling. We don't have time! Oliver says we have to be smart, John, you know that.

Past. Drug deal. Oliver attacks. The dealer asks why are you doing this? Hood says because you have failed Starling City. He kills the man.

Rene and Quentin. How about practice questions? What makes you qualified to still serve as deputy mayor? Rene won't let him get a word in edgewise. Because Susan Williams won't. But he pushes too hard and Quentin storms out after telling him don't be here when I get back.

Felicity and Rory. He says that man was terrified. What's really going on? She says the NSA file was part of a cache given to me by a hacker group. So you blackmailed him. This data cache has to be huge. She says massive. He says my father told me the rags carry a power greater than most people can imagine and I need to respect it, not abuse it. She's willing to stop people like Walker no matter the cost. He's not worried about the bad guys. He's worried about her. Oliver opens the van doors. Rory tells Oliver she crossed a line. What? Oliver hears beating and grunting and tells them to stay.

Diggle attacking the man. He's out of control. Oliver pulls him off. Felicity rushes in. John got carried away. The man is unconscious. Oliver tells him to clean up. I'm going to handle this.

What do you need me to do? Anatoly, what do you want? He gives Oliver a shot of vodka. To our imperfect union. They toast.

Oliver and Dinah attack a building. Anatoly says you have 2 days to shut down. Here are two broken fingers to remind you. Back in the car, She says this isn't the first time you've done this. He says no. It was part of my past I thought I'd left behind. She says the others told her about his broodiness. Oliver says he's trying to move forward, but I'm back in Bratva and I can't seem to do that. She says Prometheus got in your head. He says Diggle and Felicity are proof he affects people. She says of course, but you have more to offer than your fist. Your past doesn't have to be your anchor.

Talia tells Oliver that the other names in the book are waiting for you at home. Oliver knows. But leaving Bratva won't be easy. She reminds him of his promise to his father.

Rene and Quentin. The interview is 10AM tomorrow. Quentin says it was out of line to bring up my daughter. Rene says you're going to tell that to Susan tomorrow? Quentin knows he has to apologize as part of the program. And quit calling me Hoss. LOL.

Felicity teases Oliver about Dinah. Diggle still pushing. Oliver says we'll have the info in the hour. Bratva. Me crossing the line vs. you two doing it? Very easy choice. I am what I am, but you two can't make the same mistakes. Prove to me Prometheus is wrong. I need the two of you to be better than me. We work together because you are. Anatoly arrives with Bratva to join the fight. Curtis tries to speak Russian. Anatoly says your strange friend's pronunciation is horrible. LOL.

Hangar. Walker doing business. Markovian offers a toast. Attack commences. Dinah blasts sound at a van and it rolls. Anatoly takes the Markovians.

Diggle gets Walker. Walker says he never meant to sell a bomb.

Oliver says the bomb's not here. Felicity leaves the van.

Walker will steal it back and sell it to another sucker.

Felicity and Rory. The bomb is counting down. Disarm it or the yield will spread over 50 miles.

Walker taunts Diggle to kill him.

Curtis updates Oliver.

Felicity sped up the clock. Good job. She wants to move the nuke to a less populated area. Rory wants to use the rags to absorb the bomb. Felicity, go!

Diggle decides to not kill Walker. You will stand trial.

Rory's rags wrap up the bomb. Oliver reaches Felicity. Explosion light inside. Rory's dirty but okay. This means I get a promotion, right?

Toasting Rory. Anatoly likes Dinah. Diggle says Walker is in custody now. He remembered what Oliver said. You, me, Felicity, we make each other better. Toast. you're my brother, Oliver. Anatoly drinks with Oliver. Oliver forgot how strong vodka is here. Anatoly wants something. Oaths are for life.

Past. Oliver goes to Bratva. I need to speak with Anatoly. Where is he? In hospital. Beat up. Oliver sits. What happened? Gregor. Anatoly questioned the deal with Kovar. You were right about him. There's nothing we can do. Oliver says we can kill him. Anatoly says you are my brother, Oliver.

Star City. Oliver and Susan in bed. He says a friend told me my past doesn't have to be an anchor, and I think my past was stopping me from moving forward with you. She asks what happened to him on that island? How do you get a tattoo like this? Oliver isn't ready to talk about it. She asks not now, or not ever? He says not now. Then she can wait for some day, and kisses him. But the tattoo weighs on her mind.

Rene beating the punching bag. Quentin comes in. Susan went easy on him. Because of something rene said. Rene just told her a story about you and me. You were a beat sop on my block. You caught me tagging a building. You looked me in the eye and told me I could be more than a thug. I wanted the reporter to know what kind of guy she was sitting down with. Quentin says you got dishonorably discharged from the military. rene says no one's perfect.

Felicity goes to Rory's. He's packed up. The rags don't work anymore. I have a bond with them, I can feel it. Without the rags, I'm a liability. Don't worry, I'll be back. You'll let the team know? She says yeah. Her phone dings. Text from Alena.

Susan meets a man for info on the Bratva. He found a photo of the archer in Russia. Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow.

Next ep - A problem the Green Arrow can't solve. The city attacked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment