Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

#SPN 12.14 - "The Raid" live blog #supernatural

"The Raid"

SAMMY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - A chance to take out a nest of vampires backfires when the alpha-vamp shows up and turns the tables on Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) and The British Men of Letters, who are doing their best to recruit Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles). Directed by John MacCarthy, the episode was written by Robert Berens. (#1214). Original airdate 3/2/2017.

Episode 14:

Mary says hear me out, please? British Men of Letter, what they're doing, we're doing, is a better way. Sam asks when? She says before the lake house. They brought me that case. Dean says you kept it from us. Cas almost died. Sam says a hunter got killed. She knows. I told his wife. I watch him die every night. Dean says good.

3 days later. Van stops at a gate. Guard lets it in. It's Mary and the Brit. Nice work today. this little beauty worked as advertised. We barely had to lift a finger. Mary? Everything alright? She says she's fine.

Brit gives a woman a backpack.

Mary in a bunk room. Staring at the phone.

Dean says we're your sons and you've been gone. Our whole lives you've been gone. You asked for space and we gave you space. But you needed space from us. She says that's not true. I'm not just a mom and you are not a child. He says it's between us and them, Mary. You made your choice. There's the door. Sam.... Sam says you should go.

She's been texting the boys, but no answer. Her room in B2.

Brit in A6. No complications. Bit boring, really. How's Mary? Excellent as always. She say anything about her boys? He says we don't need them. We already have the best Winchester. But they're wanted on board. Where Sam and Dean go, the other Americans follow.

Dean brings Sam a case. Man dead with throat cut. Slit with a knife. Sam says this isn't our thing. Dean says find us a case. i need to hit something NOW. Sam says want to talk about it? Dean says what's she thinking, man? Sam doesn't know. I'm pissed and confused, too, but we've frozen her out for days. She must've had a good reason. She's family, we owe it to her to-- Dean needs a drink. Drinks. this whole peacemaker shtick is old. You're always playing the middle. For once, pick a side. Dean leaves. Sam looks at the texts from Mary. We need to meet, it's urgent.

Sam drives to the British MoL base. She's at the gate. Thanks for coming. Sam, I messed up. I know I messed up. But what they're doing is bigger than us, Sam. We have a real shot at a world without monsters. Where you can have normal lives. He says we chose this life. She says you were going to college, and I get why you gave it up, but what if you could have a different life? That's what I'm fighting for. You need to know, things are changing. Please let me show you.

She takes him inside. This is just temporary. The Brits talk like they're toughing it. Sam is greeted. Won't shake hands. Says he's going to head back. Mick says you're just in time for the briefing. If you want to hear how we're going to exterminate every last vampire in America.

Dean looks for Sam in the bunker. Sam left a note. Back later. Dean is out of booze. Someone knocks on the door.

Briefing room.

Dean opens the door. It's the Brit. Dean tries to close the door. He doesn't allow it. Offers Dean extremely rare Scotch.

Mick introduces Sam to the team. Please, have a seat. Sam refuses. Briefing begins. Midwest region is down to 11 vampires. Sam asks how? They say we treat vampires like terrorists. Scratch the surface and they're connected. From the drone to the alpha. We don't charge in to a nest. We determine the size, the relation to other groups. When we learn all we can, we wipe them out. The remaining are in an abandoned building near Wichita. We ship out tomorrow. Then the rest of the country. There won't be a single bloodsucker left in America.

The vampire hotel. Drink. Get your strength back. it's human and fresh. you're safe, you and all the others. This place is a fortress. No one gets in without me knowing about it. No one. "Is that so?" The ALPHA! Hello, my children.

They've killed most of the bottle. Brit calls the place quaint, cozy. Not much for small talk, are we? Dean says nope. You're here to recruit us. Brit says I don't, but the old lads have taken quite a shine to you. Dean says they shouldn't have sent the psycho. Brit says he and Toni used to date, so he could've predicted her behavior. I don't give a toss if you join, but MOL is a good fit for people like you and me. You're a killer, and so am I. They keep me busy, point me in a direction, and off to the races. it's not a bad life. Speaking of.....finishes his glass. Now you've heard what I have to say, places to be, vampires to behead. Dean is interested.

Sam has a fanboy. Whoa, the guy from BSG. Mick asks Sam for his thoughts. Sam says Serena and Alton seem smart. Pierce.... A buddy I know worked with him. Once. Mick says we struggled to attract the top shelf of American hunters. Like you.

Impala pulls up to the hotel. Mick texts the Brit to ask where the hell he is? Hmm. He takes Dean into the nest. Place seems empty. yes. Curious.

Mary says this is why I asked you to come. You needed to know. Sam says it was a good sales pitch.

Something outside the base. Attacks the guard.

Brit found one vampire. Where are your friends? She says she doesn't know. He hits her. Where are they? Hits her again and again and again. Dean stops him. Let me. You need to tell us where your friends are. Will you let me go? he says I'll make it quick. She says hunting. They went hunting. Whom? The hunters.

Where's the guard? Vampires outside the gate.

Vamps use the guard's hand to get in. Sam says lock this place down now. Mary tells the men to fall back. Do not engage. Fall back now. Vampires get inside a building.

Sam and Mary together.

Others closing and locking rooms.

Sam and Mary kill the vamps inside. Sam gets a gate closed. Stops Mary from killing one. The rest are surrounding the building. Mick asks the leader how do you know how to get here? The Alpha is told them. You're dead, you're all dead. Mary beheads him. Sam says your extermination plan, did it have any contingencies for this? No. Mary says this place was not built for defense and those doors won't hold long. Who here has ever killed anything? Only the other hunter. Sam says arm up. Weapons on the table. Blades, guns, spells. this is? Mary says it's not enough. Mick says most of the weapons are in the armory. Sam asks if there's anything stronger? Mary asks where is it? Mick opens the case - for the Colt. Sam picks it up. Where did you get this? Mary says I stole it. From Ramiel. Mick says it doesn't work. No bullets. Sam says right, right, okay.....we make some, then. Got the recipe from Bobby. Sam reads the directions. Gives it to Mick. It'll work? It better, or start praying. We'll need an army.

Mary takes Sam and the hunter toward the armory. Open the door and vampire attacks. Sam says go, I got 'em. 2.

Crafting the spell.

Mary gets to the armory.

Dean and the Brit on the way.

Mick says the spell words. Hunter rushes in. It's bad out there. Alpha! Bad in here, too. Alpha killed 2. Mick closes the gun case.

**The hunter was behind Mary, so how did he get over to let the Alpha inside?

Sam killed his vampires.

Pierce and the Alpha have an arrangement. Pays him to keep the Alpha off the radar. I'm old. I like living quietly. You've killed so many of my children. I didn't get involved in England because it's England. but America.....America is my home, and it's time you get off my lawn!

Sam finds Mary knocked out. What happened? Pierce hit her and stomped on the device.

Alpha says you will call your superiors and admit defeat. Then they'll watch as I devour you live on screen. Sam gets the Colt. Mary knocked out Pierce. Alpha says that gun can't kill me. Mick has one bullet. Sam says who says I'm here to save all of us. My family kills vamps that get out of line and you've let us. Let my mom and me go. Walk away and we'll go back to how it's supposed to be. A fair fight. The Brit? you can have him. Mary asks what are you doing? Sam says picking a side. Mick attacks Sam. Mary distracted the Alpha. Sam loaded the bullet. Alpha says clever, clever boy. Sam shoots him in the head. Alpha lights up.......and falls. The bullet went through his brain.

**If you kill the alpha, what happens to the vampires? Are they cured? Or do they die, too?

Mick....Mick....all clear out there. Mary says they killed some stragglers. Rest ran off when the Alpha died.

Brit tells Mick that I was following orders. People die. My play for Dean was working until your operation went sideways. Oh well. Better luck next time.

Dean with Sam and Mary. Sam asks why he came? Dean says when I thought something might've happened to you (Mary), nothing else mattered. We're adults. You're going to make your own choices even if I don't like em, even if I really really don't like them. It's something I have to get used to. Okay, Mom? Yeah. Brit is taking Pierce away. We have ways of dealing with rogue hunters. it's not pleasant. Sam and Mary says good. Mick thanks them. Sam says he's in....look, tonight was bad, but the Alpha Vampire is dead. You're changing the world and I want to be a part of it. your brother? Give me some time. Sam comes back to Mary and Dean.

End of episode.

trailer on the CW website.

No comments:

Post a Comment