Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

#TheOriginals 4.3 - "Haunter of Ruins"

"Haunter of Ruins"

FATHERS & DAUGHTERS — After five long years apart, Klaus attempts to reconnect with his daughter Hope (Summer Fontana). Even as father and daughter bond, the rest of the family is still in turmoil. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) mediates a conflict between Hayley and Freya (Riley Voelkel) to determine the best way to protect the family. Meanwhile, in New Orleans, Vincent (Yusef Gatewood) tells Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) terrible secrets about his ex -wife Eva Sinclair, even as they begin their search for a mysterious witch who plans to sacrifice a group of innocent children — including Hope Mikaelson. Jeff Hunt directed the episode written by Carina Adly Mackenzie and Declan de Barra (#403). Original airdate 3/31/17.













 Image credit: The CW

Episode 3:

Day. Klaus on the porch. Kol wants to go to St. Tropez. Elijah says we have a niece to consider. Rebekah agrees. Freya agrees with Kol. Klaus wants ONE DAY of peace with his daughter and he's not asking. Hayley brings Hope out. Hello. Hello. She asks to play in the garden. Runs off. Poor Klaus.

Vincent chanting over a fire in the church. Tries to burn the book he took out of the safe.

Vincent with his wife. She picked up his favorite jambalaya for dinner. He says going to the Quarter is not safe. She wants to leave New Orleans. She went to see Sophie Devereaux. She knows when a woman is pregnant. He's thrilled. She says you'll be a great dad, but not here. He says my baby is part of my bloodline and won't be at peace if it's not here. He grew up in a New Orleans that was a paradise for witches. 6 months. Let me make it safe. Let me do that for my kid.

Marcel arrives. Vincent says Eva wasn't always like that. What you saw was a shell. Something evil got inside her and twisted her up. Left nothing but darkness. I think that darkness is back again. Whoever's doing this will want more.

Klaus asks what terrible things did you tell her? Hayley says I told her you're a hybrid and very old. She doesn't know your history. What she does know is you protect your family no matter what. She's a sensitive kid and you're not very calm right now. You're her fairy tale prince, Klaus, but now you're real. You have a lot to live up to.

Rebekah asks Elijah about his purpose now. What will you do now you're not burdened with saving Nick's soul. He doesn't know. Rebekah isn't sure, either. True love keeps alluding her. He's sorry about Marcel. She says now we have a fresh start, decide what our new beginning will be.

Keelin. And Hayley. Why aren't you healing? Keelin never bought into the pack mentality. Calls Hayley disgusting. Freya comes in. Puts the mask back on. We need as much venom as we can get. Hayley leaves. I can't breathe in here.

Hope painting. Klaus says that's lovely. Mom said you like to paint, too. He does, very much. She gives him paper. He smiles and sits with her. AWWWWWWWWWWW

Vincent chanting again. Will comes. Adam isn't the only case. 3 additional missing kids. Vincent tells him to stay out of this one. Get the cops to stay out, too. Marcel comes back. Old Strix mansion has lights. Lock is busted off the gate. Will says you have the end of the day at best. The missing will hit the press. Marcel picks up the book. It didn't burn. Vincent says keep that book far away from me. If I even try to come for it, I want you to kill me.

Rebekah and Kol in the kitchen. He's feeding. She tells him to go somewhere else. She wants to be with the wine. She takes some blood, too. The woman collapses. Why the sudden melancholy? Kol says when we were in there, it felt like the world had stopped. Davina would've been 23 today. She would've made the world a better place. Meanwhile, we're here and what are we doing. Betrayal, paranoia, repeat.

Freya says this is a necessary evil. Why aren't you healing? Keelin dated an orthopedic surgeon. I broke my ankle. Then was healed the next day. She freaked. She analyzed her body and made a treatment to suppress her wolf traits. Wasn't magic, it was medicine.

Marcel has never seen Vincent scared. What are we up against here? Vincent says the past. 8 years ago, you were running this city. Had witches scared at every turn. I started looking for forms of magic you can't defend against. Then one night I found that notebook on my table. Sacrificial magic like I've never seen anywhere. Made me feel invincible. Something older than the Ancestors. The book is written in my handwriting and I don't remember writing it. WHOA.

Elijah and Hayley. You want the whole world to disappear. Hayley says not the whole world. You. Hope. Klaus can visit on weekends. She betrayed a lot of people. Had to do a lot of things. He says you're a Mikaelson. You were ruthless for your family. She says I'd do it all again. told myself it was for Hope, but all I thought of is you. I should be happy now, but one of my kind is in a barn miserable and scared and she shouldn't be there. he says release her. your life is more than salvation of the Mikaleson family. Trust me. You'll lose yourself.

Klaus tells Hope about the early days when they were human. He says he felt alone, different. Made his own paints. She spots a butterfly. It has a broken wing. She takes off her bracelet and does magic. Don't tell my mom. Fixes the butterfly.

Barn. Freya releases Keelin. A few parting words. You can't go back to your old life. You need to disappear. Someone's coming. Go now. She runs. Freya enters. Hayley stops her from going after her.

Freya says move and tosses hayley. Hayley says we have enough venom. Let's just hit the road. Freya says Marcel could be handing his venom to everyone. hayley says she'll protect Hope's innocence. Freya says she can live without it. She's a Mikaelson. She can't live without her family. Elijah intervenes. Enough. Freya says I have a wolf to hunt. Elijah says let her go.

Marcel and Vincent. Vincent says what happened to Eva was because of me.

Flashback. He never came to bed. She says you need sleep. He wants his child to learn magic for the joy of it. She says show me. We're a team, right? Always. She says a true sacrifice must be something truly loved. her bird. She breaks its neck. The blood on the symbol. Vincent leads her through the chant. The room has glowing lights.

So that's why she was sacrificing kids. She was willing to go further than I was and that scared me. We agreed to stop, then one day, babies started going missing from their beds.

Hope says she can't always control the magic sometimes. He says she'll one day be the greatest witch the world has ever seen. She says he's the strongest in the world. you'll keep the bad things away. He says nothing will harm my little girl. Nothing will even get close. You're all that matters to me. They hug. You're trembling. Are you cold? She says yes. I've been cold a while now. He says let's go inside. You can show me your drawings. Picks her up. She sees a blue glow in the woods.

Klaus looks at Hope's art. Rebekah teases him. He teases back. She says Kol wanted me to say goodbye. He's not surprised. She says he'll return. He says he always was a selfish git. She says you can forgive him a little wanderlust. He says I don't see you packing your bags. She knows she's his favorite, but she wants a family of her own. A happy parting. So long for now, I'll see you again soon. He says you are the only one who never treated me like a misfit. For centuries my only place was by your side. Now my place is with my daughter. You deserve to find your place as well.

Elijah at the pergola. Hayley says Hope is asleep with her muddy shoes on. He knows someone else that does that. teases her. Kisses her. She asks if he's okay. He tells her what Rebekah said. Sometime before, I wanted more. And I lost it under the chaos. She says hey, you're good. He says you are good. You're not a Mikaelson. There's too much good in you. it's why I love you. She loves him too. They kiss and dance.

And go to her room and strip clothes off.

Keelin finds a bar. Tries cars. Finds a truck. Freya is there. Stops it. Keelin runs. Freya gives her a headache. I can't let you go. Come back with me or I will make this hurt.

A man has 4 kids. They're under some trance. Marcel says get away from them! He stabs Marcel to a post. Vincent hits him with an urn. Man says I know you. Vincent Griffiths. It's happy you're here. It wants you here. That thing that resides in the city, in all of us. In you, loving you, as it loved your wife. Vincent attacks him and beats on him. He overpowers Vincent. Any time, Marcel. But he's still out.

Vincent wakes. Which eye would you prefer? Marcel finally attacks the man. Man uses magic against him. Let it be done.

Klaus by the fire looking at the drawings. All the same. hope says Dad? I think something's wrong.

Vincent grabs the man. Let him go right now.

She had a dream about a bad man. He was hurting kids and I think it was hurting me, too.

You gave it breath, Vincent, and now it must be fed. He kills he man. Checks the kids.

Hope feels dizzy and her head hurts.

Vincent says the spell is draining the life from these kids.

Klaus calls for Hayley. Hope is so cold.

Marcel asks what is this. Vincent says he knows the magic, he can reverse it. Chants over the kids. Adam wakes. Kids are up. 5 totems and 4 kids. Who's the other kid? Hope's baby brush!

Kol on the road. Finds a man dead in a car. Rebekah knew he'd like it. So predictable. Someone's got to keep you out of trouble. They get in and speed away.

Paramedics took the kids. NOLA PD will notify the parents. Vincent says Hope will die. We have to get her back here. We have to do a cleansing spell on the city. Get her back here.

Freya looks at hope. It's a magical affliction. it feels....cold. Hayley finds a note from Vincent. He knows what's wrong with Hope, he can cure her. But we have to go back to New Orleans.

marcel says you meet them, you help them, be discreet. I don't want anyone to know they're here. Why Hope? Vincent says she's a witch part of a powerful bloodline. A powerful sacrifice. Marcel asks what happened to the unborn child.

They tried to cleanse Eva. He used all his power. But she wasn't possessed by any demons. She had become her demons. I don't know what happened to our baby. Either way, it's my fault.

Freya says I know what you're thinking. I'm the wicked witch in your story. But people want you dead. My family wants you alive. Be grateful for that. Unless we destroy the disease. Maybe you can help me. Maybe you can help me weaken someone else. You and I are going to find a way to kill Marcel.

Klaus says you don't need to come. Elijah says let me take Hope. Hayley says we're all going. She needs me and I need both of you. We're a family.

The church. Vincent sits in a pew.

Eva says what lives in me, lives in you. Emptiness. It's still there. And you'll be the one that gives it breath. You got away because it let you. It needs you for later. it's still churning in the soil of this city. It will be fed and will be set free.

Will stops the ambulance and kills the medic!! Gets in. Tells the kids everything's going to be fine.

Next week - Trying to keep Hope safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment