Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

#AgentsOfSHIELD 4.21 - "The Return" live blog #agentsofhydra

 "The Return"

COULSON'S VICTORY IN THE FRAMEWORK REVEALS A GREATER THREAT, ON ABC'S 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.'

"The Return" - In the exciting penultimate episode leading into next week's season finale, Coulson and the team's victory in the Framework is short-lived, as an even deadlier enemy looms against them all, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, MAY 9 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie, and John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe.

Guest starring are Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez, Mallory Jansen as Aida, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Briana Venskus as Agent Piper, Maximilian Osinski as Agent Davis, Zach McGowan as The Superior, Ricardo Walker as Agent Prince, Brennan Feonix as Airman Whitley, and J. Michael Evans as Airman Richardson.

"The Return" was written by Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon and directed by Kevin Tancharoen.

Ep 21:

The oil rig. underwater. The Russian looking through the book. Hears noises. Tired of talking to himself. Sees AIDA disappear with Fitz.

Coulson and May left behind. He's pissed. They're disoriented. He says nice to see you again. Russian enters. Coulson tells May you can shoot him. She does. Coulson uses his shield arm to kill the robot. And there are more of him. Coulson closes the door. She says it's good to be back.

Bus fleeing from a jet. Zephyr can't fight back. Pilot says this thing moves like a tank, so he's doing what he can. Yo-Yo wants to know what happened to Mack.

Coulson updates May about the Russian and her android replicant. She says you must've spotted the decoy right away. He says like you're never robotic. She's hurt. Guess we don't know each other as well as we thought. Heh. She asks about Ghost Rider. He updates her on that, too. She says after we escape this place, we're definitely opening that bottle. He says we can't leave. Mack has to stay plugged in or he's dead. But help is hopefully on the way.

Fire in the Zephyr. Simmons and Daisy and Yo-Yo trying to save the plane. Jet fighter coming right for them. Daisy and Simmons get power on. That was close! Daisy says we have to get to the oil rig ASAP.

Fitz on a beach. AIDA enjoying feeling. Water on her toes. Warm sand. Water rushing over me. Fitz ready to throw up. She says sorry. You must be overwhelmed. Two sets of memories. She's being sweet. She says I was a slave, programmed to make the adjustments Radcliffe required. All I did was survive from there. Every decision you made was your own. Besides giving you your father, all I did was introduce myself. I couldn't feel, until today. I think my heart might burst from it. The first thing I choose, Leopold, is you. They disappear again.

Daisy and Yo-Yo arguing about Mack. He didn't want to come back! He didn't want to leave Hope! Daisy didn't know about her. Yo-Yo did. Daisy tells her in there she's 10 and bright and adorable and his whole world. He wouldn't leave her for anything. He didn't remember you. Yo-Yo wants to go in. Daisy says no. We need you here, or it'll all be for nothing.

Coulson thinks he knows where they are. Russians built substations under oil rigs during the Cold War. May sorting through meds. Coulson says don't use the adrenalin. You'll be useless afterward. She says so you give me mouth to mouth. What's up? You're weird. She asks if she tried to kill him. Heh. He says yeah, kill me. It was messed up. Heh.

Zephyr is short on power. They show Simmons and Daisy the news. Sabotage at SHIELD. There's a manhunt looking for them.

Fitz and Aida in a familiar space. She thought they could decorate it together. It's too much, I know, a silly idea. Every sense gives her a rush now. He asks if she has empathy. She can imagine other feelings. He says so you can imagine how your actions could be perceived. You were ruthless. She says I was programmed to make all of you happy. He asks who is on the list? What did you promise the Russian? What's waiting back there for my friends?

Door open. May took the epi. they fight the robots. Very durable robots. Coulson electrocutes one. May kills another. And falls. She's out of energy. Coulson says well done. You, too. Doesn't make sense, though. Why were they stalling?

Russian tells men to launch torpedoes. Shame. I'll miss the place. Uh oh!

Sub launches at the station.

Coulson tries to get May up to the surface. He admits to drinking the bottle of Haig. Water burst. He'll get her up top and go back for Mack.

Fitz tells AIDA to go back for his friends. She doesn't know what to do. I'm scared. I don't want to die. I'm afraid to die. fitz pushes. If you feel you're capable of love, make your choice now. Do the right thing. Focus on empathy, not fear. Ophelia, they don't want to die, either. Please, save them.

Water filling the room where Mack is.

AIDA appears to the Russian. Leave the SHIELD agents alone. I don't want to hurt anyone else. He congratulates her. Suffering from regret. Do you understand irony, yet? She orders him to stop. He says you don't control me anymore. He doesn't have empathy. You watched me smash the Director's bones with a hammer without a care. You're like an infant. You have yet to experience the thrill that killing can bring. Perhaps her will now. He says You don't know where my head is. Do what you want to this body. Nothing can stop my plan now.

Coulson and May up top. Daisy and Yo-Yo get to them. Fire up the elevator. Stairs have collapsed. Simmons says it's about to go down. Yo-Yo won't leave without Mack! Coulson pulls on her. They're all trying to convince her to leave.

Giant water bubble. AIDA appears with Fitz and Mack! You did it. You did it. Simmons shoots them. I have Mack. Let's go home.

Module flees the rig.

**Only icers, so no one's dead. Simmons doesn't know how much of Fitz is Fitz right now, and of course she won't be feeling kind toward AIDA.

Mack safe. yo-yo with him. They're returning to SHIELD and seeing the blast damage. May had stopped Coulson from coming after them. They head into the base. The prison room is still intact.

Simmons puts the module down there. AIDA and Fitz still asleep.

No one seemed to see them come in here. Yo-Yo wants to chop off AIDA's head. Coulson says she's a real person now. Simmons says you don't become Madame Hydra if you're open-minded. May says no more killing. Enough killing. They wonder about Fitz. Simmons asks what they remember from the other life. Does it feel as real? She breaks down and leaves. Daisy says she's afraid Fitz is that guy from the Framework. Yo-Yo says no, she's afraid he still loves someone else.

Fitz wakes. Ophelia already up. She says AIDA would've categorized this as irony. He thanks her for saving Mack. She says it was the best moment of my life. Do you think they can forgive me? Perhaps they need to make me feel pain. He says they'll forgive you. It's me they won't forgive. I did those things. Me. She says it was learned behavior. He says just like Ward. I'm Just Like Ward. He sits. How will she look me in the eye? She won't stand the sight of me at all. How can she stomach the memory of seeing me shoot that woman? Ophelia says the reason I wanted to get closer to you in the first place was to understand what you and Jemma felt for each other. He says yeah. Past tense. What we had is dead. you killed that, too. There isn't room in my heart for two people. She understands him now. It's sad, but beautiful, like a pain that feels good. He says my love will never face. There's only room in my heart for her. What? What do you mean her? What about me? He says in the Framework, you were my whole world, but.....but Jemma. She screams. I clawed my way through that world made my self flesh and blood and bone to have love! Fitz pleads with her. She says I chose you!

Simmons comes to tell them Fitz needs to get out of that room. She watched their whole conversation.

Ophelia says I chose you now you choose me. He says that's not how it works. you can't control people anymore. We will build a life together whether you want to or not. Fitz gets out and locks her in. She's screaming. Agents tell him the room will keep her contained. Fitz says that's not her only power. Ophelia blasts the room with electricity. Then disappears.

Talbot thinks they're all robots. Coulson says is this really necessary? He says yes! He found Mace looking like he was Quaked. 12 agents in critical condition. Etcetera. Can you explain that? Coulson says I can try.

Fitz tries to convince them to stop chasing AIDA. she kills a man.

Coulson told Talbot. Radio says she's everywhere! Talbot asks who! May says AIDA got out.

Agents shoot AIDA. Fitz says you can't stop her! Take off now! She'll kill us all! She CAN'T BE STOPPED. May. You know about the Inhumans we tested!

Davis with the body. AIDA gets up.

Daisy says drop your guns and come with us. Coulson says the Zephyr is leaving with or without you.

Talbot says search the base for threats and bodies.

Simmons stops to see Fitz. He won't look at her. She goes in the module. Sits next to him. He cries when she touches him. She pulls him in and cries, too.

Daisy and Coulson. Where's Yo-Yo?

In the Framework with Mack.

Russian. And AIDA. It's called heartbreak. Only time can heal that wound. And vodka. She says to be human is to suffer. He says you're far from human. I've read that book. She says I'm nothing but torn and twisted inside. I don't want it! He offers to make her feel something else. My plan will rebuild the world. One where Inhumans are hunted. She says your plan is flawed. Drinks more. It's too clean. I want them to SUFFER. Now. Make me feel something else. She kisses him. Pushes him down on the floor. Smashes his head over and over. Kills the robot. All better now?

Base. Talbot lost 3 men. Nothing else here. Place is empty. He says clear out. We'll have HAZMAT come in at dawn. He leaves. the portal fires up. Robbie! Ghost Rider is back! Flaming skull head and all.

Yo-Yo wakes in the Framework. She's strapped to a table. Screams.

Next ep - finale. Robbie rejoins the team. AIDA vs. Fitz. I'm going to kill everyone you love right in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment