Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2017

#Arrow 6.7 - "Thanksgiving" live blog #thanksgiving

"Thanksgiving"

OLIVER AND FELICITY CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING WITH WILLIAM — Oliver (Stephen Amell) celebrates Thanksgiving with his family but the happy moment is interrupted. Meanwhile, Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) returns to wreak havoc on the holiday. Gord Verheul directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Speed Weed (#607). Original airdate 11/23/2017.

Episode 7:

Thanksgiving Food Drive. Mayor and William serving. William glad they're doing this. Felicity talking to a reporter. If I was dating the Green Arrow, I think I'd know, besides, the Flash is much more my type. heh. Quentin and Dinah have the tally. Oliver address the crowd, then tour the SCPD HQ. Oliver says the SCPD has collected enough food to feed over 1200 families. He's proud to be here. Feds arrive. Turn around. Oliver Queen, you're under arrest. For activity as the Green Arrow. Reads him his rights.

Rene addresses the ....and the Fed wants to have Oliver processed. Dinah is the ranking lieutenant. She tells the desk clerk to process the mayor.

Oliver is not happy to be arrested in front of his son! He's going to sue Agent Watson. He says the Hood was Roy Harper. She says at your direction. And John Diggle is the Green Arrow now. He demands to see William. Until then, you get nothing.

He talks with William. I'll be home as soon as I can. Be as strong as I know you can be. Okay, buddy? They hug.

Curtis and Diggle. this will hurt. Prototype. Injects John's shoulder. Felicity's chip took a while to start working. Rene and Dinah arrive. Tell them what Watson did. Curtis asks why now? She never talked to me. Rene thinks they'll all get arrested. Curtis says they arrest the underlings first. Dinah doesn't think they're targets. John says now more than ever we have to protect this city. The city will become a war zone.

Black Siren is bummed she didn't get to kill anyone on this mission. Cayden says be patient. Gets them in. She kills guards. He directs them to a containment unit at the far end. Wait. Nanothermite is highly explosive. She screams. You do see how that could've gone wrong, yes? She says yes, but it didn't. They get the box.

Dinah visits Oliver in jail. Tell me what you need. He wants sleep. She offers to help him escape. He appreciates that, but being a fugitive will make William an orphan. Gotta do it the right way. Okay. Goodnight.

**Cayden's plan and Watson arresting Oliver convenient timing? Or directed?

Curtis on the computers. Sees video of the crime. They stole nano thermite. It has to be combined to be combustible. He calls Felicity. She says Oliver's arraignment is in 2 minutes. Back trace Cayden's hack. Gotta go.

City DA has to prosecute Oliver. Judge enters. Defense moves to dismiss for lack of probably cause. Prosecution says they have definitive proof. Judge will release Oliver on 5 million bail and a bond. Lawyer will ask for a fast-tracked trial.

John doing upside-down push-ups. Tremor is almost gone. You're a genius, Curtis. Cayden alert. John says call in the team and suit up.

Talking with Quentin. Felicity gets an alert. Leaves. Oliver tells Quentin that Black Siren is working with Cayden James. He'll distract himself with clearing Oliver's good name.

Black Siren on mission. Cayden warns her about volatile compounds in the facility.
Felicity tells Team Arrow move now. John gives out orders. They engage. John punched down and in pain. He's not okay. He tells them Stop Laurel! Go now go! He's in a lot of pain.

Shooting in AmerTek. Cayden tells Siren the objective is the package. She screams to blow the lights and get her team out.

**Curtis, what did your prototype do? this is why tests don't start on humans.

Bunker. They tell Felicity. Dig is stable. running tests at the hospital. Rene says we didn't shine out there without him. Felicity doesn't know what will happen when the compounds combine.

Diggle is suffering withdrawal from the drug, probably. Doctor will know when bloodwork comes back. Felicity calls. We have a massively huge problem. Thermobaric weapon. Cloud of fire that cooks everything in reach. Find where he's targeting. She tells John she's sorry he's dealing with this. She thinks he should tell Oliver. He'd want to know. John says not this week.

What do you target on Thanksgiving Day? Felicity says logical. Calculating. Curtis arrives. She's not happy he put the prototype in John. He says she picked the company name without him. Why do you get to be so offended here? She says we don't have time for this now. They work on calculating the target.

Oliver gets to Diggle's room. Felicity told him everything. Uh-oh. Are you going to be alright? John says fine. Oliver wouldn't have let him go out compromised or compromise the team. I've been mad at you before. This is the first time I'm disappointed in you. John says I apologized to the team. The. Team. My obligation begins and ends with The Team. I don't owe you a damn thing. Oliver hopes that's the withdrawal talking. I put on this hood because you asked me to. Oliver says you're blaming me? John says no, I blame myself. I put your needs, goals, above my family and my own. From the beginning, that's how it's always been. That was my biggest mistake. Oliver says mine was trusting you to be the Green Arrow.

He visits Thea. Hey, Speedy. I miss you. Miss chatting. They say that people in comas can hear other people talking to them. If you can hear me, wake up. Please. I need you know. Tears in his eyes. She's still asleep.

**Well, that conversation escalated quickly. WTF?

Bunker. Maximum damage is Starling Stadium. Billy Joel playing there tonight, sold out crowd. Rene is a fan. 35,000 seats. 4 hours to showtime. Cayden has her locked out of the grid. Oliver wants to declare a state of emergency. he apologizes. I didn't know about John's injury and I should have.

Oliver is told they're not cancelling. On a hunch? You haven't given me anything substantive. Give me proof and I cancel. Without it, we open the gates at 7PM.

Dinah asks Quentin if he's alright. She tells him her ex-boyfriend is Vigilante. Ever since, I've been trying to reconcile the man I loved with the monster he is now. Quentin is sorry. I had a chance to stop Laurel last month. I couldn't pull the trigger. Those people she's killing are on me. She says that's not close to true. I'm hoping it. I had a chance to stop Vince and I let him go, too. We see the best in people we care about. I'm not ready to believe that's a bad thing.

Oliver visits John again. To Apologize. You put my family in front of yours. You did. I asked you to put on the hood and I didn't give proper consideration to yours. I'm sorry. John asks about William. Oliver says he's a tough kid. He's thankful you're the Green Arrow so I don't have to be. John got the test results. Nerve damage spread to his back and the steroid caused permanent damage. If he continues in the field, he could be paralyzed. Oliver is sorry. John brings up the Dominator alternate life. Mine was being the Green Arrow. I got the one thing in the world I never knew I wanted. Oliver tells him about the stadium. What are you going to do?

Bunker. Felicity wants Dinah to call the shots in the field. Team argues. Dinah says it's okay, we just can't have a repeat of AmerTek. Curtis asks for suggestions on that. Oliver comes in. He has a few.

**So this is the occasion of putting the suit back on that Stephen mentioned a while ago. One-night special occasion. Just make sure no cameras catch any skin color.

Concert has started. Team Arrow on site. Oliver in the suit. Any luck locating the bomb? Felicity still working on it. Rene reminds Oliver better safe than sorry. Billy Joel singing and playing. Felicity directs them to corridor 52. Rene activates the fire alarm. Cops tell them false alarm. Rene fires. People run. Doors are locked. Those aren't cops! Overwatch, what's happening? She tells Oliver to focus on the bomb. Rene asks for help. Oliver sends Dinah and Curtis.

Bomb is a decoy.

Dinah blasts them.

Cayden and Oliver. Where is it?

Dinah and Rene taking down the fake cops.

Oliver fires and Cayden says there is no bomb, relax. This was to get your attention. He wants to talk. There is no such thing as insanity. Revenge is very real. You cost me someone dear to me. My son. That's why I've arranged this, so when your city burns, you know why. Black Siren screams at Oliver and she and Cayden leave.

Lot of trouble to talk to the Green Arrow. Felicity says there's a boy with Cayden on his birth certificate. Owen went missing. Curtis says a link is trending. No one knows these cops aren't cops. Cayden swaying the referendum. The referendum will pass. Oliver says prepare a statement. Dinah will get Lance. Felicity and Curtis make up. There's one more thing I'm sorry about. The angel investment we got?

Oliver addresses the press. Vigilantes have made this city a safer and better place, but as mayor, it's my duty to honor the will of the people. They voted for the harshest penalties possible. He hopes he'll be innocent and exonerated. Watson appears. She says vigilantes aren't heroes. They're cowards. What does your boy think of you? He says leave my son out of this. She says it matters what you do, not what I do.

John and Oliver with William. Oliver tells William that the Green Arrow wasn't at the stadium, just his team. Felicity takes him to the car. Oliver tells John to heal up. I want you to put that hood back on. Doctor says your sister, something's happened. Thea's awake and in a wheelchair. Hi, Ollie. They bring her Thanksgiving. William made the stuffing. Raisa helped a bit. She has a lot to catch up on. Thea woke with a drug not on the market yet. Oliver says I've never had more to be thankful for.

Next ep - The Crossover. Monday 9PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment