Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

#SPN 13.9 live blog - "The Bad Place" #supernatural

"The Bad Place"
 
JACK AND KAIA DISRUPT THE WORLD – Jack (Alexander Calvert), desperate to prove to Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) that he is good and that he can control his powers, enlists the help of a dreamcatcher named Kaia (guest star Yadira Guevara-Prip) to help him find Mary Winchester (guest star Samantha Smith) and save her from the alternate universe. However, when plans go awry, the Winchester brothers are the ones who need saving. Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#1309). Original airdate 12/7/2017.

Episode 9:

Mid-season finale.
 
Kissing couple in an artist studio. He has a painting buyer. Buzzer. It's Jack! The girlfriend leaves. Artist invites Jack in. You're a dream walker. You talked about your process. Artist says it's just a story. Jack researched him. your father and grandfather were medicine men. You can see other worlds. I want you to dream walk for me. Artist says no. Jack offers cash. Artist says IF, where do you want me to go? There. I want you go there. Scene in a painting.

Native American artist does his process. He doesn't like this place. Sees a structure ahead. Fortress. This world.... Jack says keep going. Artist says I'm not strong enough. Jack uses his power to look in his mind and see that world. I see it all. Jack, his feet are smoking! The man screams.

Derek? Derek, I'm home. His eyes are burned out. Girlfriend screams.

Patience Turner voice mail. Dean calling. We're looking for someone. We could really use a psychic's help on this. Call me back. Cas is in Tucson. Jody calls the boys. Bismark PD called her. Artist with his eyes burned out. Victim's girlfriend was a witness. I think it's your boy.

Patience in her room. Her dad says Mr. Carruthers called. She got a C on a test. He says you know the plan. Perfect SATs, perfect grades, and you have your pick of the Ivys. She tells him Dean called today. Why? He and his brother want my help. psychic help. What'd you say? She didn't answer. Dad asks her what's going on? No visions, right? She says right. She looks at her phone. 6 missed calls from Dean.

Bismarck, North Dakota. Talking to the witness at the studio. Derek had quite the imagination. She said he thought of his art as reportage. From the places he'd visit. Derek was a dream walker. Dean finds the painting.

Sam reading Dad's journal. Dean gets in the car with coffee. Sam says the lore on dream walking is inconsistent. Dean wants to talk about the painting. He thinks Jack is looking for Lucifer. I like the kid, I do, but worst case scenario land here. Sam says we need more info. Dean says okay, let's go to a reservation. Dean hacked Derek's email. He talked to another dream walker for months about how to handle her power.

She's at a drug addicts meeting. She overdosed. Plus stolen pills. She says I bought them. Court sent her here to get better. Let's talk about your scars. She doesn't want to. Stop. you don't know anything about me. I don't belong here. I'm not an addict. I hate doing this to myself! It's the only junk that keeps me awake! Keeps me from the bad place. The counselor doesn't understand exactly what she's talking about. We all have our bad place. We have to face it eventually. Jack is in there and meets her.

She asks Jack why he's here. He says I like cocaine. She doesn't believe him. He says I'm a friend of Derek's. He told me you're like him. Dream walker. Most powerful one he'd ever known. I can help you. Get you out of here. Follow me. He's so chipper, lol. Impala pulls up outside.

Kaia never knew her father. Most of her family died on her.

Jack and Kaia escaping. he makes the counselor sleep. She asks what are you? He says long story. She doesn't want to go with him. He grabs her. You will help me. Sam and Dean come out. Kaia hits him and runs away. Dean wants answers. Jack says I need her! I'm doing this for you. Derek's dead? Sam says tell us what happened. Everything. Jack wanted to prove he's good. I experimented, trying to open doors to other worlds. I needed eyes, a seer. Dream walker. I researched. That's how I found Derek. I joined him in the dream walk. In apocalypse world. I saw what he saw. And I saw Mary. He apologizes to Derek. I saw her, your mother. She's alive. She's in danger. It's easier if I show you. Offers his hands. Sam and Dean touched.

They see into the fortress. Mary in the cage. She calls for help.

Jack says Derek wasn't strong enough to hold the connection. Kaia, she's the key. Sam listening and talking with Jack while Dean is spun about what he saw.

She's hitchhiking. Car pulls over. Angels!! Knock her out and drive.

Patience has a vision about a creepy dark forest. Jody dead. Sam and Dean's faces. She was in a car in a parking lot.

Kaia wakes. Tied up. We want Jack. Son of Lucifer. Derek was uncooperative. We tortured him and he said Jack was coming to you. We needed bait.

Sam says we gotta find Kaia fast. Dean says you were right about Mom. Should've been looking for her this whole time. We find her, whatever it takes. Jack? Jack isn't happy they thought he killed Derek. Sam says we didn't know what happened. Maybe it was an accident.... Like the security guard. We were worried. We didn't know where you were going.... Dean says we thought you were looking for Lucifer. Jack says he's no one to me. You and Castiel are my family. Dean says yes we are. Finding Mom, you did a real good thing. Jack gets angel noise! Dean slams on the brakes. Angel radio. They've got Kaia.

Patience packs. Friend's in danger. They'll be in danger. You had a vision. They never stopped. I see things before they happen. Usually small things. I tried ignoring them, bit now, I can't. Dad, this is who I am. Dad says no. You know what happened to Grandma. She says you raised me to do what's right and if I don't go, people will die. Patience, don't! You go now, you choose that life, you don't come back. She keeps walking.

Kaia says you picked the wrong bait. I don't even rank a milk carton. I don't matter. Angel says of course you don't. But they think you do. We'll kill them and take the boy. Winchesters and Jack arrive. Angel tells Jack I want to help you. You belong with your own kind. Come home. He says I am home. Uses his power on her. She flies backward. Then he stops the other angel from stabbing Dean. And makes him stab himself. Jack unties Kaia. Dean goes after the angel. They have to explain to Kaia. Dean says the whole world's insane. You get used to it. Sam appeals to Kaia. Tells her about Mary. Dean says what's the play? Jack says there are sacred sites where it's easy to cross over. I was taking Kaia to the Wind Caves. She doesn't want to go. It's not a gift, it's a curse. She only goes to The Bad Place. It's just blood and death and monsters. She gets hurt there, she gets hurt here. this scar isn't the only one. I can't help you. Dean draws his gun and says get in the car. Get in the car. Get in the damn car! We're going to South Dakota.

**Sam, you can't be surprised. Horrified. Not surprised. Dean has a big Mom thing. Mama's boy in the worst way. He will do anything for her.

On the road. Sam asks Dean now what? She dream walks at gun point? Dean says we get Mom back no matter what, remember? Jack apologizes to Kaia about all of this. You don't have to be afraid of your powers. Derek thought you could help me and I could help you. She says Derek is dead because of you. Jack says give me 5 seconds to show you what Derek saw, what I saw with him. It was everything. Amazing. She agrees. Looks awed. Smiles. Jack says our powers can be good. We can do good in this world. Dean sees something ahead. Headlights! Almost crash into the angel's car. Turn and run. Dean stops the car and they get out. Dean tosses a bag. Takes out another duffel.

Sam taking the kids to the boat. Closed shipyard.

Dean stays to deal with the angel. She says we need that boy, only he can save us. More cars arrive. He runs. To the ship. Sam painting sigils.

Jack tells Kaia we'll be fine. Dean says we're screwed! up! Let's go!

Angels coming.

Sam wards a stairwell.

Angels spread out.

Sam says maybe we let them in and blast them all away. Dean says no, we'll all be dead. Go out guns blazing. Apologizes to Kaia. Jack says they get up here, they'll kill you all and take me. Kaia says no. She'll help open a door to get out. Dean tells Jack to do it! She and Jack get started. Ship is shaking with the angel's attacks.

Jack sees a forest. Dinosaur bones? Monsters coming. Portal opening....? Jack sees the world where Mary is. Dean says Jack no! Jack sees Mary again. Angels almost through. Kaia's back on the Bad Place. Jack trying to get her to focus. Flashes of Mary, Bad Place, Mary, Bad Place. Kaia screams and the room lights up. Over and over, and the angels are blasted away. Like ash.

Doorway open! Where is everyone?

jody's. Sam, can you call me back? I need to know you're okay. Patience knocks. I had a vision. Something bad's coming.

Angel swords melted. Area quiet. Doorway glows in the ship.

Kaia laying on the side of a road in daylight.

Mary in the cage. Jack wakes up below her.

Winchesters landed in The Bad Place. Dean groans awake. Sam? Sam says I'm good. They get up. Come on. Dean still holding an angel sword. Where the hell are we? Standing in a 3 toe footprint!!! Dinosaur scream. Heavy foot sounds.

Next ep - Wayward Sisters backdoor pilot. January 18. Sam and Dean tied to trees.
 
 
 

Supernatural EPs Talk Dean and Sam's New 'Bigger, Badder, Grosser' Reality

No comments:

Post a Comment