Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.5 - "Don't It Just Break Your Heart" live blog #vampires

"Don't It Just Break Your Heart"

FLASHBACKS TO 1930's GERMANY - A mysterious clue sent to Klaus (Joseph Morgan) leads him one step closer to finding Hayley. Antoinette (guest star Jaime Murray) opens up to Elijah (Daniel Gillies) after her past comes back to haunt her. Meanwhile, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) makes a decision that puts him at odds with Klaus. Finally, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) takes matters into her own hands to fix the mess that she's created. Riley Voelkel and Steven Krueger also star. Jeffrey W. Byrd directed the episode with teleplay by Jeffrey Lieber and story by Bianca Sams & Jeffrey Lieber (#505). Original airdate 5/16/2018.

Episode 5:

Klaus threatening vampires. Whoever sent this coin, it's time to show your face. He bites and kills in the room. Marcel clotheslines one so he can't run away. Klaus asks the vampire to confess. He says he doesn't know anything, so Klaus burns him in sunlight. The vampire woman says it's me you're looking for. We should talk.

She's chained and bleeding. Where are you keeping Hayley? Klaus stakes her hands to sit her up. Klaus bleeding the vervain out of her. Lack of vision will be his downfall. You and I have a friend in common. I don't blame you for forgetting. it was a long time ago.

Spring, Germany, 1933. Discussing art in civilization. Klaus tells August that it's the artist lacking talent. The mission of art is to inflame our passion. Elijah says derivative. Don't argue with this fool. Klaus and Elijah fake insulting each other. 13 years they'd been apart. They hug. Elijah warns Klaus that his presence in Germany has spread.

Do you remember him now? She says Augustus is her Jesus. The reason I and my friends have taken your sweet Hayley.

Manosque, France, present day. Elijah and Antoinette. He likes sundown without the ring. They're making out. And being watched. She tells him don't look. He was in the bar earlier. He thinks they should introduce themselves. Ladies first. She takes him out and Elijah looks at the camera. The man was watching her.

Hope and Freya training. Hope showing off her physical skills. Freya wishes she has core muscles like that. Hope says it's nothing like when I'll trigger my werewolf side. Freya brings up the breaking every bone part. Hayley told her a thorough description. It's not what he wanted for you.

The vampire says Hope is a menace, a threat. Klaus says she's a child. Vampire says the defect must be corrected. A dirtying of my species. Sullies the purity of vampires. She wants Hope to be bound to suppress the wolf side. Her werewolf nature or Hayley's life. Clock is ticking.

Elijah tells Klaus that there were a dozen massacres within 20 miles of us. Elijah worries about Rebekah. Klaus says she's in Chicago with Stefan. She writes me often. Elijah says she does seem happy. Klaus spots a symbol. Then grabs Augustus's painting. We have a problem.

Virulent fascist and slaughterer of werewolves. Marcel asks what did you do to him? Klaus can't put Hope through that spell. It's a pain worse than death. Marcel says if they kill Hayley and Hope doesn't get a chance to save her, they won't forgive you. Klaus won't forgive himself if he puts the curse on Hope and Hayley is dead anyway.

Hope finds the boy in her room. He's curious about Freya. She asks why he's so interested in her. He recites her history. I'm interested in you because you're the most interesting. She says you tell me something about you and I won't report you to Alaric. He says he once pissed people off and ended up dessicated in a cave. She asks what that was like? How long were you in there? He says long enough to replay the first pain free 16 years of life before moving on to my 17th.

Josh brings the woman a hangover cure. He's hoping a little kindness convinces Greta to release Hayley. Nothing that happened was her fault. Greta says not directly. But her daughter...

Marcel calls Josh away. Have you gone insane? Josh says she kind of has a point. Binding Hope means a safe Hayley, no more hybrids and... The Mikaelsons leave? Marcel has gamed this out already. But binding Hope is not an option. Marcel tells Josh if he likes his skull, to stop engaging with the enemy and keep his damn opinions to himself.

Antoinette is packing. The man with the camera stalks her. Tries to bring her back. They'll send a replacement. Elijah asks who is that?

Germany. Augustus boasts about killing the werewolves. Calls them an inferior species. Klaus wants to kill him. Elijah gets there first. You are a runt in a species of Leviathans. This is the first and last warning I will give you. Elijah releases him. Augustus says time to go, Antoinette. She says yes, Father. Ooooooo.

**So that's how she recognized Elijah when they met. They'd been in the same salon of intellectuals.

Greta says you shouldn't underestimate the movement, We will not fail. Klaus lists these movements. They all fail. He tries to compel her and she's still resistant. He says August was very weak and very small. She says he spawned a crusade of 100 years. You can't figure out how many of us there are and just how deeply we've infected your world.

Antoinette suggests heading East. He's angry that she didn't tell him they met before. She says you walking out the door is better than you hating me forever. He says enjoy Shanghai and leaves.

Klaus asks Marcel about traitors. He says we've moved to paranoid Klaus. Marcel says it'll take hours to get Greta clean and meanwhile, Hayley's suffering. Klaus says they'll give Hayley back breathless in a box. They only understand strength. Can I count on you to not blink in the face of their hatred? Marcel says always.

He and Josh walk away. Marcel says it's always like this. I offer help and he thinks it's capitulating to the king. Marcel had called Freya. He says until Freya calls back with Hope's decision, Klaus doesn't need to know.

Freya and Hope discuss the binding spell. Freya tells her once you realize everything you've missed, it devastates. Hope says to save my mom, I'd do it. Or because I'm responsible. Or because I don't really want that freakish side of me. But it's ALL those things. So please, Aunt Freya, get whatever ingredients you need, because we're doing this!

hope meets with the boy. She needs a favor. There's a thing I have to do and it might not end well. She kisses him. And again. He kisses her back. She says I might die today. It's how I get my mom back. So I needed to cross a few things off my bucket list first.

Klaus in the car. Remembering. Elijah reminding Klaus to stay low so Father doesn't gather this army to take you down. they enter a church of dead werewolves. Elijah says it's not your battle. Not this time. Those of us that matter accept you for what you are. Klaus says you stood and watched while Mother bound me and Father beat me. Elijah says I never stood by! I was tortured alongside you. Klaus needs him to stand with him against people who call part of him mongrel. His rage builds until he admits I have a mind to dagger you and stick you in a box on top of our sister. Elijah is angry. Rebekah's letters? Klaus can recite them. Elijah asks what he did to this Stefan. Klaus didn't have a chance to kill her latest suitor. Tells Elijah to stay way and next time you hear Mikael is on our trail, let him come.

Freya chanting after Hope gives her blood. Hope asks what does markem mean? It's a brand. Palms, feet, and the third eye. You can't pass out or stop breathing, Hope. What if I do? You just can't. Hope says do it. Do it! Freya resumes chanting. The moonstone goes into a fire as she chants louder. She's about to brand Hope and Klaus stops them. He won't allow this. Brother and Sister both know they're acting from best intentions. And family pain. Plants dying. You have to go, Klaus. You can't be with Hope. He tells Hope that this ends now and runs.

Elijah playing piano. Antoinette watches. I thought you'd be gone. He's still angry. She says the very first time I saw you, I knew who you were. And yes, we have a history, your family and mine, it was bloody. It was also the first time I fell in love with you. She plays with him.

She was playing in Germany when Elijah is looking for his brother. She says I'm not my father's daughter. I don't share his hatred. But he can't be reasoned with. And there are consequences to disobeying him. Elijah knows that kind of father. it's only a matter of time before he turns that ugliness on you. He's compelled ticket takers to help people out. They exchange names.

She abandoned her father's notions and lives by her new code because it brings her peace. I want to share this life with you. Marry you. Bathe in the sunset with you. I love you, Elijah. I'll be upstairs packing, but I hope it'll be to move on together.

Klaus tosses bodies. Marcel says you've been a busy boy today. Klaus abducted werewolves. He has a quart of Hope's blood and will make hybrids. Marcel says I did what was right for this city. Klaus says you need to be loved. That's your weakness. That's how I knew what you'd done, and that's how I know that you will always falter. Klaus feeds a female wolf. Tell everyone Greta is responsible for your fate.

Josh trying to convince Greta to confess. Tell me where Hayley is and I'll vouch for you. She says tell them......tell them I'm so much stronger than they could ever imagine! She breaks free and attacks Josh! Biting him, then slashing him with her nails.

Hope and the boy. He thinks it's pretty cool she didn't die. What happened? She says I'm on my own as far as getting my mom back is concerned. She has the binding spell on a scroll. All I have to do is lose a part of myself. I have three of them. How bad could it be? He says want to find out?

Marcel thinks Josh will survive. He's lucky to have his face. Klaus says I was angry. Marcel says you weren't wrong. I'm off my game. your sister did a number on me. Klaus says without Elijah, my temper gets the better of me. I'm far from blameless.

He attacked August. Ripped out his heart. Villagers coming forward. When you've had enough, pick up this coin.

Most were innocent. They all became victims of that part of me I was supposed to suppress. A woman weeps over August. She picks up the coin. Mercy for myself.

In the end, I was the match that lit the fuse. She says mercy for my daughter. Antoinette.

He empowered them with rage fueled by hate. Shame. I gifted them shame.

She says mercy for my son! It's the kid from Hope's school!

He's on the phone. I'm getting in the car and Hope Mikaelson is coming with me. I love you, Mom. He hangs up and Hope arrives. Gets in his Mustang convertible.

Next ep - May 30. Hope is missing. Elijah returns. The only one strong enough to stop Klaus Mikaelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment