Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.12 - "The Tale of Two Wolves" live blog #vampires #witches #MysticFalls #Klaroline #Legacies

"The Tale of Two Wolves"

RETURN TO MYSTIC FALLS - With Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) facing a life-threatening affliction and deteriorating quickly, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) travels to Mystic Falls to seek help from Caroline (guest star Candice King). Tasked with keeping Hope preoccupied in Mystic Falls, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) comes to a heartbreaking realization about his niece. Meanwhile, at the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, a run-in with Alaric Saltzman (guest star Matthew Davis) throws a wrench into Klaus' plan. Charles Michael Davis also stars. Rudy Persico directed the episode written by Carina Adly MacKenzie & Julie Plec (#512). Original airdate 7/25/2018.

Episode 12:

Pouring liquor. Marcel and Elijah. Elijah says Davina didn't bring good news? Marcel says Davina and Freya are out of options. There is no miracle fix here. Every witch is sure she won't survive the night. A binding spell would only kill her faster. This is terminal, Elijah. We can't keep this from her any longer. She needs a chance to say goodbye and we both know who needs to tell her.

Klaus heard their conversation. Get in the car, we're taking Hope on a trip. The school has a facility to handle a first wolf change. Klaus will not surrender to the inevitable now. Please, Elijah. You're the only one I trust.

Salvatore School. Dance team works with hoops. And magic. Caroline voice over. Students go to Ivy League. Silicon Valley. She's giving a tour to prospective students. Klaus asks if they keep the hybrids in the root cellar. She calls him janitor Bob. LOL. Into her office. He needs her help. Hope is dying. She won't survive tonight's full moon. She thought the Crescents could control transformations. He says the first transformation is a rite of passage, unavoidable. He needs the Gemini witches.

Diary of Stefan Salvatore. Hope has memorized. Dad is the villain and you're the evil henchman. Alaric wrote, too. In every story, Dad is the big bad wolf. She's weak. Elijah says Davina gave you pills for discomfort. She wants to spend the day with anyone else. He wants to take her to the cafe.

Caroline says no. They're children. He says they're siphons. She asks where do they put it? he says in me. She is not impressed with that plan. He brings up the past when they threatened to sink him to the bottom of the ocean. When your daughters put the magic in me, make good on that threat. I won't fight you this time. She says that was a long time ago. He won't allow his daughter to die, but will not endanger hers. Please, Caroline, please. I'm begging you.

A commemorative bench. Elena Salvatore MD office. Hope and Elijah at a restaurant. He points her to a piece of land that used to be their home. Smell of it haunts me to this day. Your father was obsessively painting back then. I remember the first time he showed me turquoise. And the first time I smelled blood. Mikael struck Klaus across the face. She asks what he did? Elijah wouldn't leave Rebekah and Kol at the mercy of Mikael, so we stayed. It was a mistake. We should've run away. but I swore I'd protect him. Landon brings her a milkshake. She says this is my uncle. Landon hoped she'd be back. He always wanted to go to New Orleans. Kids throw stuff that him. Elijah catches it. Landon invites her to a concert tonight. She can't go. Thanks him for asking, and the milkshake. He says nice to meet you. Elijah says and you. You could've gone with him. Why didn't you? She says because I'll be dead soon.

Caroline talking to her daughters. They want phones and to go to a dance, and take skirt rules out of the dress code. Caroline says yes to the skirts. Maybe to the dance. Deal? Deal. Mr. Mikaelson will explain what he wants you to do without a hint of temper and frustration. Klaus says thank you. Then Alaric shoots him in the back. Whatever's going on here, NO.

How does hope know? She cites the symptoms. How long do I have? Elijah says you're not strong enough to handle the full moon. Your father is searching for a cure as we speak. We will not allow anything to happen to you. She says it's for the best, anyway. Boys pick on Landon. Landon says you're $7 short. They leave, peeling out in a Mustang. Elijah pays. Asks if she knows how to drive. Time you drove a Bentley. He left 3 100s on the table.

Klaus awake. Alaric says you can cool off here until I get you a thousand miles away from my daughters.

Stop sign, stop sign. LOL. She knows what he's doing with life's little pleasures. I'm not suicidal. I don't think I was meant to exist in the first place. All the crazy things that led to me being born. Dad. Mom. Dad and Mom had a one night hate bang and boom, miracle baby. Can you be a miracle and a mistake at the same time? Nature has been trying to kill me since before I was born. I knew the power might kill me. It's my decision. Elijah says turn right here. They park at Mystic Falls High School. The Mustang. He asks why did Landon not fight back. She says he has to keep his job. Elijah says we have nothing to lose. I can compel them to do whatever we want. She says or compel them to do what I'm about to do. Relax, I'll be fine. She chants at the car. The water freezes. Glass blows out. She's grinning. That felt good. Elijah agrees.

Caroline takes the crossbow. Hope is in trouble. We can't turn our back on her. Ric says he still clouds your judgment. Klaus is a cockroach. You want to give him more evil power? Caroline, I know your intentions are good and I want to help Hope, but we can't do anything else? Bonnie? She says this is something our girls can. Pop a bottle of champagne when we sink him to the bottom of the ocean. He's a willing participant. Ric says the ocean won't hold him down, Car. Klaus broke out. Alaric's right. The ocean won't hold me. I don't intend to drown the magic. This is the last remaining White Oak Stake. Only one way to make sure the power is gone for good. Someone needs to kill me.

**Eeep. Is this why Klaus won't be part of Legacies? Will Hope be an orphan? And Caroline's going to be mysteriously missing. Joseph's pilot didn't get picked up, so he's probably available.

Klaus and Caroline. The owner of the house died 10 years ago. He sacrificed himself and didn't give me a choice, either. She's pissed about him sacrificing his life. He couldn't bring himself to destroy the stake. He says tonight when Hope is between witch and beast, your daughters can siphon the darkness. She says there must be some other way. He says of course there is. But he won't find the way today and today is all I have. She agrees to convince Ric to help. you're a good father. You're being a good person and that's all I ever... This would be so much easier if you stayed the Big Bad Wolf. Wait here.

Elijah walks back to Hope. Your father would kill me. She won't tell. Please don't. She wants to lay down. He says don't give up on this fight. She says it's too late. Dad has gone through too much torment. I can't save my dad. I'm a murderer. He says your mother is not your fault. Blame me. She says I left Mom to be taken! He says we need you to survive. She says no, I broke this family. I don't want to fight anymore. I'm tired. I want my mom. I'm so tired. She collapses.

Elijah gets her to Klaus. No heartbeat.

She wakes in the dark forest. Hope? Hayley! Mom? They run to each other and hug.

**Phoebe said the last scene she filmed of the season was with Hope.

Hayley says you shouldn't be here. It's not your time, yet. You have to go back. I need you to fight this. Wake up!

Klaus pleads for Hope to come back to him.

They hear him. Hayley says you have to go back. Hope can't forgive herself. Hayley forgives her. It was about hatred born before you and me. Fight this. Wake Up. Hope doesn't want to leave her alone. Hayley says I'm not alone. Listen. Come with me. It's a camp with music. Jackson! Played the guitar. He watches with concern. Hayley's parents. Grandma Mary. I'm not dead because of you. I[m at peace because of you. Hope asks if she'll ever see her mom again. Hayley says not for a very long time. Make art. Use your voice. And have at least one totally epic love. Be every bit of yourself. The very best of me is in you. Hope loves her. I love you, too. Always and Forever. Hope doesn't want to let go. Hayley says I need you to do something for me.

Klaus pumping her chest. She gasps awake. He holds her. You're okay, you're okay. Dad, I don't want to die, I don't want to die. He says I found a way to save your life and everything will be better in the morning, I promise.

Jazz concert. Walking Mystic Falls. Klaus tells her about the siphon plan. She asks if he's sure about this. He says yes. Tonight is about you. Elijah on a bench. She goes to him. Klaus grins and leaves them. She gave Elijah a sundae. He says when you were born, I declared you'd be the savior of this family. It wasn't fair. We shouldn't have been your burden to bear. She says you weren't much older than me when you promised to protect my father. We were born with responsibilities we didn't deserve. He sees so much of her mother in her. She says I saw her. She told me to tell you she's still holding out for that dance. Some weird part of my subconscious. But nice to have a good dream. I haven't had one in a while. Elijah spots Landon. Tells Hope to behave and leaves with the ice cream. She goes to Landon. He thought she had to be somewhere. She says I'll be here a little bit, but I have a curfew. He says that jerk from the Grill wrecked his car today. He asks if she wants to dance or something. I might suck at it. Kinda living in the moment, here. She agrees. Smiling. Klaus watches. Caroline comes over. Don't worry, I'll behave myself. Thank you for allowing your daughters to be involved in this mess, for trusting me. She says years ago, I put the girls in the car and drove, and I ended up in New Orleans, looking for you. You weren't there. Part of me has known you weren't the villain of my story. He leans in to kiss her and doesn't quite. Clock chimes. She says we need to get back to the school. It's time. He says Hope can have the next 5 minutes dancing. Caroline says don't you have a million things to say to her? He says she'll figure it out. I want to stand here and watch my daughter dance with a townie. Caroline gives one last look before leaving.

**Man, the end of this show is going to wreck us.

Klaus puts chains on her. If you get scared, close your eyes and sing. She says I'll be okay. I'll see you after. He says the girls have made a siphon tonic. I'll go get that.

Klaus finds Elijah there. Elijah won't allow this. You know that. Klaus says you know this is the only option. Elijah takes the stake. Tell those girls to take me instead. Your daughter needs you. Klaus will not kill him! He fights with Elijah until he is unconscious. Take care of her for me, brother.

Klaus gets Hope. We don't have time. You need to do this in nature under the moonlight. Drink this. She cracks and falls. it's starting.

Girls chant in a circle.

Klaus tells Hope to focus on the air in her lungs and the ground under her. Let the pain swallow you whole, and it can't break you. When you're done, run wild and free. I'm so proud of you.

Chanting.

Hope transforming. She screams.

Chanting.

The magic leaves Hope. She continues into the wolf. Klaus smiles at her. She goes running.

Elijah wakes. Noises outside. Wolf attack. He opens the door.

Klaus finds Ric. Caroline is a vampire and there's a baby wolf running the woods. She couldn't watch you die. Klaus gets in the circle with the Gemini twins. The magic entering him. Elijah was blocked outside. Ric takes the girls. Niklaus? Niklaus. Klaus puts the stake to his heart. Don't. He starts to push.

Next ep - Klaus's funeral? The family gathers. Klaus doesn't know how to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment