Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2018

#Supernatural 14.5 - “Nightmare Logic” live blog #spn

“Nightmare Logic”

DARE TO DREAM – After a hunt gone wrong leaves Maggie’s (guest star Katherine Evans) whereabouts unknown, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles), Mary (guest star Samantha Smith), and Bobby (guest star Jim Beaver) race to find her, but what they find are their own worst nightmares. Darren Grant directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1405). Original airdate 11/8/2018.

Episode 5:

It's 8PM Thursday and KTLA is showing a special news edition about brush fires instead of Supernatural.

8:46 and Southern California still only has local news, so no Supernatural tonight. They haven't bothered to say when they might re-air it, either.

Claremore, OK. Woman in the dark. Flashlight. Maggie enters a graveyard. Rawling. She opens her backpack. Starts recording with a camera. She's thinking ghoul. Here we go. She has a machete. Opens the door. Enters the crypt. Really big crypt. Behind you! She's attacked.

Bunker. Sam telling the hunters to get their homework down. Dean enters. Sam tells them to get to work. Dean tells them to have fun out there. Tells Sam we should get you a whistle. Dean thinks hunter check ins are adorable. He asks Sam if he's gotten rest lately. Sam says I have 16 hunters on cases right now. Don't worry about me. I'm good. One hunter missed check in. Maggie. 

Sam on the laptop. Dean on the phone. Sam watches the bodycam. They upload to the server. They see the ghoul attack her. Sam suspects she's probably hurt and dead. Dean says we don't know that. Let's go there. We have a shot of bringing her home.

Arrive at the cemetery. Open the door to the Rawling crypt. Dean spots drag marks. No blood. Sam says ghouls don't take prisoners. Dean isn't jumping ahead. A man calls out looking for who's down there. Gardener confronts them about private property. They front about being with the historic society. If we could just speak to the owner.

He's excited to talk about the home. He asks about the colleagues. They got here right before you did. Bobby and Mary! What are you doing here? Sam wishes they checked in with the main office before coming all the way out here. Bobby says the main office is run by a bunch of idjits. Mary takes them aside. Dean chats with Neal. He's not the owner. I'm Mr. Rawling's nurse. 

Mary tells Sam they were helping Maggie through her first solo hunt and got worried. Dean calls them for a word. Mr. Rawling is in a coma. Dean and Sam agree That's the guy from the video. If he's here, where is...

Maggie's strung up. Begging for help. There are blood bags.

Sasha, Mr. Rawling's daughter arrives. Neal clues her in. She's confused. This house? you're sure? Dean says it's got good bones. She doesn't know how long her father has lived here full time. It's been a long week. She tells them to leave, she can't talk today.

Hunter discuss what this thing actually is. Bobby sprinkled holy water on the guy. Bobby says Maggie wasn't ready! A real leader would've seen that a mile away. Mary makes peace. Sam, you're with me. Bobby, you're with Dean. 

She says don't listen to Bobby. Sam says maybe he's right about everything. Mary thinks this is what he was born to do. If Bobby can't see that, it's not the only thing he's missing lately. She says things have changed. We're hunting all the time. He won't take a break. Won't talk about it. Bobby's not like your dad when I knew him. Bobby has walls, big ones. She's embarrassed talking to him about this.

Bobby says you think I was too hard on your brother? Dean says he's doing his best. But it's killing him. 

Sam says I'm still getting to know this Bobby. Our Bobby, his wife was possessed by a demon and he had to take care of it himself. Whatever he has behind his walls, it's not going to be pretty. If you care about him, try to figure out what's there. She spots something.

Bobby and Dean. Find a shack. Trapper cabin? Man in the woods. Bobby goes after him while Dean checks out the cabin. 

Burnt IDs. Hunter wallets had been burned on a campfire.

Dean finds a body. 

Hunters have died here. Not one of ours.

Bobby? Dean gets grabbed by the old man thing. He stabs it and it turns to dust all over him. Opens the door and Bobby returns. 

Daughter in the father's room. Noise outside. More. Upstairs. Something walking around. Hello? Neal? Door ajar at the end of the hall. Thing growls at her. She runs, falls, then it's gone. 

A thing chased me down the hall. It looked like a vampire. I'm crazy. Sam says you're not crazy. She asks what are you doing in my house? They explain they hunt monsters. Dean comes in and says there's a dead guy in the shed. Sam says something is killing hunters. Mary goes to check on Bobby at the truck. The groundskeeper left hours ago. Dean says this thing makes no sense. What kind of vampire lets dinner go AWOL? Sam says maybe they are manifestations. Remember that guy, he was psychokinetic. Dean asks if the dad has ever shown - Psychic powers? No. Sam asks here what happened when she saw the vampire. She thought she heard rats in the attic. But she got scared and didn't go. Sam's going.

Mary searches for Bobby. Calls for him. 

Mary takes a pill. Dean sharpening a blade. She hates the sound. Dean asks if she's okay. She says my father's dying and there's a strange man sharpening a blade in my living room. Thank God for benzos. She's not interested in a heart to heart. Dad wasn't the best person. He was gone all the time, working. She found Mom. Depression ran in the family. I was 12. He never said sorry. Yet she worshiped him when she was a kid. Didn't know any better. Dean advises her to let it go. The past is...nothing you can do about it now. So it's just baggage. Let it go, you feel a lot lighter. He tries. Every single day. 

Sam upstairs. What's making the ringing tone? He goes to the room Sasha did. Corridor to the attic. Stored stuff. Old toys. Maggie! He pulls the needle out. Sam? It's here. It's here. Sam gets attacked and it collapses into dust. She didn't mean to get caught. Sam says it's alright. We'll get you out.

Bobby wandering in the woods. Daniel? Hey, Dad. Bobby attacked. Daniel, you can't be. Daniel has burnt out eyes. Damn, this feels real good. He beats and kicks Bobby over and over. Stakes him to a tree with an angel blade. Come on, Dad, I know you're curious. He says they crucified me piece by piece. Mary arrives. Bobby tells her to get out of there. Mary shoots it. Daniel attacks her. Strangling her. Bobby pulls the blade out and falls to the ground. Tackles Daniel. I'm sorry. Stabs it and it explodes into dust.

**So now we know this Bobby's damage. Instead of a wife, it was a grown son.

Neal with the old man. Dean notices blood transfusion. Dean asks Sasha to make him a sandwich. She eventually gets the cue to go. Dean pulls his gun on Neal. It didn't hit me at first. Then I remembered. I saw that rig when I was hooked up to it. You're taking his blood. You're a djinn. Neal reveals himself. Why are you going after hunters? Because you told me to. You think I'm Michael. You're not? No, not anymore. Neal thought Michael was testing him. Find somewhere quiet, set up shop, kill as many hunters as I can. Djinn, what power do we really have? Now, one touch, I see minds, nightmares. And because of him, I can bring nightmares into the world. Rawling's worst nightmare is dying in this house alone. Maggie's were much more interesting. And your old friend Bobby. The things slithering in his mind. Dean shoots Neal's leg. Neal attacks him. He's curious about Dean's nightmares. Reads his head and Neal is in pain. Dean gets the advantage. I don't have a blade dipped in lamb's blood, but I can improvise. Neal says he made dozens of us waiting for you and your family. Dean says you don't know my family. Knocks Neal out. Picks up his gun and empties it into the body.

Dean takes the needle out of Mr. Rawling. Give him time and he'll come around. Sasha is with him as he starts to moan. It's okay, Dad. I'm here. 

Back to the bunker. Everyone thrilled to get Maggie home. They all hug her. Dean tells Sam you did this. You got her home.

Mary patching up Bobby. Bobby says you weren't supposed to see that. She says you can talk to me. He say Daniel was my son. My wife didn't die natural. Daniel and I buried her together. Hunting got us through. Then the angel wars started. They gave me a platoon. We got separated. You can figure where this is headed. Mary says it wasn't your fault. Bobby says I brought him to war. I sent him to die. I don't even know what they did to him. We never found the bodies. I never figured I'd be any kind of father to a child, but Daniel was the best thing in my life. I always assumed war would kill me, too, but it didn't. Lately, I've been looking for other options. It ends the same. She says no. You are not allowed to give up on me. He doesn't know any other way to live. She says then we'll find one. Awwww.

Dean talked to Maggie. She can't wait to get back out there. Mary and Bobby come in. Boys, we need to talk. 

Sam on the phone. Key is under the garden gnome. Donna says her cabin is your cabin. Bobby calls Sam over. Those things I said before....this job is no picnic. I don't know if I ever really had it in me. But you do.

Mary tells Dean they'll just be gone until Bobby is back on his feet. He says Mom, go, be happy. Hugs her. She hugs Sam and they leave. 

Dean calls Garth. Sam talking to another hunter. Telling people about the super monsters. Spread the word. That's everybody. Dean goes in the fridge for a beer. It's Michael, all Michael. I've been trying to move on....from what he did. I was starting to feel like myself again. Almost. Sam says we'll work harder. Dean says you get 3 hours of sleep a night. Sam says we'll find him and kill him. We'll find something. Dean hopes he's right. 

Next ep - Charlie. There;'s a hybrid between man and fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment