Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2019

#Supernatural 14.15 - "Peace of Mind live blog #spn

"Peace of Mind"

PLEASANTVILLE - Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) follow a case to a picturesque little town in Arkansas, only to find out nothing is as idyllic as it appears to be. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Jack (Alexander Calvert) take a road trip to visit an old friend. The episode was directed by Phil Sgriccia and written by Meghan Fitzmartin and Steve Yockey with teleplay by Meghan Fitzmartin. (#1416). Original Airdate 3/14/2019.

Episode 15:

Scooby Doo $2 matinee. Young man running down a street. Goes to a 50s diner calling for Sunny. She opens the door. He hugs her. She can't leave with him. She tells him to go. He kisses her. I love you. He runs. 

Past the Charming Acres sign. Into Cloverhill Market. His head is in a lot of pain. He needs a phone! Takes it from the clerk. Falls to his knees in an aisle, screams, and his head explodes. Dude.....? Do you need help? The clerk vomits when he sees the carnage. 

Jack holding the snake. Cas comes to the door. Jack, you say that, but ever since the hunters and their funerals. How's the snake? Jack says he won't eat. Cas suggests the snake misses his previous owner. He's been through a lot of change in a short period of time. Something you have in common. He asks Jack if he has his powers back. Jack floats a pencil. I feel different now. Not like before. And your soul? You want to know how much I had to burn off to kill Michael. yes. I don't know. I try not to think about it. Cas leaves the bedroom. 

Dean eating a huge sandwich in the kitchen. thought you would sleep until the cows dragged you home. LOL. Rowena called. She's not great. But she's coping. How's the kid? He says he's good. How's Sam? He says he's good. I think they're both full of crap.

Sam comes home and sees all the murdered hunters. Memory haunting him. He enters the kitchen. Found a case in Arkansas. Dean needs some rest after 3 back to back hunts. Sam's leaving in ten. Cas will go with him. And you should talk to Jack. He looks up to you. You've seen this before. Dean says I wasn't great with Sam. Cas doesn't think Jack's soul is completely gone. Just talk to him, get him to open up. Then sleep until the cows come home.

Sam and Cas in the car. That thing's had better days. Park at the market. Sounds like a witch. Or a demon maybe. Cas tells Sam he needs to rest. Sam says it doesn't mean the monsters will stop. And we don't have as many hunters as we used to. They talk to Griffin, the clerk, about the incident. Griffin describes it. Went all Scanners. Cas asks if it was Scanners 1, 2, or 3. Griffin says the guy was from Charming Acres. Had that look. About 5 miles up the road. But it's weird. 

Like a town in the '50s! Cas parks. It's like we're stepping into a Saturday Evening Post. I look at them sometimes after you fall asleep at night. They're very soothing. Should we call Dean? Sam has no bars. They stop a couple. Ask about the death. Justin Smith and Cindy. He says ask at Harringtons. And try a milkshake, they're the best. He asks what the cell phone is. They walk away. Sam wonders what that was. Cas says maybe they're Mormon. LOL. 

They enter the diner. This is weird. Yeah, a little bit. Sit at the counter. It's Sunny and her dad. First one's free. Sam tries it and it's delicious. Her dad has been hearing about them. Chip Harrington is the mayor. People who live here, well, we take care of each other. Sam asks about Conrad Martin. Chip says the police came by. An aneurysm? Cas says no. His head exploded. Like a ripe melon on the son. Sam asks for anything they can find out about him. 

Like a ripe melon on the sun. Try to be a little less apt. They're at the hotel, a big Victorian. The woman greets them as agents. Small town. She asks them in. 

Jack feeds the snake in the kitchen. Dean asks if it's a science project. Jack's trying different foods. I think he's sad. Dean suggests bacon. I like bacon. Finds mice in a carton and he's freaked. He asks Jack to take a field trip. I'm going to make some bacon now. Jack asks the snake if he'd like some. 

She takes them to Conrad's room. He'd only been here a few weeks. She only rents to single men. Not proper for young women to live alone. Sam asks for some coffee, please. Cas searches the room. Finds love letters under the mattress. From Sunny. Sam returns. The letters are passionate. Erotic. Sam says let's check that out tomorrow. It's getting late. I probably need some rest. He wants to stay. She's making pot roast. 

Justin Smith still obsessing over the cell phone mention. I bought one in Houston for my daughter. Rose. My daughter. Who are you? What am I doing here? He removes the glasses. This isn't my house! He runs outside in the same pain Conrad was in. Crying for help. His head explodes and his body collapses on the sidewalk. Cindy calls Honey?

In the Impala. Dean still disturbed by the snake. Suggests Jack eat. Not hungry. Then tells him to feed the snake snack cakes. He's babbling. It's not the snake that's dangerous. It's their bite. Is that a saying? It is now. You try one of those. They're great. Jack debates between devil's food and angel cake. Picks the angel cake and Dean is relieved. 

Cas looks for Sam in the morning but his room is empty. Goes downstairs. he's sweeping while listening to music. Cas yells to get her attention. She asks if he's hungry? No, I don't eat. I'm looking for my partner. Sam went for a walk and a milkshake. 

Cas goes to the ice cream parlor. It's playing the SAME SONG. Sunny comes out of the back. Cas is looking for his partner. Oh, the tall man. She says he was here a little while ago. He left when, um.... You heard what happened to Mr. Smith?

Cas knocks at the Smith house. Cindy lets him in. Would you like a martini? He's looking for his partner. The tall man. Hair? He has beautiful hair? this is complicated. He goes to sit in a chair and she screams. That's my husband's chair. He tells her Justin died last night. She laughs. I think you're confused. Have you already had your martini today? Cas says he really died. She says my husband is good. He says he's not. Sam enters as Justin Smith! In the glasses and a cardigan. Why don't you stick around? We're having pot roast. Honey? Make me a martini? Cas asks who does she think you are? This is not your house. Sam says this is my wife's house. I'm simply living here. Cas realizes something terrible has happened. She says we're low on olives. Sam is feeling adventurous and wants 3. She says rawr. Cas keeps pushing and Sam tells him he has to leave if he can't be civil. Using H E Double Hockey Sticks....you should have your mouth washed out with soap. He shuts the door on Cas. 

**LOL. Jared is SOOOOO nerdy as Justin Smith. The tiny ponytail!

Dean takes Jack to Donatello's house. Don comes out to greet them. Great to see ya. I'm the picture of health except for my prostate. Shaped like a papaya. Wow. Dean says when it comes to souls, Donny here is an expert. Dean will stay out here and keep an eye on the snake. Don takes Jack inside. Dean returns to the Impala. Looks at the snake. Pounds the roof and spooks himself. Then moves farther away from it LOL.

Don and Jack catch up. Jack has a question. How did you lose your soul? God's sister ripped it out of me. Not my best day. Wasn't my worst day, either. Jack asks how he felt? Don says like the galaxy. Our galaxy's all bright and shiny and spinny, but in its center is a large black hole. Same with me. Inside? Empty. Jack says so you feel bad. Don feels nothing. Losing your soul doesn't make you anything. it's an absence of pity, of empathy, of humanity. How do you feel, Jack? Jack doesn't know. I know I don't feel nothing, but I don't feel the same, either. Maybe I don't know what nothing feels like. Mostly I don't want Sam and Dean and Cas to worry. I need time and space to figure things out on my own, but everywhere I go, someone's looking over my shoulder. Don says when I need to blend, I look to Mr. Rogers. The best man I know. Tells Jack to think What Would the Winchesters Do? Jack can do that. 

They return to Dean. Jack asks how's the snake? Might be hungry. He gets in the car. Dean asks Don if Jack has a soul. Don says if he seems okay, he probably is. So he's not like you. Don says Jack is probably the most powerful being in the universe. Really, who knows what's going on inside his head. Jack waves. Dean thanks Donatello.

Cas confronts Sunny to talk. About how you're a witch. You brainwashed my friend and done something to the entire town. You wrote these to Conrad. You begged him to leave. Why? Were you afraid you'd hurt him? Tell me, or I'll rip it from your mind. She says it's not me, it's him, he's out of control! Mayor Chip says that's not very nice. He brought some men, including Justin/Sam.

So you did this. What are you? Chip says a Good Samaritan. He's always had intuition. Then the mill shut down. The town started to die. His wife passed away. No matter what I did, people weren't happy. things kept getting worse. I head voices. I screamed Just make things better! The very next day, I thought I wish there were more people in the soda shop. And it was packed. I figured out I can make people do whatever I want. He remade the town. Made everyone happy. And the ones that fought it, well..... You murdered them. Chip says he was protecting his home. His tricks don't work on Sunny. She's too much like me. Sunny says she's nothing like him. Chip asks why can't I change you? Cas says I'm on human. The men attack Cas. Sunny runs out.

Chip says you killed that boy by telling him the truth, not me. 

Cas easily handling the humans. Sam tackles him. Takes his angel blade. Cas tells him to fight this. Sam says why? We're all happy. Cas says he knows he wants to be happy. I know how it is to lose your army. Fight this or you fail us. You fail. Jack. You fail Dean! Sam takes off the glasses. He's back. 

Chip says in this town. I'm God. Sam says no you're not. We met God. Cas says God has a beard. Chip starts making Sam's head blow up. Tosses Cas. Sunny screams at Chip to stop. He's on the ground. You hurt innocent people. You want to be happy. Then BE HAPPY. Her dad is catatonic. Cas reads Chip's mind. He's in a world that's beautiful. He can never hurt anyone ever again. She's glad. 

Dean and Sam return home. Seemed like the snake enjoyed the trip. Jack says hard to say. He's very guarded. He calls the trip illuminating and goes to his room. Sam and Cas return. Arkansas was......weird. Cas told Dean about the case. the cardigan. The wife. He said you were really happy. Cas goes after Jack. Sam says it wasn't real. Dean says not a lot of happy going on here. Sam hates this place right now. I see them. I see Maggie. It's why he was so desperate to get out. But I can't keep running. This is my home. Our home. Dean, I just need some time. Dean pats his shoulder and says okay. 

Jack picks up the snake. Cas says you miss your friend. You need help. Sam and Dean would help you, so I'll help you see your friend again. In Heaven. He disintegrates the snake! Cas saw from the open door. DUN DUN DUN.

Next ep - Monsters that roam the woods driven to consume sweet mortal flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment