Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2019

#Legacies 2.7 - “It Will All Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough” live blog #vampires #werewolves #witches #AlexisDenisof

“It Will All Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough”

THE RACE TO CLOSE THE MALIVORE PORTAL — After deciding that leaving town would be for the best, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) gets pulled back in after Josie (Kaylee Bryant) comes up with a risky plan to close the Malivore portal. Elsewhere, Alaric (Matthew Davis) and Dorian (guest star Demetrius Bridges) make an alarming discovery about Professor Vardemus (guest star Alexis Denisof), while Rafael (Peyton Alex Smith) learns some upsetting news about Landon’s (Aria Shahghasemi) future. Jenny Boyd also stars. Lauren Petzke directed the episode written by Jimmy Mosqueda & Cynthia Adarkwa (#207). Original airdate 12/5/2019.


 
Image credit: The CW

Episode 7:


Landon and Hope moments. Music montage. Landon says have you ever had a memory that you can't be sure was real or just a dream? You let it go. What if you realize it was real? All real?

Lizzie and Josie come to Hope for portal duty.

Landon passes Vardemus in the school. Raf with him. And the monster eye ball is still lurking.

Lizzie trying to get Josie and Hope to talk to each other. Lizzie's never been better. Vardemus wants Sebastian enrolled to keep him off the streets. Lizzie won't let that happen. Josie tells her to forgive MG. Hope didn't want to hurt anyone, either. Hands the crystal to Josie. Thanks. Lizzie says look at us. Letting our intellect rule over our emotions. This is the definition of girl power. I'm proud of us. Then a djinn? shows up. He speaks a riddle. Josie says the sisters are night and day. He says he's the master of ancient lands. The divine sphinx. People are usually more impressed. Hope says it's been a long semester. They go invisible from the people.

Hope tells Ric we caught a sphinx. He hugs her. You told me your story, but now with the memories, I'm happy to have you back. Hope wishes everyone felt the same. She's heading home to New Orleans to research closing the portal with her aunt and her circle of witches. Ric asks if this is round trip? Hope doesn't know.

Josie using the hologram crystal to talk to Landon. Who will you choose? She gets an idea to give Malivore a fake Landon.

Landon and Raf in the library. You haven't left my side for 22 straight hours. Raf is keeping him safe. I owe it to you. Josie comes in. Any chance we can talk? Raf gives them space. She has a crazy idea.

Vardemus says this certainly takes the cake. It takes a certain level of black magic. Josie says her dad will deal. Vardemus says technically, it's possible. This trident will be of use. Are you sure you're ready for this? Landon says the only one who has to do anything dangerous is Hope. Vardemus asks what will you say to convince her?

Landon goes to Hope at the bus station. Don't go! I need you! I can't stand losing you again. I love you. She loves him, too. Landon and Josie show up. Ah, hell. You had to find Hope? Hope wonders what the hell is happening.

This is the opposite of girl power, the opposite of clear thinking. We made a SimuLandon. Josie telling Lizzie.

Landon explaining to Hope and Raf. SimuLandon wants to stay with Hope. But he'll disintegrate tomorrow. We have to pump him full of Hope's blood. Then he goes in the portal and disintegrates before he can be spit out.

Raf watching the sphinx. The sphinx is giving riddles still. The answer is man. Sphinx wants to know what else has been written about him. So many books, so few facts. I am the oracle. You've earned an answer to any question. Raf says don't listen to the monster. Sphinx says spinxes can't lie. Raf only wants to know how he keeps Landon safe from Malivore. Sphinx's eyes glow. There's no keeping Landon safe as long as he remains here. You must get him elsewhere if you wish to keep him safe from Malivore.

Landon taps Hope's arm for blood. She wants to talk. He says I didn't have much to say. Welcome back. She says stop avoiding me. Tell me how you feel. He says it's about doing the right thing. She says there's a shelf life to doing the right thing. There's really nothing you have to say to me?

Ric arrives. Damian says Vardemus's DNA was at the crime scene. He's male and female and every ethnicity under the sun. Also canine and deer..... Ric says the Malivore pit. There was someone else there with Hope and Landon. Damina says Vardemus was at the pit?  Him.....or the monster pretending to be him.

Josie and Vardemus. You are a powerful witch now. She feels like she's going to explode. My head is screaming. He says there are ways to release the demons from your mind. You're finally strong enough for this. Close your eyes. He opens a spellbook. This spell will channel the rage and everything into that object. Repeat after me. She does. Then grabs him and keeps chanting. He says you can do this. Keep your focus. Keep focus on the trident. This will all be over soon. Clark's voice. She says oh my God and passes out. He picks up the trident. Grins.

Machine transfers Hope's blood to SimuLandon. Landon's subconscious is chatty when he's nervous. Listed his fears. Asks her why she's leaving town? She doesn't want to be where she's not welcome. He says your friends created me to die so you don't go in the portal. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe. I'm sorry Landon doesn't say he wants you to stay. That's why he's not here to tell you. Can we hold hands before Lizzie comes to take me away? Landon was listening.

Raf finds Landon.  Fail safe. He wants to sink himself into the lake. Raf thinks that's nuts. According to the sphinx, it's not ending any time soon. We came to the school because there was nothing safe for us, but now this feels like the least safe place on Earth.

Ric busts in and finds Josie. Dad, I think I did something bad.

Lizzie brings SimuLandon to the sphinx cage. She opens the door to the cell. Sphinx is supposed to take Landon to the pit. But the Sphinx has no need for Landon. Lizzie closes the door and starts chewing out the sphinx. He's not here for Landon Kirby. He'll answer her question in the form of a riddle. What is the new path.....?

Hope wakes. Ric says the school's been evacuated. You're in no shape to move. But you're safe here. He gives her the cliff notes. Lie here and heal while I patrol the school. He leaves. She looks at the room. Clark appears! Miss me?

How did you get in here? Clark's ring creates illusions. He shackles her with chains that stop a witch's magic. Clark says his dad has screwed him over again. My form is breaking down. I burned through my monster food supply and was still unstable. Once a mud man, always a mud man. But I have a new solution. You. Why kill you when I can become a tribrid and stand up to my father once and for all. She asks what the trident is? He says a little weapon Josie created today. My consciousness will transfer into the next person I cut. You screwed me over and now I get payback. I'm going to enjoy this. She fights back and gets free. Escapes into the school. He looks for her. Hope? Hope..... She's hiding in a dark part of the hall. He comes around the corner and she's gone. Moves behind him. He continues searching. You're not great at hide and seek. He throws the trident. She was an illusion. Trident embedded in a newel post.

Hope is under the bed with his ring!

Clever girl....

She locks the door. Clark beats on it. She opens the window. He's breaking through the door. She jumps and lands on the ground.

Somebody help! Clark grabs her. Landon grabs his wrist. Hello, brother. Landon tackles Clark and hits him. Clark pushes him off. Doesn't get what Father sees in him. Landon doesn't care. Only cares about her. She tries to fight Clark. Landon grabs Clark from behind. Do it. You only need me. Clark stabs SimuLandon with the trident. Now you die tomorrow. Boom. I rule. Clark goes into SimuLandon. Well, this just took a turn. Hope's free from the chains. She's going to whammy him. Clark taunts her about where the real Landon is. She hits him with a glowing ball of magic and he's down.

Bus. Landon writing. Leaving town.

Lizzie putting Josie in bed. Sorry I didn't have your back with mud boy. Hope knocks and asks to talk to Josie. Lizzie leaves. How are you feeling? Used. But I'm glad you're okay? Are you okay? Josie says yeah. Just a little drained. Hope knows the feeling. I wanted to know if it was okay with you if I came back to school. I miss it. Classes, morning meetings, Super Squad. I even miss Lizzie being mean to me. I miss you. But I won't come back if my being here brings you any more pain. Penelope's book is writing. It's Landon's letter.

So I have to leave Mystic Falls knowing the monsters will follow me. I hope you can forgive me for this. With love and regret, Landon. Raf is sitting next to him. All in, brother.

Josie says Landon or no Landon, you belong here. I want you to stay. Hope is sorry. Josie, too. They hug. Lizzie comes back in with ice cream. Dad says I'm not allowed to give Sebastian the boot until he's checked them out. And with no headmaster, no one's going to punish MG.

Damian and Ric. Damian apologizes. I should've never voted you out. They wonder what the sphinx's riddle talks about.

Then bring their answers to the sphinx in the cell. You see a new path. You serve a new master. Well done. You solved my riddle. Malivore is terrible, but what's coming is even worse. So, tell us. What's coming next? His eyes glow. There are 2 prisoners. New riddle.

“There are two prisoners. One is the master of his cage, the other returns home without power. The sins of the father are visited upon the daughters here and not here. A new hero rises but can be felled by the golden arrow. The wolf among you has many faces. When time fractures, darkness overwhelms. But the greatest destroyer of all is love."

Don't worry. It'll all be painfully clear soon enough. Until we meet again. He slits his throat and dissolves into a pile of sand.

Zombie takes Clark's body away to the robed figure and the crypt. We still don't see a face in the red robe.

Next ep - Krampus Christmas. Mid-season finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment