Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

#Legacies 3.2 - "Goodbyes Sure Do Suck" live blog #witches #vampires #werewolves

"Goodbyes Sure Do Suck"

FINDING PEACE - The Super Squad pull out all the stops when they learn some devastating news involving one of their own. Alaric (Matthew Davis) turns to Sheriff Mac (Bianca Kajlich) for help getting some timely affairs in order. Danielle Rose Russell, Aria Shahghasemi, Jenny Boyd, Quincy Fouse, Peyton Alex Smith, Chris Lee and Ben Levin also star. Eric Dean Seaton directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#302). Original airdate 1/28/2021. 


Image credit: The CW
 

Episode 2:

Remember, the early episodes of this season belonged to last season.

Sword fight between knights near a castle. Raf takes his helmet off. Then an ax cuts the opponent's arm off. Red hood saved him. It was Hope. Landon reading a story to Rafael. Raf never wanted to be special. Just wanted a home, friends, family. He's done looking back. They wrestle over the book. Landon had something land on his face. Raf is puking black blood sludge!

Chad was found dead this morning. Looks dead 3 months. Landon brings Raf to Ric's office.

The witches do analysis on Raf to diagnose him. But he doesn't want to stay. He can't sit. Landon says whatever you need.

Ric goes to Necro. Brings Chad's head. I knew him well, Horatio. LOL. Necro followed Ric's words to the letter. He laughs as he realizes. They live because he raised them and now they're not pledged to him.... Ric is pissed. Necro says Raf will die. The phoenix, probably not. And Alyssa?

Super squad in the office. They have to save Raf. Dying wolf separates from the pack. We have to respect their privacy unless they reach out. Lizzie gave Raf an elixir that will hold off his symptoms until morning. Hope comes in. Rafael took off.

In the blue classic. Raf wanted to go camping. But it's raining. Raf drove them to the cabin. Surprising his dad. But he's not here. Raf says it's fine, we can go. It's not a big deal. He sits on the porch. Trying not to cry. I'm scared. Landon puts his arm around his best friend's shoulders.

Ric finds the sheriff. I've been meaning to call. I had to take a trip with my daughters to see their uncle. I need help. I'm looking for a missing person. Ric had Kaleb compel her to listen to him in case of life or death.

Alyssa is considering Necro's office. Reconstituted Malivore pit. Portal to another dimension. She sees it as a job interview. What's your plan? He says your mind would shatter at its sheer scope. She wants to know what the mission statement is and how much pain and misery it'll rain down on the Salvatore School. Pitch me.

No healing spells worked. Lizzie wants the linking spell done. Hope says we don't know how many lives Landon has left we could kill them both. But she has another idea.

Raf impatient. Every second counts. I may never get to say goodbye. One day is all I wanted. One day to be normal again. Nothing ever goes my way. Why would today be different. Kaleb bursts in. Hope has a plan. Come on!

Tuning fork trident to transfer energy. What kind and into who? It has to be phoenix energy. Landon guesses he'd become mortal.

Alyssa expected more. Necro wants Malivore as his servant forever. She says it's not a bad plan. Just a little small. Shouldn't you do more with that black magic. It's petty. You're better than this. We're better than this. He asks what she has in mind. We bring back Malivore, but don't stop there. We bring back ALL the monsters.

Tattooed guy arm wrestling a woman. She wins. Ric is game. I know I can't win, because I know you're a werewolf. I'm here about your son. Her eyes glow. I don't have a son. She tries to run and the sheriff is in the doorway.

Lizzie's spell ready. Raf says you're lucky to have a dad like yours.

Hope asks Landon if he's sure. He thinks the phoenix part is the most important part of him. Hope disagrees. Lizzie is ready. Positions the boys. They hug. Raf holds the trident. Hope says you can start now. Lizzie says nothing's happening. There isn't any magic in Landon to siphon. He's not a phoenix anymore.

Golden arrow felled the phoenix like the prophecy said. Landon feels different, so he should've known. Raf doesn't want to waste another second. I want to make the most of the time I have left. Be with my friends. Go out on my own terms.

Ric tells her Rafael needs you. He's dying. He's a werewolf like you, and he only has one day left to live. He's a really good kid and he shouldn't have to face his fate alone. He should have his mother. She says Why? He never did. I couldn't be that for him. He's better off without me. Mac uncuffs her. She can go. If that's what you want. The mom leaves the bar. Mac says she'll come back. Trust me.

Sun is pink and purple. Raf preparing a party. Hope's a sore loser. I thought we were going to beat death again. Raf says he's not afraid. Everyone gets their version of Heaven. For me, it's my best day ever on a loop. But I'll appreciate everything while I'm here. A supernova we can see with the naked eye? Hope gets an idea and leaves.

Landon and the kids gathered at the bonfire. Everyone sad. Raf wants this to be a party. Not a funeral. MG says we're trying but it's a lot. Raf says think of something funny or stupid or embarrassing I did. The beat poetry. Turning with my uniform on. Werewolf with a tie around his neck. Keep going. Landon sitting aside. Raf asks him to join. But Landon can't pretend. Raf will spend the rest of his time with his brother, then.

Lizzie tells Ric on the phone we need you back ASAP. There's nothing we can do.

Ric tells Mac they need to go. She's counting on the mother's instincts. Pours him a shot. He drinks and......she's back.

Landon and Raf eating in the room. Landon thought Hope would find a way. It's what she does. Raf says yeah. I scared her off. I was going to ask her to look after you after I was gone. Landon says she won't let me set a foot outside now. Our lives got pretty weird. So weird. Raf says weird life. We're death. A knock. Jed. You didn't ask the pack for this, but just in case. They brought his dad! We came looking for you. I heard. I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere. Raf hugs him. Jed leaves the room. What can I do, son? Exactly what you're doing now.

Hope has an idea. Where is the Bennett blood? We're running out of time.

Sun coming up. Raf's dad offers his hand. Landon takes the other. Supported to the end. Raf closes his eyes.

**You know what the supernova plus the blood plus the Ascendant means!

Landon comes downstairs. Tells Hope he's gone. Literally gone. She says that was me. Come on.

Landon wakes in his room. His father asks how he's feeling? Better than I ever have. Is this Heaven? Depends on your definition. Your friends found a way and your headmaster found someone else. His mom walks in. You're so tall. Like your grandfather. Rafael, this is Mom. If you want to call me that. He hugs her. Raf asks if any of this is real. Your friends can explain better than we can. They're waiting for you, one last time.

They gave Raf peace as he defined it. All the students gathered to hug him. Kaleb never doubted for a second. MG will miss him. Ric pulls him in and hugs him, too. A prison world is only a prison if you're alone. We can't stay, but he can, with everything he needs to keep him safe and happy with his family. Always and forever. Maybe that's what Heaven is. Hope hugs him.

**Remember, the first 4 eps belong to last season. Rafael does not have to be gone for good.

Raf packed up. Landon says Hope finds ways. Goodbyes suck. Landon says it's more like see you later. I promise I will. Our world won't be the same without you, man. Raf only needs Landon to live his last life like we always talked about. All in. Truck arrives. It's Raf's parents. Finally has his family. Sucks I gotta leave this one behind. Landon says you deserve it. You've always been all in. For me, for everybody. I love you, brother. Love you, too, man. They hug. Landon forgot - the sword! Until we meet again, my once and future king. Raf walks to the truck.

They return to the cabin. His parents are happy to stay. They're all in. Raf says guess it runs in the family. Did you know we're royalty?

Hope outside in the dark, at the pond. She suggests Landon can go to the prison world and be safe. He says he doesn't see the point. She's scared. You know what loss does to me. He calls himself weak and not special. Not once did you say it'd be okay. Me giving up everything that makes me fit here. You didn't say it because you don't believe it. Admit that. She's quiet. Landon promised Raf to live. But what you want isn't living, Hope. Not to me. He walks away.

Necro going over the plan. Partners. Alyssa pressing. The Sphinx is returned. He likes how the Necro talks. Necro asks will our plan fail or succeed? Sphinx says it will come to pass as you've described. Alyssa asks about the students. Will they suffer? Very much. And one will die. Alyssa told him it would work. Right. Partner.

Next ep - Salvatore the Musical.


No comments:

Post a Comment