Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2021

#Legacies 3.15 - "A New Hope" live blog #starwarsreference #scifi #witches #vampires #werewolves

“A New Hope”

HALLUCINATIONS — Stuck in a hallucination, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell), Josie (Kaylee Bryant), and Lizzie (Jenny Boyd) are forced to find their way out of a sci-fi nightmare. Elsewhere, Alaric (Matthew Davis) sends MG (Quincy Fouse), Kaleb (Chris Lee), and Jed (Ben Levin) on a team building mission. Leo Howard also stars. Brett Matthews directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Thomas Brandon (#315). Original airdate 6/17/2021.



Image credit: The CW

Episode 15:

Next to last of the season!
 

 Not very long ago at all. A ship heads to a space station. Soldiers at the door. A Darth Vader ish figure breaks in and kills them. Lizzie peaks around the corner and runs. Josie says we're still tripping, aren't we? She's an android. They find one.

Land on a planet. Crashing. But in one piece. I'm a service model! I think. Lizzie is Princess Elizabeth Saltzstar and Josie is the android sister. Hope says that salvage is mine! Wait, why did I say that? We're still tripping, aren't we? I have a bad feeling about this.

Legacies A New Hope.

MG returns to school and everyone's friendly. Jed waves. MG enters his room. Home usually has a bed for me. Kaleb's trying to concentrate on a book. Where should I put my stuff? Wherever. And they're not going to hang out.

Hope thinks it's a shared hallucination. Doesn't think she has a name. Lizzie says we don't have to do anything. The drug will wear off and we wake up. Hope remembers the god it would raise. Josie accesses the memory banks. Nightshade. Vision quest. Sooner we finish, sooner we wake up. Lizzie says defeat the evil villain and get out of here. Josie plays a message from Ric. You're probably wondering why I left you behind. He had to find a weapon on Planet Mystic Falls. Don't come looking for me. I'll be back as soon as I can. Lizzie says it's a pretty straight forward hero's journey if you ask me. LOL. Hope says they're already on the planet. Don't get me started. LOL.

Kaleb and Ric. Ric's going to check on Dorian. You have something Wendigo related to do. MG arrives. Ric says indeed.

Lizzie has a hunch to knock at a bar. What's the password? Password or I'll shoot! Gandalf4Eva. Lizzie wrote this story when she was 11!

**This should be the season when Hope graduates high school and turns 18, but pandemic threw off time and it's only 16 eps instead of 20.

The cantina. Approach the bar. Hope asks Lizzie what they're drinking? Lizzie wrote it in her diary and doesn't remember much of it. Josie written like she had no needs of her own. Lizzie says I was 11! What happens next? Table in the back gifts them drinks. It's Ethan. Bad boy goes good. Hope says we didn't know Ethan when you wrote the story. Lizzie says their minds are filling in the gaps.

Kaleb and MG in the woods. MG asks him to talk about why he's mad. Kaleb's not biting. MG suggests camping. Jed brought cans. He and Kaleb are tight now. Thanks for letting me tag along. Kaleb leaves MG to dig.

Ethan and Lizzie flirting. Princess hired him to find her father. There's an old Ric Salzman that lives out at the rim. Mermie hands over the address. Hope says we're done here. Mermie smells Lord Marshall's goons. Ninjas! In space. Seriously? Lizzie kisses Ethan. You were everything I dreamed of and more. LOL!

Dorian in hospital still. Ric feels guilty. Emma arrives and Dorian blames the whole thing on Ric. Ooops.

What if he's not happy to see us? It's Ric. Hope? Girls.....you're so big! He hugs all 3. Lizzie says you smell like feet. He came to find the Star Sword. He's drinking out of a lightsaber handle! He got here and changed his mind on the fight. Happier here off the grid. Sorry my work took me away from you and your android sister. Wait, you're looking for the Star Sword? Good luck! it can only be wielded by the Chosen One. But if you find it, you'll bring it to me. Josie says they have to go now and they flee. Josie had the sword the whole time. She read Lizzie's diary to understand her. Hope assumes Lizzie is the chosen one. So who is the bad guy? Ninjas have guns. Lizzie can't get the sword to work. Hands it to Hope. Nope. Now Josie. She says it's not me, either. And it gets worse. This is the part where we realize who betrayed us. Dad. Lord Marshall's plan is far better than mine ever was. Take them away.

**Ric looks like Ben Kenobi + The Dude LOL

Magic nullifying shackles. Lizzie had a 2 week crush on Jed back then. Hope asks why she'd create a story where Ric betrayed them. Lizzie was going through a lot. Having episodes she couldn't explain. Feared he'd always take Hope's side. Lizzie says Hope's supposed to be in the armor. Lord Hope Marshall.

Emma chewing Ric out. The people in your life put themselves in danger to get close to you! Ric tells her the truth. Ish. Trauma team to room 311! Dorian's wound opened and he won't stop bleeding. Ric says Dorian was attacked by a Wendigo. If his wound it's healing, it only means one thing.

MG confronts Kaleb. Kaleb chews him out for risking exposing the whole school. MG says at least I did something while you were Switzerland.

Hope isn't surprised Lizzie wrote what she did. Lizzie felt invisible. Acted out. Josie became the sister that picks up the pieces. Hope didn't know. So who's in the armor now? Lizzie never finished writing the story. But then someone drops in. It's little girl Hope Marshall! I'm here to rescue you.

**Same actress! Very cool. She did a good job on The Originals. Hope is older than the twins.

Young Hope takes them to her place. Present Hope asks for water. Hope says she's not Hope Mikkaelson. She's Hope Marshall. I wrote a sequel to your story. I overheard Josie talking about it to other witches. I set the woods on fire. Emma told me to write a story where I was a hero and we could all be friends. Lizzie asks if she knows who Lord Marshall is. Emma said make it her worst fear and defeat it. Little Hope returns. Josie is an elite defense model. Lizzie is smarter than people know. And our Hope is just a scavenger. Lord Marshall is The Hollow.

Kaleb thinks it's just a trap to get them to like each other again. There's no Wendigo and I'm going home.

Hollow took over my body once and did terrible things. Once the Hollow is gone, my family will be together forever again. Hope says that's not how this story ends. Hope tells her The Hollow has been defeated by your father. Then why doesn't he come back? Because I'm afraid of something else now. But I know how to defeat it. Hope makes them all sleep.

**Uh oh, I think I know what she fears now. Is this the Tribrid moment? Show wouldn't have brought up killing her to bring out the vamp side to defeat Malivore if they weren't ready to have Hope at least think about it. But let's not have Hope become immortal at only 18? Vampire life is hard.

**How many visits would we have had from TVD/TO characters if this wasn't a pandemic season? Hope's family should be included if she's going to go full Tribrid.

Little Hope is leading them to Salvatore Castle. Throne room is the breakfast hall. General Saltzstar shows up. He's had a change of heart. She'll get us there in no time. Little Hope claims shotgun.

MG says there's no monster. Give me a list back? MG admits he should've listened to Kaleb. Jed can walk. Kaleb says you drive. Tosses his keys, then Kaleb pushes him. MG would never leave a man behind, so we're not Wendigo-ing anywhere.

Hope faces Lord Marshall. He pulls his blade. She's got one, too.

MG arrives. Jed reading the Wendigo book. A weak Wendigo will take human form. Time to kick your own ass. MG plunges fire into the Wendigo. It's toasted now. And not a human skeleton. Does this help Dorian?

Hope and Marshall fighting. Almost lightsaber sounds. Fighting up the stairs. Heroic music. Hope says I'm stronger than you. Stronger, too. Sends the Lord back down the stairs, then flies at it. Stabs it. The heroes arrive. Hope takes the helmet off. It's Malivore. Hope already knows how. I have to become The Tribrid.

They wake from the vision quest.

**Poor Hope. Such a decision to make so young. How will she want to die? Will next week be a cliffhanger even though it's 16 of 20?

Jed toasts a marshmallow. Dead Wendigo gives this an umami dimension. Who needs a brewski? Kaleb has something to say. I stick my neck out for you because you'll be one of those brothers who changes the world one day. I thought it'd be me at your side, not Ethan. Either way, I'm glad you're back. And I need advice. I caught feelings. Cleo? Not as bad as Jed with Alyssa Change. Too soon? MG says just right, actually. They're back to special handshake mode. Hug. Jed hugs them.

Ric says everything will be fine. I spoke to the boys. And I'd like to heal the wound between you and me. What you said about me is true. But here's the problem. This is my daughters' world. But at least we're doing it together. It's the only way anyone gets through it. I have Dorian's back, Emma. I promise you. But if you want me to stay away from him, keep him out of it, I will. She doesn't think that's possible. I'll always be a witch. She'll let him decide for himself how deep. Alaric Saltzman, you're a very hard man to quit. She goes to Dorian and kisses her husband.

Today was weird. If honest is weird. Josie says fate is not sealed. Hope says my fate has been sealed since I was born. Her life has been one trauma after another. As a Tribrid, she'd be stuck in that forever. Just like I was stuck in the trauma of losing her family. Lizzie says there's no reason you can't be what you want to be. A new Hope. Hope thanks her, but Cleo told me. I'm the only one who can stop it. What if someone I love gets hurt in a way I can't fix? Josie says you only became the Tribrid in that story because you faced Malivore alone. We won't let that happen. Panda promise.

But something came out of the hole. What's in Andie's cabin? It's Clark! How'd you sleep?

Next ep - Why would Cleo rob a museum? Hope finds her and Landon. What were you two doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment