Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

#Stargirl 2.10 - “Summer School: Chapter Ten!” live blog #Eclipso #DCStargirl

“Summer School: Chapter Ten!” 

CHOSEN FAMILY — Courtney (Brec Bassinger) is left devastated after discovering a dark secret that Pat (Luke Wilson) has kept hidden from her. However, when they learn that Jennie (guest star Ysa Penarejo) may be able to help in their plan to stop Eclipso (Nick Tarabay), they’re forced to put their issues aside as they set out on a road trip to find her. Meanwhile, Beth (Anjelika Washington) makes a shocking discovery about The Shade (guest star Jonathan Cake). Amy Smart, Trae Romano, and Cameron Gellman also star. Sheelin Choksey directed the episode written by Taylor Steitz (#210). Original airdate 10/12/2021.



Image credit: The CW

Episode 10:

Sylvester tells Pat I was wrong to bring you with us. 6 pack of beer. Opens 2. Syl thought bringing Pat would bring a chance to save Bruce Gordon. We always find a way. That's what we do, right? Instead, I brought you to a murder. Family isn't born. It's chosen. You taught me that. Syl got in a fight on his 16th birthday. Stole an engraved watch from his parents. I owned it a whole 4 hours, then it was gone. I was scared to tell them, but I did. I told them. And they had no idea what I was talking about. They never gave me a watch. Forgot it was my birthday. You snuck that into my room. I caught up with Harrigan the next day and got it back, because it meant the world to me. Still does. You taught me how to drive, Pat. How to stand up for myself. think for myself. You're more than my friend. You're my brother. I know most of the time, I don't treat you that way. Got a little too much of my Mom and Dad in me still. I'm sorry. Pat says it's okay. Syl says when Eclipso was threatening everyone's families.....he threatened you. I don't know what will happen with the JSA. But I don't want this to destroy our family. They toast to chosen families.

Courtney arguing with the parents. Pat insists it was more complicated than that. This is Eclipso. He wants to divide us. She says no. it's on you. Lights go out! Shade lands on the kitchen island. I'll admit, it's not my best entrance. HAHAHA.

Shade sits at the table. Mr. Swift is still wounded. I'll tell you how to defeat Eclipso. He's only free as long as the Black Diamond remains shattered. Fuse it back together and you'll drag the beast back to its prison. As long as you have no direct contract with that bloody gem. Pat doesn't trust him. You manipulated Starman! Shade says he only told the truth then, as I do now. Mike says if he's correct, how the heck do we put the Diamond back together. Shade says with the power of light, silly boy. With the staff.

Basement. The staff isn't strong enough. What now?

Beth's house. She's sitting with the goggles on. Facing her parents. They're concerned. Could you take those off, please? She says I need to keep them on. They help me see what's real. It's hard to explain. Try, honey. No. You didn't talk about the divorce. I'm not ready to talk about this. You're safer, anyway. She gets a message and prepares to leave. Tells them to figure out their lives and let her know when they do. Beth, where are you going? You both told me to make friends because you don't have time for me anymore. So I did. Right now, they need me.

Pat and Barb upstairs. Packing to find Jenny. It'll be a quick trip. She wonders if Courtney or Mike will trust them again.

Mike says the Diamond does weird things even if Eclipso isn't in it. Turned into leeches. Doorbell. Beth is there to protect them while Courtney and Pat are gone.

Leaving town. Quiet in the car. Pat turns the radio on. Bakery delivered a wedding cake to a funeral. Changes the station and it plays "I'm Sorry". He turns it off. Then tells her he's sorry. She asks how could you think murder was okay? I didn't and I don't. They took a vote. They were scared and thought they were out of options. They thought the people they loved would die. What did you do? It's what I didn't do. I didn't stop them. Courtney says Do you have any idea the damage you've done by not telling us? Yolanda would've known she wasn't the first JSA to take a life and regret it. He didn't want the way she saw the JSA to change. The way she saw him to change. She says it has.

Blue Valley Police Dept. Rick laying on the bed in his cell. Staring at the ceiling. Apples are coming in the window. Grundy.

Beth snoops on The Shade. Did Dr. Midnite help do it? McNyder says he made a vow to never take a life.

Mike sneaks downstairs. Tells the dog to keep an eye on the bad guy on the couch. I'll be back with reinforcements. Don't do anything stupid.

Pat and Courtney. When are you going to tell me where we're going? When we get there. He shows her a newspaper. Green fire reports. Burned down an abandoned orphanage and a federal building. She's in Civic City. Courtney says that's a big city. Pat says there's only one place I'd go. The JSA HQ.

Beth typing. Working on the goggles again. McNyder says the connection just got much stronger. He says The Shade saved him. He never wanted a part in killing us. I was lost in the shadows, dragged into The Shadowlands. In the 1800s, the Shade was just a thief and con man. He was hired to procure a Black Diamond. He made a fake. A group wanted to trap a god. They made The Shade a sacrifice. But the diamond was a face and Eclipso was already trapped elsewhere. The ritual was botched, but it opened a doorway to the Shadowlands. The dark energy needed a vessel.

Barb brings Swift a mug. I have some questions. He says Hello, Emily. Who is Emily? My dear sister, I'm so sorry. I didn't help you when Father fell ill. Instead, I left you all alone to watch him die while I lied and cheated my way into oblivion. I had unspeakable power. I tried not to abuse it. But then......time took you from me, and I lost my way.

McNyder tells Beth he'll help however he can. She wonders if the Shade can help him get home. Open the files on Eclipso. Maybe there's something there to help. He does, and there's a lot of reading.

Pat's car enters the garage under the JSA HQ. He hasn't been here in 10 years. This was a workspace for me and Starman. Each of the members had one. She looks at the articles saved on the wall and a photo. Pat says let's go. Meeting room's upstairs. Courtney spots something at the sofa. Jenny's been staying here. The Helix Institute for Youth Rehabilitation? Todd Rice. His name is on all the papers. She thinks that's Jenny's brother. Well, Jenny's wanted to see him again her whole time as an orphan.

**Shade hallucinating with a fever or something. Beth's goggles said his condition was declining.

**One thing about children, including teenagers, is that they haven't learned to consider shades of gray and nuance. All decisions look binary. Yes or no. Black and white. Good or evil. Courtney has to learn empathy for other's impossible choices.

Garage. Mike in STRIPE. Robots are not like Legos. But he gets power on. Radio says look at the sky right now. A storm arcing PINK LIGHTNING.

Pat and Courtney go to Helix. Grand old mansion place. Rehabilitation from what? They talk to a receptionist. Jenny's name is on the sign-in sheet. She's here, but her brother is not. Right this way, please.

Jenny has a map of Milwaukee. Photo of her and her brother as little kids. Door opens. Jenny? Courtney? Pat? She's there to collect her brother's things. She asks what they're doing there? We need your help. We read about the fires. Are you okay? What happened? She broke into the federal building to find Todd's adoption records. She couldn't find them. Her power got out of hand. I'm sorry. I don't know what to do. Her eyes are glowing. Pat tells her it's okay. Try to be calm. Courtney says you're not alone in this. Pat asks what's happened to your brother? He was arrested for shoplifting a few months ago, ended up here, and vanished last week. He needs my help. I can feel it. He has the same picture I do. Maybe he's looking for me, too. I'm sorry about the fires, but you do anything to protect your family. You just do.

They return to the car. The receptionist watches them leave from an upstairs window. Head nurse Louise Love dials a number. Mr. Bones. This is Nurse Love. Did you know Todd Rice has a sister? I thought you might think that interesting. I told them Todd wasn't here. Yes, of course. They hang up.

Mike on his bike. To where everyone is looking at the sky and stuff. A giant gumdrop? Gingerbread house! Thunderbolt has been active again.

They tell her about the Diamond. Pat has laid the shards down. Jenny asks are there ghosts? Pat says we need to focus on the Diamond right now. Jenny asks if this will help Yolanda and Rick? Courtney says it's a start.

Shade is still on the sofa.

Jenny ready to fire light at the shards. It starts piecing back together.

Shade's eyes open.

Beth reads something that disturbs her. Calls Barb over. We have to get them to stop!

It's back.

Restoring the Diamond reconnects our world to the Shadowlands. Allowing Swift to heal. He tells Barbara he's so, so sorry to deceive you. He leaves. Beth says putting the Diamond back together doesn't trap Eclipso. It will summon him.

Into the garage. Tosses Pat. Jenny attacks him with green energy. He pushes her back. Eclipso's sucking Courtney into the Shadows! She yells, falling, and then the portal closes. Pat couldn't save her. He's devastated.

Next week - Courtney in a black and white world. How do we get out of here? Cindy says we can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment