Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2021

#Legacies 4.9 - “I Can’t Be The One To Stop You” live blog #TheOriginals #tribrid #witches #werewolves #vampires #HereticWitch

“I Can’t Be The One To Stop You”
DIDN’T SEE THAT COMING — Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) finds herself involved in a game of cat and mouse as Lizzie (Jenny Boyd) sets out to make things right. Josie (Kaylee Bryant) has a heart-to-heart with Finch (guest star Courtney Bandeko). Alaric (Matthew Davis), Landon (Aria Shahghasemi), and Ted (guest star Ben Geurens) get a surprising result from their quest. Meanwhile, MG (Quincy Fouse), Jed (Ben Levin), and Cleo (Onomo Okojie) handle matters back at The Salvatore School. Chris Lee and Leo Howard also star. Morenike Joela Evans directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#405). Original airdate 12/16/2021.

 



Image credit: The CW

Episode 9:

Car crash. It's on fire. Jed finds a dead person. Eyes, but no tongue. Kaleb approaching with wings out. Tosses Jed. this does not concern you. You made me wreck my car. He lights the being on fire.

Hope in Aurora's body stealing stuff to get around. Aurora in Hope calls her. There's nowhere to run I won't find you. Am I right behind you? Or miles away. Try as you might, you'll never see me coming. Lizzie stabs Hope's body's hand with the stake.

MG called a meeting. It's only Ethan and Cleo. Lizzie took off last night and Kaleb and Jed are missing. MG says it's weird Lizzie didn't tell anyone where she was going and why. A teacher enters. You're skipping class! As long as Dr. Saltzman is indisposed and I am your headmaster, there is no squad. Jed bursts in. We have a monster problem! it's Kaleb.

Josie trying to form a letter to her father while she packs. I think I need to leave this school. Might be the only way I can save Hope. My bus leaves in a few hours and I wish you were here to help me find the right words. I need to tell Lizzie I'm leaving. Finch knocks. Am I interrupting something? Tells Jo there's a monster emergency downstairs. They need a healing potion. Josie says they take a while and I have a thing.

Aurora says you're making a mistake. I'm not Hope Mikaelson! Will somebody help me? Lizzie cast a spell before she stabbed Hope's hand. They can't hear us. This is a tribrid kryptonite stake. I get to decide if you live or die. Aurora misses with incendio. Lizzie says Hope would never miss with a spell that easy. Aurora reiterates Because I'm not Hope!

Jed tells them what happened to the burned person and Kaleb. It's like a switch flipped. Kaleb loved that car. MG gives instructions. He and Ethan and Cleo will go after Kaleb. Ethan wants to stay. What if Kaleb's right and this thing is dangerous?

Ric and Ted and Landon. Approaching the Ferryman. Pay their coins. Three jars. Coins get dropped in them. Landon figures out We owe more than one coin.

Aurora tells Lizzie about what Klaus did to her. Lizzie says it runs in the family. Aurora doesn't want to team up, but she doesn't know how to use Hope's body. Lizzie says you need someone to watch your tribrid back. We want the same thing - to make Hope Mikaleson pay. They toast.

Aurora leads Lizzie to her house. Down in the basement. Aurora lights the torches this time. After Triad freed me, I needed an object to trap the tribrid. It's said to be capable of containing a god. This sarcophagus should be strong enough to trap a tribrid. She'll drown at the bottom of the ocean and come back and die over and over again and I'll finally have my vengeance. Lizzie isn't impressed with the plan. And doesn't think Hope deserves an eternity of torture. Aurora getting a mastery of the magic inside. I've waited long for this and I won't let anyone ruin my fun.

Cleo and MG in the woods. MG tells her what Kaleb worked on when she was gone with Landon. Let yourself be worried about him. Who you are to each other is special. They find Kaleb impaled with a branch and sitting against a tree trunk.

Josie and Finch picking herbs. Mind the thorns. Jo's evasive about her plan. Finch asks her to talk to her. What is going on? I'll listen. Jo says I want to tell you. Can I tell you later? Finch says when you're ready. And finds the one way bus out of town tonight ticket.

Lizzie calls Hope to say she's trapped Aurora. I'll help you if you help me clean up the mess you made and save my dad. Hope agrees. Aurora says excellent speech. I almost believed you. Lizzie says That's because I meant every word. She magicks Aurora into the sarcophagus and closes Hope's body inside.

**Was that really Kaleb that burned the person, wrecked his car, and tossed Jed? Is it really Kaleb now?

Lizzie silences Aurora. Your beef isn't with Hope. Taking your trauma out on Klaus's daughter is only prolonging your pain. And I don't want my future to be yours. So I'll finish my way. Hope in Aurora's body arrives.

Ric and Ted drinking. Look at poor Landon. He's having to atone for things done by Malivore! it's downright puritanical. Sorry your can't get to your daughters. Ric says maybe they're better off. Landon finds them. We just have to help the people in town get past their issues.

Jo tells Finch she can explain. Finch reminds her of her words. Jo says the therapy box made me realize I can't stay. So, will you come with me?

Kaleb.... Hey. What are ya'll doing here? MG pulls the stake out. Kaleb staked himself for Jed to get away. His monster side was out of control. Kaleb says that thing is the reason I was losing control.

Jed and Ethan. Ethan attacks him.

Hope and Lizzie. What was the plan? How did you expect to fight me without dying? Lizzie says it doesn't matter now. You're in a regular vampire body. Hope says now's your chance. Tosses her a piece of wood. See if you have it in you. Lizzie morphs the body to look like Hope. Hope prodding her to do it. Lizzie can't stake her. I hate this. I hate how many good memories I have of you. I hate having to do this because no one else will. Most of all, I hate you for being my friend and being a part of my messed up family and making me love you, Hope Mikaelson. No matter how far you go, apparently, I can't be the one to stop you. She drops the stake. Something changes in Hope's expression. Lizzie notices. Hope? Are you...? Hope says I'm back. A little smile.

**But can it be that easy?

Josie believes there's good in Hope. I can't reach it while I'm here feeling the pressure to save people's lives all the time. You deserve to be happy. Look at everything you've gained. You're flourishing. How selfish of me would it be to ask you to leave all that behind? Finch says I wouldn't have that without you. MG arrives. What do we have that can knock someone out immediately?

Ethan and Jed fight. Ethan breaks Jed's arm. MG grabs Ethan and doses him.

Hope says I'm so sorry. Lizzie prepared the knife that switched bodies. Lizzie drops the illusion on Aurora's body. Hope says I'll say something only the real me would know. They open the sarcophagus and Hope stabs Aurora. It worked. Hope hugs Lizzie. Aurora says you can't trust her. Once a Mikaelson, always a Mikaelson. Then she breaks the basement ceiling in her escape.

Pack worried about Jed. What do we do? We need an alpha to lead us.

Lizzie says we need to go home and save my dad. Then go after Aurora. Hope picks up the stake from the red oak. Lizzie explains what it is. Hope says Nature doesn't waste time, does it? And she is disappointed. You had your shot and you didn't take it. She burns the stake. Humanity never came back. It was an act. Lizzie says she meant every word. She insists she believes there's good in Hope. You're not actually going to kill me. You haven't killed anyone you care about! You're just being a bully. Drop the act. There are some lines even you--Hope breaks her neck!

**Does Lizzie have vampire blood in her system? Becoming a Heretic would prevent the Merge issue and keep her on the show.

Cleo and Kaleb. It's like a whisper in his head, telling him to kill the bandaged dude. Closer I am, the louder it gets. He thinks he needs to leave. Cleo wants to help. He wants her to see he can beat the monster thing on his own. Cleo already saw that. Besides, I'm allowed to worry about my boyfriend. If you want. Don't make a big deal out of it or anything. They kiss.

Ethan wakes. MG says Jed will be fine. Ethan isn't sure what came over him. Some hero I turned out to be. He thinks he doesn't deserve to stay. I almost killed someone today. And I lied to you. Lizzie and I were spying on you and Cleo. Lizzie saved enough of the tree to make a stake. I kept it a secret from all of you. I want her to pick me. MG asks if Lizzie took the stake to go after Hope? Ethan doesn't know. MG says you're right, you don't deserve to be here. Get out.

Josie waiting for the bus. Something feels off and I can't place it. I thought Lizzie would be back in time to say goodbye. Finch doesn't trust therapy, but I think what the box told you was right. You believe Hope can still be reached and you're capable of doing that. If you stay, there will always be a monster or an emergency.....there will always be a reason to stay. You are not betraying us. You're doing what you need to do for yourself. You know I want to. But the pack needs help. And I'm it. Josie says the box told her to do it alone and the first thing I did was buy a second ticket. Old habits take time. Finch says you've got this. Josie says when I come back, we can see where you and I are. They kiss. The bus is arriving. They hold on to each other while it approaches.

Ted in the crypt. Talked to hundreds of souls and netted a grand total of two coins. Come to gloat about how much better you did? Landon's jar is full. Ted never thought he had a chance at peace. The Ferryman is right. But when you and I got our coins, I almost for a second thought it'd be a possibility. Almost. It was nice while it lasted. He'll miss Landon, but you deserve to get out of here. Landon pours some coins in Ted's jar. We do it together. Ted says only a few thousand more coins to go. LOL. Ric says we need to find another way out of here. I don't know, but he does. He found the Sphinx seer!

Jed wakes up. The bandaged guy is coming. Takes off the wrapping to reveal a healed young man. Sorry, it's always like this when my tongue grows back. Monsters are the least of your problems now.

Josie contacted by Lizzie. Lizzie says it's nothing you need to worry about. Josie asks what did you do? Something dumb. Lizzie had an insurance policy just in case. Josie wants to come for her. Lizzie says no. We're both doing what we think is right. I made a choice and so did you. We have to see it through. Don't worry about me. Whatever you feel next, just know, I'm okay. And you'll be okay, too. Remind yourself you're loved, no matter what. Jo loves her, too, no matter what. The session ends. Josie touches her pendant.

Hope working on the sarcophagus. Lizzie wakes! Hopes says you're supposed to be dead. Lizzie knows. Stands. But now, all I am is hungry. I knew it!

Next ep - January 27. Heretic witch. And do you know what separates men from gods?

Read more about the episode here

No comments:

Post a Comment