Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

#SupermanAndLois 3.2 - “Uncontrollable Forces” live blog recap #Superman #LoisLane #ElizabethHenstridge

“Uncontrollable Forces”
ELIZABETH HENSTRIDGE DIRECTS THE EPISODE – Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) and Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) both notice a small crack in Lois’ (Elizabeth Tulloch) game face. Meanwhile, Sarah (Inde Navarette) and Jordan (Alex Garfin) have an awkward encounter. Lastly, Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) receives a panicked phone call. Elizabeth Henstridge directed the episode written by Katie Aldrin (#302). Original airdate 3/21/2023.













Image credit: The CW

Episode 2:

Lois sits on the exam room table. Signs a consent form. Changes so they can biopsy.

She's home in bed with Clark. Can't sleep.
Bandage on her chest.
Distracted eating with family.
a Call.
Back at the doctor's for results.

She stares out the kitchen window. Boys complaining about studying. Clark tells them please go. Lois tells them the truck better be back in the driveway at dark. Clark asks how her thing with her dad was this morning. He says if we want the pregnancy, we can always try. She says it was a fantasy. Fun to imagine. He says Tal also has a villa in Bali. With perks. Rumor is he bought it off Michael Bay. She says they should head to the Gazette.

Sarah and Nat at the diner. Nat's crush is having a party in Metropolis. Sarah says her mother won't notice she's gone, so they'll drive. Pick you up in 30? Boys arrive. Jordan asks what they're doing later. Sarah says it's a girl thing. Sorry. They bail.

Chrissy looking at Henry Miller and the judge. Who agreed to an interview with Lois. Lois wants to head out now. Chrissy is surprised she doesn't want to give notes on the editor's column first. Clark offers to take Lois. Classic team-up.

Nat tells her dad she is going to a party. He asks her to tell about it. Boys? Yes. Alcohol? Maybe. But she won't be drinking and Sarah won't either. He tells her to be home by midnight.

Sarah tells Lana she's going to Nat's for a movie marathon. George Dean calls Lana. Sarah escapes. George is panicked. I made a big mistake. He's being sound blasted! He's trying to tell Lana, but it's deafening. And now he seems to be dead on a car. George, are you okay? Answer me! The villain shatters his phone.

**Elizabeth Henstridge (Agents of SHIELD ) directs this episode!

How much longer will the judge make us wait? Clark's happy to be back on the beat. Lois is testy. Judge says you arrived earlier than expected. Lois goes straight in about Henry Miller.

Jonathan wants Jordan to fly them to the party in Metropolis. Forget about Sarah and move forward. Jon hears from Eliza as friends. Tells Jordan to try actually talking to another girl.

Chrissy talking to Kyle about George Dean. Shotgun wound with no pellets. Chrissy didn't think she'd be reporting on a murder today. She remembers when Dean first got elected when she was in 3rd grade. Lana arrives. Chrissy leaves. Lana tells Kyle she's fine. He says if you need to talk, I'm here. Lana wants to tell Sarah. She and George Junior were close.

Nat and Sarah at the party. Nat's crush is already attached to a girl. Maybe there are other cute guys.

Jon and Jordan arrive. Eliza hugs him. Asks to talk alone. Jon urges Jordan inside.

Nat thinks they should go home. Sarah says no. A guy is looking at Nat, so Sarah plays wing woman. Pulls him over. Matteo, this is Natalie. Feel free to say hi to each other.... He's happy Sarah got him over there.

Jordan finds a level with a bar and giant TV playing a sports game. Walks into a guy and spills his drink. The guy threatens him. Sarah spots Jordan.

Judge doesn't have more to say. Lois says Henry Miller survived and had super powers. He was the one fighting Superman. Clark hears the judge's pulse. Are you okay, Your Honor? Judge says she's said all she can. Goons come in and say it's over. Lois keeps pushing, but there's no more info here.

**How long is Clark going to observe Lois being hostile today before he makes her talk?

Clark found that Harry's closed. It's a smoothie place now. Got drinks. He wants to know what's bothering Lois. Says he's here when she's ready to talk. She knows. We're a team. Best I know. Lois tells Clark to follow their suspect.

Nat and Matteo talking about Slaughter Cabin. And Bus Stop. She can really nerd out on thrillers. He recognized Nat from the first high school. She says she was only there one day. But he noticed. She became a mystery girl.

Eliza gives Jon an apology present. Jewelry. One more thing. Follow me.

Jordan sulking. Sarah offers him her overshirt. He says I didn't know you were here. I wanted to give you space. She says you're the first guy I've dated I want to stay friends with. I'm sorry if I made you think you had to walk on eggshells around me. I want to be your close friend. They shake hands now they have an understanding. She wants to mess with the rich boys. Beat them at beer pong.

Lana is at Iron's and learns that Sarah's in Metropolis. Sorry, this is not your problem. He says I just finished cooking. Wild mushroom tortellini.

Lois on the roof with the judge. Step down and we can go back inside. The judge knew it was the day she'd die after Lois asked about Henry Miller.

Superman listens in the sky. One of the goons tells Bruno that Lois Lane has nothing and won't be a problem.

Bruno Mannheim's office. He yells for Superman. Who lands on the balcony. What do you want?

Why'd you have Henry Miller released from prison? When I faced him a week ago, he had super powers, which he didn't before. Bruno says people have accused him of things he hasn't done all his life. Superman keeps asking if he gave Henry powers. I still haven't heard you deny it. Bruno says the villain story never sticks. Because here, in my part of Metropolis, I'm the hero here. Not you.

Lois asks the judge to make her understand. The judge thought she could make the system more fair and just. Lois says fight back. I can protect you. Judge is on the edge. Some people are unstoppable. Lois pleads with her.

Lana and John Henry. I didn't notice Sarah was lying to me. I was on the phone with George. I heard it happen. He was so afraid. Said something about the Pride of Smallville. Irons asks if she's heard that before. Not that she can think of.....but I have read it. The town seal in my office. He says let's go.

Eliza and Jon in a bedroom. She leans in to kiss him. Jon says I have a girlfriend. She thought it was more. She won't tell anyone. He says I made a mistake. I'm so sorry. Runs out.

Sarah and Jordan won a lot of money. Rich boys runs their mouths. Sarah talks back. They say get moving, beer bitch.

Matteo flatters Natalie. They hear the commotion. Nat hurries in after tells him to stay put. Sarah throws a beer in the rich boy's face. Rich boy tells them to get out of his house. The Smallville kids leave.

Irons feel around the seal. Finds a little envelope and hands it to Lana. It's a drive. She plugs it into her laptop. The building is shaking. Lana says it's what she heard right before George was killed! The sound villain appears in the other room!

Their ears hurting. Irons tells her to get down. The window blow. All they hear is ringing. The villain takes the thumb drive from the laptop. Then destroys the laptop and leaves.

Bruno says this area was called the Suicide Slums when he was a kid. I had a front row seat. Lex Luthor and Morgan Edge became billionaires while my area was choked. So I became the person they looked to. I have my people hope. I made real change! You haven't changed a damn thing. Superman says I save people's lives.

Judge says she doesn't have any other choice. Lois says there's always another choice.

Superman hearing them. Bruno says see? Another fire. We're done. Never stop foot in my house again acting like you're better than me.

Judge says what's coming for her is uncontrollable. Lois says she knows what that feels like. I understand that fear. I'm facing something uncontrollable, too. Superman arrives. Lois says I just found out I have cancer. It's aggressive. All day, I've been trying to hang on to hope, but it's really hard because I'm really scared. But the only way to take back control is to fight! If I can do it, you can, too. You're much stronger than you think you are. The judge comes down off the ledge and Lois hugs her. Lois makes eye contact with Superman. Clark's wrecked. Lois tells the judge she'll be right inside. He lands and hugs Lois. Grieving.

**Love that Lois saw him arrive and decided to tell her secret and be vulnerable.

Home. Lois says I didn't have a lump. Dr. Irons expedited the biopsy. I have inflammatory breast cancer. it's rare and aggressive and hard to detect. I should've told you sooner. i just wanted to process it. And I didn't want to scare you. And I didn't want you to look at me like I'm sick. He hugs her. You are the strongest person I know. I promise I won't look at you any other way. He says they'll get through it together. You're going to beat this thing. Not a doubt in my mind.

Sarah apologizes. Nat did not get Matteo's number. Jordan lands. He froze the boy's car. Sarah gets a message.

24 hours and it's getting worse. She says enough. The sound villain. They let Henry die again. Bruno says it's only one trial. Villain says John Henry Irons is not dead. You killed him. I know.

Irons putting in new security at Lana's. You should be good for the night. Lana thanks him.

Boys come home. See their parents' faces. Boys, you need to sit down. Clark says we are going to get through this as a family. Lois says she was just diagnosed with stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer. Jon's tearing up. Jordan stopped hearing everything after cancer. The boys hug her.

Next ep - Lois is still pursuing the Mannheim case.


https://ew.com/tv/superman-and-lois-elizabeth-tulloch-lois-cancer-diagnosis/

 https://tvline.com/2023/03/21/superman-and-lois-cancer-diagnosis-explained-season-3-episode-2-recap/

No comments:

Post a Comment