Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

#Supernatural recap - Episode 14

"The Executioner's Song"

THE RETURN OF CAIN — Dean (Jensen Ackles), Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) deal with Cain’s (guest star Timothy Omundson) return. Crowley (Mark Sheppard) and Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) continue to grow closer but when Crowley bails on plans with his mother to help the Winchesters, Rowena lets him have it. Phil Sgriccia directed this episode written by Robert Berens (#1014). Original airdate 2/17/2015.



Ep 14 recap:

A prison. Lights out in 5. Inmate taunts a guard. A man walks through the prison, lights dying as he goes. Video shows the lights all go out, then then the man is gone.

Because Cain is in the cell with the inmate. Tommy. He swings at Cain and Cain catches his hand. Then takes out a knife and stabs him. Runs him through with it.

Dean and Sam in the car. Arrive at the prison. Tommy escaped from his cell - or vanished. Sam has a hobby of reading about serial killers. Dean doesn't like it. Dean checks the cell while Sam talks to the warden. There was a magician on the block last night, but it wasn't Tommy. They watch the security footage. Dean asks them to zoom in. Freeze it. Blow it up. Cain's profile. Dean rubs his arm.

Phone ringing. Cas's. He has a demon captive. Looking for Cain info. Cain has been seen one county over. No one knows why. Demon swears that's all he knows. Cas kills him.

Crowley's throne room. A crossroads demon wants more credit for his work. Rowena has an opinion. She says she'd well and truly split the credit. Cut this demon in 2 and nail the halves to the doors. Whiners beget whiners. And then says Crowley was a fat kid. Crowley tells her that's enough. Then says let's do what she said.

Dean stopped at a food truck. Cas isn't answering. Sam researching Tommy. Father is missing, too, for a week. So Cain has a vendetta against this whole family? Cas calls. They tell him what they know. Cas says he'll be dead. Cain's been very busy. I'll call you back.

Cas found a graveyard. Cas feels.....Cain. Cain greets him by name.

Cas asks what have you done. Cain says he's cleaning up a mess. Cas says you resisted for so long. Cain says he had to take up arms against Abaddon's army and liked it. Cas says this is a massacre. Cain says yes, and soon will be a genocide. He's taking out the disease. Culling 1 in 10. Of everyone? How's Dean? Then sees on Cas' face that Dean isn't well. Cain says don't worry about Dean. I'll get to him in due time. Sorry, Castiel. You're not on my list. He disappears.

Rowena asks Crowley to assist her with the Grand Coven. He says well done, Mother. She says of course I was manipulating you. I'm your mother after all. We had fun today, didn't we? We could have more. Get out of this dump. Flex our muscles in the real world and take out a miserable witch standing in my way for centuries. He walks away.

Cas brings the news to Dean and Sam. Sam finds that Tommy has a son. 12 years old. We know where Cain's going to be. The kid's in danger. Sam asks then what? Dean says I'll do what I have to do....I'll kill Cain.

Dean says Cain said this day would come. I sent him down this path, this is on me. And there's only one thing that can kill him. Sam says wielding the Blade against Cain? You may never come back from that fight. Dean knows.

Rowena lists her plan to Crowley. He gets a call. Dean tells him Cain is back and I need the Blade. Cain has a kill list and you're on it. You in? Crowley says yes. He tells his mother it's not happening today. Something's come up. She isn't happy he's giving the Blade to Dean. Crowley says we're not having this conversation.

Night. Meeting. Kid is in the barn. Dean says we rescue the kid after Cain shows. Sam doesn't want the boy used as bait. Crowley says it's better to keep the Blade out of Dean's hands until Cain is in reach.

Sam asks Dean what happens after we capture Cain? Dean says we deal with whatever. And he didn't realize the time would come so soon....I'm scared, Sam.

Kid comes face to face with Cain. Who says I'm here to kill you. Cas intervenes. Kid runs to Sam. Cain tosses Cas with his powers. Sam and the kid in the barn. Cain appears behind the boy. The boy begs him. It's an illusion spell. Real Austin is long gone. Crowley says good eye. Cain assumes there's a devil's trap. Won't hold me for long, you know. Won't need to.

Outside the barn, they discuss. Dean says it's my turn. Need you 3 out of here to take care of whatever comes out. Crowley says happily. Dean holds his hand out for the Blade. Crowley wants a guarantee that Dean will hand it over when it's done. Dean says if I can't, you'll have bigger things to worry about. Puts it in Dean's hand. Dean says I'm good.

He heads into the barn. Closes the door.

Cain says hello. At a loss for words? Allow me. This is the part where you tell me it's not too late. We don't have to fight. Dean says you're past talking down. You're fully mental. Cain says he's clear. My bloodline is tainted. Not all my descendants are killers, but enough are. Dean says what about the kid? Cain says I prefer to be thorough. How does it feel holding the Blade again, Dean? Feels like a means to an end. Cain says, then do it. Dean nears him and Cain dodges or blocks every blow. Dean keeps trying, but Cain is playing with him. Cain says you can do better. Unless....you're holding back. Think you won't succumb? Look to my example, boy! There's only remission and relapse! Dean says you told me this day would come. You told me I'd have to kill you. Cain tosses him. Says you've misunderstood my intentions, Dean. I thought about your biggest weakness. I let Castiel go knowing you'd come with the Blade. Cain picks up the Blade and says it's been too long. I care about you, Dean, I truly do, and I'm saving you. From your fate. you're living my life in reverse. You will kill your brother. Dean says no, never. Cain says it's called the Mark of Cain for a reason! you'll kill Crowley, and then Castiel, and then Sam....and that's a murder you'll never survive. Dean grabs Cain's knife and cuts off Cain's hand. Cain asks what's the matter? Dean says tell me I don't have to do this. Tell me you can stop! Cain says I will never stop. Cain bows his head. Dean strikes with the Blade.

He comes downstairs to the rest. Crowley asks for the Blade. Dean hands it to Cas. Crowley says you lied to me. Dean says it's not the first time today. You weren't on Cain's list. He falls into Sam's arms. Dean, you did it. You did it.

Crowley returns to Hell. Pours a drink. Tells his mother I don't want to hear it. She's packed to leave. He asks what she wants from him. She says I thought you were dead, gone forever, and then I find you, the King of Hell. You made that happen all by yourself. I was so proud. Can you imagine, understand, why it breaks my heart to see what you've become? A sad, bored wee boy on the throne. You're not King, not anymore. You're their bitch. She walks out.

Dean drinking coffee. Sam says what you did back there was incredible. If you can do that without losing yourself, that's cause for hope even without a cure. Yeah. Maybe. Cas returns. The Blade is somewhere safe. Dean says I'm going to sleep for about 4 days. Cas asks Sam how Dean is. Sam? Cas, Dean's in trouble.

Next ep - Wednesday March 18. Supernatural is leaving Tuesdays to let "iZombie" take the slot after "The Flash".




No comments:

Post a Comment