Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

#AgentsOfSHIELD episode 14 recap - Love In The Time of Hydra

"Love in the Time of Hydra"

In the episode, Coulson and his team are still reeling from a shocking revelation that leaves the team fractured as they must decide what to do with one of their own. Meanwhile, Bobbi and Mack reveal their true allegiance to Hunter, while elsewhere, Ward and Agent 33 embark on a personal mission.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter, and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Edward James Olmos as Robert Gonzales, Christine Adams as Agent Weaver, Kirk Achevedo as Agent Calderon, Mark Allan Stewart as Agent Oliver, Simon Kassianides as Sunil Bakshi, Raquel Gardner as Carla Talbot, Maya Stojan as Agent 33, Landall Goolsby as Selwyn, Gigi Bermingham as Rhonda, Scott Speiser as station guard, Parisa Fakhri as Lieutenant Decker, Anna Campbell as female major, Shannon McClung as short officer, Meredith Bishop as Officer Anderson, and Kieren Van Den Blink as female Lieutenant.

”Love in the Time of Hydra” was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Jesse Bochco.


Recap: Ep 14:

A diner. Agent 33 and Ward. He orders pumpkin pancakes. 33 can't decide what she wants to order. She says after Whitehall, I was lost. And then they tell everyone to get on the ground. They kidnap a guy. 33 says you're going to fix my face.

Skye examined again. She still has to wear the casts. Fitz says this is growing pains. If you could control your power, you could be Avenger level. Simmons says, but right now she's Hulk level. They start arguing. Skye quakes. Then goes back to her cell.

May and Coulson discuss Skye. May agrees that Skye should leave SHIELD. May says I have no idea how to handle her. Coulson says this isn't Bahrain. We know Skye. May says Skye doesn't know herself anymore.

The man works on 33. The face mask is repaired. The man says it should be suitable for any of your operations. The mask can't be removed. But it can store 3 different faces in memory. He suggests finding a photo of 33 before the accident so the mask can scan it.

Hunter is brought into Other SHIELD. Mack takes him to a board room. Gonzales joins them. Mack shakes his hand. Hunter doesn't. There's a committee of 4. We founded the real SHIELD on the belief that leadership should be founded on transparency. Fury kept too many secrets. Coulson is heading down Fury's path. Hunter says so that's what this is about. Coulson isn't perfect, but he's not so bad, really. They don't share that opinion. Hunter doesn't think Bobbi would-- She shows up and shuts the door. Sits neck to Mack. Hunter is PISSED. If looks could kill.....

Hunter wishes they could've discussed this alone. Bobbi says Hunter, please. Gonzales says he was close to Isabelle. Coulson pursued alien tech and tragedies happened. Gonzales says Coulson was a good agent before Fury injected him with alien DNA. Are you really not concerned? hunter says you have a few good points, but why not just talk to the man? Mack says that's why we've been gathering intel. Bobbi says they're right, Coulson is compromised.

Coulson's office. Simmons knocked. She brought her study. She says there's possible repercussions. Coulson says it's his decision to make. Yes, sir.

Skye playing Operation. Coulson says you and me need to take a ride. She says I feel like Old Yeller right now. You can't tell me where we're going, can you? He tells her to pack a bag.

33 works on making new faces. Ward comes in. He grabs the keys and says he's going to pick up another surprise. She says wait. I appreciate what you're doing, but you have to stop. I....I have nothing to give to you in return. He says that's not why I'm doing this. Be patient. I'll be back in a couple hours.

Coulson says he's sorry all this is happening, Skye. She says it's her dad's fault. He brought red vines. Says his dad was a car guy. Working on a junker he insisted on me helping him fix. She says, was that car a red 1962 Corvette? Yeah. Well, your Corvette flies. Yeah, it's pretty cool. He says it's still a 62 'Vette at the core. She asks where they're going. He says we're almost there.

Ward and 33. She surprises him with pumpkin pancakes, and Skye's face and kisses him.

He stops, asks what are you doing? She says I'm giving you what you want. No. She says I saw how you looked at her. He says she shot me. She made it clear the feeling wasn't mutual. 33 says please forgive me, this is so stupid.... He says it's okay. She says maybe there's a chance we could be together. He says not as May or Skye, but you. She says there is no me anymore. Whitehall wiped her all away.

Gonzales asks Mack about his cover. Mack says it's good. Get back, then. Gonzales asks Bobbi about Hunter. Are you all in, Barbara? She says yes. He says they're keeping Hunter on base until the Coulson thing is over.

Ward tells 33 I know how you feel. Took getting locked up to gain persepective. Then I visited my family. And I haven't looked back since. You are the only one who can find yourself. But maybe this will help. He gives her an envelope. On Bakshi. He's in Air Force custody. Let's pay him a visit. She says Bakshi prepped me for Whitehall. He says that's why you need to see him face to face. She says she can't... He says you're not alone. Okay. She asks how they'll get in. He says he's got it all worked out.

Mrs. Talbot at the facility. It's 33. She can't find her ID. The guard says she sounds like she has a cold. He calls General Talbot to let her in. She's let in.

Cabin. Coulson says it's one of Fury's safe houses. Even Rogers spent some time here. I have to pull you from active duty. She gets it, but didn't think you'd lock me up. He says there's a video link and May will visit. This is a safe place for you to get a handle on your ability. Simmons made these. They'll inhibit your ability so you can heal. She asks if these are her best option? He says I can't answer that. She tells him to be her friend. What would you do if I was now? He says I don't know. But you'll figure it out. Because you're one of the few people I can trust.

33 changes faces again and enters an office. Uses a computer and cuts the security feed. Ward visits the guard.

Talbot's wife calls him and says she's stuck in traffic. He tells his aide to lock down the base now. If you see me where I'm not supposed to be, it's not me. It's that damn mask again!

Talbot tells a soldier to call Coulson and tell him the nano mask is in play. Talbot calls in all the female personnel. I can't stand a spy in my house.

May confronts Mack about being off campus. Mack says Hunter's in no shape to return. She says Hunter went AWOL. Mack says Hunter is only a threat to himself. She asks if Bobbi was there? He says he didn't see her. She tells him to report to Coulson. He says okay. Anything else? She says you've done enough already.

Coulson tells Skye I have to get back. We'll figure this out. I promise. They hug.

Talbot questions Captain Anderson. Then another woman. Then stares at the Major. I think we have a winner, folks. He grabs her face. She says General, please... Sorry about that, Meredith. Dammit, where is she?

33 and Ward. She's a male soldier now. She gets in to Bakshi. Ward comes in. Bakshi asks whose orders you're following. 33 says my own. She punches him.

Talbot pulls his gun on his wife. She walked in when there was no guard out front. He yells at her to put her face on the ground now. She does. What is wrong with you? She even brought taquitos he likes. She starts crying. He says, Carla? Poor gal...

Bobbi tells Hunter sorry. I was hoping to keep you out of this. He scoffs. She says I blew that one. I never thought you'd stay or care. And then Mack has you tied up in his trunk. Hunter says I should've known it wouldn't work between us. We met when you were stealing intel from me. Bobbi says everything I felt was real. He says it's always the same pattern, love. You always have an agenda. Walk away, right now. Start over. Be better people! She says I'm sorry. I need to finish this. He says fine. I'm leaving. So don't try and stop me. She says she won't. Everybody else will. Hunter tries to fight his way out. Runs through the facility. And learns he's on a carrier ship.

Bobbi with guards. She opens the door and Hunter's not in sight.

Fitz asks Coulson where Skye is. Coulson says that's classified. Fitz asks Simmons what she gave Coulson. She says something to help Skye. I'm just trying to fix her. Fitz says you never used to be this scared. You're afraid of how me and Skye changed, but what's changed, Gemma, is you.

Talbot tells Coulson that 33 and Ward broke out Bakshi. How is your wife? She's rattled. Damn near cost me my marriage. I lost 2 men to those psychopaths. Coulson says it's never easy. May asks Coulson if he's okay. He says this thing with Skye didn't feel right. Ever feel like you're mishandling something important? Yeah. It's how she felt when she left Andrew. So, do you believe Mack? Nope. Me, either.

Hunter took a sub. 12 hours until he reaches the coast. Gonzales says Mack says Skye has been secreted away. Bobbi says Skye isn't the main concern. Coulson and his secrets are the threat. She wants to go back in. One of the committee calls her crazy. Hunter can give you away in 12 hours. She says I only need 6.

33 stares at a mirror. Looks at her scarring. Ward says nice to finally meet you. I'm Grant. Kyra. He says I'm proud of you, Kyra. She hugs and thanks him. He says you did this and this is just the beginning. She says it'll be a long night. They have Bakshi in front of the program. Bakshi asks if his compliance will be rewarded. 33 says it won't make a difference.

Next ep - Mutiny begins. Coulson's base is invaded. May tells Skye to run. They're coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment