Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Suicide Squad is back on #Arrow! Ep 17 Recap

“Suicidal Tendencies”

DIGGLE MARRIES LYLA; THE SUICIDE SQUAD RIDES AGAIN — It’s celebration time as Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) get married. However, Deadshot (guest star Michael Rowe) interrupts their honeymoon and tells them the Suicide Squad has been given a new mission – rescue United States Senator Joseph Cray (guest star Steven Culp) from a hostage situation in the Republic of Kasnia. Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) breaks down the mission and introduces them to the newest member of the Suicide Squad, Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick). Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) learns about Ray’s new Atom costume and the two have a heated stand-off. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Ray hit a rough patch. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu (#317). Original airdate 3/25/2015.




Image credit: The CW

Recap: Ep 17:

Wedding! Oliver arrived at 12:45. Diggle says you're late. Photos were at 12. Felicity and Ray arrive. Diggle tells Ray you hurt her, they'll never find your body. Lyla tells Diggle that their officiant just got called out of town. Ray says I'm a minister. Long story. LOL.

The ceremony starts. Ray giving the speech. Oliver watches Felicity watch him. Lyla and Diggle wrote their own vows. Which aren't quite sweet and traditional, lol. Ray pronounces them husband and wife. Short wedding!

Roy and Thea dance. Lyla and Diggle dance. Oliver compliments Laurel on her dress. Asks about her cast. Felicity caught the bouquet. She and Oliver discuss Ray. He asks if she's happy. Yes, very. That's all he wanted. Phones-- Arrow returns to killing! They all look at each other, knowing Oliver/Arrow isn't in the photo.

They watch the news conference in the Arrow Cave. Laurel and Lance and Ray make statements. Ray says the Arrow needs to be apprehended. Felicity is surprised. Roy says you have to talk to Lance. Oliver says it won't help this time. Felicity says we know the League is behind this. Oliver says Ra's is trying to turn the city against me so I have to accept his offer. He's targeting criminals, so hit the streets. Gives Roy and Felicity instructions. Diggle asks how they can help. Oliver tells Lyla and Diggle to go on their honeymoon to Fiji. Go, live, we've got this.

Lyla tells Diggle that if this doesn't feel right, we won't go. They get in the limo and Floyd is there. Suicide Squad rides again.

Amanda says 5 hours ago, there was a terrorist attack. Senator Joseph Cray was kidnapped. There's a plane ready in 30 minutes. Lyla tells Diggle to go to Fiji and she'll meet him. He says no, we're in this together. So it's us, Floyd, who else? Cupid.

Oliver practicing with the sword. Felicity gets a lead. Oliver goes out.

Republic of Kosnia. Cupid asks about the wedding. She's still dreaming about marrying the Arrow. Floyd says you don't get to do what we do with a family. Diggle says speak for yourself. Floyd says love is a bullet in the brain. Lyla says we're only here for the senator.

Floyd comes home from war. Surprises his wife and daughter. She doesn't know him. Mom reminds her this is your daddy. He says hi, Zoe. Missed you every day.

Arrow on the way to a warehouse of criminals. But the man in the hood here first is killing. Oliver attacks. And then there are more of them! 4 Arrow fight. Maseo says you can't kill them all, Oliver. Oliver says you can't believe in this! Maseo says My Master sees something in you. Don't fight it. Embrace it. Don't let your recalcitrance take any more lives.

Oliver is outed! Facial recognition figures out who is under the hood when he looks at a window. About time something/someone noticed his identity from the lower half of his face.

Ray staring at a monitor. Felicity asks what's going on. He says Oliver Queen is the Arrow. What? She looks at the monitor. He says it all makes sense now. You've been working with the Arrow this whole time. I saw your friend Oliver standing over eight victims. She says because he's investigating who's really doing this. You have no idea what he's gone through, what he's done, how he's grown. He says you have feelings for him. Yes. No! I did, but that's over now. Ray says I've held nothing back. I thought you could be a true partner. In the mission and in life. She says I want that, I still do. What are you going to do? He says bring the Arrow to justice.

Diggle and team. Deadshot clears the entrance for them.

Floyd flashback at home. He makes a sandwich for his daughter and gets mad when she rejects it. His wife says you're not fine. You don't sleep, you don't socialize, you barely eat. There are people that can help you! He says no one understands! She says make them understand. He says I pulled triggers and someone died every single time. She begs him to stop. He backs away. She says get away from us and calls 911. It's my husband, he has a gun.

Arrow Cave. Oliver examining the arrows. They're identical. Felicity says Ray knows about you. He's going to tell the cops. He has a mission and built a suit and used my facial recognition software and XRay. Oliver says Palmer has a mission? When were you going to tell me this! She says it wasn't important until now. Roy says Ray built a supersuit? That's kinda awesome. Oliver shoots him a look. Roy says, And reckless. LOL.

Ray meets with Laurel. She says digital images can be faked. He says you're protecting him. You're training with Wildcat Grant, right? She tells him if he goes to the media, Mr. Queen would have a slam dunk defamation case that would bankrupt you. He might even get his company back. Ray says guess I need to seek justice on my own.

Senator tries to reassure people. Diggle's team comes in. Lyla tells the senator we need to move fast. He says they weren't supposed to send anybody, that was the whole point, and pulls a gun. Oh boy.....

Floyd saves Cupid from getting shot. My hero! Floyd got shot in the arm. Diggle orders him to take off his shirt. Sees the tattoos of the names of his kills. Cupid is all over him. Floyd says okay, now I want to die. Lyla's signal is jammed. Senator says these are mercenaries working or me. I love my country and my country loves a hero. Diggle says this is all theater? Senator says everyone here was supposed to go home alive! But now you've made them witnesses. I will nominate you all for the Medal of Honor once I'm president. You'll be remembered as heroes.

Oliver goes to Ray's office. Arrow. Super suit. It's the ATOM. Oliver says I didn't kill those people. Ray says yeah, hate when that happens. 5 years on an island, must've played with your sanity. Oliver says Felicity told you the truth. You should trust her judgment. Ray says no, she's clouded by her feelings. Oliver says you have no idea what the city is up against.

Diggle and Lyla. The hospital is rigged to blow. She gets upset. Why did we come here? What were we thinking? Our baby girl.... He says Laughton was right. Floyd says Say that again. Lyla says we're not going to make it. Floyd says yeah we are and you're going to see your daughter again. Cupid finds him SO hot. LOL.

A woman tells Floyd we're in need for your talent. We'll pay handsomely. We paid your bail. She represents HIVE. He says I'm done. She says you'll never see your family again. They're a distraction for people like you. Love is a bullet in the brain. He asks who's my target? Andrew Diggle.

Felicity in the Arrow Cave. How'd it go with Ray? Not well. Oliver says your boyfriend is stubborn. Untrained and unstable. Unstable? He's flying around looking for a man that's already killed 8 people and he's going to be next. She says you'd like that. What? She says you can't stand me being with someone else. He says I meant it. I want you to be happy. I was fine with Ray right up until he put on that suit. You deserve a normal life. She says what I deserve is someone who lets me in. Ray told me he wanted a partner and you said you can't be with me. Oliver says I told you I can't be with you *and* save the city. Neither can Ray. He just doesn't know it. 911 call. Oliver says call Roy and tell him to suit up and meet me.

They find no one. Until Ray shows up. he faked the call. And starts aiming blasts at them. Oliver shoots an arrow and it bounces off. Ray electrocutes Arsenal. Oliver dodges shots. Then Oliver identifies a weak spot and turns Ray's suit off. Oliver says the man you're hunting would kill you right now. I told you to back off and you didn't listen! So kill me. Go ahead. Show Felicity the kind of man you really are. Oliver says I have nothing to prove to her. But you do. He pulls Ray up. She chose you. So trust her. Oliver walks away.

The senator tells the people he's sorry. Everything was supposed to work out differently. Diggle's team bursts in shooting. Senator says I'll push this switch right now! Stand down. 3 of them. Wait....there were 4 of you. Floyd sniping. Fight again. Diggle gets the hostages out. Lyla hurries them on. Cupid asks Floyd how he's getting out. He says I'm not. I lied. Someone has to cover your ass. Just get back to your baby girl, John. They get outside. In a truck. Seconds wind down. Floyd looks at a photo of his family. The building blows. Cupid screams.

Felicity comes to Ray's office. How are you? my ego is bruised, and my arm and my back and my rotator cuff. She says I'm sorry about all of this. He says I owe you an apology. I trust you now. She says about you wanting a true partner - that offer still good? Yeah. She kisses him.

News. Diggle holding Sarah. Floyd died in an explosion, it says. Lyla says I tried to set the record straight and Waller blocked me. There's something else. He says I'm leaving Team Arrow. It won't works until it doesn't, and then what? i can't do that to Sara. Lyla says the work you do in this city is good work. Which is why I resigned. I want to set a good example for our daughter. I want her to be proud of me. Diggle says I'm proud of you. I'm proud of you, Lyla, and nothing will change that.

Felicity is off to a meeting with Ray and the mayor. He's had a change of heart about the Arrow. Diggle comes in. Grabs glasses and vodka. To Floyd Laughton. They drink. Any luck finding your imposter? Still out there.

Ray tells the mayor that the Arrow is being framed. Laurel says we need to address the media right away. An arrow kills the mayor! Maseo has Felicity in his sights.

Next week - City vs. the vigilantes.

No comments:

Post a Comment